PDA

View Full Version : Need good electrician/handyman

rvr6pac
05-06-2007, 11:44 AM
I am looking for an electrician or handyman to do some recessed lighting and put in a new light fixture above our pool table. If you know of anyone reputable but not too expensive could you let me know? In case you don't check under my user name, I live in YL. Thanks all.

andy01
05-06-2007, 12:10 PM
I am looking for an electrician or handyman to do some recessed lighting and put in a new light fixture above our pool table. If you know of anyone reputable but not too expensive could you let me know? In case you don't check under my user name, I live in YL. Thanks all.
I really enjoy that bold part of your post. Then in two weeks you'll be posting "I paid this POS to put lights in and got jerked around" YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR! I see it everyday, I have worked for a ton of people that started out cheap, then spent the money twice. Pay the dough and get it done the way YOU want it done, not based how much you paid to have it done......
Just my .02 carry on.........
Andy AKA along with all of my other titles, the owner of Total Home Improvements...

LLGirl
05-06-2007, 12:27 PM
Reputable and inexpensive do NOT go hand in hand. I agree with andy01. What you save now with an inexpensive 'handyman' will generally be paid for later when an electrical contractor comes in to fix the things you are unhappy with. I can say this with certainty because I am an electrical and mechanical contractor and receive calls occasionally from people who got exactly what they paid for the first go around :)
I live in anaheim hills, PM me with what you are wanting to do, and I can give you a ballpark of what you will likely be paying for a quality job.
mrll

rvr6pac
05-06-2007, 04:27 PM
Yah, ok, bad choice of words. I didn't mean inexpensive but reasonable. I do care about them doing a good job - I just don't want to get ripped off.
Thanks for not giving me any slack. LOL

Wheeler
05-06-2007, 05:42 PM
Would a union electrician work for you?
A friend just finished a job and is back on the books at the hall.

Ivan Dan
05-06-2007, 06:33 PM
Call Joe 714-393-7410 and tell him I referred you! I just had him install ceiling fans in all my rooms and had him put them all on switches. Great work and a reasonable price too.

SBC 4 LIFE
05-13-2007, 02:19 PM
check your pm, i may be able to help you. thanks