PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone seen Naciamento Lake

daddy b
04-27-2007, 06:09 PM
:eek: I heard it is at 50%, that seems kind of low.......

intense
04-27-2007, 06:43 PM
http://www.mcwra.co.monterey.ca.us/Agency_data/ReservoirData/CurrentReservoirData/d&r_current_n.htm
As of yesterday! 58%

Old school Ultra
04-27-2007, 10:19 PM
Thats real low, Last year it was at about 85%

framer1
04-28-2007, 06:27 AM
:eek: I heard it is at 50%, that seems kind of low.......
That isn't that bad, i've see it alot lower. Should open up some parking.....that a good thing:)

intense
04-28-2007, 06:43 AM
Don't tell em that's not bad:D Yep not enough water this year better not go there:jawdrop:

IT'SONLYMONEY
04-28-2007, 11:15 AM
go to the web cam it is no where near 50% it's almost to the top going to be a bitchn year again for labor day.

funkcity
04-29-2007, 12:32 AM
Of course we're renting a house at Naci at Oak Shores end of July.
And one of the reasons we do it is to have the dock right down from the house and leave the boat in the water for the week..... But there might not be enough water to float the dock anywhere near the house.... and then we'd have to drive to the marina each day from the house... and of course nobody in my family wants to pay the steep Oak Shores rates and have to drive all the time. Ha!
Dropping at at least 1/2 inch or more per day, the lake will be going down rapidly.
The irony of course is that right-next-door Lake San Antonio is still at 90%.
And they do not let water out or generate electricity at their dam. Grrr!
Monterey county I'm told.

funkcity
04-29-2007, 12:52 AM
May 06 Lake level= 796 feet
May 07 Lake level less than 768 feet
28 feet lower this year at this time hmm...

framer1
04-29-2007, 03:44 AM
Don't tell em that's not bad:D Yep not enough water this year better not go there:jawdrop:
I thought about that when I was writing that:) So now i'm saying it's way to low, stay away for your own safety:eek:

framer1
04-29-2007, 03:50 AM
Of course we're renting a house at Naci at Oak Shores end of July.
And one of the reasons we do it is to have the dock right down from the house and leave the boat in the water for the week..... But there might not be enough water to float the dock anywhere near the house.... and then we'd have to drive to the marina each day from the house... and of course nobody in my family wants to pay the steep Oak Shores rates and have to drive all the time. Ha!
Dropping at at least 1/2 inch or more per day, the lake will be going down rapidly.
The irony of course is that right-next-door Lake San Antonio is still at 90%.
And they do not let water out or generate electricity at their dam. Grrr!
Monterey county I'm told.
Neither lake generates electricity, they let warer out of Naci because Montery county doesn't own the park, just the lake.....San Antonio lake they own both. They let the water out to replenish the wells in Montery county and to stop the salt intrusion....so they say. I think it's pretty much B.S.

RitcheyRch
04-29-2007, 08:56 AM
Never been there but have always wanted to go there. Sounds like not going to be trying this year.

FOREVER2DOXIES
04-29-2007, 02:39 PM
last time i went to Naci was when i was a kid...maybe 30 someodd years ago and it was a mud pit then. i am willing to give going there another try just to see the difference and maybe make new memories!

IT'SONLYMONEY
04-30-2007, 09:03 AM
just kidding. been there when you could walk in the narrows. found a lot of nice stuff though. low or high we still managed to have a great time. have fun you guys and hope to make it there once before the boat sells.

ekbearly
04-30-2007, 09:42 AM
I went two weeks ago. The water is waaaay down. They are draining it to fix a dam and because they need toe water for Ag purposes. There is still plenty of room to boat, but the shoreline is not as pretty as the dirt and rocks of the shore are visible vs. having the water go right up to the green grass and trees.

n8dawg
04-30-2007, 09:45 AM
Naci sucks.......stay away!!!!!
Just means more sandy day beaches for me! But yeah the water is low so please don't go!!:D

FOREVER2DOXIES
04-30-2007, 11:14 AM
if the lake is only at 58%, no guarantees it will get better before the heat is on. sounds like unless things change REAL fast, no naci trip for us this summer. not going to a mud pit! :D

SKV OWNER
04-30-2007, 06:10 PM
I grew up on that lake but havent been there in years but still love it. I've ridin three wheelers in the bottom of Las tablas and found a prop that I still run today, stuck in a stump in the narrows. Great lake when it's goot water

SKV OWNER
04-30-2007, 06:13 PM
To n8dawg a 73 Miller with a 496 cadi and jacuzzi pump on nosi, that brings back some memereis

funkcity
04-30-2007, 07:13 PM
Hey SKV Owner.
Here's a pic... 2years ago of our SKV-20 pulling my son and his buddy at Naci.
We've since gone the Malibu V-Ride route.... but I still miss the stern drive!
Today we've moved to a different rental house that is not in a cove or behind the Oak Shores log breakwater. So we will have water at it's dock! :D

SKV OWNER
05-01-2007, 06:11 PM
Good looken SKV they made a great boat . Would love to find more SKV owners and get together somewhere like naci or the river. I have a 24 daycruiser with a 468 roller and a old trs drive the boats a mess rite now but will be nice by the end of summer. Skiing at naci , good times.

RitcheyRch
05-20-2007, 01:29 PM
We hoping to come out for Shadow's lake bash later this year. Hope the water is up for us by then.

Phat Daddy
05-21-2007, 11:23 AM
We hoping to come out for Shadow's lake bash later this year. Hope the water is up for us by then.
Just got back from our annual week long vacation at Naci. Water is definately down from last year. When you get back in the Narrows and other places you can see where the water was about 50' to 70' feet higher the previous year. They said it will keep going down all year long. Hope they get some heavy rain next winter or it will turn into a pond.

RitcheyRch
05-21-2007, 12:10 PM
Thanks for the info.
Just got back from our annual week long vacation at Naci. Water is definately down from last year. When you get back in the Narrows and other places you can see where the water was about 50' to 70' feet higher the previous year. They said it will keep going down all year long. Hope they get some heavy rain next winter or it will turn into a pond.

funkcity
05-22-2007, 11:58 AM
We used to stay at our friend's property in the Swamp John arm just around the bend from the Naci Bash.
http://nacimientoresort.com/maps.htm
When the water's up it's great but one low-water year I continually had a recurring nightmare of finding my boat high and dry in the mud! It never happened but I still checked it a few times in the middle of the night! :)

Darrell's Bro
05-23-2007, 06:36 AM
It has been a couple weeks since I was at the lake but it is far from a mud hole. Shadow's first Naci Bash, a couple years ago, was held with similar water levels. I've seen the lake much lower and still usable & fun.
Unless the dam breaks, I'm betting the lake will be fine all summer. So load up the boat, put on some sun screen, pop a beer and enjoy the summer!