PDA

View Full Version : Virginia Tech Recording

My Man's Sportin' Wood
05-03-2007, 05:36 PM
Anyone heard this? My students began talking about it yesterday. Allegedly, you can call a number and hear the recording of a hysterical girl talking to her mother during the shooting. I don't know how something like that would get recorded unless mom picked up at just that right moment where the answering machine is still running even though you've picked up.
They asked me yesterday if it was true and I said I hadn't heard anything about it. Later in the day, more students were talking about it, but I hadn't found any that had actually heard the recording.
This morning, my T/A asks me if I'd heard it. She said she had and she would play it for me on her cell phone during lunch. It sounds pretty f-in real! I could only listen to about 10 seconds of her crying to her mommy to come get her, then I heard shots, her crying and I had to shut it off. Apparently, you can hear her get shot and then nothing. I didn't get that far.
Anyone else heard this or heard of it? I'm a little disturbed by the whole thing and if it's legit, I shudder to think my 12 year old students are listening to it.

Invisible Sun
05-03-2007, 06:44 PM
It's amazing what people get off on these days. I caught myself getting a little emotional just reading your post. All I could imagine is if it where one of my daughters. Damn! Makes me want to go to San Fran and bring my oldest home from school, but I know better. The chance that's going to happen to her is one in a million. We are such a fear driven society

My Man's Sportin' Wood
05-03-2007, 06:49 PM
That's the ONLY thing I agree with Michael Moore on.
Guess no one else has heard of it. I'll try to get the number tomorrow if anyone is interested.

Outnumbered
05-03-2007, 10:40 PM
If it's true I'm sure it will be on youtube soon:rolleyes: