PDA

View Full Version : Should I buy a v-drive

beerjet
05-06-2007, 02:32 PM
I know a guy who is selling a 5/8 runner bottom less motor and it also dont have a lock down lever . Everything else is there . It was used for ski racing and has 33 gears in a casale box . He says it was made by a company called Pro Stock and the trailer is junk . So I'm thinkin I'll just part that thing out . $1800 but I'd just hate to be the guy that tears it apart. Makes my stomach turn a little . Is it going to be worth having all that crap laying around and not to mention a third boat at home .
-beerjet-

sanger mike
05-06-2007, 05:54 PM
YES, BUY IT. :D

GofastRacer
05-06-2007, 06:17 PM
Yes by all means BUY it!..

sanger ss396
05-06-2007, 06:23 PM
do not part it out fix it up and go have some of the best fun you will ever have on water. i have had outboards and jets untill last fall. i bought a v-drive and i am hooked. you will also. fix it up and have a great time

beerjet
05-06-2007, 06:55 PM
Believe me , I plan on buying a v-drive to keep and as a matter of fact I almost had one with a ford no less not to long ago. This boat just doesn't interest me enough to put money and time into and to be perfectly honest , I dont have room for a third boat . Hell maybe I can use some of the hardware into coverting my hallett 210 into a v-drive . I'm gonna go take a real good look at it .
-beerjet-

old flat
05-06-2007, 06:57 PM
NO, don't buy it... Wait yes buy it get it home and take it apart and have all that STUFF laying around till you get it parted out, and then go burn the hull... ARE YOU CRAZY?????? Buy the boat, take it home strip it, fix what needs fixxed, build a BBC, put a shout on spam for a decent trailer. and then go to the lake.... We call it a "Project" Get it? You can't go wrong.
STEVE

GofastRacer
05-06-2007, 06:59 PM
Believe me , I plan on buying a v-drive to keep and as a matter of fact I almost had one with a ford no less not to long ago. This boat just doesn't interest me enough to put money and time into and to be perfectly honest , I dont have room for a third boat . Hell maybe I can use some of the hardware into coverting my hallett 210 into a v-drive . I'm gonna go take a real good look at it .
-beerjet-
Not to be nosy or anything, but what type of v-drive boat are looking for??..

beerjet
05-06-2007, 07:21 PM
NO, don't buy it... Wait yes buy it get it home and take it apart and have all that STUFF laying around till you get it parted out, and then go burn the hull... ARE YOU CRAZY?????? Buy the boat, take it home strip it, fix what needs fixxed, build a BBC, put a shout on spam for a decent trailer. and then go to the lake.... We call it a "Project" Get it? You can't go wrong.
STEVEThats about all it needs is a motor . I cant remember clearly what the trailer looked like but he did say that it definatly needed a new trailer . I also thought about putting the motor that's in my jet and running it a couple times . He says there is no way my motor would pull 33 gears and that he'll throw in a set of 22's if I take it .
Not to be nosy or anything, but what type of v-drive boat are looking for??..Not really sure . I love me some biesmeyers though or maybe a raysoncraft. I know , I know , I'm gonna have to open my wallet like a hooker on payday if I want one of those in decent condition .
-beerjet-

V-DRIVE VIDEO
05-06-2007, 07:45 PM
. I love me some biesmeyers though or maybe a raysoncraft.-beerjet-
Good choices. I recommend waiting until you find exactly what you want before throwing a truckload of cash into it.
Come down to Irvine fathers day weekend and look me up. I'll arrange some rides for you.:cool:

dmontzsta
05-06-2007, 08:31 PM
Everyone ends up in a V-Drive sooner or later, it is the only way to fly! :)
I agree with Jerry, just wait and buy it at the right time. PLUS make sure you do ALL of your homework, there is ALOT that goes into setup.

GofastRacer
05-06-2007, 08:32 PM
Hey beerjet, I would highly suggest taking Jerry's offer on this!..

dmontzsta
05-06-2007, 08:35 PM
Hey beerjet, I would highly suggest taking Jerry's offer on this!..
I would ask Jerry what the catch is first, or you might end up mowing his lawn and taking out his trash afterwards. :)

V-DRIVE VIDEO
05-06-2007, 09:01 PM
I would ask Jerry what the catch is first, or you might end up mowing his lawn and taking out his trash afterwards. :)
I strapped a total stranger into K-69 at the last outing. The guy loved it...He was standing next to me with his buddy when Gordy was giving rides. He said he wanted to go so I walked him down the ramp and away they went!
Think about it, go in the sandbar and ask the masses how many would even ride in a boat like that much less on the floor with your back against the battery.:) typical responses...thats to bumpy, not comfortable enough, where's the stereo and cooler, my pu__y hurts.:devil:

dmontzsta
05-06-2007, 09:13 PM
lol.
I remember watching that and thinking "Is that dude sitting on the floor". haha, classic! Gordy was on it too.
You have that right about the sandbar queens, first off they wouldnt get in if there was no beer and the driver wasnt feeling happy (drunk). ;)

beerjet
05-06-2007, 09:22 PM
Dont get me wrong Jerry . I cant wait to take my first ride in a v-drive but I'm not trying to have my life flash before my eyes either . V-drives are something I've been doin my homework on lately and just when I think I figured out how one moving part works , it turns out it's connected to another moving part.
-beerjet-

dmontzsta
05-06-2007, 09:24 PM
Dont get me wrong Jerry . I cant wait to take my first ride in a v-drive but I'm not trying to have my life flash before my eyes either . V-drives are something I've been doin my homework on lately and just when I think I figured out how one moving part works , it turns out it's connected to another moving part.
-beerjet-
Just think about this too... :) Once you figure out how they work "overall" then you get to learn about measurements and different set ups, degrees, etc...:D

Mid-life Crisis
05-07-2007, 08:40 AM
Good choices. I recommend waiting until you find exactly what you want before throwing a truckload of cash into it.
Come down to Irvine fathers day weekend and look me up. I'll arrange some rides for you.:cool:
You holding out on me Jerry?? I've been hanging around like a bad smell in a crowded elevator waitin for an offer like that!! :mad:

Carnivalride
05-07-2007, 08:51 AM
Man I love this quote LMAO :D :D
just when I think I figured out how one moving part works , it turns out it's connected to another moving part.
-beerjet-

V-DRIVE VIDEO
05-07-2007, 09:45 AM
You holding out on me Jerry?? I've been hanging around like a bad smell in a crowded elevator waitin for an offer like that!! :mad:
Weren't you there at the last Irvine deal? Why didn't you say something? Then you no showed the next 2 outings
(and I no showed 1 of them:devil: ).