05-08-2007, 05:26 AM
Anyone planning to go to mead this week end get here early,
the ramp is down to one moron, or four people that can back up a trailer

Debbolas
05-08-2007, 05:30 AM
Which marina is that?:jawdrop:

vegasriverjunkie
05-08-2007, 05:33 AM
Lake Mead Marina. Looks like I'd rather spend my time driving to Havi than waiting in line there. Probably not much difference.:idea:

Debbolas
05-08-2007, 05:44 AM
I'm confused:confused: Doesn't Lake Mead have like 7 marinas? Las Vegas Marina etc....

OutCole'd
05-08-2007, 05:51 AM
Lake Mead Marina. Looks like I'd rather spend my time driving to Havi than waiting in line there. Probably not much difference.:idea:
Yep, that's the exact reason I leave my boat in Havi. Last time there in 04 it was over an hour to launch & retrieve on a Saturday.

2forcefull
05-08-2007, 05:53 AM
yes
lake mead marina-----south
vegas wash----south-(closed no water)
hemming way ----south (first one comming from boulder city)
south cove----south (meadview)
temple bar-----south
goverment wash---north shore---(closed no water)
calville----------northshore
echo----------northshore
overton-------northshore----(closed no water )

Debbolas
05-08-2007, 06:00 AM
Thanks!
wow, so that is the main marina? I think we launched at Las Vegas Marina when we went (stayed at the Hacienda Hotel)

2forcefull
05-08-2007, 06:07 AM
Thanks!
wow, so that is the main marina? I think we launched at Las Vegas Marina when we went (stayed at the Hacienda Hotel)
Lake Mead Marina was the biggest and main one, due to low water they had to sell their whole c section to las vegas boat harbor (moved to hemming way because of no water at vegas wash) very good move for them to get hemming way, no way will they ever run out of water, only down side is they have no protection from the north winds,

DeltaSigBoater
05-08-2007, 08:39 AM
Yep, that's the exact reason I leave my boat in Havi. Last time there in 04 it was over an hour to launch & retrieve on a Saturday.
Holy crap an hour, the only time I've waited that long is when they brought in the Flight for Life Helicoptor, and landed it on the launch ramp. Mixed feelings everytime I see that, cause you know they didnt come out there for the hell of it.

68_ROGERS
05-08-2007, 08:42 AM
Stay at echo bay we have never had to wait there.

Racey
05-08-2007, 09:38 AM
I love how they had all winter to do this and they decide to start working on it one month before Memorial Day:eek: and on top of that the water is dropping so fast that the new ramp they are pouring is already well out of the water

dirty old man
05-08-2007, 12:14 PM
Lake Mead is now down 108' or at 1121. Ramps are going to get scarce soon. There are only 6 marinas left here now that Overton is gone. Can't launch boats over 21' at some places. Have a nice summer

DeltaSigBoater
05-08-2007, 01:09 PM
There are only 6 marinas left... Can't launch boats over 21' at some places. Have a nice summer
Any ideas on which places, if thats the case then a lot of people are screwed! :(
I know at TB there's a sign on the ramp "no boats larger than 35' &/or 5 Tons," but thats been there for several years now.

beaverretriever
05-08-2007, 01:26 PM
Lake Mead is now down 108' or at 1121. Ramps are going to get scarce soon. There are only 6 marinas left here now that Overton is gone. Can't launch boats over 21' at some places. Have a nice summer
They will fix it. I still see boats 30foot plus launching last weekend with the ramp in horrible shape.
Man, you guys worry too much. :D

laveydayz
05-08-2007, 08:13 PM
They will fix it. I still see boats 30foot plus launching last weekend with the ramp in horrible shape.
Man, you guys worry too much. :D
Not as bad as people say. Just there two weeks ago and had no problems other than having to back in a little further....It was not much different than last season....
A buddy of mine has been launching a 30 Hallett every weekend.....We are up almost every other weekend through out the summer and have never had to wait an hour......Maybe 20-25 max.....