PDA

View Full Version : pontoon ?

Scapegoat1
05-01-2007, 10:45 AM
I am looking at a couple of pontoons. Both are 24 feet in length one has a 115 outboard standard setup a Grandou by Tahoe. The other has a yamaha v6 150 with an added quarter toon in the center and sheet metal added to the bottom. this one is a sun seaker
What should I be looking for.
thanks

SurfOnH20
05-01-2007, 09:58 PM
Have you looked at any of the Bennington or JC pontoons? They are very nice with a good range of engine options. There are a few people on this forum (including me) who own one of them. Now that I have one I cant believe I waited so long to get one. Believe me when it comes to being out on the lake all day you will be glad you have it. Good luck!

phebus
05-01-2007, 10:06 PM
After just going through the same thing, I realized it's no different then buying any other boat. Buy as much power and as much length as you can afford, and then spend more.

79centurion
05-02-2007, 03:31 AM
Spend less and get more beer:D Seriously get something that is reliable and fun. They arent made for speed, but made for drinking and having a bbq.
Dan

shueman
05-02-2007, 04:06 AM
If you want performance handling, look at the Manitou... :cool:

fatboy95
05-02-2007, 04:39 AM
If you want performance handling, look at the Manitou... :cool:
check out Playcraft with the 496 HO or twin Merc 250's

TAF
05-02-2007, 05:02 AM
I am looking at a couple of pontoons. Both are 24 feet in length one has a 115 outboard standard setup a Grandou by Tahoe. The other has a yamaha v6 150 with an added quarter toon in the center and sheet metal added to the bottom. this one is a sun seaker
What should I be looking for.
thanks
Yamaha 150 as long as it runs good....."more power" and the extra 'toon will help too. I've had 2 diff. underpowered pontoons :( the first a 115 and currently a 75 Force on a 24 '. It came w/ a comping enclosure and dbl. biminis so I grabbed it. It's the slowest thing on the lake but you tend to see more beauty :sqeyes: (natural and manmade) at slower speeds. The lake patrol don't bother ya at all either. :D