PDA

View Full Version : To all that protest and march!! >>>>>>>>>>>

Not So Fast
05-01-2007, 06:21 PM
This is for all the protesters. I posted this earlier but I thought the evening crowd might like to see it. The way it used to be and should be today, read on!!!
Theodore Roosevelt's ideas on Immigrants and being an AMERICAN in 1907.
"In the first place, we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace, or origin. But this is predicated upon the person's becoming in every facet an American, and nothing but an American...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."
Theodore Roosevelt 1907
NSF

Devil's Advocate
05-01-2007, 06:26 PM
Amen to that!!

beaverretriever
05-01-2007, 06:27 PM
AWESOME, and from the BEST President ever. :)
My father and I are big Teddy R fans.

LUVNLIFE
05-01-2007, 06:55 PM
Hey bobby, I put a new American flag sticker on the truck just for today:D

finsfan4life
05-01-2007, 07:17 PM
I am Chicano (born here) but my family of course are from Mexico. Here is my opinion: If immigrants come here to better themslves and respect the Laws of this state and country, learn english as soon as possible, I am all for it. If people want to come her to: sell drugs, join gangs, blow away the top of a head of a 4 year old girl while she's biting into her ice cream at a local "7-11" while some stupid ass shaved head gangster (wearing a Raider jersey of course) does a drive by to earn his stripes, abuse are welfare system, refuse to learn english, piss on are land after consuming 10 beers then driving home and endangering our families and children, commit crimes, disrespect the fact that this is now AMERICA and not the past Mexico (or whatever the hell people want to claim it was), then do me a favor GO THE HELL BACK !!!! I know people are not going to agree, but in my line of work (take a guess), I see and have to deal with (on a daily basis) these damn dirty and nasty immigrants that embarass us all.
Our "people" need to put our "people" on check. I am often asked by many of my customers (of the same decent) to give them a break ! after they commited some senseless crime, because I am part of the Raza. HELL NO !!! I will give them break alright, I be more than happy to pay for their bus fare to send them back to TJ !!!! The people who came here and made good should appreciate what this country has done for them. Instead of marching in protest, they should march in appreciation !!! GOD BLESS AMERICA....

Boatcop
05-01-2007, 07:36 PM
Snopes confirms his writings, and posts others, from speeches he gave after leaving the Presidency. It's too lengthy to post it all here, but it makes for and excellent read.
http://www.snopes.com/politics/quotes/troosevelt.asp
We should have heeded his word.

Troy McClure
05-01-2007, 08:13 PM
I don't have time to read the whole snopes article but this sort of hits home with the situation our country finds itself in today. A quote from Teddy....
"Let us say to the immigrant not that we hope he will learn English, but that he has got to learn it. Let the immigrant who does not learn it go back. He has got to consider the interest of the United States or he should not stay here. He must be made to see that his opportunities in this country depend upon his knowing English and observing American standards. The employer cannot be permitted to regard him only as an industrial asset.
"We must in every way possible encourage the immigrant to rise, help him up, give him a chance to help himself. If we try to carry him he may well prove not well worth carrying. We must in turn insist upon his showing the same standard of fealty to this country and to join with us in raising the level of our common American citizenship.
"If I could I would have the kind of restriction which would not allow any immigrant to come here unless I was content that his grandchildren would be fellow-citizens of my grandchildren. They will not be so if he lives in a boarding house at $2.50 per month with ten other boarders and contracts tuberculosis and contributes to the next generation a body of citizens inferior not only morally and spiritually but also physically."1
Also as a note this was meant for LEGAL immigrants, I wounder what his take would be on the situation today. :sqeyes:

Not So Fast
05-02-2007, 07:18 AM
I am Chicano (born here) but my family of course are from Mexico. Here is my opinion: If immigrants come here to better themslves and respect the Laws of this state and country, learn english as soon as possible, I am all for it. If people want to come her to: sell drugs, join gangs, blow away the top of a head of a 4 year old girl while she's biting into her ice cream at a local "7-11" while some stupid ass shaved head gangster (wearing a Raider jersey of course) does a drive by to earn his stripes, abuse are welfare system, refuse to learn english, piss on are land after consuming 10 beers then driving home and endangering our families and children, commit crimes, disrespect the fact that this is now AMERICA and not the past Mexico (or whatever the hell people want to claim it was), then do me a favor GO THE HELL BACK !!!! I know people are not going to agree, but in my line of work (take a guess), I see and have to deal with (on a daily basis) these damn dirty and nasty immigrants that embarass us all.
Our "people" need to put our "people" on check. I am often asked by many of my customers (of the same decent) to give them a break ! after they commited some senseless crime, because I am part of the Raza. HELL NO !!! I will give them break alright, I be more than happy to pay for their bus fare to send them back to TJ !!!! The people who came here and made good should appreciate what this country has done for them. Instead of marching in protest, they should march in appreciation !!! GOD BLESS AMERICA....
Here, here, Fin Fan!!!!!!!!! Tell it like it is!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NSF