PDA

View Full Version : So did anyone else

ELIMINAT THIS
05-01-2007, 10:01 AM
Get stopped at the ag-inspection on Hwy 40... They found a bunch of zebra muscles on the hydraulic steering rams and lines.:eek: They steam cleaned the transom of the boat,filled out a bunch of paper work. It was about an hour and half total.This on top of the traffic on hwy 40 Sunday made one hell of a long drive home.

bunny 166
05-01-2007, 10:02 AM
Get stopped at the ag-inspection on Hwy 40... They found a bunch of zebra muscles on the hydraulic steering rams and lines.:eek: They steam cleaned the transom of the boat,filled out a bunch of paper work. It was about an hour and half total.This on top of the traffic on hwy 40 Sunday made one hell of a long drive home.
WOW! We've been stopped there a few times when we've launched at Moabi, but no mussels on our boat.....Did you have to pay a fine or anything? I think you're the first person I have heard who's had mussels on their boat....

ChumpChange
05-01-2007, 10:02 AM
That traffic was insane. Fortunately I was able to jump off road at Goffs and go through Amboy and 29 Palms.
Are the mussels small to where they are hard to see or something?

DCBob
05-01-2007, 10:04 AM
GD smuggler......can't send you anyplace :rolleyes: :)

Troy McClure
05-01-2007, 10:05 AM
That's why I moved my storage from Needles. Don't leave my boat in the water so shouldn't get and muscles (I don't think) just don't want to deal with the inspection every time. :mad:

ELIMINAT THIS
05-01-2007, 10:14 AM
They are very small. I will post some pics. ( or atleast try )

ELIMINAT THIS
05-01-2007, 10:19 AM
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/ag_1.jpg
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/ag_2.jpg
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/ag_3.jpg

riverracerx
05-01-2007, 10:20 AM
I saw that boat up close on the water near the black meadows gas dock. Beautiful boat!!

ELIMINAT THIS
05-01-2007, 10:22 AM
GD smuggler......can't send you anyplace :rolleyes: :)
At least they didnt catch me smuggling the other stuff into Az.:D

Quest4Fun
Wow...I'm going to go take a look at my boat. :eek:

bunny 166
Wow those are so tiny....I'm just thinking out loud--what is the purpose of steaming/power washing the boat if you've already been in the lake? Seems like you'd want to do that BEFORE you launch...just wondering....:idea:

ELIMINAT THIS
05-01-2007, 10:24 AM
I saw that boat up close on the water near the black meadows gas dock. Beautiful boat!!
Did you have the safety boat,If so nice to meet you.

Quest4Fun
05-01-2007, 10:24 AM
I think Cali is trying to avoid the spread of mussells into their waterways.

ELIMINAT THIS
05-01-2007, 10:27 AM
Wow those are so tiny....I'm just thinking out loud--what is the purpose of steaming/power washing the boat if you've already been in the lake? Seems like you'd want to do that BEFORE you launch...just wondering....:idea:
We picked them up in Havasu,they said if we launch it in the Delta before the dept. of fish and game comes to take a look at it they would fine us $10,000.

bunny 166
05-01-2007, 10:31 AM
We picked them up in Havasu,they said if we launch it in the Delta before the dept. of fish and game comes to take a look at it they would fine us $10,000.
OK, just so I understand--you got that many mussels on your boat/in your bilge from this one weekend at Havasu?

ELIMINAT THIS
05-01-2007, 10:33 AM
I was shocked at how small they are.
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/ag_4.jpg

ELIMINAT THIS
05-01-2007, 10:35 AM
OK, just so I understand--you got that many mussels on your boat/in your bilge from this one weekend at Havasu?
That was from one hydraulic steering line.:eek: Yes one weekend.

bunny 166
05-01-2007, 10:39 AM
That was from one hydraulic steering line.:eek: Yes one weekend.
Holy crap....We were inspected on our way back from Moabi Saturday night--nothing. I guess we better check our hydraulic steering lines, too....They are so small :jawdrop: I assume you left her in the water overnight? Were you at the Nautical? Just trying to get as much info as I can....$10,000 fine is no friggin' joke....I assumed you brought the mussels with you in my previous post, sorry....That's why I was wondering why the post-lake washdown....now I see...:eek:

Water Romper
05-01-2007, 10:46 AM
How long was your boat in the water? I pull my boat out at the end of each day so I wonder if i would get these little suckers on mine...
By the way, that SOME boat you have there...my lil 18 footer would fit inside your bow..:D

ELIMINAT THIS
05-01-2007, 10:49 AM
Holy crap....We were inspected on our way back from Moabi Saturday night--nothing. I guess we better check our hydraulic steering lines, too....They are so small :jawdrop: I assume you left her in the water overnight? Were you at the Nautical? Just trying to get as much info as I can....$10,000 fine is no friggin' joke....I assumed you brought the mussels with you in my previous post, sorry....That's why I was wondering why the post-lake washdown....now I see...:eek:
We launched thur. put it back on the trailer sat. night and yes the boat was beached at the Nautical.
We wiped the boat down sat. night. Just an FYI they kind of look like tiny specks of brown paint.

bunny 166
05-01-2007, 10:51 AM
We launched thur. put it back on the trailer sat. night and yes the boat was beached at the Nautical.
We wiped the boat down sat. night. Just an FYI they kind of look like tiny specks of brown paint.
WOW :jawdrop: Thanks so much for posting this....I didn't even know what they looked like, really....

nodigg
05-01-2007, 10:52 AM
I'm just curious, where was the boat last used? Has it sat in any bodies of water tied to a dock?

ELIMINAT THIS
05-01-2007, 10:53 AM
How long was your boat in the water? I pull my boat out at the end of each day so I wonder if i would get these little suckers on mine...
By the way, that SOME boat you have there...my lil 18 footer would fit inside your bow..:D
LOL.. Its not mine. My buddy Carlos has to many boats so He needs someone else to help tow. Im just a boatless boat bitch.:D

Quest4Fun
05-01-2007, 10:55 AM
Uh-Oh, I have small things that look like brown paint on back of boat. We were out Sunday, in the channel then headed North. Did not keep boat in water overnight. I know the Today New's Herald posted an article about these mussells getting into the water outtakes down near Sand Point. I will check into this further.

DAVEO
05-01-2007, 10:57 AM
LOL.. Its not mine. My buddy Carlos has to many boats so He needs someone else to help tow. Im just a boatless boat bitch.:D
Did the nortec get them too?

STV_Keith
05-01-2007, 10:59 AM
Good seeing you at the Pilot. LOL. The number you wanted, BTW, is 866-504-4002. :)
I got the check, but not stopped. I don't leave my boat in overnight though. :idea:

RiverDave
05-01-2007, 11:02 AM
I had no idea those things were that small! :eek:
RD

phebus
05-01-2007, 11:04 AM
If you were in the lake, and it hurts to shat now, you'd all better steam clean your asses. :D

Jbb
05-01-2007, 11:04 AM
I had no idea that thing was that small! :eek:
RD
I bet you get that alot......lil Mr...............:D

RiverDave
05-01-2007, 11:05 AM
I bet you get that alot......lil Mr...............:D
lacking in originallity Mr. Director.. I expect more from you.
RD

Jbb
05-01-2007, 11:06 AM
lacking in originallity Mr. Director.. I expect more from you.
RD
It's just that Im under so much pressure Dave :( ....I will try harder....:D

UltraStealth
05-01-2007, 11:10 AM
My buddy was up there this weekend and left his boat in a slip for the first time. He got stopped as well and they found mussels eggs/larva all over the drive etc. They sprayed his boat down as well. He was also told the boat needed to be inspected before the boat goes in the water or he will be fined.

ELIMINAT THIS
05-01-2007, 11:15 AM
Did the nortec get them too?
Nope they didnt find any on the cat. But the La Habra (sp) outerlimits had some.

Quest4Fun
05-01-2007, 11:19 AM
Here is a link with more info on the mussells. Sounds like they are in Lake Mead and maybe Lake Pleasant.
http://www.azgfd.gov/h_f/zebra_mussels.shtml

ELIMINAT THIS
05-01-2007, 11:39 AM
Good seeing you at the Pilot. LOL. The number you wanted, BTW, is 866-504-4002. :)
I got the check, but not stopped. I don't leave my boat in overnight though. :idea:
Thanks for the # Keith nice to meet you too.

ELIMINAT THIS
05-01-2007, 11:43 AM
I had no idea those things were that small! :eek:
RD
I hope everyone takes a look at this thread,you would never see them if you didnt know what you were looking for.They are way smaller than what you would expect.

eliminatedsprinter
05-01-2007, 11:49 AM
On the way back from park Moabi last week, the lady inspector said she wanted to check me for mussels, but before I could get my shirt off she just waived me through...;)

Havasu_Dreamin
05-01-2007, 11:58 AM
It's a real serious deal. There is a big concern about these mussels getting into the pipes for the two pumping stations at the South end of the lake as they have been shown to clog pipes which would be bad for Southern California and the Phoenix metro area.
CA Department of Boating and Waterways Quagga mussels web site (http://www.dbw.ca.gov/PressRoom/2007/070202quagga.asp)

Mandelon
05-01-2007, 12:20 PM
Imagine if those mussels were 20" gun sized muscles...:jawdrop:
where do you have to go for a reinspection?

40FlatDeck
05-01-2007, 12:26 PM
I had them on my drives and steering rams.:( They are very, very small. I was parked at the Nautical all week.

shueman
05-01-2007, 12:30 PM
I might have missed in the earlier posts....Where did the boat come from, prior to visiting Havasu..?? The lil buggers could have been there already...:eek:

AZJD
05-01-2007, 12:31 PM
This stuff is crazy! Here we go with the medfly all over again.
Anyone remember the huge spraying rigs that used to dump on Orange County back in the 80's for those little buggers?

bunny 166
05-01-2007, 12:32 PM
Anyone remember the huge spraying rigs that used to dump on Orange County back in the 80's for those little buggers?
Yep! Grew up right in the middle of that mess.....That could explain some things,huh?....:idea: :jawdrop: :D

shippingguy
05-01-2007, 12:35 PM
Yep. I grew up in Brea I remember it was like every Tuesday night they would come over with the helicopters. It sounded like a war zone. You had to make sure you had your windows closed in the house.

mondorally
05-01-2007, 12:45 PM
They were checking at Vidal Junction as well.
-Justin

ELIMINAT THIS
05-01-2007, 12:54 PM
[QUOTE=shueman;2534379]I might have missed in the earlier posts....Where did the boat come from, prior to visiting Havasu..?? The lil buggers could have been there already...:eek:[/QUOTE
On the Delta (Nor cal) I dont think they could hang on at 100,the guy wiped them off really easy.

caroftheweek
05-01-2007, 12:56 PM
will those things do any harm to the cooling system in boats?

24sleekenforcer
05-01-2007, 01:10 PM
Don't know if its been posted before,but here's a link
to more info.
http://www.100thmeridian.org/
http://www.protectyourwaters.net/

ELIMINAT THIS
05-01-2007, 01:27 PM
The dept. of fish and game came to the address the boat is stored at (most of the time)in Brentwood. It wasnt there. So they sent the police looking for it :eek: :eek: It was at Carlos's house in Antioch.They quarantined the boat and said they will have a crew decontaminate it tomorrow.:2purples: :2purples:

Ziggy
05-01-2007, 02:03 PM
Its quite obvious they are and will not be able to stop the spread of these mussels if you had them after a day and a half in the water.
Sure sucks, thats for sure....
Earlier in the year they were first discovered up in Mead and now they are everywhere already....
I recall a post from and East Coaster that said, just get used to them, they're here to stay.
West coast depends on the water supply from this river and its all transported so the major issues will be with upkeep of the pumping stations, pipes and aquaducts.
I'd expect an increase of water costs in the very near future for many of us.
I hear those little buggers are horny little bitches and reproduce extremely rapidly.
Once they get really established we won't be able to go barefoot quite as easily either, they're sharp.

Quest4Fun
05-01-2007, 02:22 PM
The dept. of fish and game came to the address the boat is stored at (most of the time)in Brentwood. It wasnt there. So they sent the police looking for it :eek: :eek: It was at Carlos's house in Antioch.They quarantined the boat and said they will have a crew decontaminate it tomorrow.:2purples: :2purples:
You gotta be kidding me. Are you going to get a bill for this???

racecar.hotshoe
05-01-2007, 02:24 PM
mussells only get on the Baller boats.......:D :D

Quest4Fun
05-01-2007, 02:43 PM
I guess it is about time that our borders cracked down on illegal alien invasions!!;)

deltarat
05-01-2007, 02:45 PM
Are you shitting me, I can just imagine the look on Carlos’s face when the cops pulled up…. :2purples: :2purples: :2purples: to quarantine his boat:mad:

deltarat
05-01-2007, 02:50 PM
I guess it is about time that our borders cracked down on illegal alien invasions!!;)
If you want to ask anyone what a good boarder patrol will do for a country just ask an American Indian!
What is the life expectancy of these things once they are out of the water? I can only imagine that this will get worse once people start finding these muscles on there boats after a weekend at the lake, the first thing most of will do is wash them off and they will go straight in to the storm drain. From there they will end up everywhere.

ELIMINAT THIS
05-01-2007, 02:56 PM
mussells only get on the Baller boats.......:D :D
I had crabs on my balls once.:idea:

DCBob
05-01-2007, 03:12 PM
I had crabs on my balls once.:idea:
Maybe if ya slather that blue ointment all over the boat before ya go back to Havazoo you'll be OK :idea: :D

Havasu_Dreamin
05-01-2007, 03:26 PM
What is the life expectancy of these things once they are out of the water? I can only imagine that this will get worse once people start finding these muscles on there boats after a weekend at the lake, the first thing most of will do is wash them off and they will go straight in to the storm drain. From there they will end up everywhere.
This (http://www.dbw.ca.gov/PDF/Quagga_Flyer1-31-07.pdf) would lead me to believe that the life expectancy out of water is no more than 5 days.

RitcheyRch
05-01-2007, 03:33 PM
I got stopped last weekend coming back from Havasu. The inspection process only took a few minutes. They did say that they are going to start enforcing people remove their bilge plugs before getting to the inspection site.