PDA

View Full Version : harley

EAZYKILLER2006
05-05-2007, 09:56 PM
yea i am a bit worried :( i cant sleep :( i think hubby bought a bike...we pick it up tomorrow
its his b day,and he got a promotion :) he deserves what ever he wants
thing is:jawdrop: i HATE BIKES REALLY HATE HATE HATE HATE DID I SAY HATE:cry:
i just know :sqeyes: i will DIE ON A BIKE
OR HE WILL OR WE BOTH WILL:)
I GUESS ITS A GOOD THING I LIVE LIFE LIKE ITS MY LAST...
NOW, IT PROBABLY WILL BE:)
if i told hubby how i felt, he wouldnt get one
i know this cus for over 10 years he has wanted a bike...and he wouldnt get one cus i hate them
now, i act like i like them ...but i dont:(
:sleeping: now i cant sleep

DAVEO
05-05-2007, 10:03 PM
Dont stress All you can do is make sure you both wear the proper gear..And watch out for everyone on the road.

YeLLowBoaT
05-05-2007, 10:05 PM
and make him take the class... I remember reading in the news paper not too long ago that something like 85% of wrecks envoleing a bike were by people that did not take the CHP class.

DAVEO
05-05-2007, 10:06 PM
and make him take the class... I remember reading in the news paper not too long ago that something like 85% of wrecks envoleing a bike were by people that did not take the CHP class.
Good call!

EAZYKILLER2006
05-05-2007, 10:08 PM
Dont stress All you can do is make sure you both wear the proper gear..And watch out for everyone on the road.
lol thanks
but i saw harrys leg...(shockwaveharry)
didnt look to good...
hi harry;)
yep i am doing to die:(

EAZYKILLER2006
05-05-2007, 10:10 PM
yea he is taking the class its in barstow
what if i fall asleep on a bike:( then i am dead ?:(

DAVEO
05-05-2007, 10:12 PM
DEEP BREATH DEEP BREATH. Are you scared to run rast in your boat? If not whats the differance. They are both dangerous.

YeLLowBoaT
05-05-2007, 10:13 PM
I've heard that the bitch seat vibrates like crazy...:eek: :)

DAVEO
05-05-2007, 10:13 PM
Good but if you can fall asleep on a bike then your not that scared.

EAZYKILLER2006
05-05-2007, 10:15 PM
DEEP BREATH DEEP BREATH. Are you scared to run rast in your boat? If not whats the differance. They are both dangerous.
everyone know i have a big problem staying awake ...so i know i will fall asleep on the bike
i sleep on the rhino:eek:

DAVEO
05-05-2007, 10:15 PM
I've heard that the bitch seat vibrates like crazy...:eek: :)
You might just like that...:D

EAZYKILLER2006
05-05-2007, 10:16 PM
Good but if you can fall asleep on a bike then your not that scared.
lol no i close me eyes cus i am scared
then next think i know i am asleep:(

DAVEO
05-05-2007, 10:17 PM
everyone know i have a big problem staying awake ...so i know i will fall asleep on the bike
i sleep on the rhino:eek:
OK well then coffee , rockstar, redbull, stay awake drinks....

DAVEO
05-05-2007, 10:18 PM
lol no i close me eyes cus i am scared
then next think i know i am asleep:(
LOL I see your point.

Moneypitt
05-05-2007, 10:26 PM
EZ, is that some sort of gang sign / language in your avatar???? If it isn't, it sure looks like it is, and if it is, why?..........MP

EAZYKILLER2006
05-05-2007, 10:47 PM
EZ, is that some sort of gang sign / language in your avatar???? If it isn't, it sure looks like it is, and if it is, why?..........MP
if you say so...:rolleyes: it is a peace sign ...randy's daughter britt (whos 11) randy from R&R's products(where we bought the rhino)
well ,anyways britnay said the kewl way to hold up the peace sign :) was side ways...
i thought it was funny, that a young kid had to tell me how to be kool...so now i have my peace sign sideways
but if you want to say its a gangster sign ...:rolleyes: then i guess it is ...or why would you say it?...either way i am eazy....

Moneypitt
05-05-2007, 11:11 PM
Well EZ, I don't claim to be up on today's 11 year olds pop culture, but flashing that particular "peace" sign to the wrong people could result in a little more "peace" than you bargined for, like R.I.P............MP

EAZYKILLER2006
05-05-2007, 11:16 PM
Well EZ, I don't claim to be up on today's 11 year olds pop culture, but flashing that particular "peace" sign to the wrong people could result in a little more "peace" than you bargined for, like R.I.P............MP
whatever like i am worried:rolleyes: ...i am more worried of the reality of falling off the bike... thats actually more likely

boatsnblondes
05-05-2007, 11:20 PM
I fyou are this upset about it kiddo, you need to talk to him about it... I know I would want Chris to tell me if she was this upset about it....let him know how ya feel...and get some sleep...make some HC...<hot Chocolate> that helps...

EAZYKILLER2006
05-05-2007, 11:26 PM
I fyou are this upset about it kiddo, you need to talk to him about it... I know I would want Chris to tell me if she was this upset about it....let him know how ya feel...and get some sleep...make some HC...<hot Chocolate> that helps...
lol i cried enough:( guess i will be able to sleep now
naw i wont tell him how i feel, cus he wont get it
we go tomorrow morning to pick it up:(
its a softtail
screaming eagle duce i think yea thats it
http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q71/eazykiller2006/2004_5_FXSTDSE_cobalt.jpg

EAZYKILLER2006
05-05-2007, 11:30 PM
oh my f gosh where do i hold on, ON that back seat ? yep i will be a fallin:confused:

shockwaveharry
05-05-2007, 11:51 PM
OMG! Don't even get me started!!! Incomparable!
I nearly lost my leg in a 15mph accident and so far it's done nearly everything to my life short of ruining it... But I'm still not through with it yet.
Nine operations later and 18 months worth of pain more intense than anyone should ever be exposed to and I'm here to tell you that I wish I never got on my bike that day... But you couldn't get me off it before the accident. I honestly thought it would never happen to me.
That's why I don't preach to anyone about weather or not they should ride.
But I do have an opinion... Riding was an incredible, free feeling. My bike was powerful and fast and I used it all the time. In fact, it was the greatest feeling in the world until the moment that guy crossed the double yellow out of the carpool lane on top of me. I haven't walked, worked or had a day without pain since.
Not worth the risk to me anymore. I'll never ride again. Life, and quality of life, is too precious.
http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k186/shockwaveharry/08-13-05_1439.jpg

boatsnblondes
05-06-2007, 12:50 AM
Harry, so sorry to hear all that your going through...hope things ease up in the future....thats the reason I never chose to ride...I never thought I was safe, and I don't trust other drivers...and having NO prection on a bike...I just never thought it looked fun....have a good friend who was a motor cop, woman pulled out in front of him, he flew through the air like a bird, landed, and was retired, never worked since...be well..take care....

DAVEO
05-06-2007, 06:59 AM
OMG! Don't even get me started!!! Incomparable!
I nearly lost my leg in a 15mph accident and so far it's done nearly everything to my life short of ruining it... But I'm still not through with it yet.
Nine operations later and 18 months worth of pain more intense than anyone should ever be exposed to and I'm here to tell you that I wish I never got on my bike that day... But you couldn't get me off it before the accident. I honestly thought it would never happen to me.
That's why I don't preach to anyone about weather or not they should ride.
But I do have an opinion... Riding was an incredible, free feeling. My bike was powerful and fast and I used it all the time. In fact, it was the greatest feeling in the world until the moment that guy crossed the double yellow out of the carpool lane on top of me. I haven't walked, worked or had a day without pain since.
Not worth the risk to me anymore. I'll never ride again. Life, and quality of life, is too precious.
http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k186/shockwaveharry/08-13-05_1439.jpg
Im not saying that the danger is the same. Im saying that they are both dangerous. Im sorry about your accedent. I hate to hear things like that. It the other people Ive worried about. Thats why I dont ride. Would love to but Ive heard too many stories like yours. Good luck with recovery. pain sucks Ive been in pain for close to 20 years. From an old accedent I have nerve damage in my neck sholders and left arm.

MR.rvrluvr
05-06-2007, 07:33 AM
I have wrecked lots of bikes, dirt and street. I chalk it up to a learning curve. I have T-Boned a car at 50 mph and flew across the street and landed on my head, that one woke me up and taught me alot. I will still ride. I slid down a freeway at 75 mph after loosing the front tire, had road rash for weeks and still have no feeling in my right calf, but I still ride...
point is we can die takeing out the trash, crossing the street, eating a ham sandwich. If you live your life afraid of it, Life will suck....You just have to be as carefull as you can....:)
Lauri, I love you and Fernando. We have become pretty good friends lately, don't freek yourself out too much, Just take a deep breath and enjoy it.:)

g935
05-06-2007, 07:37 AM
I bought a ninja a few years back. Thought it was the greatest thing. A lady moved over into my lane. She never looked. I could see her kids in the back seat yelling at her that I was right there. Nothing happened because I moved over another lane. I sold the bike the next week. I didn't even go through one tank of gas. I am much safer on the track in my 200 mph Porsche than that bike.
Geoff

mrs.rvrluvr
05-06-2007, 07:45 AM
Fernando & I can take the CHP motorcycle class together. I'm looking to do it next month. I luv you girl. Don't freak out too much. Riding a bike is really a great experience. I have been on the riding on the back of bikes for years, and I love it. Now it's time to get my own bike. I promise, once you get on & start feeling comfortable, you won't ever want to get off the bike.

photo chick
05-06-2007, 08:03 AM
It is a lot of fun Laurie, my ex and I had one for years. I was very nervous at first, and not much scares me, but after a few times out I loved it. Soon I was wanting to go faster and faster and more and more often. It was a croch rocket so it was pretty uncomfortable but still a lot of fun. Stick to the canyons and you'll be a little safer, seems like the accidents happen more frequently on the freeways. The two incidents we had were both on the I-5 in Valencia.....

sleekcraft80
05-06-2007, 08:11 AM
I rode a Harley back in the late 80s into the early 90s. I luved it. I had to get rid of it because of financial issues. I would like to get another, but I can't see me riding one in the traffic we have now. Also, when I was riding there were no helmut law. I liked it alot better that way. But don't be too scared, just hang on to your hubby and enjoy. You will get extremely used to it and begin to luv it yourself.

RT21
05-06-2007, 08:26 AM
Tell him you do not want him to get a bike. I tell everyone that is thinking about getting a bike to not get one. Especially if it is thier first (real street) bike. The learning curve for honing your street smarts is just too steep now days. Drivers are way more inconsiderate now than when I first started riding 20 years ago. I see it everyday. DO NOT start riding street bikes anywhere in So Cal. JMHO
Good luck

THATJEFFGUY
05-06-2007, 08:33 AM
Just make sure you wear your seat belt so you don't fall off :D

beaverretriever
05-06-2007, 08:41 AM
Tell your husband congrats on the new bike. The SE deuces were cool.
:)

My Man's Sportin' Wood
05-06-2007, 08:56 AM
I dozed off last weekend. Scared the sh!t out of me (figuratively :D ).

AZKC
05-06-2007, 09:35 AM
Time for a "Have you ever pooped on a Harley thread.";)

Throttle
05-06-2007, 09:48 AM
mmmm :idea:
my birthday will come around again, no promotion though... can I still have whatever I want?

photo chick
05-06-2007, 09:49 AM
Time for a "Have you ever pooped on a Harley thread.";)
:eek: does Kilrtoy have a harley?:D

Riverguy92345
05-06-2007, 10:04 AM
Laurie: You both should take the class. You can take it off of E street in Hesperia. I have the number if you want it.Don't worry about falling asleep.
My girl fell asleep from Laughlin to Parker coming home from the Laughlin Run. We can always duct tape you to Fernado.
Get the bike, we are always looking for people to ride with, and you guys are neighbors.
Riding on the Harley is no more dangerous then falling off the stage while dancing on the pole...lol...Let us know.

Bradman
05-06-2007, 10:49 AM
yea i am a bit worried :( i cant sleep :( i think hubby bought a bike...we pick it up tomorrow
i know this cus for over 10 years he has wanted a bike...and he wouldnt get one cus i hate them
Hey Eazy, my wife felt the same way as you. She took the class and actually had her own motorcycle for awhile. She never got comfortable riding it so we sold it. She started riding on the back with me last summer and I'll never forget the grip she had around my waist the first time we got on the freeway. Now, she sits back their listening to her ipod and very much loves the ride. We put on 1045 miles during the Laughlin River Run and now she's ready to get another bike. I never thought she would ever get comfortable being on a bike.

shockwaveharry
05-06-2007, 11:17 AM
I have wrecked lots of bikes, dirt and street. I chalk it up to a learning curve. I have T-Boned a car at 50 mph and flew across the street and landed on my head, that one woke me up and taught me alot. I will still ride. I slid down a freeway at 75 mph after loosing the front tire, had road rash for weeks and still have no feeling in my right calf, but I still ride...
I'm pretty sure that If I walked away from my accident with less of an injury I'd still be riding. A fraction of a second either way and I probably would have just bent a rim. But in my case, the stars lined up just right and I had a life altering injury that changed everything for me...
...But that's exactly why I don't try to preach to any of my friends who ride because I know exactly how you feel. Before the accident I could have spent the day in the trauma ward of the local hospital (my Wife actually wanted me to do that back then) and I still would have road because, in my mind, it was NEVER going to happen to me. But, it did, and now I have a new perspective. One that no rider will never have until they're in the same situation.
I rode every day, at least 100 miles, rain or shine. I did it because I loved to do it and I still would love to ride because once it gets in your blood it never goes away. I knew what I was doing and really believed that there was no situation that I couldn't get myself out of. Found out the hard way that it's not me I had to worry about but the other guy who never saw me.
I sincerely hope that all my friends ride for the rest of their lives without so much as dumping their bike at a stoplight. Unfortunately, The odds are against that.
*Just before my accident, One of my wife's customers in Yorba Linda (a personal friend) was killed when her Harley was rear ended by a drunk driver at a stop light. Her husband watched from his bike as she was dragged for a block before the guy even bothered to hit the brakes.
*Six months ago, one of the guys who replace me at work was side swiped on the freeway, totaling his bike and injuring him slightly. He missed three weeks of work. Last I heard he's not riding.
*Another tech at work was involved in an accident. Minor injuries and he continues to ride.
*Last week, My neighbors brother was riding back from Laughlin and was involved in a solo crash. Life Flighted to the hospital and remains there in stable condition.
Those are just people in my life's circle. I have many, many more friends who have been riding and nothing happened to them accept fun, excitement and good times.
But, like I said: For me, at this point in my life, it's painfully clear that benifits do not outweigh the risks.

Dribble
05-06-2007, 05:37 PM
lol i cried enough:( guess i will be able to sleep now
naw i wont tell him how i feel, cus he wont get it
we go tomorrow morning to pick it up:(
its a softtail
screaming eagle duce i think yea thats it
http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q71/eazykiller2006/2004_5_FXSTDSE_cobalt.jpg
You are a good woman.

hoolign
05-06-2007, 05:54 PM
Iv'e had 4 harleys and sold the last one after the bro in law got paralized (quad) from a t-bone by drunk. it's been 10 years since I had a bike and am just now buyin a frame to start building another...if your times up..it's up! Ridin /walkin /drivin.. death aint picky! .....live hard - have fun-lifes short!

MR.rvrluvr
05-06-2007, 06:01 PM
Laurie: You both should take the class. You can take it off of E street in Hesperia. I have the number if you want it.Don't worry about falling asleep.
My girl fell asleep from Laughlin to Parker coming home from the Laughlin Run. We can always duct tape you to Fernado.
Get the bike, we are always looking for people to ride with, and you guys are neighbors.
Riding on the Harley is no more dangerous then falling off the stage while dancing on the pole...lol...Let us know.
I traded the heritage in on a Street Glide today.....Lets ride Pm me when you want to go ......Will be at the river this coming weekend...the following weekend its defenatly ride weekend............

wildbillg
05-06-2007, 06:26 PM
YOU ARE NOT NOT NOT going to fall of the bike.
Just tell him to get a different seat and a removable back rest for you when you are on the bike. YOU will NOT NOT NOT fall of the bike, just keep saying that to yourself.

EAZYKILLER2006
05-06-2007, 07:46 PM
I traded the heritage in on a Street Glide today.....Lets ride Pm me when you want to go ......Will be at the river this coming weekend...the following weekend its defenatly ride weekend............
take hubby with ya:)
dont think i am ready to go yet

EAZYKILLER2006
05-06-2007, 07:52 PM
YOU ARE NOT NOT NOT going to fall of the bike.
Just tell him to get a different seat and a removable back rest for you when you are on the bike. YOU will NOT NOT NOT fall of the bike, just keep saying that to yourself.
oh its in the shop now, he did change up the seat & backrest and put a small rack on the back
oh and did something to the exhaust... i think we are going to take it down to havi to register it out there
of course trailer it
i'm not ready to ride it yet
yea, i have a pretty good "rat claw death grip"...so i should hold on... as long as i dont fall asleep

EAZYKILLER2006
05-06-2007, 07:53 PM
lol hey and i'll have you know i didnt fall...lol i tripped:D

Kindsvater Flat
05-06-2007, 09:27 PM
Wife let me buy one. She even bought a helmet the day we picked it up. I took her for a short easy ride and never liked it. But she likes me riding it. And always makes sure the saddle bags are on in case I have to pick something up for her.
http://www.schoutenranch.com/gallery/albums/userpics/10001/bike3.jpg

Dribble
05-07-2007, 05:45 AM
To put things in perspective a guy here in Sac was killed at Miller Park (Sac River) on Saturday when a tree branch fell on him. I guess it was his time.

VEGASBABY
05-07-2007, 06:08 AM
Dont worry, once you take a ride on the Harley and feel the vibes,you will never ride the washing machine again:D You' ll love the bike in no time!

LOWRIVER2
05-07-2007, 07:52 AM
Risk in everything, just have to decide what you are willing to give up.
A friend was broadsided on his way to work by a truck. He's been in an induced coma one week, his brain swelling is going down in part to the two holes drilled in the back of his head. Now that it appears he's going to make it, the doctors will begin putting back together his shattered ankle, broken pelvis, broken ribs and broken collar bone. He was not a daredevil by any means and his 6'4/ 260 lb. frame probably saved his internals from being injured.
I know he loved riding his "King", I look forward to talking to him again. I ride but I won't say his accident has'nt made me think about the price it carries.
Accidents occur in everything. The one percentage of odds I still can't get over is that of a motorcycle rider being involved in a fatal T/C between the hours of 10 PM and 5AM on a Saturday night. Something to the tune of 200,000 times more likely than during daylight hours. I may be off a little on the odds but it was astonishingly high.
As always, you have to figure what is your level of risk vs. reward.

Riverguy92345
05-07-2007, 04:40 PM
HEY Laura: 7609876652 is the number for the Basic Motorcycle class. They have them all over if anyone else is interested. Helps out with DMV and also insurance.Lets go riding

MR.rvrluvr
05-07-2007, 04:49 PM
HEY Laura: 7609876652 is the number for the Basic Motorcycle class. They have them all over if anyone else is interested. Helps out with DMV and also insurance.Lets go riding
I guess my invite wasn't good enough....:devil: :devil: :D :D

Kilrtoy
05-07-2007, 04:58 PM
:eek: does Kilrtoy have a harley?:D
No, He rode a real bike:D

Tom Brown
05-07-2007, 05:03 PM
...so now i have my peace sign sideways
but if you want to say its a gangster sign ...
yep i am doing to die:(
I think it's likely, however, if it should happen that hubby doesn't make it, heaven forbid, and you are fine... look me up. I'll help you earn that gangsta call sign with some serious gangsta sex.
... falling off the bike... thats actually more likely
If it should happen, I recommend you do your best to fall chest first.
its a softtail
... so he enjoys a softtail. http://www.***boat.com/ubb/graemlins/idea_2.gif
It is a lot of fun Laurie, my ex and I had one for years. I was very nervous at first, and not much scares me, but after a few times out I loved it.
It sounds a bit like swinging: scary at first but once you get into it, you can't get enough.

hoolign
05-07-2007, 05:08 PM
No, He rode a real bike:D
An ironhorse?? :D ..c'mon now

Tom Brown
05-07-2007, 05:09 PM
Hey Hooli, you should go cruising with EZ and her man. They can take the new Harley and you can hook up with them in your Argo.

hoolign
05-07-2007, 05:11 PM
Hey Hooli, you should go cruising with EZ and her man. They can take the new Harley and you can hook up with them in your Argo.
Argos gone. But they may need a ditch filled :D

Tom Brown
05-07-2007, 05:12 PM
WTF? How are you going to pick up chicks without the Argo? :jawdrop:

Kilrtoy
05-07-2007, 05:13 PM
YEp and a BMW

hoolign
05-07-2007, 05:14 PM
WTF? How are you going to pick up chicks without the Argo? :jawdrop:
Why would I need to pick up chicks? :confused: I have a long time steady one who I may add, is not impressed with you!

Tom Brown
05-07-2007, 05:17 PM
I have a long time steady one who I may add, is not impressed with you!
:jawdrop:
WTF? Did you let her browse ***boat, or something? :confused:

Kilrtoy
05-07-2007, 05:18 PM
For every 100 riders you see, ninety of them have no business riding a bike
Riding is very fun and VERY dangerous.
Most people out there have never taken a class and honestly have no clue to what the hell they are doing.
You can be the best rider in the world, but when you throw other motorist in the loop, unforeseable road and weather conditions, things happen and they happen fast.
Do yourself a favor, don't wear one of those dumb fake helmets like alot of people do. A real DOT helmet can and will save your life.
AND ALSO, DO NOT DRINK ANY ALCOHOL ON THAT THING, EVEN AS A PASSENGER.

hoolign
05-07-2007, 05:20 PM
:jawdrop:
WTF? Did you let her browse ***boat, or something? :confused:
Oh yeah ..play the duck now that we're posting on here:rolleyes:

EAZYKILLER2006
05-08-2007, 08:39 PM
thanks everyone
hope i didnt sound like such a baby:confused:
i guess i just over react with the things i hate:)
well, heres hubby he's happy
http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q71/eazykiller2006/budharley.jpg
:D
i like all the kewl things he is buying me, in hopes that i will ride:D:devil:

nodigg
05-08-2007, 09:17 PM
Motorcycles are DANGEROUS! And NEVER forget that when riding one. I first rode one and got the bug in about '68. Dirt recreational and competitive at first and for the last few years the "Cruiser Craze". These big bikes don't handle for SHITE! Especially those SPCN's or Bar hoppers I like to call them. A buddy just got a Deuce )beautiful) and rides it like he has been riding for years (hard) but hasn't the skill/experience to do so IMO. I'm afraid he may become a statistic. Remember to ride defensively. Freeways are safer than surface streets but most people are more afraid of the freeways. Green does NOT mean go. Look before entering ALL intersections! Help make your man a safe driver and he has a better chance of loving the bike and life for a life time. The safety course is a great starting point to survive. Have FUN! and be carefull!

EAZYKILLER2006
05-08-2007, 09:21 PM
Motorcycles are DANGEROUS! And NEVER forget that when riding one. I first rode one and got the bug in about '68. Dirt recreational and competitive at first and for the last few years the "Cruiser Craze". These big bikes don't handle for SHITE! Especially those SPCN's or Bar hoppers I like to call them. A buddy just got a Deuce )beautiful) and rides it like he has been riding for years (hard) but hasn't the skill/experience to do so IMO. I'm afraid he may become a statistic. Remember to ride defensively. Freeways are safer than surface streets but most people are more afraid of the freeways. Green does NOT mean go. Look before entering ALL intersections! Help make your man a safe driver and he has a better chance of loving the bike and life for a life time. The safety course is a great starting point to survive. Have FUN! and be carefull!
in hear ya honestly i will probably never get on that thing...
but i will let him buy me all the kewl shait:devil:
actually thats why he got it so he can leave me at home :(

nodigg
05-08-2007, 09:25 PM
in hear ya honestly i will probably never get on that thing...
but i will let him buy me all the kewl shait:devil:
actually thats why he got it so he can leave me at home :(
It's all about the chrome for the guys and the clothing for the gals. My wife LUVS the Harley store. She was out today trying out the new lowering kit I put on her bike last week.

EAZYKILLER2006
05-08-2007, 09:28 PM
It's all about the chrome for the guys and the clothing for the gals. My wife LUVS the Harley store. She was out today trying out the new lowering kit I put on her bike last week.
yep, i found a few things already, hubby bought me this kewl leather harley halter top... but that stuff is expensive :confused: it was like 125$:jawdrop: yikes!
me like me like lol:jawdrop:

NuckinFutz
05-08-2007, 09:30 PM
Life can end at any time. Sons best friend was killed a month ago while riding a dirt bike not 1/4 mile from our house and was wearing everything possible for safety. Not only a DOT approved helmet, but a brand new first day worn Snell approved full face helmet. Hit a jump wrong and technically died instantly from massive head trauma. Sad thing to have happen, but all his friends led the funeral prossession on their bikes and fourwheelers in tribute of him and what he enjoyed. Look at the good times, play safe, but don't live in a glass shelter hoping nothing bad will happen. Enjoy it together.

nodigg
05-08-2007, 09:34 PM
yep, i found a few things already, hubby bought me this kewl leather harley halter top... but that stuff is expensive :confused: it was like 125$:jawdrop: yikes!
One learns pretty quickly to avoid the sticker price at the Harley dealers. Shop the sales (get on the email list) and get closer to your monies worth. I bought a new windshield on the way out to Laughlin that retails for around $450.00 for $40.00! New in the box still.

Tom Brown
05-08-2007, 09:36 PM
You could turn this new hobby into a proffit center by selling some of your soiled items on eBay.

sleekcraft80
05-08-2007, 09:37 PM
Now you need some tight black leather chaps to go with that leather halter top

lilvampmw
05-08-2007, 09:38 PM
thanks everyone
hope i didnt sound like such a baby:confused:
i guess i just over react with the things i hate:)
well, heres hubby he's happy
http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q71/eazykiller2006/budharley.jpg
i like all the kewl things he is buying me, in hopes that i will ride:D:devil:
Exactly what was stated in your first thread...living life like its your last is all we all should do. All men need their toys and all we can do is support them. I am pretty sure Fernando will be really cautious, after all he is carrying his most precious gift of all :) With life an all its uncertainties we just can't afford to stay home and keep ourselves safe. We aren't safe anywhere.. live it, love it and laugh always.
Now we'll see you in all your biker outfits, wooo hooo!
Please tell Fernando HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! AND CONGRATS ON THE PROMOTION!

EAZYKILLER2006
05-08-2007, 10:14 PM
Exactly what was stated in your first thread...living life like its your last is all we all should do. All men need their toys and all we can do is support them. I am pretty sure Fernando will be really cautious, after all he is carrying his most precious gift of all :) With life an all its uncertainties we just can't afford to stay home and keep ourselves safe. We aren't safe anywhere.. live it, love it and laugh always.
Now we'll see you in all your biker outfits, wooo hooo!
Please tell Fernando HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! AND CONGRATS ON THE PROMOTION!
thanks 'shell :) i was going to call ya, but now that hubby is my boss ..i cant even use my phone:( he is a meanie:sqeyes: and wont let me have any fun at work anymore...
hey i wont be staying :D home:D lol i just wont be on the bike ...lol

EAZYKILLER2006
05-08-2007, 10:15 PM
Now you need some tight black leather chaps to go with that leather halter top
lol on special order...:D

EAZYKILLER2006
05-08-2007, 10:18 PM
One learns pretty quickly to avoid the sticker price at the Harley dealers. Shop the sales (get on the email list) and get closer to your monies worth. I bought a new windshield on the way out to Laughlin that retails for around $450.00 for $40.00! New in the box still.
if hubbys spending i am spending ...:D
he actually spent 200$ on a rhino stearing wheel :rolleyes:

ratso
05-08-2007, 10:26 PM
http://msn.foxsports.com/boxing/story/6786322

EAZYKILLER2006
05-08-2007, 10:51 PM
:(

Havasu Carrera
05-08-2007, 10:52 PM
Call me when your in town. I brought my bike out the other day. So far only make javelina's the other night.

TheCarDudes
05-08-2007, 10:54 PM
We took our ElectraGlide out for the River Run and was too lazy to load it up and bring it back home. So, I guess we'll leave it in Havi for a while. Needed something else to do at night out there anyway. This should be cool.

Havasu Carrera
05-08-2007, 11:02 PM
We took our ElectraGlide out for the River Run and was too lazy to load it up and bring it back home. So, I guess we'll leave it in Havi for a while. Needed something else to do at night out there anyway. This should be cool.
Say when. I'm not pickey. Harley big boat little boat kids no kids. Its river time!

EAZYKILLER2006
05-08-2007, 11:04 PM
lol i dont ride:D
hubby is bringing the trailer back this weekend from havi...the bike is in the shop in victorville, to have the exhaust changed
then when we go back out to havi may the 24th, he will trailer it out to havi AND will register it out in az:D since calie laws are s0ck:jawdrop: for the shait he is doing...hopefully, the bike will be ready by may the 24th
does denise go with you?:2purples:

shueman
05-09-2007, 03:09 AM
Get him some training wheels...:D

Riverguy92345
05-09-2007, 06:31 AM
lol i dont ride:D
hubby is bringing the trailer back this weekend from havi...the bike is in the shop in victorville, to have the exhaust changed
then when we go back out to havi may the 24th, he will trailer it out to havi AND will register it out in az:D since calie laws are s0ck:jawdrop: for the shait he is doing...hopefully, the bike will be ready by may the 24th
does denise go with you?:2purples:
Hey Eazy. Bring the bike by so we can see it/

westair
05-09-2007, 09:21 AM
I plan on getting a bike soon just to keep at my house in
Havi - seems like alot of cool places to ride. Wouldn't even
think of it where I live in San Diego.... its dangerous just being
in a car....no joke

spectras only
05-09-2007, 09:48 AM
EZ , I've been riding since 1964 . Had my share of encounters a few times .
Not one of my riding friends escaped injuries , albeit they all lived to tell some stories :) . If you're worried about falling asleep , get a removable sissy bar and strap yourself to it , or get a sidecar :D . Best advice I could give you is ride with as many friends as you can rather than riding with your hubby in solo . Loud pipes may make some farmers angry , so watch out on rural roads ;) . Nice bike BTW .

rmarion
05-09-2007, 02:11 PM
http://www.msf-usa.org/
is a MUST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ANYONE WHO SAYS NOT IS AN IDIOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

91nordic29
05-09-2007, 02:43 PM
For every 100 riders you see, ninety of them have no business riding a bike
Riding is very fun and VERY dangerous.
Most people out there have never taken a class and honestly have no clue to what the hell they are doing.
You can be the best rider in the world, but when you throw other motorist in the loop, unforeseable road and weather conditions, things happen and they happen fast.
Do yourself a favor, don't wear one of those dumb fake helmets like alot of people do. A real DOT helmet can and will save your life.
AND ALSO, DO NOT DRINK ANY ALCOHOL ON THAT THING, EVEN AS A PASSENGER.
this has a familiar ring to it, huh?