PDA

View Full Version : Here I come!

Ragemaster
12-01-2002, 05:47 AM
Im hiring a car hauler company to bring a couple v-drive boats back to Mich next week, from the orange county area. I have my eye on a couple now that are both runners,[one 19 ft with a 440 mopar, one 16ft with a sb chevy], both less than 2 grand. never find that here. Anyone know of a boat that maybe I should chek out before I seal this thing up? Hope to sell one of them to finance this whole thing next summer. :cool:

lakesmodified
12-01-2002, 06:44 AM
What kind of money are you having to pay to have them hauled out to you? The reason I ask, I have bought two boats in Calif(I am originally from there)in the past three years and hauled them myself back to Memphis, TN. I'm presently looking at another one, and was just wondering if I could get "In" on a deal to have them brought out at the same time. Ivan

Ragemaster
12-01-2002, 08:13 AM
Lakesmodified, I have a friend that just did this same thing with a Ford Mustang, it was in LA, and they hauled it to his doorstep in northern Mich. for 900 bucks. I will know more tonite what Im going to do as Ive generated several e-mails from this post this morning already. I will log on tonite and get back with you.

lakesmodified
12-01-2002, 10:38 AM
Rage:
<they hauled it to his doorstep in northern Mich. for 900 bucks>
I myself had a "Hotrod" transported from Ontario, CA. to Memphis, TN for only $700.00 BUT, for a boat/trailer, that same company wanted close to $1300.00 So I ended up flying out to Calif, visiting my parents for a few days and towed it back in a "One way" rented Blazer. The cost of the Blazer was under $300.00 and I spent approx $120.00 in gas. I fly for free, so that wasn't an issue. I left Victorville, CA at 9AM Mon and arrived in Memphis at 11:30PM Tue. I even spent 6 hours sleeping at a fleebag motel at the boarder between New Mexico/Texas ($40.00)
I guess I would probably do the same again, unless if I could get the cost down to around $700.

lakesmodified
12-01-2002, 10:40 AM
By the way, I just threw you a FIVE Star rating... you weren't rated and I figured I'd give you a good start!

Ragemaster
12-01-2002, 03:11 PM
Lakemod, the guy at passport vehicle transport assured me this service would cost no more than hauling a car. I hope I get this same guy on the phone tomorow! Thanks for the stars man, what are those for anyway dude?

126driver
12-02-2002, 03:09 PM
The stars are there for the jetboat guys. When you piss them off, they can take your stars away. wink :D j/k

lakesmodified
12-02-2002, 09:06 PM
126driver:
The stars are there for the jetboat guys. When you piss them off, they can take your stars away. wink :D j/k:D :D You're 100% correct!!! I started with 5 STARS, and if you don't go along with the "Crowd" Which I'm known not to do, you get stars taken away :rolleyes: Like who gives a shit? I guess soon enough, I'll have "ONE" lonely star!!! Maybe I should buy me a v-drive again, and join the "Big boys" :D

12-02-2002, 09:37 PM
Owning a V-drive is no guarantee that you will have 5 stars. I lost one when the Giants were playing the Angels in the World Series. I guess I was rootin' for the wrong team. :D

smalls
12-02-2002, 09:44 PM
058:
Owning a V-drive is no guarantee that you will have 5 stars. I lost one when the Giants were playing the Angels in the World Series. I guess I was rootin' for the wrong team. :D Five from me. You gonna make CFW?

blownschiada
12-02-2002, 10:03 PM
I love talkin smack to the jet boys.Look at my stars,I am down to two!!!!! :rolleyes: :D :D :D :rolleyes:

Brendella
12-03-2002, 12:52 AM
THATS WHY YOU SELLING THAT BLOWN V-DRIVE HUH.
JUST KIDDING :D :D

12-03-2002, 10:16 AM
smalls:
058:
Owning a V-drive is no guarantee that you will have 5 stars. I lost one when the Giants were playing the Angels in the World Series. I guess I was rootin' for the wrong team. :D Five from me. You gonna make CFW?Smalls, Thanks for the five. CFW: Not this year, we have reservations for rooms and New Years eve party at PCR. Been doing that for the last 12 years.