PDA

View Full Version : Differences, Differences, Differences........

boatsnblondes
05-06-2007, 11:56 AM
Was surfing boat trader online today, looking for schiada's...there are a couple fo nice boats for sale.....
So here is the question.....I have been around the 21's for a long time, like them, but don't know nearly as much as I should or would like to know about them...but I know nothing about the river tunnels...and there are two sweet looking ones for sale over there right now...anyone have any experience with the river tunnels?? How do they compare to the RR's.?? Do they ride better? Perform better? Handle better? Or worse?? I'm not sure I would ever want one, seems to me the only real schi is a v-drive...so can you guys fill me in on the river tunnels?? RD I'm sure you could write pages on them, please, feel free...I need to catch up here..thanks in advance for your time and help...BnB....:D

Prop Rod
05-06-2007, 02:35 PM
Was surfing boat trader online today, looking for schiada's...there are a couple fo nice boats for sale.....
So here is the question.....I have been around the 21's for a long time, like them, but don't know nearly as much as I should or would like to know about them...but I know nothing about the river tunnels...and there are two sweet looking ones for sale over there right now...anyone have any experience with the river tunnels?? How do they compare to the RR's.?? Do they ride better? Perform better? Handle better? Or worse?? I'm not sure I would ever want one, seems to me the only real schi is a v-drive...so can you guys fill me in on the river tunnels?? RD I'm sure you could write pages on them, please, feel free...I need to catch up here..thanks in advance for your time and help...BnB....:D
First thing is the out-drive for me, if you really want to build big power its going to cost big money for the drive. As far as the ride quality, its a 1/2 tunnel. Works good in moderate water. In my opinion, the RC works better in the rougher water and will get through it better. Secondly, even though some RT's were built with RC caps most all of the RT's have a different shapped transom, ( kind of rounded at the non-skid and transom) this can make it a little more difficult to get into. Third, the floor is closer to the base of the seat for the driver and passenger seating. It can be a little harder on you back for obsorbing impact.
As with all Schiada's the RT is a very nice boat, just kind of depends what you are looking for.
:D Keep in mind I am partial to the RC's:D :D