PDA

View Full Version : BOTE ANNA--The Plan

Wet Dream
05-02-2007, 09:26 AM
June 9th is coming up quickly and its time to have something that resembles a plan. Over the past 5 years we've gone from humble beginnings standing in muddy water to a full spread in Hot Boat magazine. Last year was busy beyond belief, with the helicopter, planes, bikes, street rods, boats and everything else, its going to be hard to top that one. And to be honest...we're not going to try to. We're going back to a little more old school and laid back.
The Boating This is probably the most important part of this whole Anna thing. Your safety and the safety of everone around you is paramount!!! If you bring your boat, you are responsible for whatever happens to it or your passengers. What you do with your boat is your business. If you choose to hit something with it, on purpose or by accident, or let someone else do it, you are responsible for getting it resolved. If your boat is in the water or on land, you will not be able to hold BOTE or anyone associated for any damage, injuries or loss. Can I make that any more clear? THERE ARE NO BOATING RELATED EVENTS SET UP THIS YEAR. Everything is related to land events only. Mufflers or baffles are a MUST at Jacks. If you don't have them, you have 3 options: make them, buy them, or don't fire up the boat.
The Lodge is almost full. There are only 2 rooms left for the 8th and 9th.
The Lighthouse Booked solid.
Thursday Night Unofficial-Some of us will be arriving then. Generally, people are on your own for food, but the party usually finds itself out back of the Lodge.
Friday Unofficial- Go shopping, or swimming, or whatever makes you happy.
Friday NightUnofficial- Generally a good night for potluck, or fend for yourself. You can bring your own BBQ, or in the past we've had people bring out trays of something they've brought to share.
SaturdayUnofficial- Sleep off the hangover, and head to Jack's for lunch.
Jack and the Lake Anna Boaters Assn will have info posted in another thread.
Saturday Night This is our OFFICIAL gathering. We'll be having a little party at the Lodge. Again, dinner is up to you. If a bunch of people want to put together the plans for a full scale potluck, have at it. This is where we will be holding the raffle, giving away gift certificates, door prizes, and a 50/50.
The Raffle Always a fun event. Again, this year, we are asking everyone to bring something to raffle off. It doesn't have to have anything to do with boating. It doesn't have to be expensive or extravagant. You can donate it annonymously, or put your name on it for recognition. If its an adult item, please wrap it so if there are any kids there, they don't see it. The proceeds from last year went to Childrens Miracle Network.
The Bar Once again, asking people to bring a small bottle of your preferred drink. I do stock the bar with things that I usually have around, especially the margaritas, but it does get expensive on big weekends like this. Alot of people in the past have donated or brought their own bottle to share and I thank you. We don't charge for drinks, its more like a liquor cabinet. ;)
T-Shirts Awesome design!! You can pre-order (http://www.***boat.com/forums/showthread.php?t=148590) your shirts now and pay for them when you get there.
The Weather There is nothing we can do about the weather, other than hope its a beautiful weekend. We can always count on a thunderstorm to blow through, so don't let that stop you.
The Boating This is probably the most important part of this whole Anna thing. Your safety and the safety of everone around you is paramount!!! If you bring your boat, you are responsible for whatever happens to it or your passengers. What you do with your boat is your business. If you choose to hit something with it, on purpose or by accident, or let someone else do it, you are responsible for getting it resolved. If your boat is in the water or on land, you will not be able to hold BOTE or anyone associated for any damage, injuries or loss. Can I make that any more clear? THERE ARE NO BOATING RELATED EVENTS SET UP THIS YEAR. Everything is realted to land events only. Mufflers or baffles are a MUST at Jacks. If you don't have them, you have 3 options: make them, buy them, or don't fire up the boat while at Jack's.
Yes, its on here twice. Just in case someone missed it the first time. ;)
Any questions or suggestions?

drejustice
05-03-2007, 11:29 AM
Thanks for planning and putting up the info. Much appreciated.:)

LynnsJet
05-04-2007, 04:27 AM
:) Should be another great get together this year.
Is anyone bringing anything new and interesting this year?
New Boats? New Stuff? New Toys? (we all like our toys)

sunkisst
05-06-2007, 05:13 PM
Three years ago,I won the "BIG" prize. It was ,or still is,a big-ass turkey fryer.I have never used it.I will return it for re-raffle.I just hope that it goes to someone that might use the thing!!!See you guys and gals at BOTE #6.Jack.

publicnuisance
05-08-2007, 05:45 AM
June 9th is coming up quickly and its time to have something that resembles a plan. Over the past 5 years we've gone from humble beginnings standing in muddy water to a full spread in Hot Boat magazine. Last year was busy beyond belief, with the helicopter, planes, bikes, street rods, boats and everything else, its going to be hard to top that one. And to be honest...we're not going to try to. We're going back to a little more old school and laid back.
The Boating This is probably the most important part of this whole Anna thing. Your safety and the safety of everone around you is paramount!!! If you bring your boat, you are responsible for whatever happens to it or your passengers. The lanes will be set up, and 2 ONLY. Any more than 2, you get a ticket. Thats all I'm saying about that. What you do with your boat is your business. If you choose to hit something with it, on purpose or by accident, or let someone else do it, you are responsible for getting it resolved. If your boat is in the water or on land, you will not be able to hold BOTE or anyone associated for any damage, injuries or loss. Can I make that any more clear?
Mufflers or baffles are a MUST at Jacks. If you don't have them, you have 3 options: make them, buy them, or don't fire up the boat.
The Lodge is almost full. There are only 2 rooms left for the 8th and 9th.
The Lighthouse Booked solid.
Thursday Night Some of us will be arriving then. Generally, people are on your own for food, but the party usually finds itself out back of the Lodge.
Friday Hit the lake. Anyone up for an afternoon cruise? Details coming up in its own thread.
Friday Night Generally a good night for potluck, or fend for yourself. You can bring your own BBQ, or in the past we've had people bring out trays of something they've brought to share.
Saturday Hit the lake, or sleep off the hangover, and head to Jack's for lunch.
Jack and the Lake Anna Boaters Assn will have info posted in another thread.
Saturday Night We'll be having a little party at the Lodge. Again, dinner is up to you. If a bunch of people want to put together the plans for a full scale potluck, have at it. This is where we will be holding the raffle, giving away gift certificates, door prizes, and a 50/50.
The Raffle Always a fun event. Again, this year, we are asking everyone to bring something to raffle off. It doesn't have to have anything to do with boating. It doesn't have to be expensive or extravagant. You can donate it annonymously, or put your name on it for recognition. If its an adult item, please wrap it so if there are any kids there, they don't see it. The proceeds from last year went to Childrens Miracle Network.
The Bar Once again, asking people to bring a small bottle of your preferred drink. I do stock the bar with things that I usually have around, especially the margaritas, but it does get expensive on big weekends like this. Alot of people in the past have donated or brought their own bottle to share and I thank you. We don't charge for drinks, its more like a liquor cabinet. ;)
T-Shirts Awesome design!! You can pre-order (http://www.***boat.com/forums/showthread.php?t=148590) your shirts now and pay for them when you get there.
The Weather There is nothing we can do about the weather, other than hope its a beautiful weekend. We can always count on a thunderstorm to blow through, so don't let that stop you.
The Boating This is probably the most important part of this whole Anna thing. Your safety and the safety of everone around you is paramount!!! If you bring your boat, you are responsible for whatever happens to it or your passengers. The lanes will be set up, and 2 ONLY. Any more than 2, you get a ticket. Thats all I'm saying about that. What you do with your boat is your business. If you choose to hit something with it, on purpose or by accident, or let someone else do it, you are responsible for getting it resolved. If your boat is in the water or on land, you will not be able to hold BOTE or anyone associated for any damage, injuries or loss. Can I make that any more clear?
Mufflers or baffles are a MUST at Jacks. If you don't have them, you have 3 options: make them, buy them, or don't fire up the boat.
Yes, its on here twice. Just in case someone missed it the first time. ;)
Any questions or suggestions?
What do you mean 2 lanes? I don't understand

LynnsJet
05-08-2007, 06:45 AM
2 lanes for racing. No 3 wide racing as it is too dangerous.

sunkisst
05-08-2007, 06:56 AM
publicnuisance,in years gone bye,we have been known to run 3&4 wide,this was pretty close running,right on the edge of VERY dangerous.I,myself did it too.I am glad someone came up with the 2 lane idea!

VD CRUISER
05-08-2007, 08:38 AM
Thanks for clearing that up, I didn't know what it meant either.

sunkisst
05-08-2007, 04:46 PM
Wet Dream says" You are responsible for your boat on, or off water".Ask Hammer,Did he made restitution for the tree?

publicnuisance
05-09-2007, 04:36 AM
publicnuisance,in years gone bye,we have been known to run 3&4 wide,this was pretty close running,right on the edge of VERY dangerous.I,myself did it too.I am glad someone came up with the 2 lane idea!
Thank you, I will see you in June...

moparjet
05-09-2007, 06:38 AM
Are The Cops Gonna Be Ther Watching Our Every Move?

redleader@Anna
05-09-2007, 04:10 PM
you know it!!:D

limejet
05-14-2007, 01:50 PM
Thanks for the info looking forward to seeing you all again..Randy and Pat..Oh and we won't bring any gators with us:cool:

Wet Dream
05-29-2007, 05:37 PM
There have been some changes to the detail. Please read the first thread, and make sure you let everyone know the rules. We are continuing to set an example of what great Boaters we are.

Gearhead2k
05-30-2007, 07:38 AM
I think the rules are good, considering I came with a few nuckle heads :devil: the past 2 years, I know how unruly things can get.... and I will be sure to pass the word on for ya :-)
I agree Lynn - "Should be another great get together this year.
Is anyone bringing anything new and interesting this year?
New Boats? New Stuff? New Toys? (we all like our toys)"
http://www.lampworketc.com/forums/uploadedimages.php?viewid=62597
I brought my toy last year - I will be bringing it again and the two knuckle heads with 2 jet boats - My Ski can hang with the big boys (well sort of Super Charged Turbo 215hp hehe) I'm a good boater though No worries :D
Hope to see you all there
Christina

drejustice
05-30-2007, 08:54 AM
Hey,
The wife wanted to if the flip cup games are returning and which night if so:) ?

jets4me
05-30-2007, 10:57 AM
flip cup is in the plans

Thunderbolt
05-30-2007, 01:36 PM
I'll be bringing my {for now} rat rod jet boat we are almost done with the motor, the paintjob is just going to have to wait.. till winter... some parts are a lil hard to find that I need for the motor so I may be "under Construction" this time around and not hit the water with it {grrrrr} but I'll bring it just to get some ideas..

DelawareDave
05-30-2007, 02:41 PM
I'll be bringing my {for now} rat rod jet boat we are almost done with the motor, the paintjob is just going to have to wait.. till winter... some parts are a lil hard to find that I need for the motor so I may be "under Construction" this time around and not hit the water with it {grrrrr} but I'll bring it just to get some ideas..
Mine doesn't have any "bling" at all. Not even a rub rail. I was in a rush trying to get it ready to bring, so I just only did what was needed to run it. I put it in the water for the first time last weekend, looking for any issues, and will get to try it out this weekend, then drag it to Anna the weekend after that!

Wet Dream
06-02-2007, 08:12 AM
Ervin Capps, the original creator of the Cheyenne hull will be there Wednesday through I believe Sunday. He is volunteering to chechk the bottom of anyones hull if you desire. He'll be able to give you tips and ideas.

LynnsJet
06-02-2007, 11:58 AM
Ervin Capps, the original creator of the Cheyenne hull will be there Wednesday through I believe Sunday. He is volunteering to chechk the bottom of anyones hull if you desire. He'll be able to give you tips and ideas.
I would love to get some professional advice on my intake, loader and ride plate.

Wet Dream
06-04-2007, 05:46 PM
Got stuff to sell? Bring your parts and sell them off in the side yard on Saturday

Gearhead2k
06-05-2007, 08:20 AM
Got stuff to sell? Bring your parts and sell them off in the side yard on Saturday
I would like to know who do we need to give the donations to be auctioned off for the childrens network....:)
Also is it possible I could get Jacks physical address I have some friends coming down from Christoper Run.....Thanks so much!:D

hoie99
06-06-2007, 03:40 PM
Will there be racing to watch this year. It states that there will be no boating activities. Just curious. Thanks.

Thunderbolt
06-07-2007, 03:02 PM
ok smack me around later but were exactly is Jacks.. since it is my 1st time joining you guys, I live in Richmond.. thank you for any help

jets4me
06-07-2007, 03:28 PM
Jacks is by the island not to far from the dam if you are coming from the dam just before the island on the left is jacks house

Thunderbolt
06-07-2007, 05:13 PM
do I come up 33, 208 I guess what I am trying to say is coming from richmond.. guide me to the spot lol.. Oh and I forgot to mention.. I won't have the boat.. gremlins hit me today... boat won't fire grrrrrrr so I'll be coming by land and checking ya'lls boats out for a bit.. :(

Thunderbolt
06-08-2007, 12:09 PM
ummm it's friday.. no directions??? any help?

Thunderbolt
06-09-2007, 05:20 AM
hmm.. well its now Sat 9:00am and I know everyones already there.. guess I should have posted this earlier.. take lots a pics folks sorry I missed ya..
Someone tell me how to pay for the Tshirt I ordered and I'll get that taken care of ASAP..
Thx
:crossx:

Thunderbolt
06-09-2007, 11:27 PM
well I showed up, A friend of mine brought his fish and ski over and off we went.. got there and even made land.. walked around a bit and no one seemed to know anything of you guys even being there.. some even kinda a lil rude for my taste
--Brought money for Tshirt... no were did I see the shirts or anyone wearing them
--Brought Cellphones and some chargers... seen no place to drop em off, no "Blue box"
Lynnsjet, I seen your boat tho just never found ya. Boat looks great
--Brought 10 Tshirts, 3 auto alarms and 2 sets of "Competition Series" off road lights for your auction for the childrens network from "Outlaw Custom Trucks" {which I own} Seen no place to drop em off
Was I at Jacks?..
yes I was.. got 20-26 pics to prove it.. from land and water..
Did I see some of you there?..
yes.. but never found anyone..I saw your boats..
I was the guy in the blue fish and ski sitting off the islands taking pics from both sides of the gathering
Now I got a few questions..
1 who do I send the money to for the Tshirt I ordered? since I did show up
2 Do you guys usually spray folks with your rooster tails that are well out of the way and simply just watching...
you know who you are..
3 Are you guys and gals an exclusive club?..
4 Should I go elsewere to find people that are interested in helping folks trying to get into this sport and build a nice boat?

HammerDown
06-10-2007, 02:32 AM
well I showed up, A friend of mine brought his fish and ski over and off we went.. got there and even made land.. walked around a bit and no one seemed to know anything of you guys even being there.. some even kinda a lil rude for my taste
--Brought money for Tshirt... no were did I see the shirts or anyone wearing them
--Brought Cellphones and some chargers... seen no place to drop em off, no "Blue box"
Lynnsjet, I seen your boat tho just never found ya. Boat looks great
--Brought 10 Tshirts, 3 auto alarms and 2 sets of "Competition Series" off road lights for your auction for the childrens network from "Outlaw Custom Trucks" {which I own} Seen no place to drop em off
Was I at Jacks?..
I was the guy in the blue fish and ski sitting off the islands taking pics from both sides of the gathering
2 Do you guys usually spray folks with your rooster tails that are well out of the way and simply just watching...
you know who you are..
4 Should I go elsewere to find people that are interested in helping folks trying to get into this sport and build a nice boat?
Hmmmmm, I'm sure someone will get back to you about this.

Thunderbolt
06-10-2007, 03:00 AM
Thx Hammerdown,
{because I am new here} I was disoriented and felt out of place there, which is a lil rare for me.
I host an annual Toys For Tots Car/Truck Show here in Richmond, and a couple GTGs for a truck club. So yes I know sometimes it can get confusing, especially when your a new comer. But after we got sprayed intentionally and my friends cell phone and digi cam got soaked we figured it was time to go..needless to say he's kinda jacked outta shape.. I'll take care of his phone and cam because I asked him to come check you guys out..
I will say there was alot of nice boats out there. thumbs up to the owners. I'll post up some of the pics i got shortly

HammerDown
06-10-2007, 03:12 AM
Thx Hammerdown,
Not so much dissapointed {because I am new here} more like disoriented and felt totally out of place there, which is a lil rare for me.
I host an annual Toys For Tots Car/Truck Show here in Richmond, and a couple GTGs for a truck club. So yes I know sometimes it can get confusing, especially when your a new comer. But after we got sprayed intentionally and my friends cell phone and digi cam got soaked we figured it was time to go..needless to say he's kinda jacked outta shape.. I'll take care of his phone and cam because I asked him to come check you guys out..
I will say there was alot of nice boats out there. thumbs up to the owners. I'll post up some of the pics i got shortly
I would hope the spray down wasn't "intentional" . If you feel it was, maybe you could identify the Boat.

Thunderbolt
06-10-2007, 04:08 AM
umm yes sir I could and the 2 people in it.. we were anchored in 1.3 ft of water. taking pics of the drag lanes from the pictures I'll post shortly you'll see how far away we tried to stay so as not to interupt any activities..he passed us about 10-12 away about 1/2 throttle as he went by and got about 16-20ft away the rooster came.. maybe intentional is to harsh a word.. it's something I would never have done and didn't see anyone else doing it..but I'm not into name calling or pointing fingers, they know who they are, and I'm a good sport about stuff like this.. hey once mines finish.. those who soak.. get soaked
:crossx:

Thunderbolt
06-10-2007, 04:18 AM
The gathering
http://outlawcustomtrucks.com/boat/PIC00004.JPG
http://outlawcustomtrucks.com/boat/PIC00005.JPG
http://outlawcustomtrucks.com/boat/PIC00006.JPG
Having fun
http://outlawcustomtrucks.com/boat/PIC00007.JPG
http://outlawcustomtrucks.com/boat/PIC00008.JPG
http://outlawcustomtrucks.com/boat/PIC00009.JPG
http://outlawcustomtrucks.com/boat/PIC00010.JPG
http://outlawcustomtrucks.com/boat/PIC00011.JPG
The drag lanes {sorry no close ups}
http://outlawcustomtrucks.com/boat/PIC00018.JPG
http://outlawcustomtrucks.com/boat/PIC00019.JPG
http://outlawcustomtrucks.com/boat/PIC00020.JPG
http://outlawcustomtrucks.com/boat/PIC00021.JPG
http://outlawcustomtrucks.com/boat/PIC00023.JPG
thx for looking, was fun watching

Gearhead2k
06-10-2007, 07:14 AM
you know who you are..
I am sorry you were a bit disapointed...the first year I went with my Boyfriend ... he has a jet...it felt like the first day in class at a new school for us too....but as we got more and more into the sport/hobby we became acquainted with the way of "the force" if you will .... so I really hope you don't hold ill thoughts for those who didn't know anything they may have been new also :-) .... Everywhere you go that has to do with cars or boats or engines that are meant to perform it seems you run into "rude" people only b/c it's kinda of like grandma's recipe ;) You guys had a great view at the lake..... I do hope you come back next year
When we got there I found Lynn just by asking a few people (hey Lynn:D )... then he directed me to were the shirts were...and the shirts were there marked with all of our names and reserved just as promised ... and I also was able to donate a piece of jewelry to be auctioned off for the CMNW and was off to enjoy our time at the water.... A beautiful Day!
Wet Dream - if I could find out who the piece went to and if they liked it, I'm glad I could help out...See you all Next Year or out and about sometime this summer!!! :D

HammerDown
06-10-2007, 07:28 AM
Thunderbolt...thanks for the pic's, glad ya had good weather.;)

Slacker
06-10-2007, 08:58 AM
Sorry you had some issues at the BOTE. Everyone i have met there or here on the boards are generally good people who like to help out fellow boaters.
1. Talk to Wet Dream here on the boards for your shirt.
2. No way should this have happened to you or anyone, I wouldnt take it personally but i would be pissed too. I think that is why they are having issues up at the lake. Most of the time up there all you have are the jet skis and tubers.YOU will unfortunatly have a few screwups with a large gathering of people in a small space. I would chalk up the bad attitudes with the less than stellar weather.
3. Not that i am aware of, but you will have your certain groups that hang out together Richmond, NO VA and West VA. crowd etc...
4. I would say no, if you need something just let me know i will see if i can help or point you in the right direction. Thats what this site is for and i have received some good advice here.
Good luck and hope this helps.. CT

Thunderbolt
06-10-2007, 11:47 AM
it's all good.. thx for the replies I know stuff happens and no I don't hold ill thoughts.. I did see a place selling Tshirts but they weren't the ones I seen posted so thought it was someone else I simply couldn't seem to find anyone, I knew some of ya was there cause I seen your boats just no bodies lol
I'll get in touch with "Wet Dream" about the shirt, thx..

DelawareDave
06-10-2007, 01:54 PM
Sorry to hear you had some issues. If you saw LynnsJet's boat on Saturday, at least, WetDream was set up not far, to the left, facing the water, from his boat.
If you were down by the "drag lane", you were kinda at the opposite end. This was my first year at Anna, too.

DelawareDave
06-10-2007, 01:57 PM
I believe 737Jetmech won the jewelry.

LynnsJet
06-10-2007, 02:03 PM
... and I also was able to donate a piece of jewelry to be auctioned off for the CMNW and was off to enjoy our time at the water.... A beautiful Day!
Wet Dream - if I could find out who the piece went to and if they liked it, I'm glad I could help out...See you all Next Year or out and about sometime this summer!!! :D
Sounds like you had a good time. It was a pleasure meeting you and I know that Jetmech737's wife or daughters will enjoy the jewerly. It was really nice. Hope to see you again soon or next year for sure.
I think it was a great event again this year. There were a lot of new people there including the people from Florida who came a long way to attend. I hope they thought the trip was worthwhile and plan to come again next year.
I hope everyone made it home safely. I don't have a count on the phones yet but I will post a count after I rest up a bit.
Special thanks to Supersoaker and DelawareDave for helping me with my logistical problem.
See you all next year.

HammerDown
06-10-2007, 02:04 PM
I believe 737Jetmech won the jewelry.
737JetMech-Bob-A.K.A. (Mr Casual) is quite the Bling-Bling type of fella :D
Here he can be seen doing what he does best...being "casual".
At times we check for a pulse.
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/medium/1064Picture_010.jpg

rrocky
06-10-2007, 03:11 PM
We had a great time our first time to Anna, We will be back if you will have us.:D

Gearhead2k
06-11-2007, 07:47 AM
Sounds like you had a good time. It was a pleasure meeting you and I know that Jetmech737's wife or daughters will enjoy the jewerly. It was really nice. Hope to see you again soon or next year for sure.
We had a great time! I went down the pass on my ski a few times, and kept the two knuckle heads in line, but we had to go home, damn jet boat got a rock in it!:mad: oh well just something else to tinker with....
Lynn - We will try to get out this summer to some of the other events and see more of everybody...
Jetmech737 - if you see this please take a pic of your wife or daughter with the pendant on I will put them on the gallery page on my website! :D
Christina:)

Wet Dream
06-11-2007, 02:59 PM
Was I at Jacks?..
you know who you are..
I am sorry that you felt a little out of place. Everybody that was there, does not represent who the people from BOTE are, and having a jet boat doesn't make then a BOTE'r. The BOTE people are the best people you will ever know, but I'm biased. ;) From the sounds of it, you were over toward the beach side, near the blast area. I think I personally walked over there twice, but you managed to take a photo of my boat, and I was never really more than 25 feet away from it. We were under the white EZ-UP, with BOTE T-Shirts on hangars swingin in the breeze. I even sent the wife over there to announce that "Whoever preordered BOTE Tshirts needed to come get them".
To get through some of the questions:
#1: Ok, you showed up, but I, nor my wife knew that. I don't know you, and you can't expect me to know that you pulled up in a friends boat, one of over 170+ and expect me to recognize you. My cell phone number has been posted on here for months on end. A couple of other people managed to call for directions and get in touch and find the location and find the T shirts. When it comes time to pull anchor on Saturday, its time to sell off what we have left. I don't want to bring anything home. You have a pic of my boat, the silver and yellow one, so I know I was there, just a few feet to the left.
#2: It depends. Some people, like JR likes to have his boat washed out on purpose. Some jackass on a jetski that thinks a jet wake is fun within 100' of a jet's transom, is probably going to get wet. I would call that intentional. If you were anchored at the blast area, thats not the best area. Or anywhere near the track. If a boat goes out of control, and you're there... Maybe you were too close for someones comfort, or maybe you found one real prick that didn't like something, or perhaps it was purely an accident. PM me the description of the boat. Like I said earlier, having a jet does NOT automatically give him an association to us.
#3: Exclusive? Club? Couldn't be farther from it. From over 6 years ago and up to this minute, we're one of the loosest groups of people out there. There is no hazing, no apps, no dues, no secret handshake, not yet anyway. It a bunch of people with performance boating in common and can hang and participate and call themselves BOTE'rs.
#4: You can't expect to show up and say here is my boat, show me how to fix it, by the way...they call me Thunderbolt. :confused: Get active, participate in threads. These are the same guys and gals that will fix your breakdown and have you back on the water and cook you dinner at night. A little more digging would have found any one of us and pointed us out.
A few odds and ends, Lynn's box was Red, and sounds like it wasn't hiding.
We appreciate the thought of the donations. (I'm going to restrain myself from a possible complete bashing of one of the so called businesses on here for their complete lack of any participation) Those would have been some fantastic items for the raffle. Its unfortunate we couldn't have made a connection. You should have come to the hotel (cell block) and met some of the great people that come out every year. We hope you give it another shot next year, but we'll be back at Anna in August for a low-key boating weekend.

Wet Dream
06-11-2007, 03:41 PM
We had a great time! I went down the pass on my ski a few times, and kept the two knuckle heads in line, but we had to go home, damn jet boat got a rock in it!:mad: oh well just something else to tinker with....
Lynn - We will try to get out this summer to some of the other events and see more of everybody...
Jetmech737 - if you see this please take a pic of your wife or daughter with the pendant on I will put them on the gallery page on my website! :D
Christina:)
Christina, the pendant was absolutely beautiful. I hope JetMech can get a few pics together for you. Thank you for everything, and it was a pleasure meeting you and your boyfriend.

Thunderbolt
06-11-2007, 04:36 PM
whoa whoa whoa..
Don't be attacking me man WTF???..
I just signed up the end of may for 1 and I am active on here. I didn't think everyone that was there was with this place, I noticed boats that I had seen on here thats how I knew some of you were there.. Since I just signed on in May how the heck am I supposed to know who is who.. walk out to your boat and say "who owns this"? C, mon this ain't my 1st rodeo. if I didn't like what I seen here I sure as heck wouldn't have come out there... for a t-shirt lol I design my own. I did see a tent there in the area your speaking of but the shirts hanging weren't the ones I seen posted here they had gold or yellow writing on the top so as I stated before I thought they were someone elses.. if that was you I simply missed ya.. now trust me when I say this.. I am not disrespecting you but I asked 4 people and no one knew anything about you guys.. not my fault.. so we went back into the water for some photos and make the day our selves..so anything that took place after we hit the water we were unaware of.. again.. not my fault.. my apologies are offered.
now to comment on your answers if I may..
#1 check which ever phone is listed in this thread... see if there is not an 804 503 number.. it was called on Sat.. no answer
Theres no way you could have known we were there because I couldn't find no one and no one answered the phone.. again my apologies not like I didn't try, but thx for answering my question.. I can't get my shirt.. no problems..
we were 15ft off the bank. in 1.3 ft of water the reason no close-ups on the "drag lanes".. those pics were taken with the zoom on. well out of the area the blast area we took pics of as you can see on another island with no problems "having fun" I am sorry I thought most of the folks there were with you guys.. sorry for assumeing. he may have *cough*not*cough* been with you guys.. as stated before I'm not the one to point fingers...no problems..
ok thats cool thx.. no problems
ummm ok, dunno were that came from but Sorry, I don't expect anything from anyone. I've been here less then a month learning the lingo and finding my way around this place. and I know all about helping, once I get to know all and all knows me you'll find out I am the 1st person that will volunteer to help out without question. 4 people didn't know you guys were there after 3 more hellos and noses going up we went back to the water.. after the spray later in the day.. we left.. being in that frame of mind would you have went and tried to find out were anything else was.. I came back here to post questions thoughts and remarks.. after all this is a forums correct? Sorry I speak my mind.. liked or not.. there my opinions and thoughts and does not express the feeling or thoughts of others..
odds and ends.. my apologies go out to Lynn I thought I read it was blue, but he did say were I could send em to and they were sent today .. thank you on that Lynn.
edited in.. my bad it was red white and blue d'oh
Donateing for a good cause is not a problem for me ya should see what I donate at the toys for tots every year at the show I host lol the collection starts Jan 1 and goes thru nov. ho ho ho is the only way to go.. :)
so from what I am gathering here .. I got no problems .. so I guess were good?
O btw.. "Thunderbolt" is the name pop riveted on my boat which will be gone on the repaint, I may keep one on the dash since it is the name of the boat.. my friends call me by name.. thx for the feedback and have a great day..
James

Thunderbolt
06-11-2007, 04:56 PM
So are there any other pics.. CVX20 those pics look great... nice shots

drejustice
06-11-2007, 05:02 PM
Well we had a great time even though not all went as planned.
Friday, we thought sandbar. We find 1 boat (Charlie, his bro Greg, and Charlie's girl) Still a cool time just hanging, etc so no worries.
Sat, A bit late to the game so we anchored a bit further around the corner than last year but made the walk over. Ran into some folks from last year and met some new folks but since we brought a some people and we had a great spot to see the lanes we hung around the boat a bit.
Sat night. What can I say other than we dropped the ball. The fact that there was a DD on boat led a few of us to indulge a bit much and when we got back to condo + a few more and that's all she wrote. We hope to make a better showing next year:)

Thunderbolt
06-11-2007, 05:07 PM
drejustice I seen your boat also.. looked real nice..

Wet Dream
06-11-2007, 05:12 PM
whoa whoa whoa..
Don't be attacking me man WTF???..
I just signed up the end of may for 1 and I am active on here. I didn't think everyone that was there was with this place, I noticed boats that I had seen on here thats how I knew some of you were there.. Since I just signed on in May how the heck am I supposed to know who is who.. walk out to your boat and say "who owns this"? C, mon this ain't my 1st rodeo. if I didn't like what I seen here I sure as heck wouldn't have come out there... for a t-shirt lol I design my own. I did see a tent there in the area your speaking of but the shirts hanging weren't the ones I seen posted here they had gold or yellow writing on the top so as I stated before I thought they were someone elses.. if that was you I simply missed ya.. now trust me when I say this.. I am not disrespecting you but I asked 4 people and no one knew anything about you guys.. not my fault.. so we went back into the water for some photos and make the day our selves..so anything that took place after we hit the water we were unaware of.. again.. not my fault.. my apologies are offered.
now to comment on your answers if I may..
#1 check which ever phone is listed in this thread... see if there is not an 804 503 number.. it was called on Sat.. no answer
Theres no way you could have known we were there because I couldn't find no one and no one answered the phone.. again my apologies not like I didn't try, but thx for answering my question.. I can't get my shirt.. no problems..
we were 15ft off the bank. in 1.3 ft of water the reason no close-ups on the "drag lanes".. those pics were taken with the zoom on. well out of the area the blast area we took pics of as you can see on another island with no problems "having fun" I am sorry I thought most of the folks there were with you guys.. sorry for assumeing. he may have *cough*not*cough* been with you guys.. as stated before I'm not the one to point fingers...no problems..
ok thats cool thx.. no problems
ummm ok, dunno were that came from but Sorry, I don't expect anything from anyone. I've been here less then a month learning the lingo and finding my way around this place. and I know all about helping, once I get to know all and all knows me you'll find out I am the 1st person that will volunteer to help out without question. 4 people didn't know you guys were there after 3 more hellos and noses going up we went back to the water.. after the spray later in the day.. we left.. being in that frame of mind would you have went and tried to find out were anything else was.. I came back here to post questions thoughts and remarks.. after all this is a forums correct? Sorry I speak my mind.. liked or not.. there my opinions and thoughts and does not express the feeling or thoughts of others..
odds and ends.. my apologies go out to Lynn I thought I read it was blue, but he did say were I could send em to and they were sent today .. thank you on that Lynn.
edited in.. my bad it was red white and blue d'oh
Donateing for a good cause is not a problem for me ya should see what I donate at the toys for tots every year at the show I host lol the collection starts Jan 1 and goes thru nov. ho ho ho is the only way to go.. :)
so from what I am gathering here .. I got no problems .. so I guess were good?
O btw.. "Thunderbolt" is the name pop riveted on my boat.. my friends call me by name.. thx for the feedback and have a great day..
James
That wasn't an attack, trust me. :D I hope you have better luck if you try it again. Like I said, these are the best people and you're more than welcome to check it out.

Thunderbolt
06-11-2007, 05:23 PM
it's all good
I already PM'd and talked with another member on here and he kinda of explain somethings and hooked me up, Kudos man and thx, ya know who ya are.. and much appreciated Wet Dream

Wet Dream
06-11-2007, 05:27 PM
it's all good
I already PM'd and talked with another member on here and he kinda of explain somethings and hooked me up, Kudos man and thx, ya know who ya are.. and much appreciated Wet Dream
good deal. Experience is the best information. ;) Hope to see you out there.

Thunderbolt
06-11-2007, 05:41 PM
I can say between the "Lost and never found" and the "end of the day shower" I had a great time watching you guys ripping up and down the lake.. I can't wait till my boats hits the water.. I bought a new mallory distributor and something went bad in it.. I sent it back there supposed to send me a new one.. well see how that one goes..

jets4me
06-11-2007, 05:43 PM
hey thunder what is the name of your company. glad you guys got past that because clearly you met someone i have never met this is one of the best boating events i have ever been to. Too more of them are lake james for the toys for tots, the other the starn wheel regatta charleston wv and trust me when i say this i have met some of the nicest people at these things, i cant say enough good things about them. Let me tell you i have got into it with some people, had some fun, got banned even the one,s i have had words with would not act like that. One of them did,nt show because of the words and for that i am sorry but all i am saying is give this another chance and man check out these other events you wont be sorry ok well enough said i have to get back to posting pics of bill and jay on the bar

Thunderbolt
06-11-2007, 05:56 PM
I own "Outlaw Custom Trucks" outlawcustomtrucks.com not to be confused with "Outlaw Trucks" up your way.. I do stereo's, custom fab stuff and add bling bling to trucks/suvs. I didn't know outlaw trucks when I started my business.. but I know some guys from my truck club that go to him.. he does some great work..
I'm not going anywere, I am here to learn about this hobby since I am getting into it.. if I got to elbow my way to the front to learn something so be it :D

Thunderbolt
06-11-2007, 06:03 PM
O and btw thx for the invite I may just check em out.. I go all the way to KY for truck shows sometimes, so travelin is not a problem..
:cry: I JUST NEED MY BOAT IN THE WTR.. lol

nitro557
06-11-2007, 06:08 PM
lots of good people on this board ,sorry for your bad experience,give this board and people a chance to make it up to you ,you wont regret it:)

jets4me
06-11-2007, 06:10 PM
james do a search for lake james pics the view the island,the clear water the jetboats spraying the bridge man i can go on and on man this lake james is a must when you see the pics you will see a boating family man there will be no nose,s in the air

rrocky
06-11-2007, 06:13 PM
Wet Dream , Thanks for all your help. We did not know anythimg about BOTE until a few months ago. I called you and you helped us get to Jacks, helped us find a place to drop the hook on friday. You don't know me I don't have a Jet boat we are just people with boats that love to have a great time and we did. We did not know anybody but felt right at home, had a lot of people come to look at our boats , most just wanted to know how we got a 38 foot boat to the dock on saturday in 2 feet of water. We got our tee's with know problem they look great. Once again thanks for the help we had a great time my buddy just called and wanted to know if we are going back next year. Will you thank Jack for allowing us to come to his house and use his dock. We would love to come back if you will have us.:D :D

rrocky
06-11-2007, 06:20 PM
I own "Outlaw Custom Trucks" outlawcustomtrucks.com not to be confused with "Outlaw Trucks" up your way.. I do stereo's, custom fab stuff and add bling bling to trucks/suvs. I didn't know outlaw trucks when I started my business.. but I know some guys from my truck club that go to him.. he does some great work..
I'm not going anywere, I am here to learn about this hobby since I am getting into it.. if I got to elbow my way to the front to learn something so be it :D Do you carry boat stuff ? I just put some DG Gold speakers in our boat and I think we need a sub .:D

Thunderbolt
06-11-2007, 06:35 PM
You need a Marine sub? or just looking for Auto subs.. I can get either or..depending on what your looking for.. would need to know wattage ya need and what kinda amp you'll be pushing it with.. I am running a 4000 watt amp pushing 2 subs in my single cab show truck so yeah I can probaly get ya as loud and clear as ya want it.. just give me some specs.. will ya need custom boxes made? fiberglass, plexi or wood? I could go on and on.. just let me know what ya need and I'll let ya know if I have it or can get it..
But to answer your question I don't at the moment but now that I am getting into quick boats {kinda}.. don't see why I can't add a lil to the store for boats
James
edited in guess if I slowed my typing down I wouldn't have to edit so much LMAO

rrocky
06-11-2007, 06:44 PM
Thanks I will call when I go to do the install. I would rather do business with someone I almost know.

Wet Dream
06-11-2007, 06:46 PM
Wet Dream , Thanks for all your help. We did not know anythimg about BOTE until a few months ago. I called you and you helped us get to Jacks, helped us find a place to drop the hook on friday. You don't know me I don't have a Jet boat we are just people with boats that love to have a great time and we did. We did not know anybody but felt right at home, had a lot of people come to look at our boats , most just wanted to know how we got a 38 foot boat to the dock on saturday in 2 feet of water. We got our tee's with know problem they look great. Once again thanks for the help we had a great time my buddy just called and wanted to know if we are going back next year. Will you thank Jack for allowing us to come to his house and use his dock. We would love to come back if you will have us.:D :D
Thanks for the kind words. We're all glad you enjoyed it.