PDA

View Full Version : Ahh....the joys of being a parent....

Mrs Luvnlife
05-04-2007, 05:26 AM
So, my daughter broke her arm yesterday morning. This is really the first major mishap with our kids other than when my son was burrito wrapped in the emergency room as a baby for stitches on his face. Being a parent, the last thing you want to see is your child in pain knowing there's nothing you can do except to try and comfort them :( . Well, she not only hates shots, but flys off the table and out the door at the sight of a needle. I know...no big deal a broken arm, it's a kid...well, they had to re-break her arm so they needed to give her pain medication to numb the area so they could do the re-break. Holy hell....what this poor child had to endure and what I had to see will haunt me for the rest of my freakin life.
The doctor is as old as dirt and has absolutely NO compassion what-so-ever, so it's needle time and I kid you not he stabbed her with this needle about 30 different times just digging and grinding :2purples: as she lays there screaming and I'm asking him....do you really need to do this :mad: :( ?????? When he was done with the needle, I looked at it and it was completely bent :mad: , granted it was a very tiny needle, but I think it was a bit excessive. Is this normal?? Am I just being a mom?? Am I a wuss :D ??
I know it probly won't be the last time, but if something like this ever happens again...one of their adopted mom's will have to step in and take over :D . Luckily she's not in alot of pain and is in pretty good spirits for the most part and at least they have the option of getting a hot pink cast ;) .
http://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=30140&stc=1&d=1178284836
http://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=30141&stc=1&d=1178284883

707dog
05-04-2007, 05:28 AM
damn that sux...best wishes to her...looks like someone will be getting good hospitality for awhile...

FORMER RAIDERETTE MRS ELIMINATED SPRINTER
05-04-2007, 05:58 AM
:jawdrop: What the hell no the needle should not have been bent on her next appt let me know so I can take her:devil: my poor baby:( hows she doing its tough when your kid is in pain and there is nothing you can do but let her know I'm just a phone call away:D Oh and Jen the cast color should have been silver or black:D but thats ok they make the girl raider stickers that I will put on for her:D :D
call if you need anything this weekend I will be in TJ for cinco de mayo:D :D :D

deltarat
05-04-2007, 06:04 AM
Oh that sucks, looks like your little cutie will be getting a lot of ice cream for this one. How did she break her arm anyways? My son had his appendix rupture when he was 5, kept complaining that his stomach hurt and kept throwing up. I kept telling my wife of coarse his stomach hurts, it sore musclesÂ’ form all the throwing up. After two days I said maybe we should take him to the doctor. They rushed him straight to surgery and his spent 7 days in the hospital. I stayed there for seven days and never left his side day or night. Man I felt like an ass. Kids are just one of those things you don't ever want to see anything happen to and when it does it is just as traumatic on us as it is them. Wish her the best from my family and we all hope she recovers from this soon.

RitcheyRch
05-04-2007, 06:05 AM
Poor thing. Can not imagine what you guys are going through. Hoping for a speedy recovery.

Dons_donzi
05-04-2007, 06:22 AM
oh my goodness....
not to get into details, but it had to be "re-broke"...? was it broke before?
and not set right..?
poor baby girl... you need me to kick that docs ass for ya...?
it IS normal for the needles for pain meds to bend like that....
my step son laid his wrist open like a fillet off of a fish...and i held it together for 2 hours and held it while the doc poked it every quarter inch all around the cut... and he bent the hell out of that needle. he didnt pull it out, just moved it under the skin... ( it spreads the meds under the skin surface to get it numb faster.. and they dont have to re-poke as many times)
sorry the doctor had no compassion, but usually those types are faster at getting the job done. :confused: they just seem really cold about it.
Jen... your a great mom... just keep up the good work...
and that is a smokin hot pink cast. ;)

HokeySon
05-04-2007, 06:28 AM
Be prepared for a visit from DCFS -- the emercency room do-gooders seem report all breaks as potential child abuse. Seen it a few times now.

Mr. C
05-04-2007, 06:48 AM
what a cutie, looks like she has a little of the devil in her:D
She's ganna be just fine, probably be hitting people with the cast before you know it.
Please don't let anyone put black n silver stickers on it, that would just be wrong LMAO

Mr. C
05-04-2007, 06:52 AM
been there done that, my daughter had (i think they called it) nurse maids elbow where her elbow woud pop out of its socket, after the second time we were questioned at the hospital by 3 or 4 different people. I guess they are just looking out for the child, but man they can be kinda harsh with parents.
Be prepared for a visit from DCFS -- the emercency room do-gooders seem report all breaks as potential child abuse. Seen it a few times now.

Jetdriver
05-04-2007, 07:06 AM
Poor baby! :( Tell Kiara we said Hi Jen!

TRUMP TIGHT
05-04-2007, 07:13 AM
That sux. Just dont let her get used to it and start tallying broken bones like stripes on a karate belt.

Dons_donzi
05-04-2007, 07:40 AM
what a cutie, looks like she has a little of the devil in her:D
AAAWWWW.... the red eye reduction wasnt on... yeah...
its a cool kind of evil look.... :devil: :)
oh come on... she's just been traumatized.... i'd have glowing eyes too..!

nodigg
05-04-2007, 08:04 AM
That story makes me weak in the knees! Seeing your kids in pain is PAINFULL!

Jordy
05-04-2007, 08:20 AM
Poor girlie. That face makes baby Jesus cry. :( :( :(
So was it a stripper dance on a foam floatation block gone awry??? :eek:

Classic Daycruiser
05-04-2007, 08:41 AM
The worse is behind...for her. Now you'll be the one going to the doctor for shots, because trying to take care of a child with a broken arm is going to drive you crazy the next few months.

AZKC
05-04-2007, 09:17 AM
You tell her the Cactus in Arizona are sad for her and hope she starts feeling better real soon.
As for the Doctor, I would think his days are numbered:devil: What a jackass:mad:

FOREVER2DOXIES
05-04-2007, 10:11 AM
Poor thing! And to think she was playing in the water just last weekend! I hope this doesn's stop her from having her summer fun. Too bad the doctor didn't know what the hell he was doing. Tell me...was it Henry Mayo? Wouldn't surprise me if it was...that's why we refuse to allow our pregnant patients to go there.....
Hope the healing goes well for all of you.

Mrs Luvnlife
05-04-2007, 11:48 AM
Thanks everyone...your kind words are sure to put a smile on her face ;) .
FORMER RAIDERETTE MRS ELIMINATED SPRINTER
What the hell no the needle should not have been bent on her next appt let me know so I can take her my poor baby hows she doing its tough when your kid is in pain and there is nothing you can do but let her know I'm just a phone call away Oh and Jen the cast color should have been silver or black but thats ok they make the girl raider stickers that I will put on for her
call if you need anything this weekend I will be in TJ for cinco de mayo
Thanks Diane. I like the idea of the Silver & Black :) or even Raider stickers ;) . I just cringe when I think about it :mad: . Have a blast in TJ...I've got all my necessities for Cinco :D :D .

Mrs Luvnlife
05-04-2007, 11:55 AM
Oh that sucks, looks like your little cutie will be getting a lot of ice cream for this one. How did she break her arm anyways? My son had his appendix rupture when he was 5, kept complaining that his stomach hurt and kept throwing up. I kept telling my wife of coarse his stomach hurts, it sore musclesÂ’ form all the throwing up. After two days I said maybe we should take him to the doctor. They rushed him straight to surgery and his spent 7 days in the hospital. I stayed there for seven days and never left his side day or night. Man I felt like an ass. Kids are just one of those things you don't ever want to see anything happen to and when it does it is just as traumatic on us as it is them. Wish her the best from my family and we all hope she recovers from this soon.
I didn't see what happened, her and her brother were coming downstairs and she said she tripped and fell and landed right on her arm. I was in the kitchen and I could tell by her cry that it wasn't just a normal accident...I was scared to find out what I was in for.
Oh man, that's seems so young for something like that :( . Poor little guy! Ya know, kids are almost always bullet proof and you don't know when to take them to the doctor and when not to. When I looked at her arms and compared the two and I saw her left arm was extremely curved outward, I knew something wasn't right and that was the time to make the call.
Thanks again for your kind wishes!

Mrs Luvnlife
05-04-2007, 12:02 PM
oh my goodness....
not to get into details, but it had to be "re-broke"...? was it broke before?
and not set right..?
poor baby girl... you need me to kick that docs ass for ya...?
The bone was sticking out where it broke (in the x-ray picture) and it was extremely curved outward, so they had to re-break it to straighten it out in order for it to heal properly. Yes, some ass kickin is in order :devil: .
it IS normal for the needles for pain meds to bend like that....
my step son laid his wrist open like a fillet off of a fish...and i held it together for 2 hours and held it while the doc poked it every quarter inch all around the cut... and he bent the hell out of that needle. he didnt pull it out, just moved it under the skin... ( it spreads the meds under the skin surface to get it numb faster.. and they dont have to re-poke as many times)
sorry the doctor had no compassion, but usually those types are faster at getting the job done. :confused: they just seem really cold about it.
Jen... your a great mom... just keep up the good work...
and that is a smokin hot pink cast. ;)
I totally understand what you're saying. And of course, they want to make sure the entire area is numb, but damn the way it was done just can't be right :( and a bit of compassion for a 7 year old would help some ;) . He wasn't fast with the needle, but he sure was fast at the re-break and the casting up :jawdrop: .
Thanks ;) , Ya like that hot pink, huh :D ??

Mrs Luvnlife
05-04-2007, 12:04 PM
I don't deal with the ER unless it's an absolute emergency. We were at the orthopaedic surgeons office.

Mrs Luvnlife
05-04-2007, 12:07 PM
looks like she has a little of the devil in her:D
I think she got that from her mom :devil: oh...you mean the red eyes :D ...she got that from me too :D :D . The damn camera is supposed to have the no red eye too...go figure :rolleyes: .
She's ganna be just fine, probably be hitting people with the cast before you know it.
Please don't let anyone put black n silver stickers on it, that would just be wrong LMAO
Yep, and she's gonna be tired of it in no time, I've never had to deal with a break myself, but I saw too many of my brother's incidents and I know it's not fun.
Come on, what's wrong with the silver & black :devil: :D !?!?

Mrs Luvnlife
05-04-2007, 12:11 PM
Poor baby! :( Tell Kiara we said Hi Jen!
Will do, thanks Shawn ;) !!
That sux. Just dont let her get used to it and start tallying broken bones like stripes on a karate belt.
I know it, it seems if you break something once, there's sure to be more :cry: :( .
That story makes me weak in the knees! Seeing your kids in pain is PAINFULL!
Exactly!
Everytime I think about it, I get the visual going through my mind :mad: , it's gonna stick with me for life.

Mrs Luvnlife
05-04-2007, 12:15 PM
Poor girlie. That face makes baby Jesus cry. :( :( :(
So was it a stripper dance on a foam floatation block gone awry??? :eek:
:)
Thanks for the laugh, Jordy ;) . Stripper dance :jawdrop: :D ?
Ya know, I did away with those some time ago for that very reason...and look!!

Mrs Luvnlife
05-04-2007, 12:20 PM
You tell her the Cactus in Arizona are sad for her and hope she starts feeling better real soon.
As for the Doctor, I would think his days are numbered:devil: What a jackass:mad:
Oh that's so nice, Kevin ;) , I wish the cactus in Arizona were sad for me!!
Ya know, it's tough. He could be one of the best docs out there, I don't know, I saw SO many kids in and out of there with casts, but I can't imagine all these parents OR KIDS going through what I/she had to go through. I started envisioning that I was going to be THAT CASE, ya know...like he's intentionally torturing her, that's when I finally said something :mad: . I certainly won't be referring anyone that way nor am I looking forward to future visits, although the worst is over ;) .

Mrs Luvnlife
05-04-2007, 12:25 PM
Poor thing! And to think she was playing in the water just last weekend! I hope this doesn's stop her from having her summer fun. Too bad the doctor didn't know what the hell he was doing. Tell me...was it Henry Mayo? Wouldn't surprise me if it was...that's why we refuse to allow our pregnant patients to go there.....
Hope the healing goes well for all of you.
Thanks Kim! I know it, that's all it takes...one wrong move! I know she's going to be so ready to get that thing off and it'll be just about time for it to really start warming up, so hopefully it won't mess up too much in the way of summer/water fun.
Not Henry Mayo, a doc down in Tarzana. I felt good when I saw that he had an office in Thousand Oaks also, but sometimes that doesn't mean anything.

Xlration Marine
05-04-2007, 01:39 PM
Here is a little trick that we stumbled across when my daughter broke her arm. Well not realy a trick, but could be. She fell off the swing set, broke her arm. Well at the same time she was given the Measels from some duffus at school. You want to talk about getting it done. We were in and out of the Xray room and the Exam room so fast we almost had whiplash. And the the next trip to get the cast, greesed lighting. I guess they didn't want to spead the stuff. All this happened while on spring break, not a day of school was lost for the entire year. Now we keep a RED magic marker handy.

TAF
05-07-2007, 05:28 AM
I say we sell tickets and pay per view for "Mrs LVNLF vs. Dickhead Dr." and she gets to break the needle off in his Asp!:mad: :devil: :mad: :jawdrop: :sqeyes: Was he so cheat as not to have a nurse ( always more caring ) give the shot for him?
I hope she's feeling better and never has to endure it again . I luckily haven't had to deal w/ this issue yet w/ my kids but if Wes rides anything like Cale it won't be long, ehhh?:jawdrop: :sqeyes: Hope to see :sqeyes: ya guys in Red Bluff

photo chick
05-07-2007, 06:50 AM
Auh poor Kiara.....I'm even more sad for you Jen. I could not imagine watching my child be in that much pain. I cried when I saw the x-ray of my dogs hips.......
Tell her she'll be pulling Josh around in no time :D
Hey you could put a few Blow Me stickers on the cast....j/k:D
http://***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=30282&stc=1&d=1178549353

JetBoatRich
05-07-2007, 06:54 AM
I heard a rumor she hurt her arm:sqeyes: sucks!
She is in good hands now with you around:D
it is one of the worst feelings in the world knowing you can't take the pain away:sqeyes: been there a few times:eek:

Mr. C
05-07-2007, 07:03 AM
I was just wondering how the little one faired over the weekend, hope she is doing better and I'm sure you are hanging in there yourself.
Kids are tough and if they are like mine she's probably starting to get on a nerve or two.:D :D
Take care and have a good day
Mike
As far as black N silver, just not my favorite colors but to each there own:)

Some Kind Of Monster
05-07-2007, 01:08 PM
Wow, Sorry to hear that. It is normal to get poked many times. It is a good thing and numbs the arm for the rebreak. Without it, it would hurt a heak of a lot worse... Trust me.. They do the same thing for stitches so that you don't feel it when they sew you back up. Sounds like the doctor could have cared and explained things a LOT better. Looks like she is doing better and that is good to see!

squirt'nmyload
05-07-2007, 03:25 PM
and my cooler :D :D ............hope she has a speedy recovery....i like how she is holding her bear in the other pic.....cute :)

Mrs Luvnlife
05-07-2007, 04:17 PM
Here is a little trick that we stumbled across when my daughter broke her arm. Well not realy a trick, but could be. She fell off the swing set, broke her arm. Well at the same time she was given the Measels from some duffus at school. You want to talk about getting it done. We were in and out of the Xray room and the Exam room so fast we almost had whiplash. And the the next trip to get the cast, greesed lighting. I guess they didn't want to spead the stuff. All this happened while on spring break, not a day of school was lost for the entire year. Now we keep a RED magic marker handy.
Nice! Does the red magic marker really work :confused: ?? That'll be a handy little trick I'll keep all to myself :) .

Mrs Luvnlife
05-07-2007, 04:29 PM
I say we sell tickets and pay per view for "Mrs LVNLF vs. Dickhead Dr." and she gets to break the needle off in his Asp! Was he so cheat as not to have a nurse ( always more caring ) give the shot for him?
I hope she's feeling better and never has to endure it again . I luckily haven't had to deal w/ this issue yet w/ my kids but if Wes rides anything like Cale it won't be long, ehhh? Hope to see ya guys in Red Bluff
Now you're talkin :sqeyes: . He had a nurse or several nurses :confused: , there was a female lady and like 4 male younger guys in the room, but I believe he does the shots himself...I got the feeling he REALLY wants to make sure it's done right ;) ...if that's what you call right!! You coulda had the tickets thing goin on while we were there :boxingguy as I really STARTED GETTING PISSED and after I asked him if he really had to do that with the needle, I told him what he was doing was child abuse and torture :jawdrop: . He said...it has to be done mam :argue: :mad: .
We'll be seein ya in RB :) :messedup: .

Mrs Luvnlife
05-07-2007, 04:35 PM
Auh poor Kiara.....I'm even more sad for you Jen. I could not imagine watching my child be in that much pain. I cried when I saw the x-ray of my dogs hips.......
Hey you could put a few Blow Me stickers on the cast....j/k:D
I can't say it any better than I said it, and I can't begin to tell you how much it kills you to see your child in so much pain!
She got 'Mr Blo Me' himself to sign her cast, so she's pretty stoked ;) . And, trust me...you're right in no time she'll be luggin that wagon around, even if it's only with one arm, kids are amazing with the way they get through these kinds of things!

Mrs Luvnlife
05-07-2007, 04:36 PM
I heard a rumor she hurt her arm:sqeyes: sucks!
She is in good hands now with you around:D
it is one of the worst feelings in the world knowing you can't take the pain away:sqeyes: been there a few times:eek:
You've definitely had your share of these types of things, that's for sure! Hope all is well with you guys ;) .

Mrs Luvnlife
05-07-2007, 04:44 PM
I was just wondering how the little one faired over the weekend, hope she is doing better and I'm sure you are hanging in there yourself.
Kids are tough and if they are like mine she's probably starting to get on a nerve or two.:D :D
Take care and have a good day
Mike
As far as black N silver, just not my favorite colors but to each there own:)
Thanks Mike, too kind of you! She blows me away...we went to drag boat races this weekend and she was 100% normal with the exception of not being able to ride her bike or go to the play park. She only needed pain medication the first 2 nights and that has been it :idea: . She has a little friend at the races and they still had a great time hulla-hooping, playing TV games or riding their stationary excercise bike :) (that's a whole nother story :D ). And me, well....as long as I have some drinks....I'm always happy :) .
Oh, and ya...she's touched a nerve or two (or fifteen) since the accident :D .

Mrs Luvnlife
05-07-2007, 04:54 PM
Wow, Sorry to hear that. It is normal to get poked many times. It is a good thing and numbs the arm for the rebreak. Without it, it would hurt a heak of a lot worse... Trust me.. They do the same thing for stitches so that you don't feel it when they sew you back up. Sounds like the doctor could have cared and explained things a LOT better. Looks like she is doing better and that is good to see!
I understand the poking several times to hit different areas to be sure it's all covered, but it wasn't just a little poke here, a little poke there...it's how he went about his pokes. I went through it with stitches, so I know exactly what you're saying. He just has torture written all over his face. Whatever, it's over and done, I just know I won't be sending anyone his way! Thanks...and you're right he should've taken the time to explain what he was doing and how it was going to be done. I even left the room and went down the hall asking if they were going to do a shot, and explained to them she was 'a freak' when it comes to needles/shots...so they really could've done things differently. And seriously, I'm not one to voice my opinion or say much, but this was too much.
Need a shot :devil:...and I don't mean a needle :D ??

Mrs Luvnlife
05-07-2007, 04:57 PM
and my cooler :D :D ............hope she has a speedy recovery....i like how she is holding her bear in the other pic.....cute :)
She'll haul your cooler anytime...as long as my drinks are in there too :D :) .
:D :D That's her build-a-bear...she doesn't part with it ;) .

Dons_donzi
05-07-2007, 06:14 PM
Well Jen, sounds like she's handling it pretty good...
you guys have the best kids, (yeah ok, you say they are different at home but i find that hard to believe....)
i hate to see it happen to such a little sweetie, especially with the weather getting better and its not too hot.
but she's able to play and not on too many nerves... it will be off and she'll be back to 100% before you know it.
Tell Cale I said hi and keep on being the great mom you are, before you know it, they are grown and on their own.
;)

sdpm
05-07-2007, 07:20 PM
Hi Jen, I'm sorry to hear about you daughters arm! I totally understand what your saying about not being able to do something for them when they are hurt or in pain. It's not easy being parents, but you guys are pretty darn good at it. Hope see feels better real soon and tell her that if she still has the cast on at Red Bluff she can probably get some cool signatures. Take care. Neil and Family.
PS- HI CALE!!:D

Mrs Luvnlife
05-08-2007, 05:25 AM
Well Jen, sounds like she's handling it pretty good...
you guys have the best kids, (yeah ok, you say they are different at home but i find that hard to believe....)
i hate to see it happen to such a little sweetie, especially with the weather getting better and its not too hot.
but she's able to play and not on too many nerves... it will be off and she'll be back to 100% before you know it.
Tell Cale I said hi and keep on being the great mom you are, before you know it, they are grown and on their own.
;)
Thanks Don ;) . You do have a soft side :jawdrop: :D :D .
She really is doing good! I can see how it could be much tougher if she were in alot of pain, but she's not at all...so life is good :D .

Mrs Luvnlife
05-08-2007, 05:28 AM
Hi Jen, I'm sorry to hear about you daughters arm! I totally understand what your saying about not being able to do something for them when they are hurt or in pain. It's not easy being parents, but you guys are pretty darn good at it. Hope see feels better real soon and tell her that if she still has the cast on at Red Bluff she can probably get some cool signatures. Take care. Neil and Family.
PS- HI CALE!!:D
Neil, thanks....appreciate it! Being a parent is tough, I wish someone woulda told me :hammer2: :D .
She'll still have the cast for sure, just not sure if the kids are making the RB trip or not ;) . We'll see ya soon :) .

Some Kind Of Monster
05-08-2007, 07:50 AM
Need a shot :devil:...and I don't mean a needle :D ??
I'll take you up on that next time :devil:
I definitely would have been upset as well. No matter what, I think that not explaining the procedure, a bent needle, and no compassion or ability to deal with a child is grounds for fightin words. :eek:

eliminatedsprinter
05-08-2007, 12:45 PM
Of course she bent the needle, her parents are Raider fans....;)
Don't worry Jen.
She will most likely forget the pain long before you do. At this point the important thing is for it to have been set right, so she can be back to smacking Cale around A.S.A.P..:D

Jetdriver
05-08-2007, 01:25 PM
Hows she doin Jen?

Mrs Luvnlife
05-08-2007, 03:53 PM
I'll take you up on that next time :devil:
Sounds good :) .

Mrs Luvnlife
05-08-2007, 03:58 PM
Of course she bent the needle, her parents are Raider fans....;)
LMAO :D .
Don't worry Jen.
She will most likely forget the pain long before you do. At this point the important thing is for it to have been set right, so she can be back to smacking Cale around A.S.A.P..:D
:jawdrop: Ya think ? She told me yesterday that the doctor gives her the creeps :jawdrop: .
Thank god for it being set right, that's all I gotta say ;) . Oh, and she never stopped smackin Cale around :D , it just hurts a little more now, that's all :D .

Mrs Luvnlife
05-08-2007, 04:05 PM
Hows she doin Jen?
She's doing really good, Shawn--thanks for asking ;) . If it weren't for a cast, you wouldn't even know anything was wrong with her. Kids are amazing :supp: .

JetBoatRich
05-08-2007, 08:30 PM
Glad she is doing OK:D
If she needs the cast off early give us a call we will come doen with the power tools:D

JetBoatRich
05-16-2007, 07:20 PM
Looks like Little Rich joined the broken bone club:sqeyes: and broke his foot this week:devil:

Mrs Luvnlife
05-17-2007, 05:13 AM
Looks like Little Rich joined the broken bone club:sqeyes: and broke his foot this week:devil:
:cry: So sorry to hear that Rich! Talked to Steph yesterday :( . Sounds like he may be short timin' it with the cast, hopefully that's the case ;) . I told her that I'd be up there in a hurry, in celebration of the new BevMo :) and show her how the shopping's really done :devil: :D .

lucky
05-17-2007, 06:38 AM
ahhhh man Sry for your lil One Jen - It sucks when anything happens to your kids - I mean it wasn't that long ago your oldest boy fell off of his cycle :( just kidding cale lmao Take care of that beautiful princess and give her what ever she needs - and give me the doctors # I have a needle i want to show him - we will see how he likes a bent needle up his asssss ! :devil: hope to see you guys soon - chris

Mrs Luvnlife
05-17-2007, 03:57 PM
ahhhh man Sry for your lil One Jen - It sucks when anything happens to your kids - Take care of that beautiful princess and give her what ever she needs - and give me the doctors # I have a needle i want to show him - we will see how he likes a bent needle up his asssss ! :devil:
Hey you--thanks Luckster :D . She's 2 weeks into it already and she's doing great!
I mean it wasn't that long ago your oldest boy fell off of his cycle :( just kidding cale lmao
LMAO. He is like having a third child :hammer2: :D .
hope to see you guys soon - chris
Um ya...you gonna be in RB :devil: ?? Hope so, lookin forward to seein ya!

Dons_donzi
05-17-2007, 06:47 PM
Hey Jen, good to hear she's hanging in there like a trooper...
so... where's the next get together so i can bring my tow rope... :eek:
just kidding...
i been out of the loop, whats the scoop, you guys still doing races or ya'll have any plans to get out on the water... i'm looking for some throttle time...
Hope Cale and his new box are working things out...
(and dont tell anyone that i have a soft side, that throws off the bitches, ummm... i mean "ladies"....)
:eek: :D :devil:

LUVNLIFE
05-17-2007, 07:17 PM
ahhhh man Sry for your lil One Jen - It sucks when anything happens to your kids - I mean it wasn't that long ago your oldest boy fell off of his cycle :( just kidding cale lmao Take care of that beautiful princess and give her what ever she needs - and give me the doctors # I have a needle i want to show him - we will see how he likes a bent needle up his asssss ! :devil: hope to see you guys soon - chris
Hey Chris how are you? Are you going to Red Bluff?:) BTW my knee is well enough to kick you in the ass:D

LUVNLIFE
05-17-2007, 07:23 PM
just kidding...
i been out of the loop, whats the scoop, you guys still doing races or ya'll have any plans to get out on the water... i'm looking for some throttle time...
(and dont tell anyone that i have a soft side, that throws off the bitches, ummm... i mean "ladies"....)
:eek: :D :devil:
We are not getting along:mad: Me and the box that is:( I have a wiring prob and in the process of tracking it down:rolleyes:

JetBoatRich
05-17-2007, 07:52 PM
:cry: So sorry to hear that Rich! Talked to Steph yesterday :( . Sounds like he may be short timin' it with the cast, hopefully that's the case ;) . I told her that I'd be up there in a hurry, in celebration of the new BevMo :) and show her how the shopping's really done :devil: :D .
Thanks Jen;)
What is a BevMo?

Dons_donzi
05-18-2007, 04:18 AM
We are not getting along:mad: Me and the box that is:( I have a wiring prob and in the process of tracking it down:rolleyes:
WTF... i swear its always something with boats....
sorry to hear about you and your box.... i've had issues with a box too. :eek:
anyway, i guess Memorial Weekend i may spend a few nights afloat on the river, anchor off where ever i end up when it gets dark and enjoy some sun and beverages.
Hope you get your wires straightened out... :D

Mrs Luvnlife
05-18-2007, 05:41 AM
just kidding...
Hey! Where ya been, I've missed your quirkiness :D ;) .
No freakin tow ropes :hammer2: , but it's nice to have ya there just in case :D . Hoping to have the boat back in our hands later today :idea: , which means water test...like....tomorrow :sqeyes: . Ya know, they say something about trading them in for a younger model :confused: , he shoulda just kept the 'old' box...the new ones are not up to performing :jawdrop: .
We'll be on the water and good to go real soon, I hope! We gotta get together for a beer-b-q too :) .

Mrs Luvnlife
05-18-2007, 05:45 AM
What is a BevMo?
:2purples: Don't even tell me you don't know what a BevMo is :2purples: !! It's my second home :D . That's it....you're goin shopping too :devil: .

Dons_donzi
05-18-2007, 06:14 AM
No freakin tow ropes :hammer2: , but it's nice to have ya there just in case. Hoping to have the boat back in our hands later today :idea: , which means water test...like....tomorrow :sqeyes: . Ya know, they say something about trading them in for a younger model :confused: , he shoulda just kept the 'old' box...the new ones are not up to performing :jawdrop: .
We'll be on the water and good to go real soon, I hope! We gotta get together for a beer-b-q too :) .
Well, sounds like your nerves are in MUCH better shape these days...
that or your bar opened early this morning.. :eek: ( j/k)
Oh let that man play with his toys, i'm sure you get yours in return...
he's got it good all the way around... lucky sucker, just needs to get his spark in the right spot. :sqeyes:
OK, well... i'm leaning towards something on the river for memorial... not hearing much input... beer/b/q would be cool... lets get WET..!!
i still havent gotten a chance to show Cale what my little boat can do...
:D

lucky
05-18-2007, 06:39 AM
Hey Chris how are you? Are you going to Red Bluff?:) BTW my knee is well enough to kick you in the ass:D
you'd be busy all day kickin My ass(s) lmao - Yes i will be in r-b when are you guys planning on comming up ? thur fri or sat ????

Mrs Luvnlife
05-18-2007, 07:23 AM
Well, sounds like your nerves are in MUCH better shape these days...
that or your bar opened early this morning.. :eek: ( j/k)
LOL! The bar is always open early :devil: .
Oh let that man play with his toys, i'm sure you get yours in return...
he's got it good all the way around... lucky sucker, just needs to get his spark in the right spot. :sqeyes:
LMAO!!! :)
OK, well... i'm leaning towards something on the river for memorial... not hearing much input... beer/b/q would be cool... lets get WET..!!
i still havent gotten a chance to show Cale what my little boat can do...
That's one place you won't find me on a holiday weekend, he's lucky to even get me outta the house that weekend! We'll be doin boat races for Memorial, but we need to set up a lake trip!
Well, we know your little boat is great at tug boatin' :D .

JetBoatRich
05-18-2007, 08:00 AM
:2purples: Don't even tell me you don't know what a BevMo is :2purples: !! It's my second home :D . That's it....you're goin shopping too :devil: .
do they sell Beer there:rolleyes:

Desert Rat
05-18-2007, 09:50 AM
Yep even the strange kinds so you do well there Rich! Hey sorry to hear about Richie. Hope he heals fast!

Desert Rat
05-18-2007, 09:55 AM
Jen
Ang said the only place that shows for sure getting the BBQ's will be the New Tustin store which opens in June. I'll get more info for you as she finds out!.You are still in for Cottonwood right? Tell Cale to get off his butt and fix the boat!!!:)

Mrs Luvnlife
05-18-2007, 01:18 PM
Rumor has it, they do ;) .
Jen
Ang said the only place that shows for sure getting the BBQ's will be the New Tustin store which opens in June. I'll get more info for you as she finds out!.
I'm sorry Paul :redface: , you've been on my list of 'to-do's' (well, not like that :D ) for weeks now and I never got back to you :hammer2: . Okay, I will remember that! I've been doing a little research. Like I said before, you guys are awesome for diggin into this like you have, I certainly appreciate it!!
You are still in for Cottonwood right? Tell Cale to get off his butt and fix the boat!!!
Most definitely! With or without the boat, at this point! I can think of a few other things I can do without the boat :) . Very much looking forward to it!
I finally got him off his a$$ :D and he exhausted all options of what could possibly be wrong :confused: , so he turned it over to someone else to figure out :( .

Mrs Luvnlife
05-20-2007, 09:41 AM
Finally :) ! Just here to say I love Teague, they are awesome :D ! Went to BV yesterday and just gotta say, well....I was luvnlife :D ! BEAUTIFUL day out there, not crowded, hot...but, not too hot....boat ran excellent and life is good :) .
Guess it ended up being the kill switch...the way it was wired :confused: . Cale knows the details, I'm just reporting the basics :D . We'll be seeing you guys on the water soon. Ready for some good times :) !

Desert Rat
05-20-2007, 04:42 PM
COTTONWOOD BABY!!! Ask Cale can I pleeese have a ride now that it's broken in (or should I be posing this question to you my dear:D ) it should be a fun weekend... Dam run maybe on Sat?? Oh and for the ride I will offer up one SUPURB rag boy's talents:D

Mrs Luvnlife
05-20-2007, 05:19 PM
COTTONWOOD BABY!!! Ask Cale can I pleeese have a ride now that it's broken in (or should I be posing this question to you my dear:D ) it should be a fun weekend... Dam run maybe on Sat?? Oh and for the ride I will offer up one SUPURB rag boy's talents:D
SO looking forward to this trip ;) . The ride is all yours....nothing over 50......right :jawdrop: :confused: :D ?? I'd love to do the dam run, is the water level good???
And....I've actually become quite the 'rag girl' myself :sqeyes: ...just ask Cale :D :D, but the official 'rag boy' has a seat, if he'd like. We'll be gettin in touch with you guys before the trip!!

RitcheyRch
05-20-2007, 05:34 PM
Glad to hear the problem has been fixed and hopefully didnt break the bank.
Finally :) ! Just here to say I love Teague, they are awesome :D ! Went to BV yesterday and just gotta say, well....I was luvnlife :D ! BEAUTIFUL day out there, not crowded, hot...but, not too hot....boat ran excellent and life is good :) .
Guess it ended up being the kill switch...the way it was wired :confused: . Cale knows the details, I'm just reporting the basics :D . We'll be seeing you guys on the water soon. Ready for some good times :) !

Desert Rat
05-20-2007, 07:40 PM
We are WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAY looking forward to it
( Don't thik I over did it do you???)

TAF
05-21-2007, 12:17 PM
LOL! The bar is always open early :devil: .
" but we need to set up a lake trip! "
:D .
You guys should come to PHX , AZ the weekend after Father's Day weekend, a ton of us are headed to Lake Pleasant. Pic Chic is even flying out:D All the local big boaters and jetboys will be there.:idea: :sqeyes: :D If ya drive out without the boat I know of two diff. boats you could help tow to the lake.:eek: :)
By the way, how's the little one .....and I'm not referring to Cale

Dons_donzi
05-21-2007, 01:54 PM
did i hear someone say the boat problem was the kill switch....?
:jawdrop:
hmmmm....
ok... i'll shut my mouth... (but thats like "one of the first things you'd check.." or maybe its just me.... :D )
oh well... its all about "getting to know" the boat.
i'll admit i changed out a few parts on mine before i realized that second battery switch had to be on to do a few things....
but hey.... if we learn from our mistakes, i should be the smartest focker on the planet.
so... where do i sign up for a boat ride...!!!!

Mrs Luvnlife
05-21-2007, 02:32 PM
Glad to hear the problem has been fixed and hopefully didnt break the bank.
Thanks Rich.
We are WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAY looking forward to it
( Don't thik I over did it do you???)
Not a bit :D .

Mrs Luvnlife
05-21-2007, 02:37 PM
You guys should come to PHX , AZ the weekend after Father's Day weekend, a ton of us are headed to Lake Pleasant. Pic Chic is even flying out:D All the local big boaters and jetboys will be there.:idea: :sqeyes: :D If ya drive out without the boat I know of two diff. boats you could help tow to the lake.:eek: :)
By the way, how's the little one .....and I'm not referring to Cale
Originally, we were trying to plan for a visit to see the parentals in June and I think that was actually the weekend we were planning. But it ends up working better that we head out July 4th weekend. Dang, that sounds fun.....I've always wanted to hit Pleasant, looks like a nice lake! Wish we were a bit closer :( .
She's doing great, thanks for asking ;) .

photo chick
05-21-2007, 02:51 PM
Originally, we were trying to plan for a visit to see the parentals in June and I think that was actually the weekend we were planning. But it ends up working better that we head out July 4th weekend. Dang, that sounds fun.....I've always wanted to hit Pleasant, looks like a nice lake! Wish we were a bit closer :( .
Hey girl it's only an 8 hour drive!! What day are you getting to Red Bluff?

Mrs Luvnlife
05-21-2007, 02:53 PM
did i hear someone say the boat problem was the kill switch....?
:jawdrop:
hmmmm....
I'm no pro, but it wasn't that the kill switch wasn't on...it was the way the kill switch was wired :confused: (again just the basics from all the jibberish I was told)....so on that note, even Bob @ Teague thought it was gonna be simple and be a 20 min. quick fix in the parking lot and they weren't able to track it down, so they had to dig a little further.
ok... i'll shut my mouth... (but thats like "one of the first things you'd check.." or maybe its just me.... :D )
WTF? You were parked 12 ft. away from us a month and a half ago....why are you telling me this now :idea: :hammer2: :D ??

Mrs Luvnlife
05-21-2007, 02:58 PM
Hey girl it's only an 8 hour drive!! What day are you getting to Red Bluff?
An 8 hour drive there and back with 2 kids :2purples: everytime we go :hammer2: :D :D ;) .
We will be there Friday hopefully before noon :) . How bout you??

TAF
05-21-2007, 02:59 PM
I don't really care for Pleasant ( no sandy beaches if any) other than to float in Humbug cove and drink and meet the scenery........Apache Lake is much more :sqeyes: naturally scenic, just ask AZKC. Oh yeah, I forgot to mention I got stung :mad: by a bee 2 weekends ago when at Apache to fix the bunks / runners on my pontoon trailer. Nothing a 30 pack couldn't cure!:) :sqeyes: :D

TAF
05-21-2007, 03:06 PM
An 8 hour drive there and back with 2 kids :2purples: everytime we go :hammer2: :D :D ;) .
We will be there Friday hopefully before noon :) . How bout you??
Actually I'll probably drive and let her relax. We are flying in Thurs. 4 PM in Sac. then drive up the rest arriving 6 - 6:30 PM?:D

Mrs Luvnlife
05-21-2007, 03:16 PM
I don't really care for Pleasant ( no sandy beaches if any) other than to float in Humbug cove and drink and meet the scenery........Apache Lake is much more :sqeyes: naturally scenic, just ask AZKC. Oh yeah, I forgot to mention I got stung by a bee 2 weekends ago when at Apache to fix the bunks / runners on my pontoon trailer. Nothing a 30 pack couldn't cure!
Ya, I guess I've just always wanted to check it out. We've been down to the bar area....imagine that :D :D , but I thought it would be cool to drag the boat out there and see it. I'm with you, I like beaches. I'm not much for tying up, I get antsy and gotta run the boat, love to burn the fuel :D . Rumor has it noone in AZ actually uses their boats anyway, they just park em :confused: :D :D .
I've seen Kevin's pics from Apache, they're always beautiful pictures! That's the 'fall off the cliff to get there' lake, right??
Sorry you got a bee sting :( , you certainly had to feel better after the 30 pack ;) .

TAF
05-21-2007, 03:26 PM
Ya, I guess I've just always wanted to check it out. We've been down to the bar area....imagine that but I thought it would be cool to drag the boat out there and see it. I'm with you, I like beaches. I'm not much for tying up, I get antsy and gotta run the boat, love to burn the fuel :D . Rumor has it noone in AZ actually uses their boats anyway, they just park em I've seen Kevin's pics from Apache, they're always beautiful pictures! That's the 'fall off the cliff to get there' lake, right??
Sorry you got a bee sting :( , you certainly had to feel better after the 30 pack ;) .
Yeppers, that's the road to the lake. I had been at the lake only an hour when I got stung but was finishing my 3rd beer by then and rushed down to the water to cool the sting off and show a cute young thing my owie! :sqeyes: She asked if I was allergic :( and I said sometimes when it swells up really big. It wasn't too big but extremely hard for a couple days.:sqeyes: They have races in front of one of the camp spots up near the Roosevelt dam each evening. Restaurant has great food too.
If you guys don't bring yer boat in July I sure some of us can take you guys out:idea: :D

photo chick
05-21-2007, 03:38 PM
It wasn't too big but extremely hard for a couple days
TMI brother dear!

Mrs Luvnlife
05-21-2007, 03:45 PM
Yeppers, that's the road to the lake. I had been at the lake only an hour when I got stung but was finishing my 3rd beer by then and rushed down to the water to cool the sting off and show a cute young thing my owie! She asked if I was allergic and I said sometimes when it swells up really big. It wasn't too big but extremely hard for a couple days. They have races in front of one of the camp spots up near the Roosevelt dam each evening. Restaurant has great food too.
If you guys don't bring yer boat in July I sure some of us can take you guys out:idea: :D
:jawdrop: :jawdrop: :sqeyes: :) :D
I told my dad we wanted to meet up with friends for drinks and he told me to have everyone come to the house for drinks, BBQ, pool/jacuzzi and so on and so on....I asked him if he knew what he was getting himself into :jawdrop: :D . Hope to see ya one way or another!!