PDA

View Full Version : Trailer breaks in havasu

prosthogod
05-01-2007, 04:11 PM
Anybody know where to take the boat trailer to have the brakes bled and adjusted?
I also need the bunks redone?

Beer-30
05-01-2007, 04:15 PM
If you are having them redone, that would be the time they would need to be adjusted and bled.
During normal use, they adjust themselves.
Bleeding air out is only required if air gets in. If air is getting into the brake lines, they would not be working anyway.

prosthogod
05-01-2007, 04:21 PM
I'm thinking I may have water in the lines , because they just slam forward on stopping and slam back on acceleration. basically the trailer brakes aren't doing anything.

dicudmore
05-01-2007, 04:23 PM
I'm thinking I may have water in the lines , because they just slam forward on stopping and slam back on acceleration. basically the trailer brakes aren't doing anything.
lol sounds like a boat trailer :wink: I'm told Gary's RV/Marine/Auto next to terribles on Lake Havasu Ave works on trailers, along with Mohave hitch

prosthogod
05-01-2007, 04:27 PM
lol sounds like a boat trailer :wink: I'm told Gary's RV/Marine/Auto next to terribles on Lake Havasu Ave works on trailers, along with Mohave hitch
now I may look stupid,,,,,,:D but this is a relativly new problem on a boat/trailer I owned for 4yrs:

dicudmore
05-01-2007, 04:30 PM
now I may look stupid,,,,,,:D but this is a relativly new problem on a boat/trailer I owned for 4yrs:
lol I didn't say it was SUPPOSED to do that--but all of mine sure have. The WORST trailer I ever had was the Extreme under my Ultra. Only weird thing about this aluminum Owens is they lock up at times, especially wet.

Not So Fast
05-01-2007, 04:35 PM
Coach Services, Gary Nickerson 680-4200. He ran enduro trailer until it was sold or closed, whatever but he is who I use and have had good luck and fair prices. Works out of his garage now, big ass garage. NSF