PDA

View Full Version : Our daughter turns 3 !!!!!

TheCarDudes
05-07-2007, 04:15 PM
So my wife and I have been trying to potty train our daughter for the last few months. We have read a couple of books, tried the reward deal with candy, nothing was working. She is a very strong willed child but is very courteous and disciplined. Being potty trained was not on her agenda any time soon.
Then low and behold, all of a sudden she got up one morning a couple weeks ago on our last trip to Havasu and said to me, "Daddy, I can't wet my panties, I need to go potty." She went stright to her potty chair and did her business. With the exception of a couple of nighttime mishaps, she has not missed a beat going to the big girl's potty. She even made it home from Havasu on that trip with one bathroom break in Victorville. She is just amazing!
Havasu has its ways of bringing out the best in anyone !!!
To our beautiful daughter Aleksa
Happy Birthday!!
Mommy and Daddy love you very much!
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/16594IMG_3660-med.JPG

Parker Dreamin
05-07-2007, 04:17 PM
that is bitchen bro.. one of our girls will be 4 the end of July, she has been potty trained for a about a year and a half..... but at night she is having trouble so she is still in a pull up.

jrgaudettes
05-07-2007, 04:55 PM
Congrats to you and the little one, also happy b-day.
Just seems like yesterday me kiddies were that young.:D

mrs.rvrluvr
05-07-2007, 05:17 PM
Happy 3rd Birthday Aleksa. I enjoyed meeting her & playing in the water with her & my kids out at Moabi. Very sweet child. She is adorable!!!!

pixilatedpussy
05-07-2007, 05:25 PM
So my wife and I have been trying to potty train our daughter for the last few months. We have read a couple of books, tried the reward deal with candy, nothing was working. She is a very strong willed child but is very courteous and disciplined. Being potty trained was not on her agenda any time soon.
Then low and behold, all of a sudden she got up one morning a couple weeks ago on our last trip to Havasu and said to me, "Daddy, I can't wet my panties, I need to go potty." She went stright to her potty chair and did her business. With the exception of a couple of nighttime mishaps, she has not missed a beat going to the big girl's potty. She even made it home from Havasu on that trip with one bathroom break in Victorville. She is just amazing!
!
Happy Birthday!!
Congrats! :D :D & what a beautiful lil girl you have!;) Happy Bday cutie pie!

Redrider
05-07-2007, 05:26 PM
Happy Birthday!!
Our Daughter turned three last Sunday, congrats! Our little girl did the same thing last Thanksgiving. She has been good ever since...

Magic34
05-07-2007, 05:31 PM
Nice. Happy B-Day to her. My little girl turned 3 on April 25.
She is using the potty for #1, but wont crap in the thing to save her life. She started using the potty for #1 about 5 months ago, but the whole poop thing has me at a loss.
Can I send her with you for a weekend to crap on the potty?

Windy
05-07-2007, 05:49 PM
I remember when my lil goober was 3. She is precious.

MRS FLYIN VEE
05-07-2007, 05:53 PM
How beautiful she is. She looks like the type who is alway smiling and very happy. you better get that shot gun ready. Time goes by fast. start telling her now she can not date until she is 30.LOL!!:D :D
Happy Birthday to your beautiful Daughter.
congrats to mommy and daddy for such a great girl.:D

topless
05-07-2007, 06:05 PM
What a little angel!!!! My daughter was much harder to potty train than my son. Same thing, strong willed.

rodnjen
05-07-2007, 06:22 PM
We just started our 2 1/2 girl with the books and the pull-ups and we're not having much luck yet. Sounds like we just have to be patient.
Congrats.

Trailer Park Casanova
05-07-2007, 06:31 PM
What a cutie!!

TheCarDudes
05-07-2007, 06:56 PM
How beautiful she is. She looks like the type who is alway smiling and very happy. you better get that shot gun ready. Time goes by fast. start telling her now she can not date until she is 30.LOL!!:D :D
Happy Birthday to your beautiful Daughter.
congrats to mommy and daddy for such a great girl.:D
Thank you all for the wonderful comments.
I'm with you MRS F V, but they'll have to get by her 2 older brothers before they get to me. They love their sister to pieces. Here are the 3 of them for Xmas '06.
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/16594DSC00488-med.JPG

MRS FLYIN VEE
05-07-2007, 07:05 PM
Thank you all for the wonderful comments.
I'm with you MRS F V, but they'll have to get by her 2 older brothers before they get to me. They love their sister to pieces. Here are the 3 of them for Xmas '06.
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/16594DSC00488-med.JPG
It's a good thing for her she has 3 men to watch over her. :)

TheCarDudes
05-07-2007, 07:21 PM
Cute kids.
I was thinking you might move the TV in to the bathroom in front of the toilet. :D

TheCarDudes
05-07-2007, 07:23 PM
Nice. Happy B-Day to her. My little girl turned 3 on April 25.
She is using the potty for #1, but wont crap in the thing to save her life. She started using the potty for #1 about 5 months ago, but the whole poop thing has me at a loss.
Can I send her with you for a weekend to crap on the potty?
Anytime brutha.... let's get the girls together on a trip to Havasu. The pool water is hittin' about 83 just from the sun. NICE! :D

TheCarDudes
05-07-2007, 07:24 PM
Our Daughter turned three last Sunday, congrats! Our little girl did the same thing last Thanksgiving. She has been good ever since...
She is adorable!!!

al cole'holic
05-07-2007, 07:27 PM
...very cool TCD!! Funny, we finally found a potty at that time that our daughter went for..it made a funny tone when she had the stream goin :D
She turned 6 on cinco :)
http://members.aol.com/hevythreds/megsbro2.jpg
I figure I'll show the boy a few bushes and plants when he's ready...

Wmc
05-07-2007, 07:32 PM
Girls are different than boys, they basically will sit and pee when they're good and godamned ready. Not until.
Here's my little angels, 7 and almost 5
http://img523.imageshack.us/img523/3398/dsc05064edited1al6.jpg
When she was 2 (actually 23 months), she decided that she wanted to use the big girl toilet. We could not get her to use a kiddy potty or wear a pull up, but one days she just said "I want to use the potty" and did her business. Now, here's the good part. She would only pee in the toilet. But, she also was above pooping in her diaper or pants. So, she would wait until my attention was elsewhere and then she would go behind the TV or into the toy room and pinch a loaf right there on the carpet. Luckily, she always had little rabbit pellet poop, so no mess. But, boy was the aggravating. Nothing worked, threats of spankings, not watching movies or cartoons, no cookies, nothing. I mean, she would go pee on the toilet and then sit and watch me until I got up to go do something and boom, she's behind the TV making her business. Finally, when she was 2½, she decided she wanted to do gymnastics. I took her to her first class for an hour. She loved it. After she was done, I said "Do you want to come back tomorrow?" She was jumping around almost turning cartwheels and saying "YES! YES! YES!" I said "OK, we'll come back every day, but you have to poop in the big girl toilet." That was it, end of story. She never pooped anywhere but the toilet again. It's weird because she totally knew what she was doing, but was under absolutely no inclination to stop until we could make a deal. Girls. :confused:
the kids are getting big. where have you been? I've been at your loco hang out upper sandbar and have not seen you or the Mrs.

MRS FLYIN VEE
05-07-2007, 07:38 PM
wow.. Such cutie pies they all are.:)

Wmc
05-07-2007, 07:41 PM
Been working like a chump. We'll be there this weekend and then Memorial and pretty much every weekend after that until Labor Day. Got a late start this year, but it really hasn't warmed up as early as it did last year.
Will be up Memorial save me a spot (oh no kids that weekend FYI):D

Hardly Satisfied
05-07-2007, 09:11 PM
Happy Birthday!!
congrats on the potty problem, I think we with kids have gone though these things when there ready they let you know. A Big Happy Birthday

Magic34
05-07-2007, 10:45 PM
Anytime brutha.... let's get the girls together on a trip to Havasu. The pool water is hittin' about 83 just from the sun. NICE! :D
I'll see you in your pool, or Blane's, however it will not be until September. :(
Baby Boy is due via C-Section on June 15. So, I am no lake until end of July with our first Havasu trip scheduled in September.
Here is Bentley on her 3rd B-Day
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/16348IMG_1969-med.JPG