PDA

View Full Version : Oil Pressure gauge on the Fritz????

Cole Trickle
05-03-2007, 03:19 PM
After the rough water on Havasu this past saturday half way back from Moabi the oil pressure gauge would hover and then flat line. It did this quite a few times on the run back to cattail.
Loose wire?
Bad ground?
Sending unit?
Anybody else have a crappy OP gauge?:idea: :)
Thanks!!

djunkie
05-03-2007, 03:20 PM
Mine all work fine. :idea: :D :D

riverbound
05-03-2007, 03:22 PM
After the rough water on Havasu this past saturday half way back from Moabi the oil pressure gauge would hover and then flat line. It did this quite a few times on the run back to cattail.
Loose wire?
Bad ground?
Sending unit?
Anybody else have a crappy OP gauge?:idea: :)
Thanks!!
:eek: :eek: :eek: My bad OP guage did the same thing RIGHT before my motor took a dump ;)

djunkie
05-03-2007, 03:25 PM
:eek: :eek: :eek: My bad OP guage did the same thing RIGHT before my motor took a dump ;)
:jawdrop: :jawdrop: :jawdrop: :jawdrop: And they wondered why I like to keep my motor under 3500 RPM's.

Cole Trickle
05-03-2007, 03:27 PM
I have modernday electronics that would buzz if there was a problem;):D
Anybody that dosen't have an old ass 80's boat have info?:devil: :D

djunkie
05-03-2007, 03:28 PM
Doesn't that fancy new boat of yours have a warranty? :confused: :confused:

Cole Trickle
05-03-2007, 03:30 PM
Doesn't that fancy new boat of yours have a warranty? :confused: :confused:
2yrs is up:)
All maintanence has been performed and the boat only has 90 hours

riverbound
My boat would buzz too.....I dont even have an oil pressure guage to worry about ;) It gets put in with the fuel :D
Mines about 15years newer than the 80's....d JUNK e's boat on the other hand belongs in some museum somewhere :D

adjones419
We had a bad ground in the jetboat and the gauge quit altogether, so if it's still trying to work I would check to make sure all the wires have a good connection.

djunkie
05-03-2007, 03:32 PM
Ok in all honesty here (I know hard to believe) I'd start checking the wires behind the gauge to see if somethings come loose. Next since your mechanically inclined you might wanna take the gauge out and either test it yourself or take it to someone to have it tested. I'd explain how to do it but I'm too lazy to type it out. :D :D

djunkie
05-03-2007, 03:33 PM
My boat would buzz too.....I dont even have an oil pressure guage to worry about ;) It gets put in with the fuel :D
Mines about 15years newer than the 80's....d JUNK e's boat on the other hand belongs in some museum somewhere :D
Don't be hatin on my soon to be classic vessel. :D :D

Cole Trickle
05-03-2007, 03:34 PM
Don't be hatin on my soon to be classic vessel. :D :D
Soon?:D :idea: :jawdrop:

djunkie
05-03-2007, 03:39 PM
Soon?:D :idea: :jawdrop:
Isn't a classic labeled as 20 years old or older? I gots 2 mo to go. :D :D

Cole Trickle
05-03-2007, 04:18 PM
Anyother non jacking advice/experience?:):idea:

Havasu Hangin'
05-03-2007, 04:34 PM
Yes, it could be a bad sending unit...ground, etc.
Or it could be a broken pickup...pump, etc.
I'd borrow a manual guage...just to be sure.

Beer-30
05-03-2007, 05:07 PM
The ECM would be screaming if it was actually going to zero. Senders are known to go bad long before the gauge. As mentioned, it would be best to hang a manual gauge on it to verify.
It would be a separate sender for the ECM. Guardian mode would shut you down to 20% power or less if it senses that low of pressure.

SummitKarl
05-03-2007, 06:42 PM
more than likely a loose wire on the back of the guage.....I bet there is a little brass nut somewhere on your floor board;)
any of the other guages floating? = bad ground

Havasu1986
05-03-2007, 06:47 PM
Anyother non jacking advice/experience?:):idea:
Nice meeting you and your dad on Sat. on the beach at the condos.:)