PDA

View Full Version : Aaaahhhhhhh .. Need Help Asap!

SHOCKENYALL
05-07-2007, 07:17 AM
Please tell me that someone on hear has some direction where to go to get our passports here in 9 days. We filed at the County Clerks office on Feb. 15th, and they are still not here!!:( We are supposed to depart for puerto vallarta on the 16th.... next wednesday. I have called, and called, and called! The stupid automated phone sysytem continuelly says to call back at a later time, and sorry for the inconvenience. I have e-mailed them 4 times, and still no response!! What is a girl to do????:mad:

C-2
05-07-2007, 07:26 AM
What county?

SHOCKENYALL
05-07-2007, 07:27 AM
Josephine County.... Oregon

Tequila-John
05-07-2007, 07:27 AM
here is AZ they are saying a couple months

wsuwrhr
05-07-2007, 07:30 AM
I had the same problem, except mine NEVER showed up.
In retrospect, I would have went DIRECTLY to the state office that issues passports and got on on the spot.
You may want to go there ASAP, and get another passport.
Please tell me that someone on hear has some direction where to go to get our passports here in 9 days. We filed at the County Clerks office on Feb. 15th, and they are still not here!!:( We are supposed to depart for puerto vallarta on the 16th.... next wednesday. I have called, and called, and called! The stupid automated phone sysytem continuelly says to call back at a later time, and sorry for the inconvenience. I have e-mailed them 4 times, and still no response!! What is a girl to do????:mad:

Miss Perfect
05-07-2007, 07:31 AM
I am filing for mine this week. They say it takes 10 weeks. I hope it's not longer then that.

Devil's Advocate
05-07-2007, 07:32 AM
We're waiting on ours. We applied at the post office and she said 8-10 weeks! But that was NOT expedited service.
Not sure but try this link.
http://travel.state.gov/passport/get/first/first_831.html

SHOCKENYALL
05-07-2007, 07:33 AM
They are saying up to 10 weeks on the web site.... it is now 13 weeks. The other shitty thing, is they have our birth certificates:confused:

AZJD
05-07-2007, 07:34 AM
Dude, wish I could give you some better answers but you aren't going to be able to expedite in 9 days. I believe the fastest you can get them through a service is 2 weeks if you pay for the rapid filing.

Tequila-John
They are saying up to 10 weeks on the web site.... it is now 13 weeks. The other shitty thing, is they have our birth certificates:confused:
Best of luck

bear down
You can get it done same day but you need to go to a federal building the has a passport office. I did this two years ago and it took all day and $180 later...I think the closest one to you in Seattle. There is a website that I fould which can do it in 24 hours, never used them but check them out.
http://www.ambassadorpassportandvisa.com/index.asp

SHOCKENYALL
05-07-2007, 07:35 AM
We're waiting on ours. We applied at the post office and she said 8-10 weeks! But that was NOT expedited service.
Not sure but try this link.
http://travel.state.gov/passport/get/first/first_831.html
thanks DA.. That is the site I've been using to email them.

SHOCKENYALL
05-07-2007, 07:37 AM
Dude, wish I could give you some better answers but you aren't going to be able to expedite in 9 days. I believe the fastest you can get them through a service is 2 weeks if you pay for the rapid filing.
The other completely ridiculous thin is, they won't take your calls or e-mails until you are within your 2 week departure date.

Miss Perfect
05-07-2007, 07:37 AM
My friend just told me that the postoffice took her certified copy of her birth certificate when she applied to get her passport and they are supposed to return it with the new passport. That makes me nervous.

wsuwrhr
05-07-2007, 07:38 AM
Yep
You can get it done same day but you need to go to a federal building the has a passport office.

Devil's Advocate
05-07-2007, 07:40 AM
You can get it done same day but you need to go to a federal building the has a passport office. I did this two years ago and it took all day and $180 later...I think the closest one to you in Seattle. There is a website that I fould which can do it in 24 hours, never used them but check them out.
http://www.ambassadorpassportandvisa.com/index.asp
The only thing with that is, 2 years ago was a different situation and now with an overwhelming amount of apps coming in I don't know if 24hrs can happen now.

wsuwrhr
05-07-2007, 07:41 AM
My friend just told me that the postoffice took her certified copy of her birth certificate when she applied to get her passport and they are supposed to return it with the new passport. That makes me nervous.
...and I never got my birth certificate or my social security card back.
I was naive enough to think there was no way documents like a passport with a return address from the passport office would go regular mail with no traceability.
Never again
Brian

Devil's Advocate
05-07-2007, 07:42 AM
Yeah, they have too. I made a copy of ours for now and supposedly we get our originals back with the passport.:rolleyes:

Miss Perfect
05-07-2007, 07:43 AM
I was naive enough to think there was no way documents like a passport with a return address from the passport office would go regular mail with no traceability.
Never again
Brian
That's what I was thinking too! I am going to apply for mine at the Federal Building and I am hoping that they won't take my birth certificate.

Devil's Advocate
05-07-2007, 07:43 AM
Never again
Brian
Oh that's great.:squiggle:

HocusPocus
05-07-2007, 08:08 AM
my wifes parents went to tokyo last year and did the rapid filing which took about 15 days. like someone else said im sure the system is bogged down due to everyone needing passports now. best of luck to you.

YeLLowBoaT
05-07-2007, 01:11 PM
you have to go to the passport office in SF... it cost more, but you can have then in 3 days.

Debbolas
05-07-2007, 01:14 PM
Rancho Cucamonga has a passport office. If you take your birth certificate there, they will take your picture and can express mail the passport to you in two weeks (I think) No line, very nice people.:D

SummitKarl
05-07-2007, 01:17 PM
your local U.S. post office
and they offer a 72hr turn

My Man's Sportin' Wood
05-07-2007, 01:23 PM
I washed mine and needed to get a new one. I wasn't sure the exact protocol, so I called the State Dept and didn't even wait on hold :jawdrop: shock, I know.
The number I called is 877-487-2778
Supposedly you can find out the status of your application there. And they do return your documents, when they mail your passport.
I would seriously consider either the San Fransisco/Seattle thing, or consider changing your plans. Sucks, I know.

lewiville
05-07-2007, 01:39 PM
your local U.S. post office
and they offer a 72hr turn
what he said. Thats how I did mine. not a bad cost either

GUGS102
05-07-2007, 02:04 PM
Used to have an office in the airport you get done in one day on site, not sure of the deal now.
Good Luck..

My Man's Sportin' Wood
05-07-2007, 03:00 PM
what he said. Thats how I did mine. not a bad cost either
Was that recently? Since the new year? I heard the expedited ones were 2-4 weeks out.

EXTRMBT
05-07-2007, 03:05 PM
Try thsi site. We use them to get all our passports and visas sometimes next day.
http://visaexchange.com/

jdogginla
05-07-2007, 03:13 PM
The back log even if you go to a federal office or passport office at the post office is huge right now. It has to do with the new regulations and the need for one even if you go to mexico, which was not needed before. Your best bet is to pay a 3rd party company that specializes in passports. Even with the back log they can turn one around for you in a week or so.........only because most are too cheap to pay the $$$ for the service. A lil pricey but you will get it.