PDA

View Full Version : Kurtis runner bottom?

blownschiada
01-13-2003, 09:53 PM
Going to buy new project boat I found.It is a runner bottom boat with T-Deck style cutout but it is in the center.The guy tells me it is a Kurtis.Has anybody ever seen one with the cutout in the center?I am going to try to pick it up this weekend then I can post some pics. :D

boatguy222
01-13-2003, 10:50 PM
Arlen only made a few of them, I have only seen one, is it the the one that is for sale in the Havasu area??

blownschiada
01-13-2003, 10:55 PM
BoatGuy,No I found it in Santa Barbara.I ran into it in some guys back yard he tells me it used to belong to a friend of his years ago who used to race it,It is a pretty cool looking boat.Great project!

BILLY.B
01-13-2003, 11:00 PM
blownschiada:
BoatGuy,No I found it in Santa Barbara.I ran into it in some guys back yard he tells me it used to belong to a friend of his years ago who used to race it,It is a pretty cool looking boat.Great project! THERE was guy who ran one at the N.D.B.A. drags for awhile but I can't remember his name,all's I remember was the boat was black and it ran pretty decent.

blownschiada
01-13-2003, 11:06 PM
I used to have a hondo runner ,If this runs as good as that boat ran I will be happy.I am thinking about taking my blown 540 out of the Schiada and trying it out in the Kurtis.

racingfastflats
01-13-2003, 11:49 PM
A guy back in the late 70's ran an UBGF named the Stinger. It was a center deck and it ran ok. Billy B it was Jeff's grandfather's partner. Jeff can tell you all about it. I guess that's when he really got interested in racing.

O.B eddie
01-14-2003, 06:01 AM
blownschiada:
I used to have a hondo runner ,If this runs as good as that boat ran I will be happy.I am thinking about taking my blown 540 out of the Schiada and trying it out in the Kurtis. Here we go another potential 145 m.p.h flat bottom.. Why do these morons throw a blower on somethin and think they are gonna break the liquid 1-4 speed records!! B.S go back to bed with your bro in law
eek!

BILLY.B
01-14-2003, 06:19 AM
racingfastflats:
A guy back in the late 70's ran an UBGF named the Stinger. It was a center deck and it ran ok. Billy B it was Jeff's grandfather's partner. Jeff can tell you all about it. I guess that's when he really got interested in racing. You won't believe this but it bugged me that I could'nt remember the boat name when I went to bed last night, and wouldn't you know I woke up at 3:00 a.m. with the name Al Martin and Stinger, and boom, I turn to the post this morning and there it is.Who say's the first thing to go is your mind!! :D

blownschiada
01-14-2003, 07:36 AM
O.B eddie:
blownschiada:
I used to have a hondo runner ,If this runs as good as that boat ran I will be happy.I am thinking about taking my blown 540 out of the Schiada and trying it out in the Kurtis. Here we go another potential 145 m.p.h flat bottom.. Why do these morons throw a blower on somethin and think they are gonna break the liquid 1-4 speed records!! B.S go back to bed with your bro in law
eek! out back eddie,I dont think I mentioned anything about speed in my post,but I am sure that with a blown 540 in a runner bottom I should at least be able to hit the 55mph. range.As far as going to bed with my Bro in law ,there goes your HOMOSEXUAL thoughts again you JACK ASS!!!
:o :o :o :o this little guy looks alot lke you. :o :o :o
[ January 14, 2003, 07:59 PM: Message edited by: blownschiada ]

GofastRacer
01-14-2003, 07:45 AM
http://www.handykult.de/plaudersmilies.de/jump.gif

ACCEPTENCE
01-14-2003, 09:19 AM
blownschiada:
Going to buy new project boat I found.It is a runner bottom boat with T-Deck style cutout but it is in the center.The guy tells me it is a Kurtis.Has anybody ever seen one with the cutout in the center?I am going to try to pick it up this weekend then I can post some pics. :D Blown, I have seen one for sale a few months back in the San Fernando Valley. Stopped and looked at it. Looked to me like it would get the job done real well and you might even hit that 55mph mark and set a few records O.B. was talkin about. :D That center stearing might take some getting used to though???
Buy it, restore it and have a ball with it!!!!!!!!

blownschiada
01-14-2003, 07:56 PM
Acceptance,Yeah I agree the center steering will take some getting used to,but it will also be a good conversation piece while drinking silver bullets in the garage.Hitting 55 is alot to ask for but I am sure I will be able to hit that mark.HAHA! wink
[ January 14, 2003, 07:57 PM: Message edited by: blownschiada ]

Fiat48
01-14-2003, 08:20 PM
Is the boat black? I raced Al Martin in the 80's. I think he had 2 boats during that time. I think his number was 202 but not sure. Anyway he ran 120 mph was about his best. Chrysler injected power. I remember a few of us helping him and he went faster, but then returned to his "ways". I'd be curious if this is one of his boats and I have video's to verify the number, maybe even the boat a little bit. Like to know if he is still alive, he was not a "spring chicken" when we were racing.
[ January 14, 2003, 08:21 PM: Message edited by: Fiat48 ]

blownschiada
01-14-2003, 08:29 PM
Fiat, no the boat is white with some red and orange stripes,it may have been painted.I am trying to arrange to pick it up sat.When I saw it it was about 10 at night but I am pretty sure it was painted.It is all there minus motor.The best part is the price.500 dollars so I bought it as fast as the words came out of his mouth!
[ January 14, 2003, 08:29 PM: Message edited by: blownschiada ]

Fiat48
01-14-2003, 08:48 PM
Sounds like a real deal. I verified Al Martins "Stinger" was boat 202 and was black. And left side T deck as of Chowcilla race July 27& 28th 1985. A cole as I remember.