PDA

View Full Version : FLAT HISTORY

CALIFORNIA PERFORMANCE
05-13-2003, 07:13 PM
Who built the best flat back in the day? Also i have not seen more than 6 eliminator flats why? Were they not popular? I would also like to find more info on eliminator flats and how they rate. For thoses of you that have seem my hull is it a good one? What was it built for? River boat?
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/524/499boatonramp-med.jpg I like the deck on this boat also like how far back the motor is fron the driver seat un like thr roundy round boats wink

cal***boat
05-13-2003, 07:49 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by CALIFORNIA PERFORMANCE:
[QB] Who built the best flat back in the day? Also i have not seen more than 6 eliminator flats why? Were they not popular? I would also like to find more info on eliminator flats and how they rate. For thoses of you that have seem my hull is it a good one? What was it built for? River boat?
Thats a real good question and i'am sure your going to get alot of different answers on that one.
As far the Eliminator flats go you sure don't see very many of them around because they did not build alot of them.
I sold my Eliminator flat to a friend of mine about 4-5 years ago as a project boat and i think he still has it sitting in the back storage yard and may be up for sale.
If you hear of anyone looking for one i could contact him and see if he still has it and if it is sale.

V-DRIVE VIDEO
05-13-2003, 08:09 PM
Marty, I've seen several of these Eliminator flats over the years. Chuck boyd (Hobbit Fame) made a K-boat out of one in the early days. Swing by and I'll role you some old movies. :cool: Jerry

CALIFORNIA PERFORMANCE
05-13-2003, 08:15 PM
Yea Jerry will do, i bet you have some good footage.

Sleek-Jet
05-13-2003, 09:08 PM
cal***boat:
I sold my Eliminator flat to a friend of mine about 4-5 years ago as a project boat and i think he still has it sitting in the back storage yard and may be up for sale.
If you hear of anyone looking for one i could contact him and see if he still has it and if it is sale. I might be interested if he would be willing to trade. If he's interested, let me know.

cal***boat
05-13-2003, 09:14 PM
I don't think he would be interested in doing any trades.
He is going thru a divorce right now and i think it would be cash only.
Send me PM with your phone number and i can have him get in touch with you

CALIFORNIA PERFORMANCE
05-14-2003, 04:33 PM
Why do some boats have one skeg?fin? in the middle and others have two.

DUCKY
05-14-2003, 08:51 PM
Usually, the ski and circle race rigs have two skegs for quicker turning, and the drag rigs have one for less drag....pun intended..... :D

cal***boat
05-14-2003, 08:58 PM
My sanger circle boat has one skeg but it is huge.
It looks like 2 skegs the way it is build with one smaller one in front the second one that hangs about 3" lower then the front one.
I guess it must work because this thing can really turn left.

v-drive
05-15-2003, 03:20 AM
When I bought my 66 Lavey Craft I was told it was a drag flat. Since then everyone has commented that it is a circle Boat. It has a single skeg so what does everyone think?
Thanks. :cool: v-drive
[ May 15, 2003, 04:22 AM: Message edited by: v-drive ]

Thunderbutt
05-15-2003, 08:13 PM
v-drive:
When I bought my 66 Lavey Craft I was told it was a drag flat. Since then everyone has commented that it is a circle Boat. It has a single skeg so what does everyone think?
Thanks. :cool: v-drive Which way is the motor instaled?

v-drive
05-16-2003, 03:03 AM
It's driven off the flywheel so I'm guessing that is backwards . :cool: v-drive

cal***boat
05-16-2003, 12:49 PM
CIRCLE BOATS ARE DRIVEN OFF THE FRONT OF THE CRANK LIKE MY SANGER