PDA

View Full Version : how do I get interior clean again?

boats&bars
04-28-2007, 10:25 PM
so I uncover the boat and the Interior is filthy (white ofcourse) and the cabin smells musty what do all of you on the boards use to get your interior clean?
:eek:

finsfan4life
04-28-2007, 10:28 PM
Got to use the Magic Eraser on the seats... AWSOME !!!

talbert450r
04-28-2007, 10:29 PM
Try Boat Bling Vinyl Sauce. Ive tried many products but the one that works the best is the vinyl sauce. You can also try the Mr. Clean Magic Eraser.

boats&bars
04-28-2007, 10:29 PM
Got to use the Magic Eraser on the seats... AWSOME !!!
I got some today, I will try em in the morning.

boats&bars
04-28-2007, 10:32 PM
my engine hatch vinyl is cracked to hell WTF. anyone know a cheap upolstry shop?

wolfie
04-28-2007, 10:37 PM
Tijuana!!! Really cheap.
Although they may all be up here now.

boats&bars
04-28-2007, 10:47 PM
Tijuana!!! Really cheap.
Although they may all be up here now.
My jobsite is in Rancho Mirage I have half of mexico on my site

wolfie
04-28-2007, 10:59 PM
My jobsite is in Rancho Mirage I have half of mexico on my site
Any of them do upholstery???

Chromegorilla
04-29-2007, 04:05 AM
I have to second the magic eraser sentiment. I have been singing their praises for 2 years to my boating friends. Those littles puppies work wonders!

707dog
04-29-2007, 06:02 AM
hit it with some boat bling vinyl sauce...there whole line kickz azz!!!!!

Old school Ultra
04-29-2007, 06:57 AM
Soft scrub and water works great....

LLGirl
04-29-2007, 07:01 AM
Magic eraser takes a little more elbow grease than boat blings vinyl sauce for the really dirty stuff. We used magic eraser on the entire inside of our boat before we found out about vinyl sauce. In my opinion, it will do a little better job of really making the white super clean again. Then put vinyl sauce on it to condition the vinyl and stitching. We use only vinyl sauce now that the uphostery is in good shape. We always keep a bottle of sauce with us, and one new magic eraser with us on the boat. The sauce is easy to use, works great, and removes everything but the stubborn black marks from shoes, etc. Just make sure to condition your uphostery after using the eraser. I found out from an upholsterer that it is hard on the stitching if you don't. The sauce works great for that.
mrll

boats&bars
04-29-2007, 09:34 AM
I tried a small section It looks like Im gonna need some vinyl sauce what does this stuff cost?

LLGirl
04-29-2007, 11:19 AM
boatbling.net
Better order twice as much as you think you will need. You will like it so much you will be using it every time you go out pretty soon. Then you need to try the hot sauce for the exterior. Then probably the transom sauce, then..........May want to order one of their package deals. You won't be disappointed. We don't have any need for the transom sauce for our boat, but always keep at least one spare bottle of hot and vinyl sauce around. Made the mistake of running out of hot sauce once. It sucked. Just left the boat dirty until the next time out with a fresh bottle. That stuff makes you lazy.

Mrs.Racer277
04-29-2007, 11:24 AM
Magic eraser takes a little more elbow grease than boat blings vinyl sauce for the really dirty stuff. We used magic eraser on the entire inside of our boat before we found out about vinyl sauce. In my opinion, it will do a little better job of really making the white super clean again. Then put vinyl sauce on it to condition the vinyl and stitching. We use only vinyl sauce now that the uphostery is in good shape. We always keep a bottle of sauce with us, and one new magic eraser with us on the boat. The sauce is easy to use, works great, and removes everything but the stubborn black marks from shoes, etc. Just make sure to condition your uphostery after using the eraser. I found out from an upholsterer that it is hard on the stitching if you don't. The sauce works great for that.
mrll
I agree the magic eraser rocks. :)
I have found Boat Bling and Frenzy products do the trick.

Havasu1
04-30-2007, 08:02 AM
Is the Magic Eraser made by Mr. Clean? I did a search on the internet and that is what came up? Want to make sure I order the correct thing. Ordering sauce next.

Mr. Crusader 83
04-30-2007, 09:48 AM
Is the Magic Eraser made by Mr. Clean? I did a search on the internet and that is what came up? Want to make sure I order the correct thing. Ordering sauce next.
Thats the stuff.
Spray the boat bling hot sauce on your seats and then rub the seat with the Mr. Clean M.E.

SOCALDETAIL1
04-30-2007, 11:34 AM
50% Simple Green 50% water and a soft nylon brush. It's not rocket science and real cheap.