PDA

View Full Version : 65 inch HDTV for $600.00

Jyruiz
05-01-2007, 06:50 PM
I went plasma, so my Toshiba 65HX81 is for sale. This TV has been professionally calibrated for HD and DVD, and it has been cleaned and tuned up every year by me. Here is a picture I took right before I installed the new TV. $600.00 takes it.
http://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=29987&stc=1&d=1178074127

Beer-30
05-01-2007, 07:03 PM
It is clear that you know your stuff when it comes to TVs, so I know someone will get a nice unit here.
On a different note;
You obviously have a very understanding wife - or you're single - as most ladies wouldn't stand for such a magnificent display of electronics.

Jyruiz
05-01-2007, 07:08 PM
It is clear that you know your stuff when it comes to TVs, so I know someone will get a nice unit here.
On a different note;
You obviously have a very understanding wife - or you're single - as most ladies wouldn't stand for such a magnificent display of electronics.
Married here, and yes bro, my wife is very understanding, but I gave that up for a 50" plasma and a credenza that hides all the components. Now you only see the left right speakers and the subs.

Beer-30
05-01-2007, 07:13 PM
Well, I still say you are ahead of the game. Mine was stongly against anything (other than the sub) on the floor. No towers. I had to go in-wall. I am happy with my Paradigms, but towers would always be better. These were the happy medium between good sound and divorce.
She never said I couldn't have the towers. She just said "I'm certain you'll make the right decision".
Oh, and by the way - has there even been a better invention than HDMI? One cable instead of four!!!

Jyruiz
05-01-2007, 07:18 PM
Well, I still say you are ahead of the game. Mine was stongly against anything (other than the sub) on the floor. No towers. I had to go in-wall. I am happy with my Paradigms, but towers would always be better. These were the happy medium between good sound and divorce.
She never said I couldn't have the towers. She just said "I'm certain you'll make the right decision".
Oh, and by the way - has there even been a better invention than HDMI? One cable instead of four!!!
Hey, inwall speakers are better than none, my towers have real Brazilian rosewood veneer and glossy black top and bottom end caps, so they look real nice and the wife agreed. I got them for the sound though, but the nice look helped a lot.
HDMI was long over due, I don't even know why they bothered with DVI.

djunkie
05-01-2007, 07:23 PM
Baller!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D :D

Partycattin
05-01-2007, 07:27 PM
How old is it?
I have a 50" Mitsubishi that is starting to give me problems. Thing is like 13 years old. Thought I would get a few more years out of it, but I guess 13 is a decent run.

Partycattin
05-01-2007, 07:27 PM
How old is it?
I have a 50" Mitsubishi that is starting to give me problems. Thing is like 13 years old. Thought I would get a few more years out of it, but I guess 13 is a decent run.

Jyruiz
05-01-2007, 07:29 PM
How old is it?
It is going to be 6 years in June. What is wrong with your Mits?

Partycattin
05-01-2007, 08:04 PM
It is going to be 6 years in June. What is wrong with your Mits?
It's flickering a lot.
When we turn it on at night, the screen runs like the verticle hold needs to be adjusted. Except there does not appear to be a verticle hold adjustment. After about 3 minutes it stop but some things are not clear. One example is if your watching a baseball game, the scores at the top of the screen are leaning to the right, like it's Italicized.
My other Mitsu is 18+ years old. It works great but doesn't get as much use as the 50.

Jyruiz
05-01-2007, 10:35 PM
It's flickering a lot.
When we turn it on at night, the screen runs like the verticle hold needs to be adjusted. Except there does not appear to be a verticle hold adjustment. After about 3 minutes it stop but some things are not clear. One example is if your watching a baseball game, the scores at the top of the screen are leaning to the right, like it's Italicized.
My other Mitsu is 18+ years old. It works great but doesn't get as much use as the 50.
Sounds like the guns are becoming unstable, the guns have coolent in them and onece they warm up, it stabilizes a little. If it is the guns, or even one of them, you will not want to pay to repair the set.

lilrick
05-01-2007, 10:38 PM
I want it!! I'll take it! 562 307 5578

Jyruiz
05-01-2007, 10:46 PM
I want it!! I'll take it! 562 307 5578
Two peeps are in front of you bro, if any of them don't come thru, I will let you know.

YELLOW BEARD
05-02-2007, 08:44 AM
put me in the line.I will take it if everybody else passes.

Jyruiz
05-02-2007, 06:19 PM
Thanks for everybodies interest, but the TV has been sold.

sc fab 1
05-02-2007, 10:55 PM
just finished hooking it up. man i really like that thing! :D :D .....
thanks
jy

Jyruiz
05-03-2007, 06:27 AM
just finished hooking it up. man i really like that thing! :D :D .....
thanks
jy
No problem bro, I am glad it went to somebody in here, I really enjoyed having that TV and it will be missed.