PDA

View Full Version : i dont get people

Hotcobra270
05-05-2007, 06:59 PM
Soo I'm in my car parked and I'm finishing up a phone call when I notice an audi A6 parks next to me.. I noticed he parked kinda close but I didnt think anything of it.. Then the guy opens his door and hits and dings my pasenger door.. So I get off the phone and I tell the guy that he hit my car..
The guy then tells me:
"sorry, its a parking lot".. I about blew a gasket... I didnt want to start anything but I was pretty heated at this guys attitude. I tell him that I'm going to have to get his paint buffed out from my door..
He again tells me:
"sorry dude, but its a parking lot"
His wife tell him to give me a phone number and he does, but I know its fake..
He had his small daughter and his wife with him so I didnt want to escalate the situation..
What would you do? it seems like in this situation the other person can tell you to go screw yourself and you cant do Crap about it...

YeLLowBoaT
05-05-2007, 07:03 PM
did you get his Lic plate number? if the number he gave you turns out to be fake use that to find him...

soupersonic
it seems like in this situation the other person can tell you to go screw yourself and you cant do Crap about it...
Correct, its a parking lot. Its private property.Its unfortunate that people dont care about other people's stuff. I always park way away from everyone else and i dont mind walking farther.

MR.rvrluvr
I would do what I always do....Find the nearest shoping cart and WHAMO.....sorry dude its just a parking lot...........F'r...I hate pricks like that..:devil:

photo chick
05-05-2007, 07:04 PM
That's when you dump your drink in his window and say...."Ooops looked like a trash can to me" ahhh sorry!

Mrs. casean
05-05-2007, 07:05 PM
Not for nothing, but that's how people end up with an 8' long key mark on their car.
I had a guy run a stop sign in a parking lot the other day (doing about 30mph) and almost hit me. Actually, if I hadn't locked them up right in the middle on the "intersection", he would have hit me. We both ended up at the same place and when I said "Hey, how about stopping next time?" he was very nonchalant about it. He responded more favorably to "OK, stop at the fockin' stop sign next time or I'll push your car into the Starbucks with my truck."
OMG It's ShockwaveBob! :D You're back! So does this mean you'll be out next weekend since you're home this weekend??? :D
Sorry for the hijack!

Outnumbered
05-05-2007, 07:07 PM
Soo I'm in my car parked and I'm finishing up a phone call when I notice an audi A6 parks next to me.. I noticed he parked kinda close but I didnt think anything of it.. Then the guy opens his door and hits and dings my pasenger door.. So I get off the phone and I tell the guy that he hit my car..
The guy then tells me:
"sorry, its a parking lot".. I about blew a gasket... I didnt want to start anything but I was pretty heated at this guys attitude. I tell him that I'm going to have to get his paint buffed out from my door..
He again tells me:
"sorry dude, but its a parking lot"
His wife tell him to give me a phone number and he does, but I know its fake..
He had his small daughter and his wife with him so I didnt want to escalate the situation..
What would you do? it seems like in this situation the other person can tell you to go screw yourself and you cant do Crap about it...
Exact same thing happened to me once. The guy refused to give me insurance info or money for the ding. I waited til he went in the store and I keyed his car and bailed. It was the only time I have ever done that. My brand new Acura had paper plates on it still. I was focken pissed. It was an old focker with his wife. An eye for an eye I guess. If I would have started shit with an old man I would probably have gone to jail so it was the only option:D

Mrs. casean
05-05-2007, 07:10 PM
God willing. I made it all the way to the summit before I popped a turbo. I had to limp it back home doing 30-50 mph last night. Dropped it off at Rancho today. I'm bummed.
Oh that sucks! You shoulda called us if you needed help! What a bummer! Well hopefully they'll get it fixed up by Friday :D
Just got back from a wedding so I'm a little lupped up on Wine :D
And about this topic... It just BLOWS me away how people park in parking lots. I drive a long bed c.c. truck and I just park far away because I know people just don't give a Sh.... and will park 4 inches away from our truck and ding it... kills me! Yes it's a parking lot, but have some common sense and park good or they will end up w/ dents just the same... people...

Rexone
05-05-2007, 07:13 PM
What I normally do is park in the back 40 where no one is likely to park next to me and walk. I know there are situations where you just can't (crowded). In that case I drive around and park between cars with the shortest doors if possible (never a 2 door car with long doors). That's about the best you can hope for.
You can get in the guys face over it and demand he pays for the repair, maybe he will maybe not. To escalate it further is just a losing situation over a door ding. Yes it sucks. So do many things. The world is full of arrogant pricks that don't give a shit about anyone's stuff, many times including their own. What more can you say?

dragboat
05-05-2007, 07:17 PM
Exact same thing happened to me once. The guy refused to give me insurance info or money for the ding. I waited til he went in the store and I keyed his car and bailed. It was the only time I have ever done that. My brand new Acura had paper plates on it still. I was focken pissed. It was an old focker with his wife. An eye for an eye I guess. If I would have started shit with an old man I would probably have gone to jail so it was the only option:D
Thats one you just cant win. If you "kick his a** seabass" you'll make the news for abusing the elderly!:jawdrop: If you don't you'll make the news with this old man being a hero for defending himself and kicking your a**:jawdrop:
I park out as far as I need to, so far out that the sheetbags are to lazy to walk that far.

mrs.rvrluvr
05-05-2007, 07:28 PM
What a jerk!!! I don't understand why there are so many inconsiderate buttholes in the world today.

Moneypitt
05-05-2007, 07:36 PM
What is the difference if a door ding happens in a parking lot, or on a public street?.....The moron is still responsible for the damage, just as much as if he drove over your lawn and hit your car in your driveway.....Ask the offender for personal data and pursue it as any other accident. If the offender refuses to cooperate, take the license number and report it as a hit and run......The same would apply if it was an actual fender bender due to running a stop sign in a parking lot. Most, if not all, parking lots have a little sign that says "private property, vehicle code enforced".........MP

Baja Big Dog
05-05-2007, 07:39 PM
I would leave the fake phone number on his door with a screwdriver, and a note saying the number was bad, I would go down to metal, leave the little curly metal pigtails on the paint.:mad: :mad:

XtrmWakeborder
05-05-2007, 07:39 PM
I would do what I always do....Find the nearest shoping cart and WHAMO.....sorry dude its just a parking lot...........F'r...I hate pricks like that..:devil:
Ahh great minds think alike. I shrug it off and when they come back they find a shoe sized dent in their door. OOPS!

Outnumbered
05-05-2007, 07:41 PM
What is the difference if a door ding happens in a parking lot, or on a public street?.....The moron is still responsible for the damage, just as much as if he drove over your lawn and hit your car in your driveway.....Ask the offender for personal data and pursue it as any other accident. If the offender refuses to cooperate, take the license number and report it as a hit and run......The same would apply if it was an actual fender bender due to running a stop sign in a parking lot. Most, if not all, parking lots have a little sign that says "private property, vehicle code enforced".........MP
Well, that sounds good but I can tell you from an actual fender bender I had that if the damage is less than $500 the cops will NOT come out (many years ago so it may be higher now). For a door ding they would just laugh at you. I know it sucks and I guess that is why people feel that they can get away with being ass holes.

IN2-IN2MX
05-05-2007, 07:55 PM
What a piece of crap! I would definitely have lost my temper, wife and child there or not. For him to be so "whatever" about it is the worst part. At least if he apologized and offered to send you a check or something it would have not been so bad. :mad:

BrendellaJet
05-05-2007, 07:59 PM
ROTFLMAO!
Been there, reacted differently. Honda pulls up next to my wifes Audi. I didn't see him do it, but long story short, I knew it was him because I was outside all evening and the dent wasn't there. Guys parks next to me and 5 mins later there is a ding, really did a # on my wife's A4. I let his new Accord quarter panel have it, kneed the krap out of it and left a nice little ding for him to consider.
Bastards.

JetBoatRich
05-05-2007, 08:43 PM
good answer:D

RitcheyRch
05-05-2007, 08:55 PM
I'll have to remember that one. Had some old fart kick his door open and it creased the door on my car. I was sitting in the car when it happened and it really shook my car. I got out and said something to him but he just walked away laughing. Was so pissed but was caught off guard and didnt know what to do. Hibdsight, I should have jumped on his hood like a trampoline.

Ivan Dan
05-06-2007, 12:06 AM
Oh that sucks! You shoulda called us if you needed help! What a bummer! Well hopefully they'll get it fixed up by Friday :D
Just got back from a wedding so I'm a little lupped up on Wine :D
And about this topic... It just BLOWS me away how people park in parking lots. I drive a long bed c.c. truck and I just park far away because I know people just don't give a Sh.... and will park 4 inches away from our truck and ding it... kills me! Yes it's a parking lot, but have some common sense and park good or they will end up w/ dents just the same... people...
Hi drunk girl...LOL Out at Havasu this weekend and miss you guys. :D Lets get a trip planned soon!!!! When is your guys next trip????

Noisy Nova
05-06-2007, 04:00 AM
There's a pair of diagonal wire cutters in my centre console. It is used to cut valve stems....always in pairs. Who carries 2 spare tires? That'll learn 'em.

Howie Feltersnatch
05-06-2007, 04:16 AM
Snap off the drivers' side windshield wiper. He'll have to buy another one and probably won't notice until it rains the first time.

fatboy95
05-06-2007, 05:03 AM
What are you going to do with that, call the police to report a door ding or use it to file an insurance claim with a $500-1000 deductible. It's not against the law to be an asshole.
So very true, being an asshole is difficult but sometimes you have to slash a guys tires to get your point across,

v-drive
05-06-2007, 06:24 AM
There's a pair of diagonal wire cutters in my centre console. It is used to cut valve stems....always in pairs. Who carries 2 spare tires? That'll learn 'em.
I like to pinch the valve stems. All 4 of them,I did that to a guy that lived next door to me in an apt complex when I was single.when I went to work the next morning I heard the guy in the tow truck ask him who he pissed off.
:D v-drive

RitcheyRch
05-06-2007, 07:53 AM
That definitely gets the point across.
I like to pinch the valve stems. All 4 of them,I did that to a guy that lived next door to me in an apt complex when I was single.when I went to work the next morning I heard the guy in the tow truck ask him who he pissed off.
:D v-drive

Mrs.Racer277
05-06-2007, 08:02 AM
The same thing happened to me last night...I was sitting in the hubby's truck waiting for him. 4 lil punks get into the car next to us, the girl getting in the back hits our truck with the doors, She did say she was very sorry.:rolleyes: The the fat azz boyfriend of the driver does the same thing.:devil: WTF So I am giving them a look now. And the lil punk azzz biath driving throws open her door and starts yelling at me, "WTF you looking at?" Are you FNing kidding me????? So I just continued to stare her down until she got in her POS car and burned out of the parking lot....:mad: