PDA

View Full Version : Njba

stix818
12-20-2005, 03:31 PM
I heard that the sandbagging rule has been dropped!!!! Does this mean that NJBA could go to one second intervals for classes???? Now we need is IHBA/NJBA DIV 1 races!!!!!!!!!!!

BUSBY
12-20-2005, 03:34 PM
I heard that the sandbagging rule has been dropped!!!! Does this mean that NJBA could go to one second intervals for classes???? Now we need is IHBA/NJBA DIV 1 races!!!!!!!!!!!
I've actually spoken to Charlie about hosting a division 1 race ... he has yet to call me back ... but NJBA will keep it's 1/2 second brackets.

stix818
12-20-2005, 03:50 PM
Man BUSBY that would be BBBIIIITTTTCCC****EEEENNNN if you guys could work it out. Sure in the hell would beat making the trip to Oregon (no offense)!!!!

BUSBY
12-20-2005, 05:09 PM
we spoke about it at length at the World Finals ... traded contact information ... I called him afterwards ... spoke to our board ... called him again ... awaiting his response ...
I'll keep you posted.

Bobbo541
12-20-2005, 06:53 PM
Hey Brian can we run quicker than a 10th of a second of our bracket in qualifing and run the bracket we want with sandbaging rule gone.

stix818
12-20-2005, 07:51 PM
Busby how would you work it then running a co-sanctioned events with your current set-up, 8.50 and so on??
Bobbo541, I know I'm not the answer but usually you have to declare a class (after last session of qualifing) regardless and then if you change class or broke out during all qualifing sessions you are considered slow boat. I know of a gentleman than ran as quick as a 8.40 and still attempted to run TE (9.00). Takes a lot of work to shave that much time!!!!

Bobbo541
12-20-2005, 08:09 PM
with the njba if run quicker than a 10th for your bracket in qualifing you are put in the next quickest bracket i know of this because it has happened to me the last 3 years.

77charger
12-20-2005, 08:15 PM
with the njba if run quicker than a 10th for your bracket in qualifing you are put in the next quickest bracket i know of this because it has happened to me the last 3 years.
even with the sandbagging coming to an end this rule will still stand.Run a 10th faster welcome to he next fastest bracket.
I asked about this for this year cause it will effect me.I am setting up to run 8.0 for ihba and i know at first it will be faster than that til we slow it down

stix818
12-20-2005, 09:04 PM
That's different. So in reality the sandbagging rule still exist!! Like I asked before, how would NJBA's current set-up allow for an IHBA race??

77charger
12-20-2005, 09:15 PM
That's different. So in reality the sandbagging rule still exist!! Like I asked before, how would NJBA's current set-up allow for an IHBA race??
Kinda in a way but if you were to let off the gas in qualifying that will be allowed which was considered sandbagging before.
For some reason when i raced the 9.50 bracket in 03(last race of season good air)My motor didnt sound like it was getting full throttle from the rope(seemed to be down couple hundred rpm) or i might have stayed on the plate too long or maybe a combo of both.but it went 9.49 and 9.46 so i had to declare into 9.50 normally it went in the low .50s during normal summer air
Guess now i can let off the gas mid track vs not giving it full throttle.Cause if you never hit full throttle they cant say you never let off
OOPS did i say that must be the beeers talikin :rollside: :yuk:

Bobbo541
12-20-2005, 09:31 PM
if the sandbaging rule is gone than so should anything that goes with that rule be gone. getting out of the gas in qualifing wont let you dial your boat to the number you want to run , and we wont be able to have an event with any other organization.

BUSBY
12-21-2005, 01:31 AM
Remember ... We still have the 1/2 second brackets ... until the NJBA members vote to get rid of them ... we will have to have some sort of qualifying ...
With whole second brackets, there is a larger room for breakout ... with the 1/2 second brackets ... there is only a breakout of .10 ... that is until the membership makes a suggestion to move to whole second brackets ...
Please remember that NJBA is a club and the members must make the suggestions and then vote on them ... the majority rules ...
Please PM me with any questions ...
Brian

Jetboatguru
12-21-2005, 10:21 AM
Brain, are you saying that there is still a .10 margin of breakout in Qualifying?
If so, doesnt that wipe out the whole point of the sandbagging rule? The idea is for people to be able to declare into a class. If somebody runs 8.39 in qualifying and wants to run the 8.50 class he is forced to run the 8.0 class? There should be no margin or percentage of breakout in qualifying and definitely not in eliminations. But now FINALLY you have done away with sandbagging and you have negated it by the margin of breakout thing in Qualifying. Sorry to be a pest but by allowing sandbagging, it should have done away with the qualifying rules. If somebody declares into a slower class than what they qualified, they are inserted and bracketed with their time. It will be lower than the slowest qualifying time within the class.
i.e. if you have 4 boats in the class (lets say the 8.0 -8.50)
boat A runs 8.01
boat B runs 7.88
boat C runs 8.10
Boat D runs 7.99
The order of qualifying would be A C D B. The should be no breakout rule in qualifying.
Tony

BUSBY
12-21-2005, 10:39 AM
Brain, are you saying that there is still a .10 margin of breakout in Qualifying?
If so, doesnt that wipe out the whole point of the sandbagging rule? The idea is for people to be able to declare into a class. If somebody runs 8.39 in qualifying and wants to run the 8.50 class he is forced to run the 8.0 class? There should be no margin or percentage of breakout in qualifying and definitely not in eliminations. But now FINALLY you have done away with sandbagging and you have negated it by the margin of breakout thing in Qualifying. Sorry to be a pest but by allowing sandbagging, it should have done away with the qualifying rules. If somebody declares into a slower class than what they qualified, they are inserted and bracketed with their time. It will be lower than the slowest qualifying time within the class.
i.e. if you have 4 boats in the class (lets say the 8.0 -8.50)
boat A runs 8.01
boat B runs 7.88
boat C runs 8.10
Boat D runs 7.99
The order of qualifying would be A C D B. The should be no breakout rule in qualifying.
Tony
I agree ... there should be no breakout rule ... we debated it at length during the rules meeting and the past 3 meetings ... I am fighting to rid the club of ALL rules that apply to Sandbagging ... but I am only one voice ... members need to attend or write in to support the issue ...
But as it stands right now, there is a margin for breakout ... that is why I've stated that the memebrs need to voice what they want to the board. And the rule changes are once a year ... during the September rules meeting ...
But hey ... at least we can lift now :boxed:

Jetboatguru
12-21-2005, 10:42 AM
One change at a time Brian. Tru Dat about lifting. Good luck on the Fegan deal. That would be GIHUGIC!!

BUSBY
12-21-2005, 11:46 AM
yup ... one battle at a time ... it's all about more boats ... and more fun ... :)

Sanger D
12-21-2005, 12:51 PM
congrats on your victory vince!!!!! well diserved :) quite the occomplishment!!!!!

stix818
12-21-2005, 05:48 PM
Hey Busby I now that when we went to Oregon this year, it was one of the largest boat counts due to having two organizations and that they treat well up there (just like MF), I really believe that it would help NJBA. I'm not a member currently but if I could were do I voice my concern??
Bobbo541 you said it best. Organizations nnnneeeedddd to come together and adopt similar rules so they can host each other events!!!!
Thanks, Sanger D. We'll have to run some hot laps this winter!!!!!

Bobbo541
12-21-2005, 09:02 PM
Stix818 congrats on your championship this year. I run a 9 sec. canyon and I want to run some IHBA events next year also.It would be nice to meet you next year. Happy Holidays to all.

BUSBY
12-21-2005, 09:39 PM
I'm working on it as I said ... I know when Charlie found out that I was there and asked me up to the tower to talk about it ... that there was promise ... I have also spoken to a few CDBA racers ... who are interested in doing something with us as well ...
Shoot, us boat racers are a dying breed ... we need to stick together ... not be divided ...

Fired Up
12-21-2005, 09:45 PM
Who was voted new President for the NJBA?

Cs19
12-21-2005, 10:25 PM
NJBA is what it is for next season..We got the one major rule change that alot of people here wanted,lets make the best of everything and go race.

Fired Up
12-22-2005, 05:50 AM
Don't understand...."is what it is". My ballot had two new individuals running for the position of President. Assuming since the sandbagging vote had been tallied the vote for a new President had been determined also.

Cs19
12-22-2005, 09:34 AM
My post wasn't related to your question about the president Mr. Fired up.
To answer your question, BUSBY is the Pres.
Fired, "Is what it is" is just an expression. If I'm not mistaken, there will not be any rule changes till Sept. So, NJBA is not going to change a whole lot next season no matter how much we bust BUSBY's balls. :)

Cs19
12-22-2005, 09:37 AM
Actually, I think they only talk about a potential rule change in Sept. and nothing goes into affect till the following year if it gets the number of votes needed.....?

BUSBY
12-22-2005, 10:29 AM
Actually, I think they only talk about a potential rule change in Sept. and nothing goes into affect till the following year if it gets the number of votes needed.....?
You are correct Chris ... the rules meeting is (according to the by-laws) held in the month of September for the following season. At that point, all members are invited to send in their requests to the Secretary via mail, the requests are then read allowed to all Board Members and Club members present (the meeting is open to ALL active members). If the majority of the members votes that it should be put on the November Ballot ... then it is ... but if it isn't passed ... there's always next year.
Fired, that is what Chris was talking about when he said "it is what it is" I think, that changes have been voted on and set in stone for the 2006 season ... and yes, I was voted in as President for the 2006 season.

Bobbo541
12-22-2005, 01:04 PM
Brian thanks for the clarification on the rule i just asumed that anything that had to do with sandbagging rule would be eliminated.

Fired Up
12-22-2005, 02:15 PM
Thank you for that clarification and Congratulations on your Nomination! This is good to know. Are all meetings open to the general membership year round or only the September meeting for future rule changes?

BUSBY
12-22-2005, 04:15 PM
Thank you for that clarification and Congratulations on your Nomination! This is good to know. Are all meetings open to the general membership year round or only the September meeting for future rule changes?
Thanks ... the monthly meetings are broken down into two portions, a general meeting where the previous months meetings minutes, Treasurer's report, old business, etc. is reviewed. it then moves into new business, planning, etc. that is the portion of the meeting that is opened up to the general membership.
During the 2nd half, is held the Officers and Board Members.
Now, that is the structure ... not saying that it happens that way 100% of the time ... I attended a complete year while being a member and not on the Board and only had to leave once because there was an issue that was member sensitive (they had to speak of an issue with fights, etc. and didn't want to bring up the names to the general membership). 99.9% of the time the meeting is wide open and all active members are encouraged to attend.

stix818
12-22-2005, 08:04 PM
Bobbo541, what boat do you run!! I always like hearing a flat coming into the 9.0 class. There enough of those other boats!!! :rolleyes: Ya come on over and we'll shoot the $hit. I may try and make a couple of NJBA races, depending on what's happening at that point in the season.
BUSBY your exactly right on the dying breed and I hope that CDBA, NJBA and IHBA can come together so we can start having boat counts and lot more competitive classes.

BUSBY
12-23-2005, 07:51 AM
BUSBY your exactly right on the dying breed and I hope that CDBA, NJBA and IHBA can come together so we can start having boat counts and lot more competitive classes.
And larger purses! :rollside:

Bobbo541
12-23-2005, 10:03 AM
Hey Stix818 I have an 01 canyon I bought from Ron Grose it use to be the Wet Dream Boat that Greg drove for Ron.I have it dailed in for the 9s but I also have a new set of heads and intake to put on that Joey Grose is going to do for me but i dont if i will have the funds this year or not.I was told if i do the change could be runnig 8,50s or more,so we will just have to see what happens.

Cs19
12-23-2005, 11:14 AM
I always like hearing a flat coming into the 9.0 class. There enough of those other boats!!!
hey hey, whats wrong with those "other" boats in the 9 sec class? :) Are they giving you a hard time STIX? LOL. :)

Bobbo541
12-23-2005, 11:36 AM
Chris congrats on your runner up spot in the 9 sec. points race. If i dont make any changes we will be running each other next season I know it will be tough competion.

Fiat48
12-23-2005, 11:47 AM
The Heartbeat boat is right there on the number. That is tough to do with a flat. And tough to do at all the different tracks he runs. Great job.

stix818
12-23-2005, 02:51 PM
Thanks FIAT, we knew going in that consistency was key!!! I think the only one we didn't qualify in the top six was Oregon and that was with a 8.998!!!
Hey CS19, they all give me a hard time!!!! :D
True Dat BUSBY!!

Cs19
01-06-2006, 09:04 AM
A few days ago I heard through the grapevine that the rule where you get bumped a bracket if you break out by a tenth or more has been thrown out.At the end of the day you just declare what class you want to run just like IHBA.There are no excuses not run NJBA now.See ya at the season opener.

Bobbo541
01-06-2006, 09:25 AM
Thats what im talking about thanks for the info Chris.

Cs19
01-06-2006, 08:17 PM
no prob bob.
see you at the banquet. :skull: