PDA

View Full Version : Idaho Regatta, Burley.

GN117 Big Dawg
06-29-2003, 12:06 PM
Has anyone heard how the guys are doing up there?

GofastRacer
06-29-2003, 12:23 PM
GN117 Big Dawg:
Has anyone heard how the guys are doing up there? Check your PM's.. :)

BILLY.B
06-29-2003, 12:24 PM
GN117 Big Dawg:
Has anyone heard how the guys are doing up there? Yo BIG DAWG, Jerry(V-DRIVE VIDEO) called me last night and told me that Ty had been winning in SS, and PS. Duff was struggling with the PS and Dave Bryant had flipped on the first round of the SS shoot-out. He was ok and so was the boat. He got it dried out and then he broke a prop shaft, tough luck award huh. Talked to Paul Fitzgerald this morning and he said that when the money was on the line look for Duff to clean up. There's 4 K's up there, Duff, Paul Britton, Cory Munson, Charlie Marcque(sorry for spelling his last name wrong). Duff was winning the K class with Paul close behind. John Ross I believe got thrown from his cracker box and was ok from what I was told. No idea on the GN stuff. :cool:

126driver
06-29-2003, 01:12 PM
Here you go: South Idaho Press (http://www.southidahopress.com/)

DaveA
06-29-2003, 07:48 PM
BILLY.B:
GN117 Big Dawg:
Has anyone heard how the guys are doing up there? Yo BIG DAWG, Jerry(V-DRIVE VIDEO) called me last night and told me that Ty had been winning in SS, and PS. Duff was struggling with the PS and Dave Bryant had flipped on the first round of the SS shoot-out. He was ok and so was the boat. He got it dried out and then he broke a prop shaft, tough luck award huh. Talked to Paul Fitzgerald this morning and he said that when the money was on the line look for Duff to clean up. There's 4 K's up there, Duff, Paul Britton, Cory Munson, Charlie Marcque(sorry for spelling his last name wrong). Duff was winning the K class with Paul close behind. John Ross I believe got thrown from his cracker box and was ok from what I was told. No idea on the GN stuff. :cool: So THAT'S why Paul wasn't home this weekend. He didn't answer the phone Friday...Fergot he was going.

GN117 Big Dawg
06-29-2003, 08:00 PM
Billy, Is'nt it John Britton ???

GofastRacer
06-29-2003, 08:27 PM
GofastRacer:
GN117 Big Dawg:
Has anyone heard how the guys are doing up there? Check your PM's.. :) Bump!. :)

BILLY.B
06-30-2003, 04:50 AM
GN117 Big Dawg:
Billy, Is'nt it John Britton ??? I was thinking of Paul Fitzgerarld when I mean't to say John, SORRY!!!

LeE ss13
06-30-2003, 05:43 AM
Larry Hamilton's web site has some Super Stock results.
web page (http://www.coolwheels.com/motorsports/index.cfm?id=106)

BigBoyToys
06-30-2003, 01:19 PM
The SSRA Website was updated today with the Burley SS results. Click on the News link and read all about it Here at the NEW SSRA Website (http://www.superstockracingassoc.com/)
[ June 30, 2003, 02:20 PM: Message edited by: BigBoyToys ]

SK48
06-30-2003, 05:59 PM
Burley was alot of fun as always. Great racing, good weather 60's at night and 88 during the day. Lots of cracker boxes with close racing. Didn't watch as many races as I should have, spent too much time working on the boat. I wish I could have a Summer house on the Snake River in Idaho, and spend the rest of the year here in Parker. Just dreaming cause I have to work. The drive is a killer we set the trip odometer when we left Thursday, and drove 1620 miles door to door.
If you like inboard v-drive racing Burley is a great place to go. It is a real pretty place and you need a few extra days to really enjoy it.
There are no professional sports in the state of Idaho, no football, baseball, or basketball teams, and this boat race is the largest sporting event in the state. They open the whole town up and really make it a nice event. If you ever get a chance make the trip you won't regret it.
Video Jerry was there all weekend and maybe can post some pictures when he gets back.

V-DRIVE VIDEO
07-01-2003, 05:20 PM
I had a great time up there. It was nice to see the return of the K-class with 4 "true K-Boats" and 1 carbureted on gas. Cory Monson new to big horsepower had that 711 wound up respectfully by the end of the weekend. Charlies boat is even sicker than Billys boat, just too much!! And its allways cool watching Jersey John and Duff from the East coast. Pro Stock heats were awesome!! Ty Newton with Faulkner Racing terrorizing the pro-stock class amongst legends Duff Dailly and Gus Schade. If not for mechanical failure they may have swept. Superstock had the Faulkner team ahead until a lane change infraction put Larry "Hollywood" Hamilton on top of points. GN continues to be dominated by Lightfoots GN-747 and Gramps Cracker abolutely kicked ass!! Lets see ss-126 and ss-13 must still be bowling but I think thier vegas league ends in time for long beach. :p Sorry Richard I didn't take any pictures just video. Circle Jerk missed out on the Sundowner Lavey, and worlds fastest PS Barron haulin ass. For those who may have given credibility to CJ's boat count rumors this will serve as a lesson to you!! eek! Its Allll Good!! :cool: