PDA

View Full Version : Best place to hang out in at Mojave?

mdunn01
05-01-2007, 05:01 PM
I will be at Lake Mojave on Memorial weekend, whats the best place to kick it in a cove? Where?
Mike

djunkie
05-01-2007, 05:02 PM
Probably gasoline alley.

HOOTER SLED-
05-01-2007, 05:05 PM
Yup GA it is. If you are lookin for a party that is. Not as crazy as Havi, but just enough. Have fun waitin to pull off the water at Katherines for 2 hours though..................seriously. If your boat is small enough, launch at Telephone Cove instead. :)

Pheelin Phroggy
05-01-2007, 05:07 PM
Gasoline Alley is pretty cool, just not very big.... if your looking for nice sand, go south towards the dam, some big coves (or more like lakeshore) and alot of partying going on there. If your looking for a good run, and your boats big enough and not afraid of some afternoon rollers, run up to owls point, I think its about the 48 mile marker. We will probably be up there... launch at cottonwood, not as many dumbshi...s or lake lice running around.
Have fun!

mdunn01
05-01-2007, 05:13 PM
I always launch out of Telephone and its fast and easy. last big weekend there I was able to pull my boat out in like 15 mins, incredible..
So, if i leave telephone cove, where is GA from there?
Mike

pixilatedpussy
05-01-2007, 05:20 PM
I will be at Lake Mojave on Memorial weekend, whats the best place to kick it in a cove? Where?
Mike
On Memorial.....Yikes..you my friend are brave.:D ;) Gasoline is the party place...get there early! But if you have kiddies...just get out on the water early and search....everything is just lovely there! If you head out of Katherines & turn left...go around the rocks in the middle there is a cove on the left....our kids love to wakeboard there...nice sandy beaches & in the back corner to the right is an awesome little area. Great for fishing!

mdunn01
05-01-2007, 05:28 PM
Yea I know I am brave that weekend but I am going to get there early friday morning, go out and enjoy. Go out agian on saturday and sunday come home early and beat the traffic.
I will spend a little bit of time with the kids taking them out to ride the raft and yank them around a bit and than its the girlfriend and myself looking for a place to hang with the adults as they are being watched by friends...our time!

27 Awesome cat
05-01-2007, 05:29 PM
I always launch out of Telephone and its fast and easy. last big weekend there I was able to pull my boat out in like 15 mins, incredible..
Mike
Just north about 8 coves on the right hand side..

pixilatedpussy
05-01-2007, 05:29 PM
Yea I know I am brave that weekend but I am going to get there early friday morning, go out and enjoy. Go out agian on saturday and sunday come home early and beat the traffic.
I will spend a little bit of time with the kids taking them out to ride the raft and yank them around a bit and than its the girlfriend and myself looking for a place to hang with the adults as they are being watched by friends...our time!
Have a super time & play safe!;)

Ziggy
05-01-2007, 05:34 PM
F Mohave :D :D :D
j/k
We used to hit a nice cove on the Ca. side just about where it opens up to the main basin.

mobldj
05-01-2007, 05:35 PM
going up wensday to try to get a slip in kathrines....who knows if i will but worth a try,the launch ramp will be a zoo on the weekend,thats a long walk to the top if your stuck up there.

mdunn01
05-01-2007, 05:45 PM
I am going to be there on Friday AM, would like to meet a few fellow HB members and my boat is very easy to spot, probably the only Cole T-deck out there. Or is it a TR-3, TR-10, TR.RRRR, TR-69...yea its a freaking TR-69.
Anyway, would like to meet up with a few if i can.
Mike

ultra26shadow
05-01-2007, 06:15 PM
Telephone cove aint bad on memorial I always launch out of there on Memorial and it's always quick, Gasoline Alley is cool but the cops are just waitning for you now outside of the alley and do a full boat inspection and alcohol check, make sure you have enough vests for all the people on your boat

mdunn01
05-01-2007, 06:18 PM
Life vest, man i keep 5 under the bow and those are the cheap ones. Than i have 4 more all stuffed next to the seats in fast reach, thats one area I wont ever get nailed on. I keep more than the right amount for whomever is on the boat.
Mike

warlock 27
05-01-2007, 06:43 PM
We go to mohave most of the time because the rooms are super cheep and you can get a slip most of the time in the summer down there. Also its not crezy like havasu on the weekends. if you go to lake mohave the best beach is at the 9 mile maker, its all sand, NO ROCKS and lots of room to play.

finsfan4life
05-01-2007, 06:47 PM
Mike
Right under the large power towers (just about)...about 1.5 to 2 miles from K/l....

halfhers
05-01-2007, 07:40 PM
We go to mohave most of the time because the rooms are super cheep and you can get a slip most of the time in the summer down there. Also its not crezy like havasu on the weekends. if you go to lake mohave the best beach is at the 9 mile maker, its all sand, NO ROCKS and lots of room to play.
is there a name for that cove? has anyone tried a cove name "83 dollar" cove? :D

H2O
05-01-2007, 10:07 PM
Are there any nice hotels on/near Mojave? Doesn't have to be fancy just clean and comfortable.

lewiville
05-01-2007, 10:19 PM
mojave suck ass. people poop in the water

phebus
05-01-2007, 10:20 PM
83 dollar cove. Best beach and cove on Mochoppy

lewiville
05-01-2007, 10:29 PM
it has poopy water, they is pooped in there. with memorial weekend there will be tons of poop. poopty poopoo poop poop. so much poop you could have blind mullet races all day long and never rnning out of poop. look out theres a poop floating behind you.

TAF
05-02-2007, 05:38 AM
Gasoline Alley is pretty cool, just not very big.... if your looking for nice sand, go south towards the dam, some big coves (or more like lakeshore) and alot of partying going on there. If your looking for a good run, and your boats big enough and not afraid of some afternoon rollers, run up to owls point, I think its about the 48 mile marker. We will probably be up there... launch at cottonwood, not as many dumbshi...s or lake lice running around.
Have fun!
Previuosly HB.com posted pics from the 80's of a guy posing :( in a water cave was in Gasoline Alley. Great cliff jumping there too. Gotta love those 12 strippers :sqeyes: on a houseboat yrs. back for put everyone in the mood. Yes, it is an adult type place at times.:idea: :D

TAF
05-02-2007, 05:41 AM
I am going to be there on Friday AM, would like to meet a few fellow HB members and my boat is very easy to spot, probably the only Cole T-deck out there. Or is it a TR-3, TR-10, TR.RRRR, TR-69...yea its a freaking TR-69.
Anyway, would like to meet up with a few if i can.
Mike
Hell of a windy lake to get caught on in a flattie:sqeyes: :D

Debbolas
05-02-2007, 05:49 AM
:D I would launch before 8am and get off the water by 3pm (to avoid the 2-3 hour wait) Last Memorial weekend the launch line was past the Ranger station:jawdrop:
With your boat I would stick close to Katherines...there are a bunch of sandy places if you go out of the marina and turn left toward the dam. Go early and snag a spot.
Gasoline alley is fun, adult. We hung out there by the rocks (not actually in the alley) because we had our kids with us and don't ya know a pontoon boat with an older, flabby women flashed our kids....They wanted to poke their eyes out with sticks "I'm blind!!!":jawdrop:
Good luck and have fun. :D Just remember most people that boat on Memorial do it only once a few years, so be prepared for idiot drivers :jawdrop:

lewiville
05-02-2007, 06:30 AM
so I guess what Im trying to say is mojave isnt that great:eek: you shouldnt go there:idea:

mdunn01
05-02-2007, 07:04 AM
I have been to Mojave a few times, just never really went around much. I have rooms in Laughlin, got a great deal at the Ramada Express at $89 a night for that weekend, thats not bad people. Anyway, I have to entertain kids and family and than its off to have fun so i needed to know where to go to hang out. I think next time I am going to go to Topoc and stay at AVI and launch there and than go down the river from AVI.
Anyway, Telephone has always been easy to get in and out of on busy weekends for me, my little Cole is easy to launch and put back on the trailer. So i guess another question is, that Sandy beach down next to CL, is that accessible by car as well?
Mike

nodigg
05-02-2007, 07:12 AM
Best place to hang out in at Mojave?
The DILLIGAF Resort!

CampbellCarl
05-02-2007, 10:16 AM
Mike
Only access i know of is 4X4 thru Chirstmas Tree Pass on Nevada side to Telephone Cove (Nevada Side) accross from Telephone Cove (AZ side).
Rick,
I hear the DILLIGAF resort is kinda pricey, on the other hand, Campbell Carl's Casa De Relaxo can be accessed nearly any weekend for a small stack of BL's!
CC

mdunn01
05-02-2007, 10:43 AM
Thanks Carl for the Info...
Mike

nodigg
05-02-2007, 12:53 PM
Mike
Only access i know of is 4X4 thru Chirstmas Tree Pass on Nevada side to Telephone Cove (Nevada Side) accross from Telephone Cove (AZ side).
Rick,
I hear the DILLIGAF resort is kinda pricey, on the other hand, Campbell Carl's Casa De Relaxo can be accessed nearly any weekend for a small stack of BL's!
CC
Now you opened yourself up on that one! Address and phone number please!:D Oh yeah, and define "small stack":idea:

DILLIGAF
05-02-2007, 12:56 PM
CC
Expensive, yes...memorable, yes! :)
Where were you Sat night?

warlock 27
05-02-2007, 07:53 PM
mdunnol got your massage and replied put i got logged out and i could not send you a picture of the beach its not the best picture, and my misstake where the tree is on the far side there are some rocks.
http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w228/warlock_019/CodysPromotionRiverReunionBoat142.jpg
hope this helps.. and i might be there not sure

Outnumbered
05-05-2007, 03:12 PM
Anybody taken a Toy Box/Travel trailer down to the NV side of Telephone Cove lately? We used to camp there years ago before they cleared it and graded the road off Hwy 163.
Since Mead is looking bad this year we were kicking around doing some Mohave camping this year.
Any rif-raff there on a regular basis? How about getting a 30 foot hauler down there to camp on the beach?
Thanks

mdunn01
05-22-2007, 06:39 PM
I am still going, would love to hook up with some other people who have kids. I will be there with my girlfriend and 3 kids.
Mike