PDA

View Full Version : The 200 Mph Club

Fast Freddy
04-30-2007, 06:15 PM
so is anybody on this site a member? post up pix of your GPS or speedo if you have any. a vid would be even better. i joined the club last week when i gps'd 200 mph in my bone stock year 2006 ford GT. lol, i wish i could say i was member of the 100 mph boat club too. oh well at least i am a member of the mile high club.......

Brian
04-30-2007, 06:17 PM
Not impressed unless there was a Cig involved, and some good ole fashioned chine walking of course.
:D

Brian
04-30-2007, 06:18 PM
ps: Nice car!

Moneypitt
04-30-2007, 06:20 PM
Sorry Fredie, that doesn't get you in THE 200 MPH club. That is a very tight nit group of people that have set, or broke, a record over 200 MPH at a sanctioned Land Speed event, not just someone exceeding 200.........MP

MR.rvrluvr
04-30-2007, 06:21 PM
you want to impress me show a pic of that car in the trailer that you bought for it, ..... with the door shut..:D

photo chick
04-30-2007, 06:22 PM
so is anybody on this site a member? post up pix of your GPS or speedo if you have any. a vid would be even better. i joined the club last week when i gps'd 200 mph in my bone stock year 2006 ford GT. lol, i wish i could say i was member of the 100 mph boat club too. oh well at least i am a member of the mile high club.......
Doesn't a bone stock Ford come with a governor for the US?

Oldsquirt
04-30-2007, 06:34 PM
Sorry Fredie, that doesn't get you in THE 200 MPH club. That is a very tight nit group of people that have set, or broke, a record over 200 MPH at a sanctioned Land Speed event, not just someone exceeding 200.........MP
Ya beat me to it MP.:) The REAL 200 MPH Club is a pretty exclusive fraternity.

Chico&Zeus
04-30-2007, 06:41 PM
Did you hit that using the blower switch???:D I am not convinced....I think I could take a hand held GPS and take off in a small plane and show you guys a number like that.:devil:

Miss Perfect
04-30-2007, 06:44 PM
This thread is going to be awesome..... I just know it :D

DAVEO
04-30-2007, 06:44 PM
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/donstoker.jpg
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/speedo2.jpg

Drift
04-30-2007, 06:48 PM
The Bonneville 200 MPH Club is an organization that recognizes outstanding achievement in land speed racing and has no affiliation with any organization or sanctioning body. The club has a total membership of 541 people.
The Bonneville 200 MPH Club record book shows all of the existing records held by its club members with their speeds and the dates that they were achieved.
Over the years, new classes have been added by SCTA & USFRA. You will notice that all of the classes that are still open have minimum speeds.
It's a great accomplishment to break an existing record. To set a record in an open class is the same accomplishment because of the established minimum speeds.
If the Bonneville 200 MPH Club did not establish these minimums, it would lose much of its integrity and credibility. This would not be fair to all of the people who have worked so hard to break records or minimums to become a member.
How does one qualify for membership in this famous club?
1. Fill out an official entry form from a sanctioning body recognized by the Bonneville 200 MPH Club. www.scta-bni.org or www.saltflats.com
2. Prepare your vehicle to meet all rules and technical requirements of that sanctioning body.
3. Break an existing record or established minimum over 200 mph at the Bonneville Salt Flats and you will have qualified for membership in the exclusive Bonneville 200 MPH Club, joining some of the most distinguished names in auto racing.
4. Where there is a record and a minimum in the same class, the higher speed prevails.

grads2112
04-30-2007, 06:49 PM
Did you hit that using the blower switch???:D I am not convinced....I think I could take a hand held GPS and take off in a small plane and show you guys a number like that.:devil:
Who would do that.
http://img440.imageshack.us/img440/8383/43652781bk4.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

BadKachina
04-30-2007, 07:07 PM
Oh I hope so...........:)

SAFA 1
04-30-2007, 07:09 PM
there you go

Chromegorilla
04-30-2007, 07:20 PM
Oh no you didn't...... this sperm burper is at it again is he?!?!?!?:rolleyes:
FF please feel free to take the FREE ADVICE of my avatar......:idea:

460 jus getn it
04-30-2007, 07:21 PM
Yes,yes it is.

3 daytona`s
04-30-2007, 07:31 PM
Clue these youngsters in,thanks for the shout.This town is begging for a shop.
Let me know when in town again,it`s Keystone right.:)

boatsnblondes
04-30-2007, 07:47 PM
150+ made easy right here..... (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KMsUXUQx-XI&mode=related&search=)

Boozer
04-30-2007, 07:58 PM
I'll take 2 of these please.
Deposit is in the mail.
http://***boat.com/forums/newreply.php?do=newreply&noquote=1&p=2533084

BadKachina
04-30-2007, 08:44 PM
Damn, I missed all the........popcorn :D
We've been waiting for you, could you chop a bimini on top of the GT and have it chine walk over some Cigarettes wake please?

Baja Big Dog
04-30-2007, 09:10 PM
2600ft elevation??? Tucson growing lately??:confused:

XtrmWakeborder
04-30-2007, 09:36 PM
Man you guys are harsh!!!

Jbb
05-01-2007, 04:09 AM
http://www.clubcobra.com/photopost/data/500/medium/ShelbySupersnake001.jpg

Run_em_Hard
05-01-2007, 04:30 AM
The Bonneville 200 MPH Club is an organization that recognizes outstanding achievement in land speed racing and has no affiliation with any organization or sanctioning body. The club has a total membership of 541 people.
The Bonneville 200 MPH Club record book shows all of the existing records held by its club members with their speeds and the dates that they were achieved.
Over the years, new classes have been added by SCTA & USFRA. You will notice that all of the classes that are still open have minimum speeds.
It's a great accomplishment to break an existing record. To set a record in an open class is the same accomplishment because of the established minimum speeds.
If the Bonneville 200 MPH Club did not establish these minimums, it would lose much of its integrity and credibility. This would not be fair to all of the people who have worked so hard to break records or minimums to become a member.
How does one qualify for membership in this famous club?
1. Fill out an official entry form from a sanctioning body recognized by the Bonneville 200 MPH Club. www.scta-bni.org or www.saltflats.com
2. Prepare your vehicle to meet all rules and technical requirements of that sanctioning body.
3. Break an existing record or established minimum over 200 mph at the Bonneville Salt Flats and you will have qualified for membership in the exclusive Bonneville 200 MPH Club, joining some of the most distinguished names in auto racing.
4. Where there is a record and a minimum in the same class, the higher speed prevails.
Also...if this you are wanting to do this at the Salt Flats and say your car goes 205 mph on the Freeway it will not be able to break 200 mph on the Salt Flats. There are different factors there:D
But it would still be great to say that you have gone 200 mph anywhere in/on something that you own.
Personally I have only done 155 mph on my Crotch Rocket I used to have:(

Magic34
05-01-2007, 08:00 AM
Or just throw it off a building. :D

Fast Freddy
05-01-2007, 08:52 AM
Doesn't a bone stock Ford come with a governor for the US?
yes the ford GT comes equipped from the factory with a top speed governor set at 205 mph. my speedo was reading 204 mph. i tried to hit 205 mph on my speedo but there was no more more speed left to be had. a lower density altitude would get me there. the top speed governor can be edited out of the stock computer with the many aftermarket tuning software programs on the market. when i swap out the the stock 2.3L supercharger in favor of the 3.3L whipple supercharger then i will retune my computer and delete the governor. with the whipple cranked to 20 psi and a tune, etc. i should be making closing to 900 crank hp. this should be good for at least 220 mph on GPS.
i see that you race open wheel cars. what kind of car do you have and what series do you race in?

AZKC
05-01-2007, 09:19 AM
Not lately, the elevation at, KTUS is still 2643 ft.
You people are just jealous, or are Chevy Lovers! :idea:
No wonder its so much cooler at the airport than at my house, its in the mountains. my place is +/- 2100 feet;)

Screaming Pete
05-01-2007, 09:55 AM
FF congrats on taking that car to the limiter, i just hate it when peeps buy all the fancy sports cars and just use them for going to dinner so they can have them parked out front..............or in the channel:D

photo chick
05-01-2007, 01:14 PM
yes the ford GT comes equipped from the factory with a top speed governor set at 205 mph. my speedo was reading 204 mph. i tried to hit 205 mph on my speedo but there was no more more speed left to be had. a lower density altitude would get me there. the top speed governor can be edited out of the stock computer with the many aftermarket tuning software programs on the market. when i swap out the the stock 2.3L supercharger in favor of the 3.3L whipple supercharger then i will retune my computer and delete the governor. with the whipple cranked to 20 psi and a tune, etc. i should be making closing to 900 crank hp. this should be good for at least 220 mph on GPS.
i see that you race open wheel cars. what kind of car do you have and what series do you race in?
I don't race I just borrow Mario Andretti's cars from time to time....:D :D My personal car came with a governor at 135 mph..... very frustrating sometimes but after four tickets in 3 years of living in TX it's probably better to leave it alone! I didn't realize the govenor on Fords was so high....

Three Days Only
05-01-2007, 01:32 PM
Who cares if it is sanctioned or not. 200 is 200. Its F'n fast in anything thats on land.
I ran my car 189 on the I5 thru Valencia. I wish I could have stayed in it just allittle longer, just so I could have hit the 200 mark. I just didnt have the balls!!!! :D

Chromegorilla
05-01-2007, 01:37 PM
No one sayin 200 aint fast.... we just think FF is full of chit...... That car must have 2 blower switches eh?

Three Days Only
05-01-2007, 01:54 PM
yes the ford GT comes equipped from the factory with a top speed governor set at 205 mph.
You dont even need more power to go faster, just ditch the electronic limiter.
By: Brad Nevin | Ford Communications Network
"It's quite the experience, but the car is very stable. At 205 miles an hour it's basically flat to the floor (with the throttle). You can leave it there. The only constraint on this car is how much fuel you have. Getting up to the 205 certified high-speed limit takes about four miles because of aerodynamic drag."
"Two hundred and five mph is the top speed that the car is certified and electronically limited to," said McGowan. "In testing, we actually got a car up to 212 mph, which is redline in fifth gear. Sixth gear is too tall, so you run top speed in fifth. It got to 211.89 mph, and we were bouncing off the rev limiter in fifth gear and it was still accelerating.
His GPS is actually very close to where it should be for time, distance traveled, stoping distance, etc.
http://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=29911&d=1177985077

Fast Freddy
05-01-2007, 05:05 PM
You dont even need more power to go faster, just ditch the electronic limiter.
By: Brad Nevin | Ford Communications Network
"It's quite the experience, but the car is very stable. At 205 miles an hour it's basically flat to the floor (with the throttle). You can leave it there. The only constraint on this car is how much fuel you have. Getting up to the 205 certified high-speed limit takes about four miles because of aerodynamic drag."
"Two hundred and five mph is the top speed that the car is certified and electronically limited to," said McGowan. "In testing, we actually got a car up to 212 mph, which is redline in fifth gear. Sixth gear is too tall, so you run top speed in fifth. It got to 211.89 mph, and we were bouncing off the rev limiter in fifth gear and it was still accelerating.
His GPS is actually very close to where it should be for time, distance traveled, stoping distance, etc.
http://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=29911&d=1177985077
i actually hit my top speed in 3 miles from a dead stop. i was around 6,000 rpm's in 5th gear. redline for the stock engine is 6,500 rpm's which equals 213 mph on GPS in 5th gear. i haven't had my car on a chassis dyno yet but most GT's are averaging about 550 rwhp on a dynojet. with the 12% drivetrain loss that the transaxle has this translates to about 625 hp at the crank. with the whipple supercharger at 20 psi and a few other mods i should be making close to 900 hp at the crank. with some stickier tires i think i can get to 200 mph in one mile from a dead stop if i don't roast the tires in 1st and 2nd gear. my plan is to eventually take this car to the 1 mile top speed shootout that is run on the airport runway in Goliad, Texas. here is the link > www.texasmile.com

Old Texan
05-01-2007, 05:54 PM
Hey Freddy bring that "lil' toy" of yers' over here ta' Houston. We'll put it out on Houston Raceway Park to play around with my Son in Law and his buddies in the 1/4 mile. Door slammer 10.5 "Outlaws" running mid 6's at 200 plus. "Turbo Power" on the ashphalt @ 1700+ HP. If that don't wind you up we'll let Frankie the "Mad Man" set you free with the "Pro Mod" super power, only thing hotter and faster is the "Funny Cars" and "Double AA's".......Whoooooshhhhhh, see ya :devil: