PDA

View Full Version : The new West Marine is open

nodigg
05-05-2007, 08:57 AM
Dropped in yesterday for a look see. They should make a killing at the new location on Industrial right next to the ramp at Windsor and all. HOLLY CRAP they are expensive! ONE stainless bimini rail mount 30.00! ??:eek: :confused:

Rod-64
05-05-2007, 09:31 AM
Was there too last night except at 11 at night passing by to go to work. Drove up and looked inside. And yes, they are expensive. I used to go to the old location to check it out. About the only thing I bought there was color matched line and nice fenders. Most other stuff such as hardware or batteries I get elsewhere.
Did score on a cool GPS instructional DVD there though.
They do have an ice box out front for those last minute cooler top offs.....Didn't notice any price .

Rexone
05-05-2007, 10:43 AM
West Marine is very expensive. Even on the internet their price is usually the highest of any vendor we check on a given item.

Rod-64
05-05-2007, 11:17 AM
What do you think just the land went for?
Nevermind the building.:eek:
Gotta sell a lot of cleat screws.:D

EAZYKILLER2006
05-05-2007, 11:18 AM
OH HECK!
i know hubby said he was going to get a bunch of shait there, when they open:(

nodigg
05-05-2007, 01:46 PM
The place down the street on London Bridge Road is less expensive. Of course they are selling out now maybe due to West Marine's new competitive location? Send Hubby to Barnacle Bill's instead/ The counter girl is WAAAAY hot too.:rolleyes:

SummitKarl
05-05-2007, 02:05 PM
Dropped in yesterday for a look see. They should make a killing at the new location on Industrial right next to the ramp at Windsor and all. HOLLY CRAP they are expensive! ONE stainless bimini rail mount 30.00! ??:eek: :confused:
as if they didn't before....WAY!!!!!!!!!!!! overpriced..........it's a last resort for me for anything...example
4pk of bumpers $109 at west
the exact same 4pk of bumpers at Barnical Bills......$49
and then there is Wall Mart bumpers are like $5 ea:rolleyes:
save your money head a block south on London bridge road and hit up Barnical bills;) for those last minute in town purchases, they also carry tons of old jet boat parts.....and a whole wall of bimini parts.
they have always been very nice to me so I continue to go back;)

SummitKarl
05-05-2007, 02:06 PM
The place down the street on London Bridge Road is less expensive. Of course they are selling out now maybe due to West Marine's new competitive location? Send Hubby to Barnacle Bill's instead/ The counter girl is WAAAAY hot too.:rolleyes:
EXACTLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D