PDA

View Full Version : Almost a boat again

Ian
03-22-2003, 08:00 PM
Well after an eleven hour thrashing the boat is almost back together, I'll post pics tomorrow in the light. All Dragboat Dad and I have left to do is run the wiring, hook up the fuel system, guages, install driveshaft, prop and seats. After that we add fuel and make sure it fires up! It looks sweet!!! The combination of the new Flo-coat and powdercoating looks great. Now thats how you put a boat together Superdave!! None of this two year nonesense :D . Now get out in that garage and finish that thing for Billy-B's bash wink

Kindsvater Flat
03-22-2003, 09:22 PM
Can't wait to see the pics Ian!!!

superdave013
03-23-2003, 08:37 AM
Ian:
Now thats how you put a boat together Superdave!! None of this two year nonesense :D . Now get out in that garage and finish that thing for Billy-B's bash wink Ian, Take all your hardware and engine and toss it in the trash. Start from scratch and see how long it takes you. Oh yeah, you can't get any help from Drag Boat Dad's bank account too.
I need to get a few things for mine still. Can you sport me about 3,500.00?? eek! eek!
I'm just giving you a hard time. Sounds like it's comming together real nice. Can't wait to see it. Belive it or not I even bolted some stuff on mine last night.

Ian
03-23-2003, 09:59 AM
Oh yeah, you can't get any help from Drag Boat Dad's bank account too. Now that doesn't sound like any fun! jawdrop

Dragboat Dad
03-23-2003, 04:54 PM
Here's the latest pic, almost done. BTW, Ian and I split all expense down the middle. http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/110108-0808_IMG-med.JPG
[ March 23, 2003, 04:56 PM: Message edited by: Dragboat Dad ]

Dragboat Dad
03-23-2003, 05:01 PM
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/110108-0805_IMG-med.JPG Another angle

Fiat48
03-23-2003, 05:12 PM
Very nice! Two Questions. Is the powdercoating the type that is polished underneath and then powdercoated? How much did you have to pay for all the powdercoat work? Thanks!

slowpoke
03-23-2003, 05:27 PM
Ian and D.B. Dad
Your boat is lookin good.
Maybe we ought to grab SangerBoy one of these
fine mornings and run up to Casitas and put a
little time on these motors before the Needles
Bash. He tells me that you can run without
mufflers etc. I'll keep my eye out for that
brown truck. eek! :) :)

Dragboat Dad
03-23-2003, 06:35 PM
That sounds great Slowpoke. I know Sangerboy was getting his heads back on Friday. This next weekend is no good for us but I want to go the following weekend. We still have a few things to do to get it running, but I definetly want to make sure it's good to go before we drive all the way to needles. We have had great luck running at Casitas, zoomies and all.
Fiat 48, the powder coat was a 2 step process. They applied a silver base coat and then the top coat is kind of a transparent blue, it looks better in person. They wanted 300 to do 1 step and 440 for this 2 stage deal, we are really happy with the results. This job was sooo much work, while we had it apart we rebuilt the v drive, x-rayed the rudder, redid the oil pan,checked bearings,painted the trailer, polished,etc. etc. Ian and I have mucho hours in this one.
[ March 23, 2003, 06:35 PM: Message edited by: Dragboat Dad ]

GofastRacer
03-23-2003, 07:26 PM
Damn, that's looking sweeet, I'm jealous now, kinda makes mine look like shit!.. eek!

Fiat48
03-23-2003, 07:35 PM
I had the feeling it looked better in person. Looks real good from here. I'm getting mine done here in town and hoping it turns out as nice. I stripped everything myself (massive job) and I am paying $300, so looks like price is right. Main thing is you got a very nice job. You are probably like the rest of us...at a nickle an hour for your time you got a lot of dough in that boat! wink
PS: Now you need aluminum heads. Polished of course. Alcohol tune up for you when you are ready. :D

GofastRacer
03-23-2003, 07:41 PM
Fiat48:
PS: Now you need aluminum heads. Polished of course. Alcohol tune up for you when you are ready. :D You forgot to mention the hat!. wink :D

03-23-2003, 08:31 PM
Very nice indeed!

*NAPALM*
03-23-2003, 10:59 PM
I hope my floor looks as good as yours looks badass man.
What shade blue did you go with on the powdercoating?
SHERMAN

Ian
03-24-2003, 06:34 AM
I believe the guy called it a candy apple blue, we have some anodized blue washers and it is very close to the same color. Thanks to everyone for the great compliments; like dragboat dad said it has been a big project, but the finished product makes it all worth while.

JRM 1217
03-24-2003, 08:12 AM
Hey Ian and Tom, the boat looks beatiful can't wait to see it up at the river this summer. The candy apple blue is a bitchin color.

Sangerboy
03-24-2003, 12:55 PM
slowpoke:
Ian and D.B. Dad
Your boat is lookin good.
Maybe we ought to grab SangerBoy one of these
fine mornings and run up to Casitas and put a
little time on these motors before the Needles
Bash. He tells me that you can run without
mufflers etc. I'll keep my eye out for that
brown truck. eek! :) :) Boat looks awesome guys :D Looks like you've done a great job putting it back together, I can't wait to see it in person. I actually got to pick up my heads on Wednesday and planned on having the boat back together to test this last weekend. Unfortunately my grandmother suffered a major stroke on Thursday morning and I am in charge of all her affairs so I spent the weekend at Los Robles hospital making difficult decisions. I hope to get the boat together and test this Sunday AM but obviously my grandmothers needs will take precedence.

ACCEPTENCE
03-24-2003, 03:32 PM
Cool pics, turning out very nice... :D :D :D

Dragboat Dad
03-25-2003, 08:43 PM
Sorry to hear about your Grandmother Sangerboy.
Hope you get the RPM's and speed you were shooting for. We will be ready to test run a week from Sunday. Thanks for the compliments.
[ March 25, 2003, 08:45 PM: Message edited by: Dragboat Dad ]

Fired Up
03-25-2003, 10:11 PM
Ian, DBD,
Nice work! Looks great. I've taken my boat up to Casitas for testing quite a bit, also without any problems. WOT passes from the Coyote ramp. I only go during the week though. Weekends you tend to get more family boaters out there which I would rather avoid. During the week there are fewer fisherman and boaters and been the only one in the cove.
Fired Up

Rexone
03-25-2003, 10:16 PM
That boat looks awesome guys, nice job on it. :)

HotHallet
03-27-2003, 12:25 PM
I have a jet and will probably get some shit for posting in here but that boat looks amazing! Makes me want to go get a flattie right now.

126driver
03-27-2003, 12:30 PM
HotHallet:
I have a jet and will probably get some shit for posting in here but that boat looks amazing! Makes me want to go get a flattie right now. Naw, we won't give a jetboat guy shit for posting in here. The first step to recovery is realizing that you have a problem. :D wink

Ian
03-27-2003, 12:44 PM
Thanks for the great compliments! It's too bad it isn't ready for this weekend at Needles, I guess I'll have to lay down some 60mph passes in the Bahner

Dragboat Dad
04-06-2003, 06:30 AM
Well it's finally all done. But I have a few parts left over, anything here look important
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/110108-0812_IMG-med.JPG

rrrr
04-06-2003, 09:44 AM
126driver:
HotHallet:
I have a jet and will probably get some shit for posting in here but that boat looks amazing! Makes me want to go get a flattie right now. Naw, we won't give a jetboat guy shit for posting in here. The first step to recovery is realizing that you have a problem. :D wink LMAO!!! Ian and DBD, what a freekin' beauty. You guys should get ready for a summer of compliments and lots of fun. :D

disco_charger
04-07-2003, 08:24 AM
Dragboat Dad:
Well it's finally all done. But I have a few parts left over, anything here look important
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/110108-0812_IMG-med.JPG OH MY GOD! YOU FORGOT THE STRINGER WASHERS!!! wink