PDA

View Full Version : Went to tha lake for the frist time this year

I DIG IT !
04-29-2007, 07:32 AM
Well my frist run of the year wasn't so great. I got a new 24 brovo prop to try out and, I loved it. The shitty part about it was that about 1/2 hour it to it , I took off on to plan and it felt like the prop fell off. The boat didn't slam or grind it like spun out. I'm wondering if I broke a shaft in the drive???? How or why??? I have never hit anything and always serviced it every year. When you put the boat in gear you can fell nothing. It dosn't grind and the prop dosn't spin??? Any thoughts?????:mad: :confused:

I DIG IT !
04-29-2007, 07:46 AM
No I could only wish. Its a rubber one but the first thing that i did was take the prop off to check. It felt like I spun the hub. But IT was fine.

I DIG IT !
04-29-2007, 08:00 AM
Yea you can spin it in gear or out of gear. And it spins freely. no grinding or binding. It seam like its a clean shaft break?????? I dont know

I DIG IT !
04-29-2007, 08:27 AM
Thats a good idea. I never thought of that I just went and looked at the shaft and it looks normal but i need two people one to spin the prop and one to look at the shaft at the back of the motor. Nice thought titties and beer. Maby the drive is ok and I have to pull the motor???? I wonder why if thats the problem it broke????

Classic Daycruiser
04-29-2007, 08:52 AM
You could have broken the shift cable? You may think its in gear, but actually it is not. Also check reverse to see if it goes in gear.

I DIG IT !
04-29-2007, 08:57 AM
You cant see the shaft under the drive because the bellow it there but maby if I took one side off. Do you think that if i broke the shift cable it would go to neutral???

deltarat
04-29-2007, 08:58 AM
Drive Coupler??? Start your engine and see if the shaft coming out of the engine is spinning or not.

I DIG IT !
04-29-2007, 09:08 AM
Drive Coupler I have hear that they fail from time to time but I dont get why with only 370 hours. I,m going to pull the boat out today and try some of these thought. thanks every one for the Info I'll keep you posted on the results.

I DIG IT !
04-29-2007, 09:32 AM
I knew that I could get some help around here. I still sucks and sure that it will be expensive. To fix the drive or pull the motor and fix the coupler