PDA

View Full Version : New Rules for the Channel?

nodigg
04-30-2007, 04:36 PM
I know I'm always slow finding out about stuff but how long have they been enforcing one boat per tie up at the sea wall? This past weekend if you did not put a rope in a tie down, (one boat per) LE had you move along. This will mean about half as many boats where the sea wall is finished. Congestion is on its way down in the channel. Should help with the polution too I guess.

CAHotRodBoy
04-30-2007, 04:41 PM
I didn't see that happening. Boats were all over the place. I had a guy in a ski boat squeeze in next to be with about 2 inches to spare on each side of his boat and ask me if it was okay (I said no!).
We also stayed on the boats overnight in the channel which is usually not allowed. The latest I saw a boat cop was around 8PM and they were only stopping no lights violaters.

HavasuUncleLarry
04-30-2007, 04:42 PM
Yes suppose to be one boat per tie up....
Started being enforced (everyonce in a while) last august..

Powerquestboy
04-30-2007, 05:27 PM
Its a good idea as far as I'm concerned I was in the channel for about 30 minutes saturday afternoon and now I feel like I smoked 7 packs of cigarettes. The cloud of fumes over the channel was disgusting...reminds me of LA. I love to hang out in the channel but cant anymore because the fumes are soo bad.