PDA

View Full Version : Can Anyone Help?

rvr6pac
04-26-2007, 06:06 PM
My husband is in Havi right now at our boat storage - both batteries are dead - and he can't get the hatch open to charge the batteries. Would anyone be available to help?

Mandelon
04-26-2007, 06:21 PM
Some boats have a remote fitting to connect a charger or jump starter. Mine is on the starboard side of the rear seat base. It came with a three prong connector that has leads to connect to a charger.
If that is not available have him pull the pins on the back of hatch hinges, and monkey the lid off to the side a little, then he can get to the batteries. Or detach the hatch from the lifting arms.

wildbillg
04-26-2007, 06:30 PM
He just needs to plug into the cig lighter with some type of charging source and then he can rasie the hatch to get to the batterys

rvr6pac
04-26-2007, 06:31 PM
Excuse my ignorance... :) Plug what into the cigarette lighter?

Outnumbered
04-26-2007, 06:32 PM
Or you can pull the hinge pins and MAY have enough room to get your hand in there to pull the ram pin.
Or you can hot-wire the hatch switch under the dash with a fresh battery and some mini-jumpers (roach clips with wires). Just be careful not to fry anything.

Mandelon
04-26-2007, 06:33 PM
Have him run down to the auto parts store and buy a charger that plugs into your cigarette lighter power point dealio.

Outnumbered
04-26-2007, 06:35 PM
Have him run down to the auto parts store and buy a charger that plugs into your cigarette lighter power point dealio.
This will only work if the lighter is wired "always on". If not the key will have to be in the ACC position.;)

Mandelon
04-26-2007, 06:37 PM
Ya think he has the key???? :D

rvr6pac
04-26-2007, 06:38 PM
Thanks for the tips! I know he's pulled one hinge but can't get to the other - his arm's too big. He's going to see about the cig lighter charger....
Thanks again fellow ***boaters!

Outnumbered
04-26-2007, 06:41 PM
They sell these at the auto parts store or Radio Shack/Ace Hardware:
http://www.mpja.com/pictures/16050.jpg
Wire them to the back of the hatch switch from a fresh battery.

Mandelon
04-27-2007, 08:06 AM
Thanks for the tips! I know he's pulled one hinge but can't get to the other - his arm's too big. He's going to see about the cig lighter charger....
Thanks again fellow ***boaters!
You're married to 20" guns? :eek: :D

Mrs. Bordsmnj
04-27-2007, 09:23 AM
Your boats have cigarette lighters??? :confused:

Keith E. Sayre
04-27-2007, 09:29 AM
I know this is a bit late but if he is still having problems,
call me, I'll go open it right now for him.
For future reference, if you have a jumper box or any source of 12 volts, grab 2 long screwdrivers and get under the dash (assuming the wiring is visible) and go to the
ignition switch and wire it, in other words, provide power
to the entire boat from there, then hit your hatch switch.
OR do what Billy Gardner said, but you can use the 2 screwdrivers hooked to your power source, the center pole
in the back center of the cig lighter is positive and the
outside of the cig lighter should be ground. Then hit your
hatch button and it'll open every time.
Good luck.
Keith Sayre

rvr6pac
04-27-2007, 09:35 AM
Thanks a lot! He got it fixed last night and is out on the lake as we speak. He got the hatch open, but had to buy a new battery - thanks to Savage Marine - they met him there.
You all are awesome. Thanks for the help. I am driving out tonight to meet him. If any of you see us, stop and say HI.

tamalewagon
04-27-2007, 10:43 AM
today i learned some thing on H/B THANKS:D
***boat school??? :D

clownpuncher
04-27-2007, 10:52 AM
and monkey the lid off to the side a little.
One of those "it don't make sense but we know what ya meant dealios":D