PDA

View Full Version : New Boats on The Strip!

Boatcop
05-05-2007, 06:01 PM
We just put the new boats in service today.
21' Boston Whaler
250 HP Verado 4 Stroke w/ DTS/Smartcraft.
Raytheon GPS
Virtual Lifeline Wireless Kill Switch
http://www.boatcop.com/Whaler003a.jpg
http://www.boatcop.com/Whaler006a.jpg
Thank's to all you peeps that buy boat gas and register your boats in AZ. The other Whalers were 10 and 14 years old. So we were overdue.
That Verado is so quiet, you have to look at the tach to see of it's still running. And the Digital Shift and Throttle is awesome. No cables. Shifts and throttles up smooth as silk. :D

Parker Dreamin
05-05-2007, 06:07 PM
We thank you for doing your best to keep it safe.

XtrmWakeborder
05-05-2007, 06:09 PM
We thank you for doing your best to keep it safe.
ditto, leave the yellow and burgundy boat alone please:D

MRS FLYIN VEE
05-05-2007, 06:14 PM
very cool. How fast does it go. :D

Nord
05-05-2007, 06:24 PM
when is this guy going to learn he is not supposed to wear his hat backwords on the job???
If he gives a ticket, can't they fight it???
;)

Riverat84
05-05-2007, 06:27 PM
[QUOTE=Nord;2542992]when is this guy going to learn he is not supposed to wear his hat backwords on the job???
;)
haha!

Boatcop
05-05-2007, 06:30 PM
when is this guy going to learn he is not supposed to wear his hat backwords on the job???
;)
It doesn't blow off that way. They put it back around when they stop.
I've always said that if you're over 18 and have your ball cap on backwards, and are NOT crouched down behind home plate.......
you're a moron! ;) :D

Nord
05-05-2007, 06:37 PM
It doesn't blow off that way. They put it back around when they stop.
I've always said that if you're over 18 and have your ball cap on backwards, and are NOT crouched down behind home plate.......
you're a moron! ;) :D
LOL!!!!
BTW, he DOES NOT turn it around when he is pulling people over ;)
Anyhow, the boats look great!!! Probably won't see you until Memorial though :(

DMOORE
05-05-2007, 06:37 PM
We just put the new boats in service today.
21' Boston Whaler
250 HP Verado 4 Stroke w/ DTS/Smartcraft.
Raytheon GPS
Virtual Lifeline Wireless Kill Switch
http://www.boatcop.com/Whaler003a.jpg
Thank's to all you peeps that buy boat gas and register your boats in AZ. The other Whalers were 10 and 14 years old. So we were overdue.
That Verado is so quiet, you have to look at the tach to see of it's still running. And the Digital Shift and Throttle is awesome. No cables. Shifts and throttles up smooth as silk. :D
Hey Boatcop,
When I was at SEAL Team 3 we used to have the same boats as a support platform. Not a combat boat, but used for supporting dives and jumps ect. We ran twin 250 or 300HP Evenruds on them. Those were some of the fastest whalers around. They would give a bunch of the boats on the forum a run for thier money.:)
Great all around support platform. You just don't want to be in them out in the ocean, NOT fun in rough seas.
Darrell.

boatsnblondes
05-05-2007, 06:43 PM
Hey Alan, I gotta ask....as many of these guys as you know...ever come out of nowhere behind them with the lights on and pull them over just to mess with them?? I had a neighbor who was a cop do that to me once...funny as hell...but he still is buying the beer to make up for my shattered nerves, and sense of humor...:D

Boatcop
05-05-2007, 07:32 PM
Hey Alan, I gotta ask....as many of these guys as you know...ever come out of nowhere behind them with the lights on and pull them over just to mess with them?? I had a neighbor who was a cop do that to me once...funny as hell...but he still is buying the beer to make up for my shattered nerves, and sense of humor...:D
A couple of years ago I pulled up to Mandelon, who was just floating up by the Dam, and said. "All right. Lets see some ID."
One of his friends almost wrenched his back out, grabbing for his wallet. :D :)

Boatcop
05-05-2007, 07:51 PM
Hey Boatcop,
When I was at SEAL Team 3 we used to have the same boats as a support platform. Not a combat boat, but used for supporting dives and jumps ect. We ran twin 250 or 300HP Evenruds on them. Those were some of the fastest whalers around. They would give a bunch of the boats on the forum a run for thier money.:)
Great all around support platform. You just don't want to be in them out in the ocean, NOT fun in rough seas.
Darrell.
The 21' Justice(s) we have are rated for 300 HP max. & 700 engine lbs. The Verado's weigh 635#. All the 6 cylinder Verados (200, 225, 250, 275, 300) are the exact same engine. Same bore, stroke, & displacement. The only difference is in the fuel delivery, computer settings, and boost. (Yes, the ARE supercharged)
I would have gone with the 275 or 300, except that they recommend premium gas. While I do have grants for purchasing the boats, I have a budget for operation.
I'd bet the Whalers you used in SD were 27' Guardians. At least that's what I saw running around there when I was at Ballast Pont & CG Group San Diego from '86 - '02. They handled up to 600 HP and 1100 lbs engine weight. The 250/300 HP 2 stroke OBs ran around 525 lbs. each, so that would fit right in with the load capacity.
The "Justice" line is a relatively new design. First came out in about '94.

phebus
05-05-2007, 07:53 PM
I would think that they could somehow make the seating where the deputies don't have to bump ass cheeks to both sit down.

shueman
05-05-2007, 08:49 PM
So, when I get arrested, where do I sit....:jawdrop: :D

DeltaSigBoater
05-05-2007, 09:11 PM
So, when I get arrested, where do I sit....:jawdrop: :D
There's a seat behind the leaning post, I'm sure its quite confortable :D

DMOORE
05-06-2007, 08:31 PM
The 21' Justice(s) we have are rated for 300 HP max. & 700 engine lbs. The Verado's weigh 635#. All the 6 cylinder Verados (200, 225, 250, 275, 300) are the exact same engine. Same bore, stroke, & displacement. The only difference is in the fuel delivery, computer settings, and boost. (Yes, the ARE supercharged)
I would have gone with the 275 or 300, except that they recommend premium gas. While I do have grants for purchasing the boats, I have a budget for operation.
I'd bet the Whalers you used in SD were 27' Guardians. At least that's what I saw running around there when I was at Ballast Pont & CG Group San Diego from '86 - '02. They handled up to 600 HP and 1100 lbs engine weight. The 250/300 HP 2 stroke OBs ran around 525 lbs. each, so that would fit right in with the load capacity.
The "Justice" line is a relatively new design. First came out in about '94.
We were actually putting the twin motors on the 21footers. Twins really move those boats. They HAD to have the redundency when supporting ops 30MI off shore. We had about 6 of them at the team. We also had a 27, but due to the weight they are nowhere near as quick. It does do better in the open water. The real fun toys were at the Special Boat Unit when I was there. 41FT Fountains, and later 40ft USMI's and Halters. Good times. They no longer run Fountains and such, due to the Navy not wanting gasoline on ships.(diesel only).
Darrell.

hoolign
05-06-2007, 08:41 PM
Hey..where's the godamn hull ID #'s Mr. :D

boatsnblondes
05-06-2007, 08:50 PM
Question, Mr. Moore..did you ask for SEAL training at your enlistment? Or did you get in some other way....???
When I was in basic, and we were doing the swim tests, I was called over to a small table to talk to some guys, and they said I was a great swimmer, what did I think about becoming a SEAL??? I politley said no, as I was set up as an AW4 out of A school, BUT, I always wonder which would have been more fun..??? Thoughts?? BTW, I had four saves as a SAR crewman...not too bad...then I went fixed wing S3's...THAT was fun....but I always wondered about the SEALS....

DMOORE
05-06-2007, 08:54 PM
[QUOTE=boatsnblondes;2544376]Question, Mr. Moore..did you ask for SEAL training at your enlistment? Or did you get in some other way....???
When I was in basic, and we were doing the swim tests, I was called over to a small table to talk to some guys, and they said I was a great swimmer, what did I think about becoming a SEAL??? I politley said no, as I was set up as an AW4 out of A school, BUT, I always wonder which would have been more fun..??? Thoughts?? BTW, I had four saves as a SAR crewman...not too bad...then I went fixed wing S3's...THAT was fun....but I always wondered about the SEALS....
I joined under the dive fare program. All it really did was guarantee a try-out. If I didn't make it, I would have been haze grey for 4 years. Thats a hell of a motivation right there.
Darrell.

shrek
05-06-2007, 09:08 PM
Saw that boat runnin this weekend, looked good.......
I waved.......
Shrek

boatsnblondes
05-06-2007, 09:09 PM
[QUOTE=boatsnblondes;2544376]Question, Mr. Moore..did you ask for SEAL training at your enlistment? Or did you get in some other way....???
I joined under the dive fare program. All it really did was guarantee a try-out. If I didn't make it, I would have been haze grey for 4 years. Thats a hell of a motivation right there.
Darrell.
So having these guys call me over is rare??

DMOORE
05-06-2007, 09:15 PM
[QUOTE=DMOORE;2544382]
So having these guys call me over is rare??
Not really. They are always recruiting. If they see people who are comfortable in the water and strong swimmers during boot camp, it's a good start.
Darrell.

blackcloud75
05-06-2007, 09:24 PM
Say that thing this weekend, NICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Alan,
I like the "rubber-baby-bumpers" aka sea doo deflectors

boatsnblondes
05-06-2007, 09:37 PM
Even though it's not rare, Idon't think so..I still have always wondered if I should have said yes or not...I went on to Aircrew and SAR school, SAR is the second hardest school in the Navy behind seals...guess I coulda made it if I had done it...swam so much I thought I was gonna grow gills.....:D

BoatPI
05-07-2007, 05:26 AM
Nice to see that our tax money is well spent.