PDA

View Full Version : Redline Boats of Las Vegas? They are building a 29 Cat.

beaverretriever
05-06-2007, 08:36 AM
I saw the little blurb in HB in the May 07 issue.
Anyone know anything about these guys? Just wondering. It is cool to see some industry hear in Vegas.
www.redlineboats.com
http://www.redlineboats.com/showroom/index.php?p=img&id=1&imgid=1&width=500

framer1
05-06-2007, 08:45 AM
Anyone know anything about these guys? Just wondering. It is cool to see some industry hear in Vegas.
www.redlineboats.com
Pretty sure Powerboat magazine had Redline at best cat value in their latest issue.

Not So Fast
05-06-2007, 09:16 AM
Pretty sure Powerboat magazine had Redline at best cat value in their latest issue.
Didnt one of the mags have a test on this boat? I seem to remmI thought it said Redline by Revolution boats, am i wrong? Anyway it had a HP525 and I think they stretched the numbers just a bit when they said they were seeing mid 90's and running a 30p prop, they did say that IT TOOK A PROFESSIONAL DRIVER TO GET THESE NUMBERS, DUH, I dont think so. Good looking boat though ;) NSF

beaverretriever
05-06-2007, 09:21 AM
Didnt one of the mags have a test on this boat? I thought it said Redline by Revolution boats, am i wrong? Anyway it had a HP525 and I think they stretched the numbers just a bit when they said they were seeing mid 90's and running a 30p prop, they did say that IT TOOK A PROFESSIONAL DRIVER TO GET THESE NUMBERS, DUH, I dont think so. Good looking boat though ;) NSF
That is Revolution Performance Marine out of Alabama. They make a boat called the 26 Redline.
IMHO, one of the best looking cats out there. Super clean.
www.rpmpowerboats.com

Not So Fast
05-06-2007, 09:23 AM
That is Revolution Performance Marine out of Alabama. They make a boat called the 26 Redline.
OK, I thought it was an eastern boat and like a 25 or so right? Still doubt the numbers though, mid 90's with a 525 ??????????????? NSF PS der yeah, 26' Redline, it's early for me to think clearly*&**&*&%

phebus
05-06-2007, 11:09 AM
www.rpmpowerboats.com
A Doug Wright design.

Community
05-06-2007, 02:02 PM
That is a nice looking boat, have any made it out west?

beaverretriever
05-06-2007, 10:13 PM
That is a nice looking boat, have any made it out west?
I was going to shoot by there and check it out. On the site it says smokin deals on the first 5 sold. I am sure they have not sold one yet. The one on the site is not even rigged yet.

SFV2RVR
05-07-2007, 04:24 AM
The shop is owned by ted olsen, and the boat is being built by roy ayers. (boat model R/T 29). The first boat will be roys with his blown 540 in it. This thing is gonna be bad ass. I watched the whole project from day 1. No short cuts here, everything is state of the art. They've also been doing a rebuild on my Schiada. New motor, alum. heads, turbos, all new gauges, and complete interior. Ted has told me that the 1st 5 boats will be sold at cost, just to get the boats out there out on the water. The quality and price on these things is unreal. Truly a real bang for your buck kinda boat. Availible with a single, or twins.

Community
05-07-2007, 02:13 PM
Is that Roy Ayers that races the HTM? I saw him make a pass at Parker when we were staying at Big Bend a few years back...thing did haul arse - sounded good but then he got out and walked accross the deck with shoes on.

DeltaSigBoater
05-07-2007, 02:55 PM
Cool looking boats
They had 2-3 boats in the LA show on opening day, ended up pulling one out (Kentia Hall across from Fountain) due to the gell coat having major spider crack issues. Didnt see the boat myself but talked w/ the guy later in the week.
SCMA didnt want the space to sit vacant so they allowed the Century Boat dealer to come in early Sunday, I heard that there were some exhibitors who were pissed about this too.

SFV2RVR
05-07-2007, 04:05 PM
Is that Roy Ayers that races the HTM? I saw him make a pass at Parker when we were staying at Big Bend a few years back...thing did haul arse - sounded good but then he got out and walked accross the deck with shoes on.
Thats the same roy ayers. He doesnt have the HTM anymore. And no it didnt crash!:D It is the same motor that was in the HTM though.

SFV2RVR
05-07-2007, 04:07 PM
Cool looking boats
They had 2-3 boats in the LA show on opening day, ended up pulling one out (Kentia Hall across from Fountain) due to the gell coat having major spider crack issues. Didnt see the boat myself but talked w/ the guy later in the week.
SCMA didnt want the space to sit vacant so they allowed the Century Boat dealer to come in early Sunday, I heard that there were some exhibitors who were pissed about this too.
Redline doesnt have 2-3 boats. They are building the 1st one as we speak. They were suppose to bring they hull down for the L.A. boat show, but didnt make it in time.

jrgaudettes
05-07-2007, 04:14 PM
www.redlineboats.com
I might not be seeing correctly but it looks like the hull has 4 steps in the bottom. Is it just me?

SFV2RVR
05-08-2007, 04:43 AM
This is THE HTM that Roy used to race for them that he took and cut up to widen it and some other mods to it. I heard that there were A LOT more than just spider crack issues with that hull at the LA boat show. Like a huge hole under the banner that was on its side. Roy re-did the lower unit on my outboard. Really nice guy. Knows his stuff from what Ive heard. Ill be very interested to see how this turns out.
What boat at the L.A boat show? And trust me, its the furthest thing from an HTM. Theres nothing similar about the two boats. Not the bottom,top,sides,front, rear......NOTHING!

scarabrick2
05-08-2007, 05:02 AM
how do yo get in the boat?? swin platform looks a little high
nice lines

dicudmore
05-08-2007, 03:21 PM
Well it is a cut-up HTM. That is exactly what an inside source at HTM. I cant really say who said it cause I think that might cause some trouble. The boat I was talking about at the boat show was in the parking lot after the 1st day. Not sure about the details on it. I didnt see it but the source at HTM saw it first hand and also told me it was the only model they had there.
I have also heard that there is a connection with this boat and HTM...

SFV2RVR
05-08-2007, 03:36 PM
Well it is a cut-up HTM. That is exactly what an inside source at HTM. I cant really say who said it cause I think that might cause some trouble. The boat I was talking about at the boat show was in the parking lot after the 1st day. Not sure about the details on it. I didnt see it but the source at HTM saw it first hand and also told me it was the only model they had there.
Roys boat was not tecnically an HTM. Lea would not let him register it as an HTM, because the layup on it was made for drag racing only. She did not want to be responsible for him selling the boat and someone getting hurt or killed in it. And to say a "source" from HTM saw it first hand. Come on is there anybody with any credibility at HTM. Just because roy worked for her, doesnt mean you should start bashing these guys boats. She's just trying to get her hand in the cookie jar because her company is a sinking ship, and she's bitter that her best employee moved on and is doing well for himself.

parker guy
05-08-2007, 03:37 PM
This new boat should have lines like a HTM due to Roy Ares helped make the first HTM. Steve and Roy (HTM SR 24) Roy worked for HTM and left the company about a year and ahalf ago. Roy was a big part of HTM and was never really respected after Steve died.

SFV2RVR
05-08-2007, 03:39 PM
I have also heard that there is a connection with this boat and HTM...
Ya there is a connection with HTM........Roy used to work for them!

SFV2RVR
05-08-2007, 03:41 PM
This new boat should have lines like a HTM due to Roy Ares helped make the first HTM. Steve and Roy (HTM SR 24) Roy worked for HTM and left the company about a year and ahalf ago. Roy was a big part of HTM and was never really respected after Steve died.
This boat looks like the futhest thing from the HTM. And your right, they didnt respect roy for what he brought to the table for them. I'm glad he's doing well, and I'm sure there new company will do so too.

dicudmore
05-08-2007, 03:49 PM
Ya there is a connection with HTM........Roy used to work for them!
didn't he help/build the plug for the HTM?

SFV2RVR
05-08-2007, 03:52 PM
Ok.....and your point is? That automatically means this boat has the same bottom or lines? No. Look at it. You tell me anything about this boat that looks like an HTM.

RiverDave
05-08-2007, 04:03 PM
Ok.....and your point is? That automatically means this boat has the same bottom or lines? No. Look at it. You tell me anything about this boat that looks like an HTM.
With the exception of the front of the sponsons (a little) not much looks like an HTM to me..
RD

98 Vector 21
I fell a punch test comming...:D

dicudmore
lol ya mean other than the front or the sides? :D I don't recall saying it was the same bottom anywhere?? I was just asking if he built the HTM...

SFV2RVR
05-08-2007, 04:09 PM
lol ya mean other than the front or the sides? :D I don't recall saying it was the same bottom anywhere?? I was just asking if he built the HTM...
And if he did build the HTM? Where are you going with this? Does it mean this boat is going to be unsafe because he was associated with them before. NO! I'll tell ya what. If you want to ask him personally about it, PM me and i'll give you his cell phone # and you can ask him all the questions you want!

SFV2RVR
05-08-2007, 04:10 PM
With the exception of the front of the sponsons (a little) not much looks like an HTM to me..
RD
People are just tryin to stir up shit!

SFV2RVR
05-08-2007, 04:19 PM
Damn dude you need to relax. I didnt say who at HTM told me this stuff cause I didnt want immature things like this happening. I didnt say the boat is bad. I didnt say Roy is anything close to being bad at what he does. Actually I said he was a nice guy. He did a very good job putting the new skeg on my lower unit. I was told there were larger issues with the first hull than what was thought here due to rushing for the show. Do you have any pics of the bottom so we can at least compare for ourselfs?
I dont, but im sure I could get some.

SFV2RVR
05-08-2007, 04:28 PM
Roy is e-mailing me the pictures tonight. Soon as I have them I will post them

SFV2RVR
05-08-2007, 04:41 PM
I'm told they cant post any pics of the bottom because it is going thru copyright protection. After it goes thru that process they will be more that happy too. If you want to go look at it in person here is the address.
4935 Steptoe st. Suite 500
Las Vegas, Nv 89122
(702) 794-BOAT

playdeep
05-08-2007, 05:42 PM
During the whole post HTM crash meltdown,I remember reading a post from someone at Hot Boat(Brett Bayne?),that stated that the original HTM molds were splashed from a salvaged Awesome bottom...
I friend of mine just picked up a new 30 ft. HTM at the poker run...I don't believe the bottom was a quad step.

SFV2RVR
05-08-2007, 06:30 PM
Here is one of the bottom that redline sent me. Its not to detailed, but you can see the general design. I dont have a pic of the HTM bottom to compare too.
http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e320/SFV2RVR06/boat1152.jpg

GHT
05-08-2007, 06:44 PM
Vegasbaby was showing me their website the other day. Looks like a nice boat.

SFV2RVR
05-16-2007, 04:37 PM
Since I posted the picture of the bottom, where did all the haters go?:D

plaster dave
05-16-2007, 06:13 PM
What's up Mark? How is the river cruiser? BTW no way close to an HTM bottom.

SFV2RVR
05-16-2007, 08:17 PM
What's up Mark? How is the river cruiser? BTW no way close to an HTM bottom.
Im going on saturday to pick it up in vegas. Completely redone. I've been stressing out this whole week trying to get it done for memorial weekend. You going to parker?

dicudmore
05-16-2007, 09:10 PM
Im going on saturday to pick it up in vegas. Completely redone. I've been stressing out this whole week trying to get it done for memorial weekend. You going to parker?
I could deliver it to Havasu if you want?

dicudmore
05-16-2007, 09:11 PM
got busy at work :D

RiverDave
05-16-2007, 10:10 PM
Here is one of the bottom that redline sent me. Its not to detailed, but you can see the general design. I dont have a pic of the HTM bottom to compare too.
http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e320/SFV2RVR06/boat1152.jpg
I don't know anything about the 30' HTM, but I can tell you that doesn't look anything like a 24' HTM bottom.
RD

Boatlesss
05-16-2007, 10:26 PM
I don't get all this bickering.
Boat companies are like a merry go round. People work for one company then they move on to another all the time so saying one person worked here then there means nothing more than the gained experience and perspective in their life.
They have developed "Job Skills" so to speak.
Now about the boat was the original question.
Carbon fiber layup
Wide beam
Narrow sponsons. Looks like it is a single engine boat as there does not appear to be any room for a engine to fit into the sponsons.

plaster dave
05-16-2007, 10:27 PM
Nope Havasu. You need any help let me know.

SFV2RVR
05-17-2007, 05:26 AM
I could deliver it to Havasu if you want?
Thanks for the offer. I need to come out there to water test it before I bring it back to parker.

SFV2RVR
05-17-2007, 05:28 AM
I don't get all this bickering.
Boat companies are like a merry go round. People work for one company then they move on to another all the time so saying one person worked here then there means nothing more than the gained experience and perspective in their life.
They have developed "Job Skills" so to speak.
Now about the boat was the original question.
Carbon fiber layup
Wide beam
Narrow sponsons. Looks like it is a single engine boat as there does not appear to be any room for a engine to fit into the sponsons.
It does'nt look like 2 motors would fit, but they are offering it in a single, and twin.