PDA

View Full Version : Good Morning

Morg
12-14-2002, 06:32 AM
Everyone on the west side of the hill make it through the night?
Just a little rain & a lot of wind here on this side.
Morg.

BigBoyToys
12-14-2002, 06:49 AM
Yeah Morg...You get any snow out there? I was supposed to go to Reno today but it was rescheduled for next Saturday.
I've spent the last 3 hours looking at all the weather data for CFW.....Satellites, precip totals, etc. Pretty cool stuff. :D
Looks like you got a storm moving in tonight. Winter storm warning for Reno...6"-12" overnight, strong winds creating blizzard like conditions .... Now if you could just melt it and send it to CFW eek!
[ December 14, 2002, 07:00 AM: Message edited by: BigBoyToys ]

BigBoyToys
12-14-2002, 06:51 AM
I did have a gate blow off the hinges in the middle of the night though...could've been worse, it could have taken the whole fence down.

Morg
12-14-2002, 07:00 AM
BigBoyToys:
Yeah Morg...You get any snow out there? I was supposed to go to Reno today but it was rescheduled for next Saturday.
I've spent the last 3 hours looking at all the weather data for CFW.....Satelites, precip totals, etc. Pretty cool stuff. :D Still no snow. It only got down into the 40's last night. Today might have been a good time to come up. It is still warm. The snow level is at around 7000 ft, which means you will hit verry little going over the pass at 7200 ft.
I'm just stoked to see the water. Most people don't realize that the hole electricity deal that happend a couple of years ago drained all the lakes in the sierra's & foothills. We had one year @ 75% of normal & all the lake were empty. We need a huge year just to get back to normal.
Then we need to do something about all you guy's in the land of oz...j/k :D :D
Morg.

BigBoyToys
12-14-2002, 07:03 AM
Nah...I don't want to go to Reno today anyways. I hate working on my normal days off. I have plenty to do anyways...gonna head out for the shop here pretty quick and start reassembling an engine...
[ December 14, 2002, 07:05 AM: Message edited by: BigBoyToys ]

Morg
12-14-2002, 07:06 AM
BigBoyToys:
Nah...I don't want to go to Reno today anyways. I hate working on my normal days off. I have plenty to do anyways...gonna head out for the shop here pretty quick and start reassembling an engine...Good for you. Get the beast run'n time is running out.
Did you get the heads from Jimmy through GT?

BigBoyToys
12-14-2002, 07:08 AM
Morg:
BigBoyToys:
Nah...I don't want to go to Reno today anyways. I hate working on my normal days off. I have plenty to do anyways...gonna head out for the shop here pretty quick and start reassembling an engine...Good for you. Get the beast run'n time is running out.
Did you get the heads from Jimmy through GT?No, I went out to Joe Shelfos place in Napa and got some heads from him that Tim Morgan did some work on... Joe gave me a good deal, complete set with new valves, springs, etc for $500

BigBoyToys
12-14-2002, 07:10 AM
My jaw just dropped jawdrop when I saw the boat in Joe's garage that he just finished. An alcohol flat. It was beautiful!

Morg
12-14-2002, 07:12 AM
BigBoyToys:
My jaw just dropped jawdrop when I saw the boat in Joe's garage that he just finished. An alcohol flat. It was beautiful!Way to go on the heads.
Is Joe going to run the flat or did he build it for a customer?

BigBoyToys
12-14-2002, 07:15 AM
I think he said it was for a customer. It is scary fast looking... No capsule, TAF, killer paint, etc.
Too much boat for me...for now :D But one of these days... wink
[ December 14, 2002, 07:20 AM: Message edited by: BigBoyToys ]

Morg
12-14-2002, 07:20 AM
Now that I am building a circle boat I often have delusions of grandger & think about doin'g a blow alcohol deal. I am hoping to make it down south & go for a ride with Billy B. some time soon.
I'm hoping my little 427 keeps me happy for a few years.
BTW- have you got a vcr in the new motorhome. I have around 8 hours of circle boat stuff that Gerry G. has sent me from V-Drive Video. It may be something to watch if it is raining on nyd.
Morg.

BigBoyToys
12-14-2002, 07:26 AM
Morg:
Now that I am building a circle boat I often have delusions of grandger & think about doin'g a blow alcohol deal. I am hoping to make it down south & go for a ride with Billy B. some time soon.
I'm hoping my little 427 keeps me happy for a few years.
BTW- have you got a vcr in the new motorhome. I have around 8 hours of circle boat stuff that Gerry G. has sent me from V-Drive Video. It may be something to watch if it is raining on nyd.
Morg.Yeah, You'll love the circle boat. I sold mine about 3 months ago and wished I never did. It was by far the funnest boat I've ever owned. I was a member of the SSRS for 2002 and was gonna run all the races until APBA pissed me off. That's when I decided to go to drags. I've made my opinions pretty well known about the APBA in the Super Stock thread and I'll definitely go back to the SS boats if the SSRS get's away from APBA.
I don't have a VCR in the motorhome yet, but will by New Years. I haven't even stepped foot inside the motorhome since we got it because I've been too busy at work and by the time I get home I'm exhausted. I'm gonna start prepping the motorhome this afternoon though....right after I get the engine reassembled :D
[ December 14, 2002, 07:27 AM: Message edited by: BigBoyToys ]

Morg
12-14-2002, 07:34 AM
I am also hoping the SSRS gets the ABPA back to reality.
Looking forward to meeting you at CFW.
Now go get to work. It's light out. :D :D
Morg.
[ December 14, 2002, 07:37 AM: Message edited by: Morg ]

BigBoyToys
12-14-2002, 07:39 AM
here's a fe pic's of the "old" boat
http://www.pritek.net/bigboytoys/vboatside2.jpg
http://www.pritek.net/bigboytoys/vboatside.jpg
http://www.pritek.net/bigboytoys/vboatfront2.jpg

Morg
12-14-2002, 07:49 AM
Good looking boat. I had checked out your web site around a year ago when I started looking for my boat.
I understand the reason why you got out of the circle racing deal, But it would have been nice to hold onto the boat for a really fun river toy.
I understand you have a number of boats. But never sell a v-drive before a jet. You will usually regret it. :D :D :rolleyes:
j/k I'm sure you have other reasons for selling the beisemeyer.
Morg.

BigBoyToys
12-14-2002, 07:53 AM
Morg:
Good looking boat. I had checked out your web site around a year ago when I started looking for my boat.
I understand the reason why you got out of the circle racing deal, But it would have been nice to hold onto the boat for a really fun river toy.
I understand you have a number of boats. But never sell a v-drive before a jet. You will usually regret it. :D :D :rolleyes:
j/k I'm sure you have other reasons for selling the beisemeyer.
Morg.Yeah, the Mrs said (at the time) only 1 race boat. Since I wasn't gonna run circles anymore, and the Biesemeyer only had 2 seats in it (not a family boat) it was the odd boat out. It sat for 2 months during the summer before I sold it. That just ain't me! LOL I can't have a boat sitting in the summer....tears me up not to take them out. :D And yes, I'm kicking myself in the a$$ for getting rid of it... :(
I think I also might have pissed off a few folks out at CFW running circles in the cove this past summer :p
[ December 14, 2002, 07:58 AM: Message edited by: BigBoyToys ]

BigBoyToys
12-14-2002, 07:55 AM
I'm gonna go see if I can drag the Mrs outta bed so I can go get to workin' on the boats and motorhome. Talk to ya later.

Morg
12-14-2002, 07:58 AM
You never know what the future will hold.
I'm hoping between my Revenge sprint & SSMike's Daytona sprint, We can get some interest in the sprint boats up north & start seing a few more of them.
Maybe some day you will again have one. wink
Time to go shopping. (Summit is about to open) I will check back in with you later.
Morg.

Stab-n-Steer
12-14-2002, 08:04 AM
Morg:
Morg.Morg,
Weather report from Nevada City... Rained ALL DAY yesterday! Very windy this morning. Drove down to Auburn to pick up my new prop shaft fron V-Drive Tom... Drove over the Bear River, which feeds Camp Far West, it was screaming! I don't think the New Year's party will suffer for water after this!
S&S

GofastRacer
12-14-2002, 08:14 AM
Morg:
You never know what the future will hold.
I'm hoping between my Revenge sprint & SSMike's Daytona sprint, We can get some interest in the sprint boats up north & start seing a few more of them.
Maybe some day you will again have one. wink
Time to go shopping. (Summit is about to open) I will check back in with you later.
Morg.Damn, too bad you're so far away or I'd be right beside you guys!!.. wink

Sangster
12-14-2002, 08:49 AM
Stab-n-Steer:
Morg:
Morg.Morg,
Weather report from Nevada City... Rained ALL DAY yesterday! Very windy this morning. Drove down to Auburn to pick up my new prop shaft fron V-Drive Tom... Drove over the Bear River, which feeds Camp Far West, it was screaming! I don't think the New Year's party will suffer for water after this!
S&SBest news I've heard all day....

Her454
12-14-2002, 09:26 AM
Morg:
Morg.i wish that black cloud would get the hell away from my house lately...lost another big branch to the storm only to fall right on the hood of my celica. auntie em, auntie em...theres no place like home...theres no place like home. morning everyone.

smalls
12-14-2002, 09:27 AM
That's what I'm talkin about! :D

dossangers
12-14-2002, 10:07 AM
Now that I am building a circle boat I often have delusions of grandger & think about doin'g a blow alcohol deal. I am hoping to make it down south & go for a ride with Billy B. some time soon Morg we had billy b on radar at moabi on the river last trip a few 130 s that boat honks also at red rock he tore it up he knows how to drive that boat!

Morg
12-14-2002, 10:10 AM
A couple of high clouds Windy & blus sky here in Reno.
WTF.. I never thought I would say it but the one type of weather that I miss since movintg to Reno is a rainy day. It just don't happen here in the desert. Duh. :confused: :confused:
Her454 sorry to here about your car. :(
Good new about cfw. We may be in the cove yet. :rolleyes:
Morg.

Morg
12-14-2002, 10:14 AM
dossangers:
Now that I am building a circle boat I often have delusions of grandger & think about doin'g a blow alcohol deal. I am hoping to make it down south & go for a ride with Billy B. some time soon Morg we had billy b on radar at moabi on the river last trip a few 130 s that boat honks also at red rock he tore it up he knows how to drive that boat!Wow eek! eek! I think I want to go for a ride eek! eek!
On second thought, Of course I want to go for a ride :D :D :D .
Morg.

Sangster
12-14-2002, 01:38 PM
Morg, Are you happy http://www.handykult.de/plaudersmilies.de/happy/invasion.gif now..You have to be gettin' rain today.... smilespi

Morg
12-14-2002, 02:02 PM
Sangster:
Morg, Are you happy http://www.handykult.de/plaudersmilies.de/happy/invasion.gif now..You have to be gettin' rain today.... smilespi What rain? The sun has been out all day.
The sun is out the wind is blowing, the neighbor just put up one of the concrete interlocking block retaining walls. IT BLEW OVER!!!!. I am dead serious, he did not have a chance to fill in the dirt behind it yet. it fell over backwards.
Christmas lights are flying off peoples houses. I almost got hit by a 12'x16' piece of HVAC duckting that blew off the roof of the convention center. I saw a shopping cart doin'g 20 mph cave in the side of a toyota carolla. I was getting off the freeway, We were traveling with the wind & a tumble weed caught & hit the truck next to me-I was still doing 45mph.
I not making this shit up it's freak'n windy.
But you could get a sun tan.
Morg.

Sangster
12-14-2002, 02:10 PM
http://www.planetsmilies.com/smilies/confused/confused24.gifWe're sure gettin a bunch here..And thats a good thing....
[ December 14, 2002, 02:11 PM: Message edited by: Sangster ]

Monkey Bung
12-14-2002, 02:21 PM
BigBoyToys:
here's a fe pic's of the "old" boat
http://www.pritek.net/bigboytoys/vboatside2.jpg
http://www.pritek.net/bigboytoys/vboatside.jpg
http://www.pritek.net/bigboytoys/vboatfront2.jpgBBT Why would you get rid of this boat and buy a jet??? :confused: :D

Morg
12-14-2002, 02:24 PM
Sangster:
http://www.planetsmilies.com/smilies/confused/confused24.gifWe're sure gettin a bunch here..And thats a good thing....Yes that is a good thing. If the wind calms down we might get some clouds to hang out. then we could also get some.
Stay dry & warm. I'm off to my buddies house. He just got a "G" guage train that is live steam. Real steam engine. We are going to steam it up for the first time.
Everyone play nice while I'm gone.
Morg :D :D

Sangster
12-14-2002, 04:10 PM
Watch out for the http://smilies.networkessence.net/s/otn/violent/stormzap1.gif Morg, Take a Ground Strap with ya.....

Morg
12-14-2002, 07:44 PM
Sangster:
Watch out for the http://smilies.networkessence.net/s/otn/violent/stormzap1.gif Morg, Take a Ground Strap with ya.....The wind calmed down & it's actually raining. The temp also dropped deg. should have snow soon :D :D :D
Morg.

K3-River-Rat
12-14-2002, 09:15 PM
RiverDave:
What's a "G" Guage Train?
RDI'm pretty sure it's a scaled down version of the original steam engine and the "G" is in reference to the size of scale in which it has been reproduced...
I was wondering if he might have a pic of that steam engine he could post wink
Sound pretty interesting! :cool:
Nick (wild lavey) should be on here in a little while maybe he knows something about the "G" scale trains :confused:
How about it Morg got a pic so you can show us this steam engine?? You've got us a bit curious here :D
[ December 14, 2002, 09:26 PM: Message edited by: K3-River-Rat ]

Morg
12-15-2002, 09:53 AM
K3-River-Rat:
RiverDave:
What's a "G" Guage Train?
RDI'm pretty sure it's a scaled down version of the original steam engine and the "G" is in reference to the size of scale in which it has been reproduced...
I was wondering if he might have a pic of that steam engine he could post wink
Sound pretty interesting! :cool:
Nick (wild lavey) should be on here in a little while maybe he knows something about the "G" scale trains :confused:
How about it Morg got a pic so you can show us this steam engine?? You've got us a bit curious here :D This is the train we ran http://roundhouse-eng.com/pics/fowlerb.jpg
It is pretty much "G" scale which stands for"- Garden scale. The engine & tender is around 18"-22". It has a butane boiler & is remote controled.
Last night was the first time it had been fired. The thing ran great. Light the burner, wait for the check valve to blow steam & run it.
Pretty cool stuff but of course it is expensive. www.roundhouse-eng.com (http://www.roundhouse-eng.com)
Morg.

Sangster
12-15-2002, 10:08 AM
Sounds like fun Morg http://216.40.249.192/mysmilies/otn/party/beerchug.gif ......

Sangster
12-15-2002, 10:16 AM
Morg, K-flat's doing a great job with your avatar..The little red X is the best one yet.. You should have ME setup your avatar. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
[ December 15, 2002, 10:18 AM: Message edited by: Sangster ]

dossangers
12-15-2002, 10:35 AM
Good morning, Dopler 7000 dallas norains you guys are gettin it all !! :( frown