PDA

View Full Version : Bad accident on Parker Stip tonight...28 Daytona..

andy01
04-29-2007, 07:26 PM
Boat was hammered in the front. I heard different version of the story so I am sure Boat Cop will help us out tomorrow. It hit the sea wall just north of Fox's, straight over from the northern sand bar. I heard it claimed one life. Not sure, again heard a couple of different versions. Older twin 28 Daytona, about 5 pm. Boat looked like it hit pretty hard, straight on. Our prayers to the people involved.
Andy

revndave
04-29-2007, 07:30 PM
We were having dinner at Fox's when the cops came by and the helicopters flew over.Bad deal.Thoughts and prayers to were involved.

RiverRatMike
04-29-2007, 07:48 PM
saw the helicopters. was wondering what was going on

Boatcop
04-29-2007, 07:52 PM
Latest I have is that there were 2 on board. Male and female, level 1 injuries. Life-flighted to UMC, Vegas.
No word on condition, as of right now. Details are not being released, pending contact with family.
If anyone witnessed this incident, please contact me.

My Man's Sportin' Wood
04-29-2007, 08:03 PM
Sorry to hear that :(

TCHB
04-29-2007, 08:04 PM
We had a good friend who flipped his 25 ft Daytona Cat pretty close to where I think this happend. .

Boatcop
04-29-2007, 08:11 PM
Just got off the phone. Both patients alive, but critical. Not sure of prognosis.
Apparently hit a wake, went airborne, caught one drive (twin engine) on the landing and veered into the sea-wall.

bchbum
04-29-2007, 08:15 PM
Was it twin i o's or outboards ?

blackcloud75
04-29-2007, 08:17 PM
The sea wall?????????Along Rio Lindo Shores????????
Some dicey water throught there at times, especially sinces its a long sweeper of a turn........

TCHB
04-29-2007, 08:20 PM
Up in front of ECHO Lodge.

Trailer Park Casanova
04-29-2007, 08:23 PM
Their used to be a couple small floating docks there if I re-call. I could be mistaken.
They broke loose some years back, floated downriver drifted up to our campsite and were never replaced.
We hope the folks involved a speedy recovery.
Sorry to read of it.

riverbound
04-29-2007, 08:31 PM
That sux to hear :( I was watching them run up river as I was locking down the house. This was right before the accident :(

COWBOY KENNY
04-29-2007, 08:35 PM
I hope they weren't drinking and driving that gives our sport a bad rap.

beaverretriever
04-29-2007, 08:37 PM
I hate hearing this. I hope they are OK. :(
Keep us posted BoatCop.

OverKill
04-29-2007, 08:45 PM
Yes indeed no ALCOHOL involved hopefully. It would definaley give us a bad rap. I am sorry to here this had to go down. My prayers are with all those involved. :( :(

Trailer Park Casanova
04-30-2007, 11:40 AM
Any more word on this accident?
Who was involved and their condition?

SK48
04-30-2007, 11:45 AM
Took a look at the boat this morning. It took a hard hit, about 3 or 4 feet of the right sponson is wiped out. Hope the people are doing better.

Bella
04-30-2007, 11:58 AM
Anyone know who they are? A buddy of mine works at Eliminator and runs a twin O/B Daytona. Hope they are alright no matter who it is!!

mbrown2
04-30-2007, 11:58 AM
Terrible news...and hope they make it....wonder if they were running south or north....knowing that turn just seems like you would have to have something break or have had to made an aggressive manuver to miss something to hit that wall...wonder if they took out any of the docks at Rio Lindo...
Again...terrible news as the river was mostly tame all weekend...as most of the crowd was up in Havasu on Saturday...

riverliver
04-30-2007, 12:22 PM
Terrible news...and hope they make it....wonder if they were running south or north....knowing that turn just seems like you would have to have something break or have had to made an aggressive manuver to miss something to hit that wall...wonder if they took out any of the docks at Rio Lindo...
Again...terrible news as the river was mostly tame all weekend...as most of the crowd was up in Havasu on Saturday...
They miss the docks. it was 100 ft up river from my dock.
Are prayers are with all those involved also.

Parker Dreamin
04-30-2007, 12:56 PM
thoughts and prayers..
STAY STRONG !!!

Boatcop
04-30-2007, 04:28 PM
Parker Pioneer News Release
Boat accident injured two
By John Gutekunst
Monday, April 30, 2007 4:28 PM MST
A boat accident late Sunday afternoon sent two persons to a Las Vegas hospital.
Robert Johnson, 37, Mira Loma, Calif., and Cynthia Sommers, 38, Alta Loma, Calif., suffered serious head injuries when their boat struck a sea wall. As of Monday afternoon, they were both listed in critical condition at University Medical Center in Las Vegas.
The accident occurred at approximately 4:50 p.m. about 10 miles north of Parker on the Colorado River. In a press release, the La Paz County Sheriff's Office said Sommers was driving Johnson's 28-foot Eliminator Daytona catamaran and was heading northbound on the river near Fox's Resort. The boat was equipped with twin 502 cubic inch supercharged engines with an estimated 1,200 combined horsepower.
The release said Sommers lost control and the boat veered sharply into the sea wall at Rio Lindo Shores.
The accident is being investigated by the La Paz County Sheriff's Office Boating Safety Division. Results of blood tests taken at the hospital are pending.

mobldj
04-30-2007, 05:39 PM
to much boat and power for the parker strip,on the lake they may have crapped thier pants but not hit a wall.hope they are ok.

Brian
04-30-2007, 06:19 PM
to much boat and power for the parker strip,on the lake they may have crapped thier pants but not hit a wall.hope they are ok.
Wow, there's a bit of extrapolation for ya...
:rolleyes:

SK48
04-30-2007, 06:21 PM
No photos, didn't think it would be a good thing to do. I'm sure Allen has photos and can post when approprite.

Boatcop
04-30-2007, 06:27 PM
Only pictures I have now are official iinvestigation photos. Not for public release.
Once we're done with the boat and release it to the tow company, I'll take some personal pictures to post.
Let's just say it's now a 24' Cat, rather than a 28.

blackcloud75
05-01-2007, 06:15 AM
They miss the docks. it was 100 ft up river from my dock.
Are prayers are with all those involved also.
In front of the clayton jacobson's pad between rio lindo and sundance, it sound slike.
Hope they are doing better....

shadow
05-01-2007, 06:25 AM
Only pictures I have now are official iinvestigation photos. Not for public release.
Once we're done with the boat and release it to the tow company, I'll take some personal pictures to post.
Let's just say it's now a 24'cat, rather than a 28.
http://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=29024&stc=1&d=1177063088

tntperformance
05-01-2007, 06:49 AM
http://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=29024&stc=1&d=1177063088
What, no beer!:eek:

MBlaster
05-01-2007, 07:14 AM
Sux to hear and I hope all involved will be ok.
The debate over big water boats on the river is fodder for another day.

SCR INC
05-01-2007, 07:20 AM
Took a look at the boat this morning. It took a hard hit, about 3 or 4 feet of the right sponson is wiped out. Hope the people are doing better.
Richard we were down @ Echo most of the day hanging with some friends on the beach... Must of just missed it. Very sad to hear.. Sunday was a beautiful day.
Thanks for Driving the boat Saturday to drop off my friends....
YES YOU CAN HAVE THE RAYSON CRAFT:idea:

SCR INC
05-01-2007, 07:30 AM
GIVE ME A BREAK... IT COULD HAPPEN TO A SEEDO.. HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH POWER... THAT IS NOT A BIG HP CAT. WISH THEM A SPEEDY RECOVERY, IT COULD HAPPEN TO ANY OF US.

Dream Chaser
05-01-2007, 09:05 AM
GIVE ME A BREAK... IT COULD HAPPEN TO A SEEDO.. HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH POWER... THAT IS NOT A BIG HP CAT. WISH THEM A SPEEDY RECOVERY, IT COULD HAPPEN TO ANY OF US.
Wow I thought that was allot of HP, but what do I know; Speedy recovery to all.
"The accident occurred at approximately 4:50 p.m. about 10 miles north of Parker on the Colorado River. In a press release, the La Paz County Sheriff's Office said Sommers was driving Johnson's 28-foot Eliminator Daytona catamaran and was heading northbound on the river near Fox's Resort. The boat was equipped with twin 502 cubic inch supercharged engines with an estimated 1,200 combined horsepower"
"

RiverToysJas
05-01-2007, 09:16 AM
Um........The way boatcop described it, it had everything to do with being an air entrapment hull running twins. Power might not have played into it, but it sounds like it was probably over trimmed. I don't think it could of happened that way to a Sea-doo. Had they had more room to recover, it might not have been an issue, but Parker is not a big place, and I think that's what their point was.
Accidents in general can happen to anyone, and I wish them a speedy recovery also.
RTJas :D

mobldj
05-01-2007, 09:22 AM
imagine a 1200 hp sea doo............

purrfecttremor
05-01-2007, 10:27 AM
:mad: : NO SEA DOOS

Boatcop
05-01-2007, 04:04 PM
Sea Doos had nothing to do with this.
http://www.boatcop.com/elim1.jpg
http://www.boatcop.com/elim2.jpg
http://www.boatcop.com/elim3.jpg
http://www.boatcop.com/elim4.jpg
http://www.boatcop.com/elim5.jpg

Havasu1986
05-01-2007, 04:08 PM
Fiberglass meets concrete. Ouch:(

27 Awesome cat
05-01-2007, 04:11 PM
Wow that sucks..Hope the people are ok..

jrgaudettes
05-01-2007, 04:11 PM
Wow, looks like it hit hard.

slowinhavasu
05-01-2007, 04:12 PM
Any update on the driver and passanger.......

Boatcop
05-01-2007, 04:15 PM
Any update on the driver and passanger.......
Still critical condition. But outlook is better than it was Sunday night.

Phat Matt
05-01-2007, 04:29 PM
[/IMG]
Ouch!
Where did you guys find the trailer? The bottom of the river? ;)

Boatcop
05-01-2007, 04:32 PM
Ouch!
Where did you guys find the trailer? The bottom of the river? ;)
We had no idea where the trailer was at the time, so the tow company provided one. We have since got the right trailer. How to get the boat off this one and on to the correct one is the Tow's problem.

HBjet
05-01-2007, 04:33 PM
That sucks and I hope that are both ok...
HBjet

TRIMMIN
05-01-2007, 05:05 PM
She had a nice boat. I wonder how many times he has driven it?

OCMerrill
05-01-2007, 05:09 PM
One thing I can say for me and probably most of us....
When I see those pictures my heart just skips a beat. :( :( :(
I am glad to here the injured are fighting tough.
We will say a prayer for those folks.

Beer-30
05-01-2007, 05:28 PM
Tough boat. I think it took it pretty well.
Hard to tell, but I would say 26' or so. NOW it's around 24', but I am trying to think if I have ever seen a 24' cat with twins I/Os. Especially with blown big-blocks, that thing would be real ass-heavy. I've seen a 25' Eliminator or two that had twin SMALL-blocks.

Boatcop
05-01-2007, 05:32 PM
Tough boat. I think it took it pretty well.
Hard to tell, but I would say 26' or so. NOW it's around 24', but I am trying to think if I have ever seen a 24' cat with twins I/Os. Especially with blown big-blocks, that thing would be real ass-heavy. I've seen a 25' Eliminator or two that had twin SMALL-blocks.
Daytona 28'.
The impact dislodged the rear bench seat, forcing it up against the front buckets. Separated the cap from the hull about 1/3 way back. Cracked the bellhousing on one of the engines.
Only thing I can say (at this point) is
WEAR YOUR KILL SWITCH LANYARDS, PEOPLE!
They don't call them "lifelines" for nothing.

Beer-30
05-01-2007, 05:42 PM
Daytona 28'.
That's more like it.
From 28' to 24', back to 28'. Isn't it amazing how stories get changed constantly?

boatnam2
05-01-2007, 05:44 PM
Well i hate to say it but the people involed are close freinds of my best buddy,he was even in the boat 2 weeks ago.They are long time parker people and need everyone prayers the picture for one of the people is not good.

RiverRatMike
05-01-2007, 05:47 PM
Sea Doos had nothing to do with this.
http://www.boatcop.com/elim2.jpg
http://www.boatcop.com/elim3.jpg
http://www.boatcop.com/elim4.jpg
http://www.boatcop.com/elim5.jpg
wow, I've seen this boat go by my place many times

Dezertrider
05-01-2007, 05:55 PM
Daytona 28'.
The impact dislodged the rear bench seat, forcing it up against the front buckets. Separated the cap from the hull about 1/3 way back. Cracked the bellhousing on one of the engines.
Only thing I can say (at this point) is
They don't call them "lifelines" for nothing.
I can only imagine what happened now,,,,, This boat biatch will make my captain wear it next time.....

yopengo
05-01-2007, 05:57 PM
One thing I can say for me and probably most of us....
When I see those pictures my heart just skips a beat. :( :( :(
I am glad to here the injured are fighting tough.
We will say a prayer for those folks.
Well put. Amen brother.

Baja Big Dog
05-01-2007, 06:10 PM
Well i hate to say it but the people involed are close freinds of my best buddy,he was even in the boat 2 weeks ago.They are long time parker people and need everyone prayers the picture for one of the people is not good.
Consider it done on this end:(

Summer LuvN
05-01-2007, 06:28 PM
Still critical condition. But outlook is better than it was Sunday night.
What could possibly go so wrong to cause this type of accident. We have a daytona and it makes my heart stop to see and hear about these accidents. We have not owned our boat very long and it is quite different from a v-hull. My hubby assures me the boat is very safe but every year he makes it go faster... :confused:

TCHB
05-01-2007, 06:39 PM
I am not sure why this happens but I do know a good friend of ours flipped his 25 Daytona pretty close to the same spot going under 60 MPH and was killed. Maybe some of the cat guys can get technical how his happens.
I hope they continue to get better.

Summer LuvN
05-01-2007, 06:47 PM
I hope they continue to get better as well. I am just really nervous about these boats flipping and crashing. When we first bought the boat the salesman at eliminator said the boat was very safe @ 100 mph. We had heard of boats flipping and when i asked him about it, he stated it was the HTM's ... design flaw.. I'm not so sure. Maybe there are more accidents than what we know and that is why it is a nightmare to insure them. Is there some technical info we should all know about?? I make the other half turn slowly cuz I freak out turning at high speed....

Havasu1986
05-01-2007, 06:56 PM
[QUOTE=Summer LuvN;2535360]What could possibly go so wrong to cause this type of accident. We have a daytona and it makes my heart stop to see and hear about these accidents.
See post #7:)

Phat Matt
05-01-2007, 06:58 PM
My hand is always on the throttle and I wear it on my wrist. I don't drive without it attached like my seatbelt in my truck. It feels weird without it.

Boatcop
05-01-2007, 06:59 PM
Any time you mix aerodynamics with hydrodynamics there's a new wrinkle thrown into control and drivability. Cat hulls get their speed, not only from less wetted surface and engine power, but also from lift between the sponsons. An unexpected shift in wind direction, wind speed, and even water surface input can upset the hull, unless the driver is on top of the changing conditions.
These boats have a pretty narrow curve as far as speed, power, drive trim, etc. While a V-hull or other mono-hull design will be more forgiving in different conditions, with Cats you have to be on your game constantly. Especially at speed.

Summer LuvN
05-01-2007, 07:08 PM
[QUOTE=Summer LuvN;2535360]What could possibly go so wrong to cause this type of accident. We have a daytona and it makes my heart stop to see and hear about these accidents.
See post #7:)
Hitting a wave seems to be a dangerous action with these boats. Wasn't it a couple of weeks ago one hit a wave and sunk? I would think a boat should be able to hit a wave and continue on..at least so far ours has. Don't get me wrong, I love our boat I no longer have to hold my boobs in rough water. It concerns me the amount of accidents lately. I wish the best for the victims. I make the other half wear the kill switch, life line, whatever that thing is...

TUNNEL T
05-01-2007, 07:13 PM
Any time you mix aerodynamics with hydrodynamics there's a new wrinkle thrown into control and drivability. Cat hulls get their speed, not only from less wetted surface and engine power, but also from lift between the sponsons. An unexpected shift in wind direction, wind speed, and even water surface input can upset the hull, unless the driver is on top of the changing conditions.
These boats have a pretty narrow curve as far as speed, power, drive trim, etc. While a V-hull or other mono-hull design will be more forgiving in different conditions, with Cats you have to be on your game constantly. Especially at speed.
boat cop very well put!
hope everyone comes out well ! prayers to all the families ! TUNNEL T

TCHB
05-01-2007, 07:13 PM
From the people that saw our friends accident (4 years ago) in his 25 Daytona.
1. Made a long seeping turn by Echo Lodge
2. Looked to be going under 60 everthing normal
3. Hooked a edge and flipped sideways
4. Passenger thrown out
5. Driver under boat
Front right sponson damaged
He has a very good driver and had at least 5 years of driving a cat under his belt.

finsfan4life
05-01-2007, 07:29 PM
So are u guys saying Cat hulls are more dangerous than others..??

OCMerrill
05-01-2007, 07:42 PM
Plus the water through that area or curve is always in top shit condition. I grew up on the river every weekend at Echo and to this day this area of water still bugs me. Its very turbulent and can become very rough, very quick.
I am not taking anything away from the two that crashed. The cause could have been many things I suppose.
BC - If they are to be interviewed will it be you to go to Vegas?

Boatcop
05-01-2007, 07:59 PM
BC - If they are to be interviewed will it be you to go to Vegas?
That all depends on their recovery. I'm taking a back seat in this investigation. I'm observing and coaching my guys along, but will leave it to them for the most part. The only way to learn this stuff is to do it. I can send them to the best training available (which I've done), but doing it is the only way to gain proficiency. I won't be here to do this stuff forever.
I'm reviewing all their reports, and will point them in the right direction if I see something differently than they do, or notice something they may have missed. But so far they're doing pretty good. If the victims progress to the point where they can talk about it, I'll send the Officers who are doing the brunt of the work to do any interviews.

slink
05-01-2007, 08:21 PM
That all depends on their recovery. I'm taking a back seat in this investigation. I'm observing and coaching my guys along, but will leave it to them for the most part. The only way to learn this stuff is to do it. I can send them to the best training available (which I've done), but doing it is the only way to gain proficiency. I won't be here to do this stuff forever.
I'm reviewing all their reports, and will point them in the right direction if I see something differently than they do, or notice something they may have missed. But so far they're doing pretty good. If the victims progress to the point where they can talk about it, I'll send the Officers who are doing the brunt of the work to do any interviews.
Since you got promoted to LT are you still in charge of river operations or did you have to give it up? If so, what's your protocol on call outs? I'm sure you get notified of all major boat t/c's, but at what point do you have to roll out? Fatal, near fatal. Sounds like you have a newer crew, and as you know, things can be initially overlooked or missed when you don't have the experience. Just curious

DMOORE
05-01-2007, 10:41 PM
I don't think that thay are more dangerous than a v-hull. There are plenty of V's that are involved in crashes as well. But they do handle different than a V. And there is a learning curve to a cat after coming from a V. My boat for instance, is much more sensative to trim than any V-hull that I have owned in the past.
Darrell.

C-2
05-01-2007, 11:01 PM
Man, it's just scary to hear about stuff like this. I've been really apprehensive about getting my boat back on the water ever since I had a child. She's now four and I wanna get her in the groove, but stuff like this...
I hope these people pull thru and fully recover - HANG IN THERE:(

Classic Daycruiser
05-01-2007, 11:11 PM
life jacket, helmet, and a chute would have been helpful. At what speed is it recommend that you wear a helmet?
1200hp is crazy fast even at 600hp.:idea: :idea:
Wow...there is alot to experience to walk away with from this thread. Hope it all turns out ok them.

2forcefull
05-02-2007, 02:09 AM
This right hear is the reason I opt'd to sell my 800 hp canopy'd cat.
ruff water was sure to blame, In a canopy'd boat you can't read the water,
big rollers or small they look the same. I know that this wasn't a canopy cat
but still i'm betting rollers were to blame. I got in to more harry situations in the short time owning that boat than all my years boating [ about 40 yrs ]
cats under thirty foot are very critical to trim,speed and water conditions,
now add poor vision, alchol, or crowded conditions and you have all the ingredients for an accident,
Yes I'm a pussy and got a slower smaller boat, but we tend to be out on
busy weekends, and two things that don't mix well, cats and rollers!!!!
so here's my Grand pa advice SLOW THE FOC DOWN, THERE'S KIDS PLAY'N HERE!!!

Jbb
05-02-2007, 04:00 AM
Wishing a speedy recovery for the two on board....

Boatcop
05-02-2007, 05:38 AM
Since you got promoted to LT are you still in charge of river operations or did you have to give it up? If so, what's your protocol on call outs? I'm sure you get notified of all major boat t/c's, but at what point do you have to roll out? Fatal, near fatal. Sounds like you have a newer crew, and as you know, things can be initially overlooked or missed when you don't have the experience. Just curious
My primary duty is still running the Boating Division. I've also been given all the School Resource Programs. Standing Orders are that I get notified immediately of any serious injury or fatal boat accident. Whether I decide to come out depends on the complexity of the incident. Something like this, although tragic, is fairly straightforward. Single boat, numerous witnesses, static, well defined crash site, etc. Not much to do on scene, except to treat the injured and secure the scene. 2 of my Officers and a Road Deputy were there almost immediately.
Most of the investigation on this one consists of interviewing witnesses and measuring and examining the boat. Most of that is done after the fact, so even a fairly inexperienced investigator can handle the scene.
I taught all my guys in the basics of accident investigation, and have sent them to the Advanced Accident Investigation courses, so I'm fairly confident in their abilities. I'll oversee what they're doing, but leave them to do their thing.

Mrs. Bordsmnj
05-02-2007, 06:27 AM
:( My thoughts and prayers are with them. I wish them a speedy recovery.
That section of the river always makes me nervous. Its always a washing machine of wakes and boats.

BOOTIES22
05-02-2007, 09:54 PM
Family - both are recovering and improving daily. They are both in an induced coma and still on life support. Female is having surgery tomorrow for broken jaw. They will be putting in a trach on her as well. Docs are optimistic they will both recover with minimal long term damages. She may have lost use of her right eye. They may begin to try and wake them beginning tomorrow. Thanks for all your thoughts and prayers.

boatnam2
05-02-2007, 10:03 PM
that is good news...wish them the best,thanks for the update.

DMOORE
05-02-2007, 10:05 PM
My very best of wishes to both of them, and thier families.
Darrell.

mbrown2
05-02-2007, 10:06 PM
Well that is good news....wish them well.

Trailer Park Casanova
05-02-2007, 10:11 PM
:( My thoughts and prayers are with them. I wish them a speedy recovery.
That section of the river always makes me nervous. Its always a washing machine of wakes and boats.
Bad spot to pull a skier or wakeboarder through, if they fall they really get way from you fast.
We turn beforehand and head back with kids in tow.
Good to read they'll pull through.

Throttle
05-02-2007, 10:27 PM
continued thoughts and prayers...

Kilrtoy
05-02-2007, 10:51 PM
I've also been given all the School Resource Programs..
KIN-DER-GAR-TEN COP:D

Sanger D
05-02-2007, 10:54 PM
:rolleyes: sounds like this was were Waynes kids were killed. people with these big boats need to slow your ass down!!!!!bet they wish they had jackets and helmets on now!!!!! If your running those turds more than 70 mph ,you better be gearing up!!!!....................OH ya!!! your too cool and in too much control to be embarressed by wearing that stuff huh!!!these stories of freinds almost and dying are getting old:rolleyes: .I dont know anyone with a 80plus mph flatty, jet or hydro that doesnt gear up when running fast,its always the big boats, You need to watch some off shore racing and take a look at the size of those courses and educate yourselves!!! and put your f@#!$king beer down when you boat!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.:mad: Its too bad about those two,what their familys have to go through because of ignorance and not knowing conditions and speed and the like.........I sure hope they werent drinking!!!if so, ALLEN BETTER THROW THE BOOK AT EM!!!!!!!!!,,,,,,lucky they didnt hurt ,or worse kill someone else.28ft with twin blown chevys:eek: :eek: .....take em to the OCEAN and LAKES where they BELONG!!!

revndave
05-02-2007, 11:01 PM
We were staying at Fox's that weekend.That boat was hauling ass all weekend.I had made remarks to my wife about how many times it passed Fox's.Boat was always coming or going.I thought is was doing laps.

shueman
05-03-2007, 03:00 AM
:rolleyes: sounds like this was were Waynes kids were killed. people with these big boats need to slow your ass down!!!!!bet they wish they had jackets and helmets on now!!!!! If your running those turds more than 70 mph ,you better be gearing up!!!!....................OH ya!!! your too cool and in too much control to be embarressed by wearing that stuff huh!!!these stories of freinds almost and dying are getting old:rolleyes: .I dont know anyone with a 80plus mph flatty, jet or hydro that doesnt gear up when running fast,its always the big boats, You need to watch some off shore racing and take a look at the size of those courses and educate yourselves!!! and put your f@#!$king beer down when you boat!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.:mad: Its too bad about those two,what their familys have to go through because of ignorance and not knowing conditions and speed and the like.........I sure hope they werent drinking!!!if so, ALLEN BETTER THROW THE BOOK AT EM!!!!!!!!!,,,,,,lucky they didnt hurt ,or worse kill someone else.28ft with twin blown chevys:eek: :eek: .....take em to the OCEAN and LAKES where they BELONG!!!
+1....the boats and much bigger and faster, but the river isn't any wider...:)

edog_103
05-03-2007, 08:24 AM
First off. I'll agree, these boats are too much for the river, but let me ask you this. Where you there? Did you witness the crash? Where you able to clock the boats speed, before it hooked and hit the wall? Do you have a weather machine to know how fast the wind was blowing through that area if at all? Do you have the ability to measure current or undertow in that area? I personally know these people, and the people of the other two boats that are mutual friends, and were following them at the time. So before you go spouting your mouth off about how cool people think they are, get all the facts first about boat speed and so on. I think it's an unfortunate accident, and I wish them the best. I thinks it's amazing they are pulling through as well as they are. Maybe we need to take a minute and thank the emergency medical staff and the medics that continued to work on them, until they arrived at the hospital. Save the know it all lecture for another day.

edog_103
05-03-2007, 08:26 AM
First off. I'll agree, these boats are too much for the river, but let me ask you this. Where you there? Did you witness the crash? Where you able to clock the boats speed, before it hooked and hit the wall? Do you have a weather machine to know how fast the wind was blowing through that area if at all? Do you have the ability to measure current or undertow in that area? I personally know these people, and the people of the other two boats that are mutual friends, and were following them at the time. So before you go spouting your mouth off about how cool people think they are, get all the facts first about boat speed and so on. I think it's an unfortunate accident, and I wish them the best. I thinks it's amazing they are pulling through as well as they are. Maybe we need to take a minute and thank the emergency medical staff and the medics that continued to work on them, until they arrived at the hospital. Save the know it all lecture for another day.

Do F150's Float?
05-03-2007, 08:37 AM
Thoughts and prayers go out to those involved. They will get the best care possible at UMC. :(
Different part of the river.. but this whole thing hits way too close to home :(

Mrs. Bordsmnj
05-03-2007, 08:46 AM
Thoughts and prayers go out to those involved. They will get the best care possible at UMC. :(
Different part of the river.. but this whole thing hits way too close to home :(
Some very scary similiarities to your accident huh? :(

Do F150's Float?
05-03-2007, 08:51 AM
Some very scary similiarities to your accident huh? :(
Um yeah, especially with the eye thing... anyhow... I wish them both nothing but the best recovery possible. Love & support from friends and family works miracles. :)

andy01
05-03-2007, 09:47 AM
First of all I had no idea there were so many pros here on Hot Boat. All of you that posted other then BOAT COP that have owned a cat post "I" . There are some very unlodgeable post in this thread.
It isn't that narrow, most cats will tell you when you are on the edge. Your sentence above says it all "You have to be on your game constantly" I would just like to add to that "You have to be on your game constantly if you are driving the boat to the edge". If driving normal they are no different then anything else.
From the people that saw our friends accident (4 years ago) in his 25 Daytona.
Looked to be going under 60
There in lies the problem, most of the mid size cats don't turn to the "inside" until over 60-65 mph depending on water.
NO Drivers are. If a driver gets in a cat they think because the boat is faster then a v it should be driven faster then a v. I have seen some people make some mistakes in cats, including myself and walk away. Learn your boat the full potential, talk to your builder. You will be safe as long as you drive the boat inside of its means. You don't get in a mini van and run the baja 1000, you don't get in step bottom v bottoms and rip corners in rough water either.
This right hear is the reason I opt'd to sell my 800 hp canopy'd cat.
ruff water was sure to blame, In a canopy'd boat you can't read the water,
big rollers or small they look the same. I know that this wasn't a canopy cat
but still i'm betting rollers were to blame. I got in to more harry situations in the short time owning that boat than all my years boating [ about 40 yrs ]
cats under thirty foot are very critical to trim,speed and water conditions,
now add poor vision, alchol, or crowded conditions and you have all the ingredients for an accident,
Yes I'm a pussy and got a slower smaller boat, but we tend to be out on
busy weekends, and two things that don't mix well, cats and rollers!!!!
so here's my Grand pa advice SLOW THE FOC DOWN, THERE'S KIDS PLAY'N HERE!!!
How long did you own your boat? If you learned how to drive it none of the above would have been a issue. I have driven cats with canopys to speeds well in the mid 100's (152) and could read the water just fine. I ran my 26' back from the float deal on Havasu Saturday at 11-12 with all of the boat traffic going no slower then 70. Not a v or cat that passed me. I was reading the water and picking my line. Again if you really take the time to learn your boat and talk to the builder/other owners you will be fine. I drive my cats to the conditions around me. Slow down when you need to, speed isn't always the problem.
Save the know it all lecture for another day.
Well said!
Andy

Baja Big Dog
05-03-2007, 09:48 AM
Couldnt agree more....how many of us with boats that run 80 plus even have a helmet on the boat? Not me or anyone I know. Hindsight is still 20/20.
I can only wish them the best and a speedy recovery, Ill leave the second guessing to experts!!!!

Big Block
05-03-2007, 10:03 AM
Prayers to all involved.
Greg

Sanger D
05-03-2007, 10:13 AM
First off. I'll agree, these boats are too much for the river, but let me ask you this. Where you there? Did you witness the crash? Where you able to clock the boats speed, before it hooked and hit the wall? Do you have a weather machine to know how fast the wind was blowing through that area if at all? Do you have the ability to measure current or undertow in that area? I personally know these people, and the people of the other two boats that are mutual friends, and were following them at the time. So before you go spouting your mouth off about how cool people think they are, get all the facts first about boat speed and so on. I think it's an unfortunate accident, and I wish them the best. I thinks it's amazing they are pulling through as well as they are. Maybe we need to take a minute and thank the emergency medical staff and the medics that continued to work on them, until they arrived at the hospital. Save the know it all lecture for another day............................................... .................................................. .I am truely sorry for your freinds, its unfortunate,BUT, its the drivers own fault and there is NO WAY you can argue or convince ANYONE that a 28 ft boat HOOKS into a wall and gets that kind of damage without speed being a factor!!!NO WAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!you cannot tell me that boat could NOT walk over 3 to 4 ft rollers at a LOW to MILD speed, the driver took a uneducated and careless risk and THATS why they are in the hospital!!!!if you are going to drive like that then you better gear up,if water conditions are that bad ,then you better gear up!!!!and I DO know what I,m talking about,I see SO MANY of those boats with a fuul passenger load doing 90 plus mph and they've got the headsets on like their all prof. and such but no jackets and helmets!!!!!you get whats comming if you do not at least try to protect yourself,those boats are too big for speeds on the river ANYWAYS!!!

Sanger D
05-03-2007, 10:20 AM
[QUOTE=revndave;2537467]We were staying at Fox's that weekend.That boat was hauling ass all weekend.I had made remarks to my wife about how many times it passed Fox's.Boat was always coming or going.I thought is was doing laps.[/QUOTE............................................. .................................................. ..sounds like I called there!!!!!! Allen ,why don't you grace us with your expert OPINION on how this accident occurred.Please tell me speed and bad judgement was NOT a factor here!!!!!!.

Sanger D
05-03-2007, 10:27 AM
First of all I had no idea there were so many pros here on Hot Boat. All of you that posted other then BOAT COP that have owned a cat post "I" . There are some very unlodgeable post in this thread.
It isn't that narrow, most cats will tell you when you are on the edge. Your sentence above says it all "You have to be on your game constantly" I would just like to add to that "You have to be on your game constantly if you are driving the boat to the edge". If driving normal they are no different then anything else.
There in lies the problem, most of the mid size cats don't turn to the "inside" until over 60-65 mph depending on water.
NO Drivers are. If a driver gets in a cat they think because the boat is faster then a v it should be driven faster then a v. I have seen some people make some mistakes in cats, including myself and walk away. Learn your boat the full potential, talk to your builder. You will be safe as long as you drive the boat inside of its means. You don't get in a mini van and run the baja 1000, you don't get in step bottom v bottoms and rip corners in rough water either.
How long did you own your boat? If you learned how to drive it none of the above would have been a issue. I have driven cats with canopys to speeds well in the mid 100's (152) and could read the water just fine. I ran my 26' back from the float deal on Havasu Saturday at 11-12 with all of the boat traffic going no slower then 70. Not a v or cat that passed me. I was reading the water and picking my line. Again if you really take the time to learn your boat and talk to the builder/other owners you will be fine. I drive my cats to the conditions around me. Slow down when you need to, speed isn't always the problem.
Well said!
Andy........Save for another day,........hipocryt, look whos talking:rolleyes:

cityslave906
05-03-2007, 10:27 AM
I just want to say that I'm relieved that both of them survived. I wish them both a speedy recovery.

DMOORE
05-03-2007, 10:29 AM
I disagree that a 28ft boat is too big for the river. I'm on the river all the time along with tons of 28ft deck boats. I have never run into problems. But that is because I use good judgement. There is no problem doing a high speed run mid week or first thing in the morning when no one is out. Once again "judgement". I have seen all sorts of people make mistakes in boats ranging from jet-skis on up.Boat size isn't the problem, decision making is. The second thing, is that mistakes happen. No one is perfect, and right now I would rather not point fingers at these people who are fighting for thier lives. They will be reminded, for the rest of thier lives of the decisions they made. I just wish them both well and a speedy recovery.
Darrell.

edog_103
05-03-2007, 10:30 AM
.................................................. ...............................................I am truely sorry for your freinds, its unfortunate,BUT, its the drivers own fault and there is NO WAY you can argue or convince ANYONE that a 28 ft boat HOOKS into a wall and gets that kind of damage without speed being a factor!!!NO WAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!you cannot tell me that boat could NOT walk over 3 to 4 ft rollers at a LOW to MILD speed, the driver took a uneducated and careless risk and THATS why they are in the hospital!!!!if you are going to drive like that then you better gear up,if water conditions are that bad ,then you better gear up!!!!and I DO know what I,m talking about,I see SO MANY of those boats with a fuul passenger load doing 90 plus mph and they've got the headsets on like their all prof. and such but no jackets and helmets!!!!!you get whats comming if you do not at least try to protect yourself,those boats are too big for speeds on the river ANYWAYS!!!
So what your saying is if they were traveling 50-60 mph with twin motors and a drive locked up or a motor quit everything would be fine and the boat would go straight and come to a complete and safe stop. I think not!!! Or if they were cruising over the aledged 3-4' rollers and hooked a sponson it would blast straight through without missing a beat.

Boatcop
05-03-2007, 10:43 AM
Allen ,why don't you grace us with your expert OPINION on how this accident occurred.Please tell me speed and bad judgement was NOT a factor here!!!!!!.
I can't give an OPINION until I have all the facts. There's lots of info still to be had. Part of being an "expert" is not to speculate on causes without all of the factual information in front of me.
"What" happened is the easy part. "Why" it happened is a little more complicated.
These things take time.

Sanger D
05-03-2007, 10:55 AM
I disagree that a 28ft boat is too big for the river. I'm on the river all the time along with tons of 28ft deck boats. I have never run into problems. But that is because I use good judgement. There is no problem doing a high speed run mid week or first thing in the morning when no one is out. Once again "judgement". I have seen all sorts of people make mistakes in boats ranging from jet-skis on up.Boat size isn't the problem, decision making is. The second thing, is that mistakes happen. No one is perfect, and right now I would rather not point fingers at these people who are fighting for thier lives. They will be reminded, for the rest of thier lives of the decisions they made. I just wish them both well and a speedy recovery.
Darrell.....Well that size boat does not turn on the river at ALL and it takes a pretty long time to stop one at speeds,but yes ,it is ALL about smarts and judgement calls.just because its a big ,fast cadillac doesnt mean it aint dangerous.

nodigg
05-03-2007, 11:05 AM
Driver error, boat failure, poor conditions, bad water, fluke, mechanical failure,
drugs, alchohol, sex , too much speed, too much power, inexperience, avoiding an unforseen obstacle or just a FREEKIN BAD LUCK DEAL! Its so good to hear they are doing better. Best wishes for a speedy and full recovery for injuries sustained while trying to enjoy life. And thank goodness no one else? was hurt in the crash.

HefeRaton
05-03-2007, 11:07 AM
Darrell.
Very well said! I hope they recover quickly and are able to put this behind them at some point. Thoughts and prayers!

seanv
05-03-2007, 12:32 PM
I can't give an OPINION until I have all the facts. There's lots of info still to be had. Part of being an "expert" is not to speculate on causes without all of the factual information in front of me.
"What" happened is the easy part. "Why" it happened is a little more complicated.
These things take time.
thank you for that allen! the know it alls can guess all they want. myself, i wish all in volved the very best recovery. as for the accident i will wait for the pros to let me know what happened.
as for cat hulls goes.... i have been in the 28 eliminator. ive owned a 25 eliminator that ran 118mph. was it safe? hell is walking down the road safe?! i feel eliminator as well as other company's build fine boats that handle speeds very well. if you take time to learn how to drive them they can be alot of fun. as is with any high performance hobby. just my opinion.

Ike
05-03-2007, 02:13 PM
What a mess!
Good answer Boat Cop. Don't speculate. I lost count years ago of how many times I was asked to speculate on the cause of an accident and had to say no comment.
I hope they are doing well and recover quickly
This is just another reason I retired. I got really sick of looking at horrible accidents, year after year!. Even after many years it still makes me sick when this happens. However, keep up the good work and fewer people will have accidents.
congrats on you're promotion.

DAVEO
05-03-2007, 04:22 PM
Darrell.
Hay Darrell I cant agree more.

DAVEO
05-03-2007, 04:24 PM
....Well that size boat does not turn on the river at ALL and it takes a pretty long time to stop one at speeds,but yes ,it is ALL about smarts and judgement calls.just because its a big ,fast cadillac doesnt mean it aint dangerous.
No one ever said they were not dangerous. Anything running 60+ mph is dangerous. Car,truck,bike,boat. Nothing excluded..
Good judgement and saftey is the key. Accedents happen just remember saftey first..
Now lets all be safe out there. We do not need anymore of these threads..

dirtracer
05-03-2007, 04:41 PM
I just got this message on myspace about the girl on the boat...
"She's doing better everyday, but no where outta the woods yet. She has internal brain injuries and initially they were thinkin' she wasn't gonna make it. With all of the prayers and her fight to live, I believe it's nothing short of a miracle. On Tuesday she had some involuntary movement of her legs, so they decided to take her into surgery to remove 2 blood clots and place a tube for drainage. Since then, she has moved her arms AND legs and the doctors decided yesterday to slowly bring her out of the induced comma, to see how she does. I just got word today they are taking her in for surgery again, but don't have all the details yet. She has a long road ahead of her, she may have lost vision in one of her eyes, along with other broken ribs and possible injury to her liver. She and her boyfriend Rob are fighters and all of our prayers, I believe are being heard."
my prayers are with them.....

edog_103
05-03-2007, 04:57 PM
I heard the same thing. I also heard she is going back into surgery to have jaw fixed.

topless
05-03-2007, 05:22 PM
If Nan can do it anyone can. They are most definity in my prayers. The power of prayer is beyond words.

Propster
05-03-2007, 09:41 PM
Boat accident injured two
By John Gutekunst
Monday, April 30, 2007 4:28 PM MST
A boat accident late Sunday afternoon sent two persons to a Las Vegas hospital.
Robert Johnson, 37, Mira Loma, Calif., and Cynthia Sommers, 38, Alta Loma, Calif., suffered serious head injuries when their boat struck a sea wall.
The accident occurred at approximately 4:50 p.m. about 10 miles north of Parker on the Colorado River. In a press release, the La Paz County Sheriff's Office said Sommers was driving Johnson's 28-foot Eliminator Daytona catamaran and was heading northbound on the river near Fox's Resort.
According to the police report, his girlfriend was driving when the accident occurred. He was probably teaching his girlfriend how to drive the boat and something unexpected happened. Not sure how fast she would have been driving her boyfriends boat. I know it is hard for me to get my girlfriend to go over 40 mph while driving my boat.

Rio Chick
05-07-2007, 01:41 PM
According to the police report, his girlfriend was driving when the accident occurred. He was probably teaching his girlfriend how to drive the boat and something unexpected happened. Not sure how fast she would have been driving her boyfriends boat. I know it is hard for me to get my girlfriend to go over 40 mph while driving my boat.
no.... He was not teaching her how to drive the boat. She has been going to the river for over 20yrs and grew up with boats.THIS WAS A BAD ACCIDENT! She is a friend of mine and is FIGHTING for her life,so is he. Could you please
stop all the talk about how these boats do not belong on the river or were they driving to fast.ect..ect.. This does not matter right now, THEY DO!!
SHE IS A FIGHTER!!! I LOVE YOU CINDY!!!

Blown 22 Daytona
05-07-2007, 10:12 PM
I heard they just opened thier eyes. They are recognizing people but dont remember the accident. I'm hoping the best for them. We'll be at the hospital this weekend to check on them again.

Phat Matt
05-07-2007, 10:52 PM
I heard they just opened thier eyes. They are recognizing people but dont remember the accident. I'm hoping the best for them. We'll be at the hospital this weekend to check on them again.
Wow. That is good news. I hope they each have a full recovery.

C-2
05-07-2007, 11:25 PM
Be sure to tell them there's a whole lotta good people they don't even know pulling for them :)

shueman
05-08-2007, 01:59 AM
Be sure to tell them there's a whole lotta good people they don't even know pulling for them :)
Indeed...speedy recovery. :cool:

Rio Chick
05-08-2007, 06:27 AM
THANKS!!!!That means alot to there friends and family.

Water Romper
05-08-2007, 07:06 AM
Big boats, small boats, fast boats, slow boats...an accident can happen in a split second. As a long time boater that has been in two wrecks, I can tell you the long term effects of an accident will linger on for years, both mentally and physically. When the time is right, I am sure we will get the CORRECT circumstance to this accident, and hope we can learn from it regardless what the outcome is.
As for these two unfortunate members of the boating community, I can only hope and pray they pull through this horrible time in their life. Every time ANY OF US take our water craft on the water there is ALWAYS a risk of an accident. I do not know the two individuals that this thread is about however I know every year, in this forum, there will be more threads with the same unfortunate contentÂ…once again, many thoughts to all our fellow boaters when thinks go wrong.

Blown 22 Daytona
05-09-2007, 07:44 PM
So Robert wakes up today after a week long coma and askes for a cup of coffee, hahaha! He doesnt remember anything. No accident, no trip to Parker, nothing. He was briefed in about being in a bad boat accident and almost died. He thought it was a joke. So he asked where the boat was. He was told a tow yard. He wondered why it was there and not in his backyard where it should be. He was then told not to worry about the boat. He had his first meal today. He says he doesnt want anymore fast boats. lol...As for Cindy, she was airlifted last night to Kaiser Fontana, CA. She will continue her recovery there. Her eye is getting better. She is awake but still in a daze. Doesnt remember much either. Her surgeries went well. This is all amazing to me. Im hoping they will both be back at home soon.

Havasu1986
05-09-2007, 07:52 PM
Thanks for the update B22:)

duner21
05-09-2007, 07:56 PM
That is fantastic news!

Daytona100
05-09-2007, 07:59 PM
So Robert wakes up today after a week long coma and askes for a cup of coffee, hahaha! He doesnt remember anything. No accident, no trip to Parker, nothing. He was briefed in about being in a bad boat accident and almost died. He thought it was a joke. So he asked where the boat was. He was told a tow yard. He wondered why it was there and not in his backyard where it should be. He was then told not to worry about the boat. He had his first meal today. He says he doesnt want anymore fast boats. lol...As for Cindy, she was airlifted last night to Kaiser Fontana, CA. She will continue her recovery there. Her eye is getting better. She is awake but still in a daze. Doesnt remember much either. Her surgeries went well. This is all amazing to me. Im hoping they will both be back at home soon.
Great news.:D

Huckleberry
05-09-2007, 08:35 PM
Great news on their recoveries! Tell them they are in our prayers and keep the updates comming! ;)

edog_103
05-09-2007, 08:37 PM
Nice. Some good news.

nodigg
05-10-2007, 07:11 AM
Good news! Great way to start the day. Hope both continue to do well.

Mrs. Bordsmnj
05-10-2007, 07:20 AM
Wonderful news!
:D

Trailer Park Casanova
05-10-2007, 07:47 AM
Good to read.
Good news for sure.

topless
05-10-2007, 08:19 AM
This is a great way to start my Thurday. Thanks for the update.

Do F150's Float?
05-10-2007, 08:24 AM
So glad to hear this!!!
And that she didn't end up in Kindred in Santa Ana :(
More prayers their way for a speedy recovery!!! :)

HefeRaton
05-10-2007, 08:24 AM
That's great news! I wish them well and a full recovery.

edog_103
05-10-2007, 12:21 PM
A little bit of an update.
I just got off the phone with Linda Johnson, Rob's mom. Unfortunately Rob does not have medical insurance. Instead of sitting on my A** I decided to post the information for his recovery fund, to help him and the family.
If you would like to donate, Please make the check out to Mike Johnson or Linda Johnson and send it to:
First Bank
11010 Limonite Ave
Mira Loma, Ca. 91752
In the memo section should read "For the recovery of Robert Johnson"

RiverDave
05-10-2007, 12:39 PM
Would his boat insurance help to cover the medical bills?
RD

edog_103
05-10-2007, 01:00 PM
RD
Not sure yet. If so I think it will come up short.

Do F150's Float?
05-10-2007, 01:25 PM
Not sure yet. If so I think it will come up short.
Likely very short :(
I racked up over $1Mil... thank god for blue cross... :eek:
I will forward this on to people i know to help. We are going out to UMC this coming up wednesday for the trauma survivor's reunion... They are truely miracle workers there.

seanv
05-10-2007, 02:11 PM
this is great news thus far! once again im wishing both parties a speedy and full recovery.

Parker Dreamin
05-10-2007, 04:26 PM
stay strong and great news.

Chipster27
05-10-2007, 04:45 PM
Great news I wish them the best.
Scary to think how fast things can happen at speed...any speed. I've seen some crazy stuff happen at speeds less than 20.

2forcefull
05-11-2007, 10:37 AM
just got back from the hospital, looks like rob is going home today.
his parents are on the way to get him.I didn't talk to him much about the
accident as I went there to see if There was anything i could do for him while he was in vegas, must have suck'd big time to be in a hospital out of
town.

Cole Trickle
05-11-2007, 12:11 PM
RD
Auto/Home and boat policies usually cap out medical around $5,000
If she wasn't an owner maybe she can claim off his liability portion of his policy. You can't be liable to yourself so other than med pay he is gonna be holding a huge bill.
Glad to hear everything is turning positive!!:)

Cole Trickle
05-11-2007, 12:12 PM
Likely very short :(
I racked up over $1Mil... thank god for blue cross... :eek:
I will forward this on to people i know to help. We are going out to UMC this coming up wednesday for the trauma survivor's reunion... They are truely miracle workers there.
So when someone says you look like a million bucks it's no BS!!!!:D:D:D

Do F150's Float?
05-11-2007, 12:41 PM
Auto/Home and boat policies usually cap out medical around $5,000
Yep... this is true.
So when someone says you look like a million bucks it's no BS!!!!:D:D:D
LOL yeah... im the million dollar nan... we can rebuild her! Better..stronger... skinnier. LOL
So glad to hear he is going home! Yay! Any updates on the woman?

That Guy
05-11-2007, 01:23 PM
Don't know either one of them but wish them continued success with their recoveries and we will also keep them in our thoughts....:)

seanv
05-11-2007, 01:30 PM
lolololol :D :D
LOL yeah... im the million dollar nan... we can rebuild her! Better..stronger... skinnier. LOL
love that one! you've got an awesome attitude nan! i hope both these people pull thru this like you have! great to hear one is on the way home.

Do F150's Float?
05-11-2007, 01:53 PM
lolololol :D :D
love that one! you've got an awesome attitude nan! i hope both these people pull thru this like you have! great to hear one is on the way home.
Thanks! :D The one thing to remember... and it gets hard, is that you have a choice: move on, go forward & get better, or stay stuck... i think the mental aspect of healing is just as important as the physical. More thoughts & prayers to them for a speedy recovery!

seanv
05-11-2007, 01:58 PM
i hear ya. i never had a super serious injury like you folks but did spend my fair share of time in e.r.'s and o.r.'s and yes, laughter makes getting over things much easier.

Blown 22 Daytona
05-12-2007, 07:14 PM
We just got home from Vegas. Robert went home this morning. They suggested Rehab but he wanted the heck out of there. He has difficulty walking. He loses his balance easy. He must be supported up or he falls. He is doing much better though. He seems a little different now. Will take some time to get his stregth back. I will be showing him this forum when he's able to get back to his computer. I'm sure he will be thankful to have so much support from everyone on here. I dont have any updated info on Cindy yet. I plan to see her soon. Maybe someone else has though...

Parker Dreamin
05-12-2007, 07:20 PM
We just got home from Vegas. Robert went home this morning. They suggested Rehab but he wanted the heck out of there. He has difficulty walking. He loses his balance easy. He must be supported up or he falls. He is doing much better though. He seems a little different now. Will take some time to get his stregth back. I will be showing him this forum when he's able to get back to his computer. I'm sure he will be thankful to have so much support from everyone on here. I dont have any updated info on Cindy yet. I plan to see her soon. Maybe someone else has though...
that is just more great news.. awesome

THEPISTONHEAD
05-13-2007, 06:55 AM
Truly just an unfortunate accident that could have happened to any of us..........My sincerest wishes and prayers go out to them for a speedy recovery. Glad they are still with us.
Jason

2forcefull
05-13-2007, 08:18 PM
that hospital sucks, it's more of a jail!!! the whole time i was in his room he was try'n to get a nurse to come, no one ever came,
any way glad to see he escaped from there!!!!

MR.rvrluvr
05-13-2007, 09:15 PM
Glad to hear the good news.....:) :)
SANGER D you are a real grade A, class one AZZHOLE.....You really need to grow up......There is a time and place for everything and this was not it...F U

rvr_d8
05-13-2007, 09:52 PM
no.... He was not teaching her how to drive the boat. She has been going to the river for over 20yrs and grew up with boats.THIS WAS A BAD ACCIDENT! She is a friend of mine and is FIGHTING for her life,so is he. Could you please
stop all the talk about how these boats do not belong on the river or were they driving to fast.ect..ect.. This does not matter right now, THEY DO!!
SHE IS A FIGHTER!!! I LOVE YOU CINDY!!!
I very much agree with you!! I was getting tensed just reading all the arguing. Though it is healthy and necessary to trouble shoot as a group with common interests.....but settle down peeps.....focus on the recovery of 2 very hurting people.
In the mean time everybody just slow down, be careful and wait for the Facts & report (liking the calm way boatcop put it) and pray for the recovery of the 2 that were injured!!
Speedy recovery guys

2forcefull
05-14-2007, 06:00 AM
I heard at lake mead yesterday that there was a third guy that got ejected out of the boat, how he doing ?

Boatcop
05-14-2007, 11:10 AM
I heard at lake mead yesterday that there was a third guy that got ejected out of the boat, how he doing ?
No 3rd person on board.

seanv
05-14-2007, 12:42 PM
1 out of the hospital and hopefully the other will soon follow! great news

CarBizIndio
05-14-2007, 01:47 PM
Is the boat forsale? Was it paid off? Email me at TripyRaver@aol.com if I can help.

Rio Chick
05-19-2007, 01:40 PM
1 out of the hospital and hopefully the other will soon follow! great news
We just came from the hospital. They are moving her(cindy) to another hospital today. While we were there I asked her to squeeze my had if she remembers us, she did and with a smile. She still has a long, long road ahead of her., so PLEASE keep the thoughts and prayers coming.
LUV YA CINDY!

Havasu1986
05-19-2007, 01:45 PM
Thanks for the update Rio Chick:)

MRS FLYIN VEE
05-19-2007, 02:44 PM
We just came from the hospital. They are moving her(cindy) to another hospital today. While we were there I asked her to squeeze my had if she remembers us, she did and with a smile. She still has a long, long road ahead of her., so PLEASE keep the thoughts and prayers coming.
LUV YA CINDY!
wow.. That is awesome news..
Thoughts and Prayers still coming their way.:)

Troy McClure
05-19-2007, 03:22 PM
Is the boat forsale? Was it paid off? Email me at TripyRaver@aol.com if I can help.
NICE Ambulance chasing. Can't you at least wait until they're out of the hospital? What an a-hole. :mad:

Mohave Vice
05-19-2007, 05:14 PM
This is prolly the same gentleman that was seeking pics of the accident. Great first post ......

MR FLYIN VEE
05-20-2007, 06:36 AM
WHAT A DICKHEAD:devil: :devil: :devil:

RiverToysJas
05-20-2007, 06:47 AM
NICE Ambulance chasing. Can't you at least wait until they're out of the hospital? What an a-hole. :mad:
:confused: I thought it was posted just above that the owner of the boat (the guy) was out of the Hospital.
"1 out of the hospital and hopefully the other will soon follow!"
At what point does life move on? I assume he's got bills to pay, esp w/o medical insurance (for all we know he might not have boat insurance). Why is it such a problem that someone is looking to help by taking the boat off his hands? Even if it's a mutually beneficial solution, I don't see the terrible issue that's causing you all to jump on this person. Maybe I'm missing something, it is early in the morning...... :confused:
RTJas

purrfecttremor
05-20-2007, 07:21 AM
I do believe your missing something! :idea:

Troy McClure
05-20-2007, 08:39 AM
LUV YA CINDY!
:confused: I thought it was posted just above that the owner of the boat (the guy) was out of the Hospital.
"1 out of the hospital and hopefully the other will soon follow!"
At what point does life move on? I assume he's got bills to pay, esp w/o medical insurance (for all we know he might not have boat insurance). Why is it such a problem that someone is looking to help by taking the boat off his hands? Even if it's a mutually beneficial solution, I don't see the terrible issue that's causing you all to jump on this person. Maybe I'm missing something, it is early in the morning...... :confused:
RTJas
In the above quote it states that she is being moved to another hospital. My best guess on this is the guy is not thinking about the bills but the well being of his friend and himself. I would also guess that he does not take after "Later" and that he has insurance. I don't know him so I can't tell for sure.
A lawyer that chases ambulances could give the same argument that you posted above (I'm helping the injured) But the practice is illegal for a reason.
If you don't think the guy is a dirt bag, so be it. I just have a different opinion.

RiverToysJas
05-20-2007, 01:40 PM
If you don't think the guy is a dirt bag, so be it. I just have a different opinion.
That's cool, I understand completely. I don't know the people involved and I don't know the newbie. But you're right, there are more important things to think about. I didn't realize when I first posted that the dudes first post ever. My fault.
Sorry though, I do hope everyone makes a full recovery before all else.
RTJas

pw_Tony
05-20-2007, 05:41 PM
I don't want to be called an a-hole but was this the boat that crashed? I saw this one during work at a tow yard...
http://i3.tinypic.com/4m969zq.jpg

Rio Chick
05-21-2007, 03:59 PM
I don't want to be called an a-hole but was this the boat that crashed? I saw this one during work at a tow yard...
http://i3.tinypic.com/4m969zq.jpg
Yes...Thats the boat. It makes me sick every time i see it.

rocket98
05-21-2007, 04:08 PM
Our hearts and prayers go out to both of you. God speed

CarBizIndio
06-06-2007, 09:08 AM
Sorry for offering to help some one out in a bad situation. I guess you people would rather see him rack up a $50 a day storage bill along with the monthly payments he has to make on the boat wile he is in the hospital (if its financed). Hopefully he has great insurance that wont try to deny his claim for maybe alcohol reasons or some one else driving the boat so he wont get even more screwed when he finds out the storage company already put a lien sale on the boat and sold it at an auction for penny's on the dollar. Its not very often you find people looking to buy a totaled out boat. I hope you understand your words wont help his financial issue, only money will.

MR FLYIN VEE
06-06-2007, 02:46 PM
Sorry for offering to help some one out in a bad situation. I guess you people would rather see him rack up a $50 a day storage bill along with the monthly payments he has to make on the boat wile he is in the hospital (if its financed). Hopefully he has great insurance that wont try to deny his claim for maybe alcohol reasons or some one else driving the boat so he wont get even more screwed when he finds out the storage company already put a lien sale on the boat and sold it at an auction for penny's on the dollar. Its not very often you find people looking to buy a totaled out boat. I hope you understand your words wont help his financial issue, only money will.
Maybe u should have posted your big hearted intentions instead of jumping out like a vulture on a limb just my.02:idea:

BajaMike
06-06-2007, 02:56 PM
LUV YA CINDY!
Do you have a recent update on how the two are doing?

RiverDave
06-06-2007, 03:05 PM
Maybe u should have posted your big hearted intentions instead of jumping out like a vulture on a limb just my.02:idea:
Word...
RD

Rio Chick
06-12-2007, 03:12 PM
Do you have a recent update on how the two are doing?
He has been out and is doing good. She is in a rehab. A friend that went to see her said she is up and walking. I'm going to see her this week. I'll let you know the update. Thanks for asking!