PDA

View Full Version : THANKS ***boat Members – Keeping It Safe at Desert Storm

C-2
04-30-2007, 07:40 AM
THANKS
***boat members for keeping it safe at Desert Storm.
Several members from this board volunteered to help keep the poker run safe – and thanks to their hard work, it worked. Despite the increased volume of spectator boats, these gals and guys jumpstarted the safest poker run ever. :)
The USCG was impressed with the number of safety boats, the communication, and the teamwork displayed by each of you. Thanks to your efforts, the USCG does not foresee any changes to future events.
Ted (LHC30VICTORY/Rescue 2) and Brett Seber of Eliminator Boats (Rescue 1) did an outstanding job of sweeping the lake and supervising on-the-water operations.
THANK YOU:
LHC30VICTORY
Jeff Nottoli
Rick Witt & Crew
ChumpChange
Jeff Ashworth
Kachina26
INSMan
Garrddogg
CarreraElite
BadKachina
Jim Surleta
Mike Call
RD Sanchez
Mike Slavik
TPMarine/Don Baca
SummitKarl
Froggystyle
Doug parks
Throttle
And yes, an extra thank you to Cameron and Jamie for going above and beyond his duty.

C-2
04-30-2007, 07:45 AM
And also, you ***boat members who rafted up together - THANK YOU for everything. The USCG was well aware of your float, and once again, your behavior was exemplary.
THANKS for demonstrating we are a safety-minded and responsible group of boaters. You guys did good - real good. :)

UnionJack
04-30-2007, 07:56 AM
Where are the helo pic's at?

Todd969
04-30-2007, 07:57 AM
Hey Craig, it was a great event from Thursday night thru Sunday. Please send me your contact info so I can get you the marine association info.
Todd

Phat Matt
04-30-2007, 08:02 AM
And also, you ***boat members who rafted up together - THANK YOU for everything. The USCG was well aware of your float, and once again, your behavior was exemplary.
THANKS for demonstrating we are a safety-minded and responsible group of boaters. You guys did good - real good. :)
I think this raft up was the biggest yet. :)

C-2
04-30-2007, 08:13 AM
Hey Craig, it was a great event from Thursday night thru Sunday. Please send me your contact info so I can get you the marine association info.
Todd
No problem Todd.
-- Everybody --
Todd is spearheading something we all need to get involved with. We've needed an organized voice fro many years, and now we have a front man.
There are many, many issues which are overlooked by us performance boaters. The re-vitalized Lake Havasu Marine Association is an excellent platform to make our voices heard.
Let's make this thing work!

havasu522
04-30-2007, 08:31 AM
Count me in , Im new to this but saftey first

C-2
04-30-2007, 09:40 AM
saftey first
Yup :)

Throttle
04-30-2007, 10:02 AM
A huge Thank You!
this event takes a year to coordinate, I am certain to say thousands of hours by many folks to get it all to come together! Keep up the good work, I think I clearly speak for everone around here, "we look forward to the return of this event next year!"
C-2 , your appriciation goes along way with me! I thank you and Jim for your efforts! I am familiar with the dynamics it takes to organize a succesfull event... you guys did great!
I know it has been mentioned here and on other threads about Jamie and I towing Gibson and Predator... It came as my responsibilities when I signed up to help... Yes, efforts may have gone a little more than expected of me but I wanted to do the right thing... I could not leave either Gibson or Predator hangin ... it was the right thing to do...

40FlatDeck
04-30-2007, 10:12 AM
A huge Thank You!
this event takes a year to coordinate, I am certain to say thousands of hours by many folks to get it all to come together! Keep up the good work, I think I clearly speak for everone around here, "we look forward to the return of this event next year!"
C-2 , your appriciation goes along way with me! I thank you and Jim for your efforts! I am familiar with the dynamics it takes to organize a succesfull event... you guys did great!
I know it has been mentioned here and on other threads about Jamie and I towing Gibson and Predator... It came as my responsibilities when I signed up to help... Yes, efforts may have gone a little more than expected of me but I wanted to do the right thing... I could not leave either Gibson or Predator hangin ... it was the right thing to do...
I know for a fact that Gary(Predator) was very happy you took them back.

x7734x
04-30-2007, 10:15 AM
Throttle you are the man, I passed by you going north and I was wondering if you were going to tow predator all the way back to the nautical. Major props to you.

Jokers Wild Havasu
04-30-2007, 02:09 PM
A huge Thank You!
Thanks again,
Your boat was working it's ass off pulling us to the Springs. I'll be out in the Nordic Sunday after the Eliminator Regatta we can hook your boat up and ill tow you to the Sand Bar. Not that your boats broken I just want to return the favor.

SummitKarl
04-30-2007, 02:29 PM
I know for a fact that Gary(Predator) was very happy you took them back.
I met Gary for the first time this week...what a cool and down to earth guy..I hope to see him again next year:D

Throttle
04-30-2007, 02:33 PM
Thanks again,
Your boat was working it's ass off pulling us to the Springs. I'll be out in the Nordic Sunday after the Eliminator Regatta we can hook your boat up and ill tow you to the Sand Bar. Not that your boats broken I just want to return the favor.
I will barrow a 16 foot alluminum that weekend... and pull the motor off of it... this should be fun...:D

BadKachina
04-30-2007, 04:40 PM
THANKS
***boat members for keeping it safe at Desert Storm.
Several members from this board volunteered to help keep the poker run safe – and thanks to their hard work, it worked. Despite the increased volume of spectator boats, these gals and guys jumpstarted the safest poker run ever. :)
The USCG was impressed with the number of safety boats, the communication, and the teamwork displayed by each of you. Thanks to your efforts, the USCG does not foresee any changes to future events.
Ted (LHC30VICTORY/Rescue 2) and Brett Seber of Eliminator Boats (Rescue 1) did an outstanding job of sweeping the lake and supervising on-the-water operations.
THANK YOU:
LHC30VICTORY
Jeff Nottoli
Rick Witt & Crew
ChumpChange
Jeff Ashworth
Kachina26
INSMan
Garrddogg
CarreraElite
BadKachina
Jim Surleta
Mike Call
RD Sanchez
Mike Slavik
TPMarine/Don Baca
SummitKarl
Froggystyle
Doug parks
Throttle
And yes, an extra thank you to Cameron and Jamie for going above and beyond his duty.
Thanks for having us Craig, see you next year.;)

BadKachina
04-30-2007, 04:42 PM
[B]
You are the man, I had no idea you did that Saturday. We waited for you at Chuy's, I figure you got busy doing other stuff. Maybe we'll hook up next time.

phebus
04-30-2007, 05:23 PM
A huge Thank You!
I'm calling bullshit, right here and now. You went way beyond the call of duty. What would have been expected, would have been to tow to a safe anchorage within cell phone communication, where they could have called a tow vessel that was equipped to tow them back.
You deserve major props for what you did, and I hope your boat didn't suffer any damage from the long lug back.

skater40
04-30-2007, 05:36 PM
A huge Thank You!
The very next time i bring preator to havasu,i promise i will call you and take you and your lovely wife on a e-ticket ride in a skater.

Devil's Advocate
04-30-2007, 06:20 PM
The very next time i bring preator to havasu,i promise i will call you and take you and your lovely wife on a e-ticket ride in a skater.
Damn ballers!:p ;)
Sounds like it was a great weekend and no major problems, that's good news. Sad to have missed it this year.:cry: Getting another boat can't come fast enough!:)

Phat Matt
04-30-2007, 06:30 PM
You want to use my boat. ;)

Havasu1986
04-30-2007, 06:35 PM
When did you get married Cameron:eek: :D

Throttle
04-30-2007, 08:42 PM
You are the man, I had no idea you did that Saturday. We waited for you at Chuy's, I figure you got busy doing other stuff. Maybe we'll hook up next time.
I was wiped out... I was in bed early, sorry I missed you guys

Throttle
04-30-2007, 08:46 PM
that sounds like a good plan... thanks:D

C-2
05-01-2007, 02:02 PM
Thanks Again :)

ChumpChange
05-01-2007, 02:37 PM
Good times. Definitely something I'd do next year. Good to keep people safe.
It's a lot busier being part of the safety crew than one would think. There are a lot of idiots out there.

C-2
05-01-2007, 03:31 PM
Good times. Definitely something I'd do next year. Good to keep people safe.
It's a lot busier being part of the safety crew than one would think. There are a lot of idiots out there.
Glad to hear your willigness to help Matt.
Without a doubt, you gals and guys took care of business. I can't thank you guys enough, everybody on the safety boat crew worked their tails off...more so than any event in the past.
The ***boat FLOAT - you guys were great....made everybody's job ouyt there a lot easier.:)

riverroyal
05-01-2007, 03:43 PM
but from where i watched near black meadow it just a matter of time before someone gets in a bad accident.we watched old people in pontoons cross in front of 150 mph boats,pwc crossing,kids in tubes!.They had no idea a "poker run" at 150 mph was going on.

C-2
05-01-2007, 03:57 PM
They had no idea a "poker run" at 150 mph was going on.
You know this for fact?

jrgaudettes
05-01-2007, 04:01 PM
First time for us watching. We were at Black Meadow and seemed there were no boats out running helicopters. Looked to me every one was in control and running safe. We had a great time watching.:D

riverroyal
05-01-2007, 04:01 PM
You know this for fact?
we watch every year from black meadow.this year was scary,We watched some people trying to cross or just being idiots,it was frightning.I love the event,I hope nothing bad ever happens during the event.I dont think everyone on the water knows there a event going on

Cole Trickle
05-01-2007, 04:03 PM
First time for us watching. We were at Black Meadow and seemed there were no boats out running helicopters. Looked to me every one was in control and running safe. We had a great time watching.:D
Did you remember your Ipod?
I remembered my beer:D;)

riverroyal
05-01-2007, 04:06 PM
safe,not them I would be concerned about.At black meadow the employees dont even know theres a event going on,so the average joe showing up for a weekend isnt aware when he launches

jrgaudettes
05-01-2007, 04:07 PM
Did you remember your Ipod?
I remembered my beer:D;)
Yes I did, now I have one for the boat. LOL
You passed us I think in the channel but when I noticed you has passed.:D

jrgaudettes
05-01-2007, 04:10 PM
safe,not them I would be concerned about.At black meadow the employees dont even know theres a event going on,so the average joe showing up for a weekend isnt aware when he launches
Oh, I did not know that. We boated down from Windsor. I do know the saftey boat was all over anyone who looked unaware. Those guys did a great job.

C-2
05-01-2007, 04:13 PM
we watch every year from black meadow.this year was scary,We watched some people trying to cross or just being idiots,it was frightning.I love the event,I hope nothing bad ever happens during the event.I dont think everyone on the water knows there a event going on
There were 5 safety boats assigned to Black Meadows - signs at every Marina and I'm pretty confident to say the majority of people on the water that day knew about the event.
Knowing about it, and ignoring it, is two different things. There were plenty of fools who were advised about the event, yet chose to motor their pontoon boats across the course to get a better view. Heck, somebody even had to chase a USCG Auxillary boat out of the way (true story)!
Thanks for the heads-up though, it's always an area of concern.:)

riverroyal
05-01-2007, 04:18 PM
There were 5 safety boats assigned to Black Meadows - signs at every Marina and I'm pretty confident to say the majority of people on the water that day knew about the event.
Knowing about it, and ignoring it, is two different things. There were plenty of fools who were advised about the event, yet chose to motor their pontoon boats across the course to get a better view. Heck, somebody even had to chase a USCG Auxillary boat out of the way (true story)!
Thanks for the heads-up though, it's always an area of concern.:)
we love the event,just a bit nervous this year watching people cross.I stay at black meadow all summer,theres nothing talking about ther event,never has been for the the 3 years Ive been.Next year I will get info from you if you like and I can post it there or give it the the facility.RR

C-2
05-01-2007, 04:44 PM
Thanks Riverroyal - that would be mucho appreciated.

shueman
05-01-2007, 04:50 PM
we love the event,just a bit nervous this year watching people cross.I stay at black meadow all summer,theres nothing talking about ther event,never has been for the the 3 years Ive been.Next year I will get info from you if you like and I can post it there or give it the the facility.RR
There was a lot of dialogue Saturday night about getting the message out...flyers at the ramps, articles in the local press, etc. Just ask the rec boaters to stay close to the shoreline for a few hours.
I was in a Safety Boat by Steamboat and it got pretty crazy out there after the first hour...:eek: