PDA

View Full Version : Direct Tv Is The Worst Company Evvveeerrr........

barbigrl
05-07-2007, 08:38 AM
So I had Directv last summer. I cancelled because where I was moving i could not have the dish. Anyway so i cancelled my account and returned the recievers. A few weeks later they called and said I owed them for the two recievers....I said Uh no I don't I returned them. They said well we did not recieve them. I dug up the tracking numbers (thank god I kept them) and gave them to them. Well they then told me they were going to credit my account. Ok...great. I called back to confirm they credit my account about a week later. They had. Stupid me should have got it in writing. I usually know better.
Fast forward 10 months..... not a word from them
I just got a call from a collections company saying I owe them $250 bucks!! WTF????? I am flaming pissed off! I dont know if I have these dam tracking numbers anymore!
Any advice on how to deal with this...besides reporting them to the Better Business Bureau??? How do I keep this shit off my credit?

Jordy
05-07-2007, 08:39 AM
Just give them the receivers back and pay your bill, deadbeat. :notam:

dumbandyoung
05-07-2007, 08:41 AM
that happened to me with time warner.

Jbb
05-07-2007, 08:41 AM
Just give them the receivers back and pay your bill, deadbeat. :notam:
Jordy..... with a flurry of jabs to the head....:D :D :D

Jordy
05-07-2007, 08:44 AM
Jordy..... with a flurry of jabs to the head....:D :D :D
As opposed to a flurry of shots to the feet. Nice siggy Brian. :D :D :D
Oh, RD SUX!!! :D

Jbb
05-07-2007, 08:45 AM
As opposed to a flurry of shots to the feet. Nice siggy Brian. :D :D :D
Oh, RD SUX!!! :D
Best to keep those like Brown.....off balance...:D

blown65
05-07-2007, 09:00 AM
Friend of ours had that happen with dish network also. I think all these media company's basically suck when it comes to customer service.

voodoomedman
05-07-2007, 09:09 AM
What company did you use to ship?

OGShocker
05-07-2007, 09:13 AM
We have had Directv since it was available in our area. We have it at homes, office and in our coach. We have never had any issues billing or other wise. I think you should just follow Jordy's advice, then get over it.. :D
I always use UPS.

barbigrl
05-07-2007, 09:43 AM
What company did you use to ship?
Fed Ex per Directv's own pre paid shipping package

barbigrl
05-07-2007, 09:44 AM
We have had Directv since it was available in our area. We have it at homes, office and in our coach. We have never had any issues billing or other wise. I think you should just follow Jordy's advice, then get over it.. :D
I always use UPS.
The revievers were returned... months ago.

Jordy
05-07-2007, 09:45 AM
The revievers were returned... months ago.
Likely story. Deadbeat. :notam:

voodoomedman
05-07-2007, 10:05 AM
Fed Ex per Directv's own pre paid shipping package
Sorry can't help you then. I would have tried to find the tracking # for you.

Nord
05-07-2007, 10:10 AM
I actually think Direct TV has the best customer service on the planet. I've never leased box's from them though, always bought.....

lewiville
05-07-2007, 10:17 AM
So I had Directv last summer. I cancelled because where I was moving i could not have the dish. Anyway so i cancelled my account and returned the recievers. A few weeks later they called and said I owed them for the two recievers....I said Uh no I don't I returned them. They said well we did not recieve them. I dug up the tracking numbers (thank god I kept them) and gave them to them. Well they then told me they were going to credit my account. Ok...great. I called back to confirm they credit my account about a week later. They had. Stupid me should have got it in writing. I usually know better.
Fast forward 10 months..... not a word from them
I just got a call from a collections company saying I owe them $250 bucks!! WTF????? I am flaming pissed off! I dont know if I have these dam tracking numbers anymore!
Any advice on how to deal with this...besides reporting them to the Better Business Bureau??? How do I keep this shit off my credit?
Join the crowd. I now have 2 dings on my creidt report because I guess the first one didnt stick. Im in the process of looking for an attorney. If you find one let me know

boatsnblondes
05-07-2007, 10:21 AM
I would get on the phone, start calling. First, call the collections co., tell them teh deal, tell them you don't understand the charges, then call Directv, find out what the hell is going on.....the only people who can get this gone is directv...the collections co. will not let it go till they get the 250...might be worth the 250 just to make it gone..baller like you should have no prob dling that...:D :D :D

barbigrl
05-07-2007, 10:39 AM
Join the crowd. I now have 2 dings on my creidt report because I guess the first one didnt stick. Im in the process of looking for an attorney. If you find one let me know
I work for attorney's!!

KLEPTOW
05-07-2007, 11:55 AM
This is their scam, they don't want to let anyone go they will continue to harass you until they decide to stop, or until you stop them.
I refused to pay what I didn't owe.
1. Started a fraud claim with Credit Card Company.
2. Submitted the results CC findings to the credit bureaus they removed all negative info and would not allow any new information concerning DTV.( They tried to resubmit the negative info 2 more times & re-bill my CC 3 times)
p.s. Any body out there that has received any of these Scum Bags new equipment better beware and you may want to check the fine print, both DTV and Dish network do not sell their DVR’s plus the little writing says that if you cancel there service their must receive their property within 10days or guess what.

lewiville
05-07-2007, 01:00 PM
I work for attorney's!!
what kind?

barbigrl
05-07-2007, 01:11 PM
what kind?
We do virtually anything.....with the exception of just a few things. :D

barbigrl
05-07-2007, 01:13 PM
This is their scam, they don't want to let anyone go they will continue to harass you until they decide to stop, or until you stop them.
I refused to pay what I didn't owe.
1. Started a fraud claim with Credit Card Company.
2. Submitted the results CC findings to the credit bureaus they removed all negative info and would not allow any new information concerning DTV.( They tried to resubmit the negative info 2 more times & re-bill my CC 3 times)
p.s. Any body out there that has received any of these Scum Bags new equipment better beware and you may want to check the fine print, both DTV and Dish network do not sell their DVR’s plus the little writing says that if you cancel there service their must receive their property within 10days or guess what.
Well they never even billed me for it. Nor do they have a credit card number of mine. I have never had to deal with collections before. DDT is a joke.

lewiville
05-07-2007, 01:41 PM
We do virtually anything.....with the exception of just a few things. :D
we need to start a class action........ muy pronto

topless
05-07-2007, 01:47 PM
They only have 8330 complaints with the BBB.

lewiville
05-07-2007, 01:52 PM
They only have 8330 complaints with the BBB.
no shit? your pulling my junk. that hurts,,,,stop it Topless:mad: :mad:

topless
05-07-2007, 01:55 PM
no shit? your pulling my junk. that hurts,,,,stop it Topless:mad: :mad:They also have 355 pending complaints for a grand total of 8685. Glad I could shed some light on the subject.:D

lewiville
05-07-2007, 02:04 PM
They also have 355 pending complaints for a grand total of 8685. Glad I could shed some light on the subject.:D
check your PM

barbigrl
05-07-2007, 02:21 PM
They also have 355 pending complaints for a grand total of 8685. Glad I could shed some light on the subject.:D
There are about to have 8,686! It really does not suprise me that they have this many. I have had problems with them from the start.

Xlration Marine
05-07-2007, 06:20 PM
Wow thats odd? I just got a check from them for $275.00 to come back. I'm sure they will be hitting you up for another $25.00. You are so right, they suck and big time. I would never go back to them.

Biglue
05-07-2007, 06:25 PM
Direct TV has been awsome, been a customer about 7 years now and I couldn't be happier.