PDA

View Full Version : Look what I got for the Sanger.

Dominator Scott
05-04-2007, 08:19 AM
Bought it from a fellow member here "Dale" last night and it's being chrome powder coated as I type this. I pick the tunnel ram up this afternoon from the powder coating shop this afternoon and then I am in the garage tonight putting it on.
Probably won't do much for performance but will look cool as all hell in my opinion. The velocity stacks won't be used because I am sticking with the street scoop I currently have on the motor.
Whatcha guys think?
Should really finish the motor off in the Sanger.

b's sanger
05-04-2007, 08:28 AM
I like the tunnel ram look OBVIOUSLY. :D Your right, not much going to be done in the performance area unless you are turning a few rpms.

squirt'nmyload
05-04-2007, 02:16 PM
thats gonna look sweet scott!!!!!!

e514jet
05-06-2007, 10:46 AM
sweet scott!! I have my boat sanded down. Painting it this week. E

Dominator Scott
05-07-2007, 07:12 AM
Well the tunnel ram is powder coated and now installed. We took the Sanger out for a shakedown run and the results were very pleasing. The intake ports on the Torker intake were a 1/3 smaller than my heads but the tunnel ram ports match up perfectly for ZERO flow disruption. The only problem I ran into was a lean condition due to the secondaries not opening completely past 2/3 throttle. But even at 2/3's throttle we were flirtin' with 70mph on the speedo which is 3-4mph faster than before with the Torker intake and 800Holley carb. I realize the speedo isn't very accurate but I could feel the speed difference and the mid range acceleration is insane compared to before.
Here are some pics for ya. Tell me if you like.

IMPATIENT 1
05-07-2007, 07:23 AM
looks cool. scott i thought this was your dad's boat? i used to "borrow" my dad's stuff too:D :D

Dominator Scott
05-07-2007, 07:37 AM
looks cool. scott i thought this was your dad's boat? i used to "borrow" my dad's stuff too:D :D
Yeah it's dad's toy but since I restored it I get to play with it too. He actually sprung for the tunnel ram set-up after a little persuading on my part.
Works great for him considering he gets all this performance stuff installed by me for free and he just has to drive it this summer and not wrench on it. The boat goes back to him in June until September then back to me until the snow flies and I store it for him for the winter.

e514jet
05-07-2007, 07:50 AM
looks great scott!! Should have my paint done this week. Painting it ford
sonic blue. Should come out nice. E

Dominator Scott
05-07-2007, 07:53 AM
looks great scott!! Should have my paint done this week. Painting it ford
sonic blue. Should come out nice. E
Be sure to post some pics when she is painted.