PDA

View Full Version : Thanks Again Orange County Boat Repair

southbayrhino22
05-04-2007, 10:37 AM
I just got my Ultra 22 stealth back and the floor came out perfect. I guess when Ultra built my boat back in 2000 they didnt fiberglass the plywood in the floor and it rotted away within 7 years.While the boat was down to the hull I replaced every nut with a nylock and every electric connection with heatshrink butt connectors.
This was my fourth time over 7 years to O.C.B.R. and everytime the work is excellent. They specialize in fiberglass and scratches in gel coats. Ill try and post pics later of my boat and a before and after of some of their quality work.Thanks to them my boat looks like new.

voodoomedman
05-09-2007, 06:43 AM
I just got my Ultra 22 stealth back and the floor came out perfect. I guess when Ultra built my boat back in 2000 they didnt fiberglass the plywood in the floor and it rotted away within 7 years.While the boat was down to the hull I replaced every nut with a nylock and every electric connection with heatshrink butt connectors.
This was my fourth time over 7 years to O.C.B.R. and everytime the work is excellent. They specialize in fiberglass and scratches in gel coats. Ill try and post pics later of my boat and a before and after of some of their quality work.Thanks to them my boat looks like new.
Where did you buy your boat from?

southbayrhino22
05-09-2007, 08:00 PM
From the Ultra off the 118 out kinda by Magic Mountain. Salesman was a guy named brad. I think it is now Lightning boats. I need to research it more. I dont know if they were a branch of Ultra at the time or what. The main thing I remember is paying them $3800 for a warranty I never got. I think the service guy was Gavin. At least the hull was assembled right and my Gelcoat is still bitchen. Now the inside and rigging are perfect and Im ready for 8 days of Naci 4 Memorial.

voodoomedman
05-10-2007, 05:28 AM
From the Ultra off the 118 out kinda by Magic Mountain. Salesman was a guy named brad. I think it is now Lightning boats. I need to research it more. I dont know if they were a branch of Ultra at the time or what. The main thing I remember is paying them $3800 for a warranty I never got. I think the service guy was Gavin. At least the hull was assembled right and my Gelcoat is still bitchen. Now the inside and rigging are perfect and Im ready for 8 days of Naci 4 Memorial.
At the time they were a bare hull dealer for Ultra. That's why the hull is assembled right and the Gelcoat is bitchen. That wouldn't have happened if you bought your boat from the factory. It took a while to get things sorted out after JW bought the company but now Ultra's are strictly built by the factory in El Cajon. Even if you buy it from a dealer back East it's completely built at the factory. He sold the lightning molds to them and that name and scontinues to do business with them. Cobra used to be a bare hull dealer as well, and now after the fact have started the Cobra line. If you go Ultra for your next boat you won't be dissapointed. They have been really stepping up their game recently too. As John said once, he builds every boat better than the last.

southbayrhino22
05-10-2007, 07:59 AM
Its good to hear things are changing. So I should tell everyone to not buy a lightning but consider an Ultra. Are the new Ultras assembled with Nylocks and heatshrink butt connectors? They only add about $20 to the build cost. The last time I saw or heard about JW was on the rock the boat show when the assembler screwed a hole through the fuel tank. I immediately thought that must be the idiot that helped assemble my boat.

voodoomedman
05-10-2007, 12:22 PM
Its good to hear things are changing. So I should tell everyone to not buy a lightning but consider an Ultra. Are the new Ultras assembled with Nylocks and heatshrink butt connectors? They only add about $20 to the build cost. The last time I saw or heard about JW was on the rock the boat show when the assembler screwed a hole through the fuel tank. I immediately thought that must be the idiot that helped assemble my boat.
Not saying that. I would do research though and look long and hard at companies past practices and the owners past practices and such. I have seen some very nice lightning's out on the lake and there are some on here that are very happy with them. Maybe those issues are fixed now. Hell if your out on the lake with a boat that floats and you take pride in it and care for it and want to float up in whatever cove I'm in and hang out family style then come on over. Doesn't matter if it's a Bayliner, Pontoon, or Nor-Tech. yes there are nylocks on my boat. As far as the connectors I would imagine so but I can't tell for sure as my boat is in the garage in Havasu. I will say that the rigging is nice and there are plenty of zip ties. :D I have never had an electrical issue. The boats coming out recently are even nicer than what I have. Yes it's not a Skater and maybe DCB rigs with more attention to detail but with Ultra you will get a great boat with the best in customer service in the industry. So even if something were to go wrong you can be certain they will make it right.