PDA

View Full Version : The moment of truth...

Jetaholic
05-06-2007, 09:43 PM
Well...ironman44bear and I spent the afternoon together...with a 5th of Jack Daniels.
We drank that focker down like a mufuka...and the end result!?
TWO 427 STROKERS RAN THE FULL CAM BREAK IN AND SURVIVED!!!
Yes..we got our motors running!!! They sound fockin' badass too!!!
Will post pics tomorrow.

76ANTHONY
05-07-2007, 07:41 AM
Well...ironman44bear and I spent the afternoon together...with a 5th of Jack Daniels.
We drank that focker down like a mufuka...and the end result!?
TWO 427 STROKERS RAN THE FULL CAM BREAK IN AND SURVIVED!!!
Yes..we got our motors running!!! They sound ****in' badass too!!!
Will post pics tomorrow.
saweeeeet, cant wait ta see the finished product, and thats doing it FRESNO style:D

JetStalker
05-07-2007, 09:33 AM
Jetaholic called me while I was at work. I didn't know he'd gotten it finished so I kept telling him "Babe, I gotta go, I'm a work!" He goes "Hold on, there's something I think you'll wanna hear." and started it up! It roared to life instantly and I was laughing and jumping up and down...my boss thought I was nuts!
He's right, it sounds Fecking AMAZING! At idle it sounds like the intro to "Hot for Teacher"! BEAUTIFUL!:D I can't wait to take it out this summer!:D :D :D :D

Jetaholic
05-07-2007, 04:09 PM
I took the baffles out of my headers...
The cops? I say "fukk 'em!" lol

Nucking futs
05-07-2007, 04:40 PM
So whats the CI on this beast? Stroked to what? Details man details...:)

Jetaholic
05-07-2007, 05:03 PM
So whats the CI on this beast? Stroked to what? Details man details...:)
It's stroked to 454CI :D

tahitijet
05-07-2007, 10:03 PM
I took the baffles out of my headers...
The cops? I say "fukk 'em!" lol
congrats.. Just my experiance over the past few years around here there not gonna bother you running without baffles. They have talked to me at millerton but no where else.

dragboat
05-08-2007, 03:59 AM
Jetaholic called me while I was at work. I didn't know he'd gotten it finished so I kept telling him "Babe, I gotta go, I'm a work!" He goes "Hold on, there's something I think you'll wanna hear." and started it up! It roared to life instantly and I was laughing and jumping up and down...my boss thought I was nuts!
He's right, it sounds Fecking AMAZING! At idle it sounds like the intro to "Hot for Teacher"! BEAUTIFUL!:D I can't wait to take it out this summer!:D :D :D :D
"Hot For Teacher" I CRANK that part:D :D

Jetaholic
05-08-2007, 06:54 AM
congrats.. Just my experiance over the past few years around here there not gonna bother you running without baffles. They have talked to me at millerton but no where else.
Yeah that's pretty much what everyone else is saying is Millerton is really bad about it. However, I never run Millerton because of the launch fee there (they want $14 to launch when Pine Flat is only $3) and the lake isn't as big.
Now I have a tech question...the starter bendix seems to be sticking. Once the motor fires up, the starter stays engaged for about 2-3 seconds, and then disengages. The starter is a Hardin Marine mini-starter...the CP Performance part # on it is 620-5399M for those of you who wish to look it up. The problem was worse than it is now, so I shimmed it about 5/64" and it seems to have gotten better (doesn't hang up for as long of a time period), but I can't figure out why I would have to shim a starter that much.
Any ideas?

tahitijet
05-09-2007, 12:14 AM
Yeah that's pretty much what everyone else is saying is Millerton is really bad about it. However, I never run Millerton because of the launch fee there (they want $14 to launch when Pine Flat is only $3) and the lake isn't as big.
Now I have a tech question...the starter bendix seems to be sticking. Once the motor fires up, the starter stays engaged for about 2-3 seconds, and then disengages. The starter is a Hardin Marine mini-starter...the CP Performance part # on it is 620-5399M for those of you who wish to look it up. The problem was worse than it is now, so I shimmed it about 5/64" and it seems to have gotten better (doesn't hang up for as long of a time period), but I can't figure out why I would have to shim a starter that much.
Any ideas?
ya i normally boat at pine flat also in the rare event we do run into a sherrif it's usually on the ramp and the most i think they have ever said to me is it looks fast.