PDA

View Full Version : House in The Keys

rollin24/7
04-27-2007, 11:21 AM
Hello all. I'm looking for a house in the Keys in Parker to rent this August for a week for our annual family vacation. If you know of any please PM me with the details. (Needs to sleep 8 minimum)
Thanks

BADBLOWN572
04-27-2007, 11:25 AM
Hello all. I'm looking for a house in the Keys in Parker to rent this August for a week for our annual family vacation. If you know of any please PM me with the details. (Needs to sleep 8 minimum)
Thanks
There are a couple of houses in there that are available for rent. I know that David Plunkett was able to point some friends of mine in the proper direction. I would however, stay away from a house at the end of Apache Loop for a family weekend. The neighbor is a real dick. ;) :D

rollin24/7
04-27-2007, 11:29 AM
Thanks for the heads up.

shrek
04-27-2007, 11:37 AM
Are they still allowed to rent? I thought the HOA had a big vote at the annual meeting...
They voted to continue to allow renting.........but the vote was close......
Shrek

AZKC
04-27-2007, 11:45 AM
There are a couple of houses in there that are available for rent. I know that David Plunkett was able to point some friends of mine in the proper direction. I would however, stay away from a house at the end of Apache Loop for a family weekend. The neighbor is a real dick. ;) :D
Were they able to repair all the damage Knuckleheads crew did to that house;)

Trailer Park Casanova
04-27-2007, 11:55 AM
I'd bet we would see a few more for sale signs go up if they eliminated renting.
We're looking to move in.

riverratrob
04-27-2007, 12:29 PM
So should we act like the owner at the end of Apache loop ,a DICK !!

shrek
04-27-2007, 12:43 PM
Its amazing that they still bitch.........
Back up 5-7 years, and it was like a 24hour party in the Keys on Holiday weekends........Parties every 3-4 houses, and crazyloud music until the wee hours........
Now it is quiet on Holiday weekends........too quiet, in fact.
I think it is just people that have to bitch about something.
Shrek

RiverDave
04-27-2007, 12:47 PM
BB572 was joking Riverratbob...
Honestly I have to put up with more shit from renters being that I have two rental houses in a very close proximity to me, then probably most others in the keys.
Here's a short list of the problems I had from just last year..
Full Coolers stolen
Hose(s) stolen
Billet Hose nozels stolen (at 50 bucks a whack)
Mirror broken off a friend (girls) truck
A dog walk into my house and proceed to start pissing on everything
Parking problems (driveway is full of renters cars)
Boat Problems (boats always seem to overhang onto my dock even when there's only one boat?)
etc.. etc..
Ironically enough I've always been real mellow about everything... Only flipped out on one renter and that was several years back, and becuase he was waaaayyyyy outta line.
I figure most people are out there to have a good time, and they just don't know any better so it is what it is.
RD

riverratrob
04-27-2007, 01:03 PM
Honestly I have to put up with more shit from renters being that I have two rental houses in a very close proximity to me, then probably most others in the keys.
Full Coolers stolen
Hose(s) stolen
Boat Problems (boats always seem to overhang onto my dock even when there's only one boat?)
etc.. etc..
Ironically enough I've always been real mellow about everything... Only flipped out on one renter and that was several years back, and becuase he was waaaayyyyy outta line.
I figure most people are out there to have a good time, and they just don't know any better so it is what it is.
RDThanks for the head's up RD just cant belive the dog broke the mirror and the girl pissed youre floor :jawdrop: I will say I haven't seen that there yet but I always see people cruzin the channels at 3.00am crankin the tunes and pissin themselves!

riverratrob
04-27-2007, 01:04 PM
(my opinion) at some point you have to let that type of behavior leave your lifestyle, especially if you own 3/4 of a million dollar house on the water. it's called preserving "your-special-interest" :idea: we would like to keep our home values stay in the general area of (500k to 1 mil), and in doing so, we need to weed out the river trash .. there are plenty of spots up and down the river (and at the lake) to house this type of "partying 24 hours, with crazyloud music" behavior .... i'm not telling you to stop doing it, i'm just saying, don't be bringing that shiznit up in our hood :devil: (i'm actually selling my house and buying into our other family house, if any of you are thinking of buying a keys' crib, pm me) ..... keyesneed pics

shrek
04-27-2007, 01:10 PM
(my opinion) at some point you have to let that type of behavior leave your lifestyle, especially if you own 3/4 of a million dollar house on the water. it's called preserving "your-special-interest" :idea: we would like to keep our home values stay in the general area of (500k to 1 mil), and in doing so, we need to weed out the river trash .. there are plenty of spots up and down the river (and at the lake) to house this type of "partying 24 hours, with crazyloud music" behavior .... i'm not telling you to stop doing it, i'm just saying, don't be bringing that shiznit up in our hood :devil: (i'm actually selling my house and buying into our other family house, if any of you are thinking of buying a keys' crib, pm me) ..... keyes
I am not saying that is me...........Im just saying that is what I observe.
Loud music used to be us........years ago......but that is it, we have always been very respectfull renters and have a good reputation amongst the real estate agents down there.
We have actually had two neighboring owners call the agencys and tell them how good a group of "renters" we were.......
I should clarify what I mean by too quiet..........I really miss the constant parade of boats that used to go by in the Keys........you used to be able to sit on the deck and have a great time just watching boats full of partiers go by having fun.........good, clean fun, I might add.........just doesnt happen anymore......
PM Sent....
Shrek

RiverDave
04-27-2007, 01:23 PM
(my opinion) at some point you have to let that type of behavior leave your lifestyle, especially if you own 3/4 of a million dollar house on the water. it's called preserving "your-special-interest" :idea: we would like to keep our home values stay in the general area of (500k to 1 mil), and in doing so, we need to weed out the river trash .. there are plenty of spots up and down the river (and at the lake) to house this type of "partying 24 hours, with crazyloud music" behavior .... i'm not telling you to stop doing it, i'm just saying, don't be bringing that shiznit up in our hood :devil: (i'm actually selling my house and buying into our other family house, if any of you are thinking of buying a keys' crib, pm me) ..... keyes
Well that's certainly one opinion...
What do you suppose made the houses in the keys worth what they are worth?
RD

Tige' 24v
04-27-2007, 01:28 PM
So people actually go to the river/Keyes and party:rolleyes:

RiverDave
04-27-2007, 01:40 PM
So people actually go to the river/Keyes and party:rolleyes:
People used too, and some people still do.. :eek:
I can agree with Where's my Keyes on some level becuase people have good times in different ways.. Some of the shit that goes on at the sandbar nowdays is damn near appauling. Honestly from a scientific view it could be considered an anatomy lesson I suppose.. LOL
But when I say "partying" There's nothing wrong with having a bunch of people over at your house for cocktails and music/pool etc.. Or having a big BBQ for everyone.
There's alot of people that are dead intent in trying to turn the keys into a retirement community... and for what? After they keys sucks nobody is going to want to be in there anymore and noboby will buy which in turn will in fact lower property values.
RD

Tige' 24v
04-27-2007, 01:44 PM
I can agree with Where's my Keyes on some level becuase people have good times in different ways.. Some of the shit that goes on at the sandbar nowdays is damn near appauling. Honestly from a scientific view it could be considered an anatomy lesson I suppose.. LOL
But when I say "partying" There's nothing wrong with having a bunch of people over at your house for cocktails and music/pool etc.. Or having a big BBQ for everyone.
There's alot of people that are dead intent in trying to turn the keys into a retirement community... and for what? After they keys sucks nobody is going to want to be in there anymore and noboby will buy which in turn will in fact lower property values.
RD
I couldn't agree or have written it better then you just did!!!!!

BobbyB
04-27-2007, 01:56 PM
I enjoy the keys. Our friends would rent a pad in there once or twice a year, and 10 of us or so woyld get together and split the cost. It was always cool to able to come back to a house and party at night after being out on the river all day. I would love to be able to have a house of our own there someday as well. The rent guidlines the last time I rented were getting re-goddamn-cockulous. The security deposit ALONE should be enough to keep the river trash out. It work on us:D (Now we roll at Emerald, and get chased by War Eagle). In fact, the last time we stayed, the neighbors were just outta control with the calls to ole johnny law. We couldn't even enjoy ourselves, respectable like;) .

boatnam2
04-27-2007, 02:05 PM
We where so close to buying a place on the back row,im talking driving there twice to only change our mind and buy a little ways up river.The only reason i even considered it was because it was going to be a rental only way we could of made it affordable.Now if i bought 10 years ago when it was 175k or less i guess renting it out would not been needed and i could maybe justify going once a month.but paying 2k-3k month to have it sit would be tough. We sold turned out to be a good decision made a few bucks,found out renting is rough and ultimately that 1800 bucks a month for 3 days of fun was to much.I know kick it at emerald with bobbyb and tear shitt up!If i need a keys fix head over to RD's

boatnam2
04-27-2007, 02:10 PM
Last time we rented there we stayed next to kim gorys house place across from circle K.One of our kids buddy had a bright idea to build a ramp and jump into the canal.well long story short the bike wheel we through the ramp and he flew head first into the water barley clearing the dock but he kicked the big light as he flew and it fell to the dock and shattered.All of kims family were on her dock and seen it plus there office is directly across the street kims mom was pissed.we we ended up buying 2 different house from her so i guess i call it even.

riverratrob
04-27-2007, 02:42 PM
RDAmen brother that is the chill partying that I like to do when in Parker.

Riverkid
04-27-2007, 07:00 PM
We where so close to buying a place on the back row,im talking driving there twice to only change our mind and buy a little ways up river.The only reason i even considered it was because it was going to be a rental only way we could of made it affordable.Now if i bought 10 years ago when it was 175k or less i guess renting it out would not been needed and i could maybe justify going once a month.but paying 2k-3k month to have it sit would be tough. We sold turned out to be a good decision made a few bucks,found out renting is rough and ultimately that 1800 bucks a month for 3 days of fun was to much.I know kick it at emerald with bobbyb and tear shitt up!If i need a keys fix head over to RD's
I remember staying at my buddy Kyle's place and you could hear the Circle K door ringer as everyone came and left...:D The house now is crazy. I wish I could have bought Neal's place when it sold. Huge garage and just enough A/C... Used to stay at Loren's place until Squeak built that monster. Love to have a house in there.

rollin24/7
04-28-2007, 07:36 AM
So basically what you are saying is, be respectful, be courteous, treat it like it is your own, obey the rules, & be responsible.......................geez, what a concept:D
I think most people that I see in there are middle ages married couples with kids that want to spend time with family, BBQ, and throw back some cocktails. It's when the kids come out with ma a paps boat and keys to the house with 20 of there friends and act like they are invinsible is when the problems start.
Thanks again for the input.

AirtimeLavey
04-28-2007, 09:14 AM
I rented that one a couple of years ago, and both neighbors were very cool, including the one you're talking about. Very cool, as a matter of fact, even though a couple in our group were a pain in the a--. That one neighbor you're referring to, frickin offered BBQ, tours of the keyes, beer, help w/one of our boats, etc. You probably couldn't find a nicer guy out there. :D
Full Coolers stolen
Hose(s) stolen
etc.. etc..
RD
That's pretty f-d up. Gotta be tough to be sitting next door to the never-know-what-you're-gonna-get-this-weekend-house. :D

Nord
04-28-2007, 02:17 PM
I rented that one a couple of years ago, and both neighbors were very cool, including the one you're talking about. Very cool, as a matter of fact, even though a couple in our group were a pain in the a--. That one neighbor you're referring to, frickin offered BBQ, tours of the keyes, beer, help w/one of our boats, etc. You probably couldn't find a nicer guy out there. :D
That's pretty f-d up. Gotta be tough to be sitting next door to the never-know-what-you're-gonna-get-this-weekend-house. :D
I think I've met you before.....

AirtimeLavey
04-29-2007, 02:00 PM
I think I've met you before.....
Yep. You were there. 4th of July a couple years ago. I had my Lavey, friends had a Searay (tried to lock to the dock) and another had a jet boat w/issues. You were hitting it off really well w/one of the older blondes in our group....:D A couple of the women in the group were giving me shiat because their husbands went to that "other" party. :jawdrop: :rolleyes: You guys were real cool neighbors to us p.i.a. renters. :D