PDA

View Full Version : Need help in Miami Florida area

born2burn
05-03-2007, 01:29 PM
I am looking for some assistance that could help out a Hot Boat brother. My engine has been at Mesabalancing.com since June of 2006 and for one reason or another it is still not completed. It seems that there is always some excuse that keeps pushing back the completion and the actual dyno time that I am too witness by flying to Miami from where I live in Washington State. Yes thats right I said Washington State.......so you see my delima.......its not like I can just drive down the street to visualy inspect the status of my engine. I am told that it is complete and ready to dyno just waiting for a 2 stage water pump from Keith Eichert. I have been told that it will be completed next week for the last 4 weeks now and I have had enough. Laz the owner seems to not want to talk to me on the phone and I have been reduced only to converse on the phone with the secretary. This is my second engine builder since November of 2005 trying to get an engine back in my cat. The first engine builder was in my area and recomended by Craig Railsback of BDS blowers. Long story short the guy he recommended to me was a scam artist and I lost most of my original engine as he was selling my parts. What was left was recovered by the Washington State Patrol Auto Theft recovery team but not much was recovered. SO i was hoping someone could go to Mesa Balancing in Hialeah Fl which is in Miami and take a picture and email it or text message a picture to my cell phone to put me at ease.
Here is a link on one of the other sites of my hole ordial.
http://www.speedwake.com/upload/showthread.php?s=&threadid=36422
Thanks in advance
Todd

Jspeeddemon
05-04-2007, 06:10 AM
Todd, I can't really help you, but I wanted to just say keep your head up, I know you have been thru hell with the motor for over a year now. I spoke to you last fall, I had a Blower Shop 14-71 for sale, we spoke several times. I agree with you from Speedwake thread, enough is enough, get your motor back asap. Hell with it, you have good heads now, I would be interested in boating over dyno numbers at this point. Tell Laz to get you a quick tune up you can live with(AFR numbers) and get the engine back out to WA. That motor will easily make a 900-1000 depending on boost. Get an AFR meter for your boat, install a bung in the headers and tune it the rest of the way yourself.

born2burn
05-04-2007, 08:38 AM
Todd, I can't really help you, but I wanted to just say keep your head up, I know you have been thru hell with the motor for over a year now. I spoke to you last fall, I had a Blower Shop 14-71 for sale, we spoke several times. I agree with you from Speedwake thread, enough is enough, get your motor back asap. Hell with it, you have good heads now, I would be interested in boating over dyno numbers at this point. Tell Laz to get you a quick tune up you can live with(AFR numbers) and get the engine back out to WA. That motor will easily make a 900-1000 depending on boost. Get an AFR meter for your boat, install a bung in the headers and tune it the rest of the way yourself.
Yes sir I remember......hindsight 20/20 wish I would/could have closed the deal with your set up you where selling at the time........ended up going that direction in the long run anyways. Already had CMI accomidate for the AFR reads both in the primary tubes and in the tails and plan on that tuning route also just to get this thing home. Im suposed to get pictures emailed to me today from Laz of the current status of the engine........so maybe we are actully close to completion.

Jspeeddemon
05-04-2007, 10:14 AM
I know it is hard to trust someone after getting hammered hard, so I understand your apprehension. I felt like the information you and kicked around was valid, but it is definitely hard to trust people these days, and we were new aquaintenances from the board. Keep plugging at it, you will whip it, it sounds as though you are real close. If I can be of assistance, PM me here on the board, I will try to steer you straight as I can with my previous expriences. Hey by the way, in Hot spots East, under the thread name [New ***boat in Chas,WV] a buddy of mine just bought an AO with around 850 hp and GPS speed, with a 540 cubic inch 8-71 blower motor, is 115. So you will get there, just be safe when you load all that power in that boat. For God's sake don't blow the hooters in your sig, out of the bra, that could be dangerous, someone may get more than a black eye.

likwidsukr
05-04-2007, 05:54 PM
Look in my signature. Join the site tell them i sent you see what they can do. Most of them are in Miami. Post in General. I will do a follow up.
Go here > www.raft-up.com

born2burn
05-04-2007, 06:35 PM
Look in my signature. Join the site tell them i sent you see what they can do. Most of them are in Miami. Post in General. I will do a follow up.
Go here > www.raft-up.com
Steve-
Thanks for the offer bro.......but I think I got everything under control now. My builder contacted "me" today and sent me pics of my engine in its current status....I am told that it will be fired and a shakedown done on the dyno this coming Monday. I told him I will be there Wed morning for the tune up. He said he will make it happen so like I said I think Im set.

likwidsukr
05-04-2007, 06:48 PM
Steve-
Thanks for the offer bro.......but I think I got everything under control now. My builder contacted "me" today and sent me pics of my engine in its current status....I am told that it will be fired and a shakedown done on the dyno this coming Monday. I told him I will be there Wed morning for the tune up. He said he will make it happen so like I said I think Im set.
No prob, Good luck!