PDA

View Full Version : Anti-God Quote on Starbuck Coffee Cups....

BajaMike
05-08-2007, 08:29 AM
From the Seattle P.I. website todayÂ…..
“Michelle Incanno, of Springboro, said she got an unexpected jolt when she saw the statement on a cup of coffee she bought last week at Starbucks.
Printed on the cup was: "Why in moments of crisis do we ask God for strength and help? As cognitive beings, why would we ask something that may well be a figment of our imaginations for guidance? Why not search inside ourselves for the power to overcome?
After all, we are strong enough to cause most of the catastrophes we need to endure."”
IÂ’m not religious, but that kind of bugs me.....and "we.......cause most of the catastrophes we need to endure." WTF?:eek:
IÂ’ve always hated Starbucks for their over priced coffee and snotty workersÂ…..now thereÂ’s anther reason not to go there.:sqeyes:
And…..a small coffee is called a “Tall”??:confused:

centerhill condor
05-08-2007, 08:31 AM
my favorite star buks feature is a tip jar at the drive thru.

adjones419
05-08-2007, 08:32 AM
Starbucks is gay

eliminatedsprinter
05-08-2007, 08:33 AM
Starbucks is yuppie he!!. I avoid them as much as possible....

sleekcraft80
05-08-2007, 08:36 AM
I can make a better cup of coffee at home. And after I read that post, they suck even more!!!!

78Eliminator
05-08-2007, 08:55 AM
In N Out burger bugs me for the exact same reason. A bunch of bible quote references all over their drink cups. These are food places, not religious/belief propaganda establishments.
As far as the quote above, I think it's just a message saying that most of the answers you are looking for are going to come from inside. That's all.

KingCole
05-08-2007, 09:12 AM
I got a cup from starbucks that had a quote from Rick Warren on it about belife in God and strength from Christ. Maybe starbucks thinks they are being p.c. and giving equal oppertunity to atheists.

clownpuncher
05-08-2007, 09:17 AM
[QUOTE=78Eliminator;2547378]In N Out burger bugs me for the exact same reason. A bunch of bible quote references all over their drink cups. QUOTE]
I think the only one is one the iinside lip of the bottom of the cup?

little rowe boat
05-08-2007, 09:19 AM
In N Out burger bugs me for the exact same reason. A bunch of bible quote references all over their drink cups. These are food places, not religious/belief propaganda establishments.
As far as the quote above, I think it's just a message saying that most of the answers you are looking for are going to come from inside. That's all.
I feel the opposite on both of your statements.

78Eliminator
05-08-2007, 10:02 AM
I feel the opposite on both of your statements.
And that is what's so cool about living in the US. We can both have different opinions and nobody has to get their head cut off!

dumbandyoung
05-08-2007, 10:05 AM
If you read the bible, you will see in Revelations how things like this will happen in our time. Im not at all a good Christian follower, due to the life style I continue to live. But I do believe in the Bible and everything it speaks of and predicts.

Screaming Pete
05-08-2007, 10:05 AM
I thru a cup of coffee from starbucks away one time because of message on it. got my money back. some are enlighting but some are over the line. IMHO

Devil's Advocate
05-08-2007, 10:08 AM
They need to keep their messages simple and impartial, like Mc D's, "I'm lovin' it.":D

78Eliminator
05-08-2007, 10:13 AM
They need to keep their messages simple and impartial, like Mc D's, "I'm lovin' it.":D
or "Contents you are about to enjoy may be extremely hot."

Rexone
05-08-2007, 10:21 AM
They should just have a simple message like.
"Enjoy your highly overpriced cup of at best, average coffee"
and leave it at that.

78Eliminator
05-08-2007, 10:26 AM
They should just have a simple message like.
"Enjoy your highly overpriced cup of at best, average coffee"
and leave it at that.
In a nutritional rag I read that the average cup of starbucks has almost 5 times the amount of caffeine than other comparable brews. For those who enjoy starbucks, the key to their flavor is the purified water that they use. If you brew coffee at home and use say, arrowhead mountain spring water, you will be amazed at how much better the coffee tastes compared to when you use tap water. Same was true when I used to brew beer. The water was a HUGE factor in taste.

ULTRA26 # 1
05-08-2007, 10:28 AM
Starbuck's has the right to put any message they choose on their product.
We have the right not to buy their product.
Freedom of Speech and Freedom of Choice. Good things for sure!:D

NOTALENT
05-08-2007, 10:33 AM
The bible is the greatest book ever written (Sarcasm) :D It's a good quote IMO and inspires people to look within themselves to deal with problems and not look to an imaginary friend....:eek: :D for help.
It's there company and they have every right to do this. If you dont like it, dont buy it:devil:

sleekcraft80
05-08-2007, 10:37 AM
If you read the bible, you will see in Revelations how things like this will happen in our time. Im not at all a good Christian follower, due to the life style I continue to live. But I do believe in the Bible and everything it speaks of and predicts.
AMEN!

barbigrl
05-08-2007, 10:50 AM
AMEN!
I second you!

vee-driven
05-08-2007, 10:53 AM
Fuk starbucks and god, god is for people that don't believe in themselves. Religionis a business so send me your money and i'll give you something to believe in you poor soul. hahahah

rodnjen
05-08-2007, 11:11 AM
I don't worry much about that stuff. Much like the way I avoid the God references at In & Out. I like the burgers so I have one now and then. It's their business and they can say or print what they like. If it bothers me or anyone else that much, then shopping elsewhere is always an option.

BajaMike
05-08-2007, 11:23 AM
In a nutritional rag I read that the average cup of starbucks has almost 5 times the amount of caffeine than other comparable brews.
What "nutritional rag" did you read that in??:confused: ......another Internet BS rumor.....:idea:

dumbandyoung
05-08-2007, 11:35 AM
The bible is the greatest book ever written (Sarcasm) :D It's a good quote IMO and inspires people to look within themselves to deal with problems and not look to an imaginary friend....:eek: :D for help.
It's there company and they have every right to do this. If you dont like it, dont buy it:devil:
HAHAHAAHAHA!! are you serious about that last post?..because that was stupid!
If every company had the right to market what they wanted, Tabacco companies would have TV commercials, Beer compaines would advertise college kids getting drunk, Credit Card companies wouldnt have small disclaimers at the bottom of the page or screen.
Im not going to sit here and try and prove the reasons why the bible is the greatest book of all time in my belief. And I will not sit here and explain the years of research of the bible being writen by numerous authors who some have never met or lived in the same time, yet the Bible never contridicts it self once. The reason I will not is because being a beliver in the bible, means that I dont judge other people for their beliefs or try and prove my beliefs right. Which you have just done.
I think its perfectly fine that you choose not to belive in the bible or this imaginary caracter you speak of. That is your choice and your right, but I think your comment was based on complete imaturity and no fact or brian cells.

78Eliminator
05-08-2007, 12:28 PM
What "nutritional rag" did you read that in??:confused: ......another Internet BS rumor.....:idea:
I believe it was "Nutrition Action". It's an independent deal written by MDs and non profit.

Big Warlock
05-08-2007, 12:33 PM
Whoa buddy!!! Bible class??? New Talent?? Think things through before you just toss an idea out there. You might find new lake talent in your local bible class! :D :D :D
Hadn't thought of that had you????:eek: :eek:

My Man's Sportin' Wood
05-08-2007, 12:35 PM
yet the Bible never contridicts it self once.
Are you serious?
re: Children paying for the sins of the father
ISA 14:21 Prepare slaughter for his children for the iniquity of their fathers; that they do not rise, nor possess the land, nor fill the face of the world with cities.
DEU 24:16 The fathers shall not be put to death for the children, neither shall the children be put to death for the fathers: every man shall be put to death for his own sin.
re: How did Judas die?
Acts 1:18: "Now this man (Judas) purchased a field with the reward of iniquity; and falling headlong, he burst asunder in the midst, and all his bowels gushed out."
Matt. 27:5-7: "And he (Judas) cast down the pieces of silver in the temple, and departed, and went and hanged himself. And the chief priests...bought with them the potter's field."
re: Jesus' last words
Matt.27:46,50: "And about the ninth hour Jesus cried with a loud voice, saying, "Eli, eli, lama sabachthani?" that is to say, "My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me?" ...Jesus, when he cried again with a loud voice, yielded up the ghost."
Luke23:46: "And when Jesus had cried with a loud voice, he said, "Father, unto thy hands I commend my spirit:" and having said thus, he gave up the ghost."
John19:30: "When Jesus therefore had received the vinegar, he said, "It is finished:" and he bowed his head, and gave up the ghost."
As for the Starbucks quote, they put a lot of different things on their cups. Most of them I find interesting. They are to get us to think. If you don't like it, don't shop there, or don't read it. It's your choice.

Big Warlock
05-08-2007, 12:46 PM
WOW look at us all serious and shiat about the bible.
Let's see...........
The bible is a compilation of books, first assembled some four hundred years after Christ died. (Honestly, I can barely remember Poker run weekend, yet alone last year!)
All the books were translated from other languages, I believe the majoriity, if not all, were originally in Aramaic, a dead language. The current, english version was translated during the crusades period. That would be about a thousand years after the bible was first assembled?
There were many books in the bible. Over time, some have been removed, added, etc. etc.
The bible is best described as a guide. It is a very important piece of our country's history and the history of the western world. However, the vast, vast majority of the world believes in other religions. We are way out numbered as Christians.
We are at "war" because of our religious beliefs as a primary reason "they" want to kill you and I. A secondary reason is keeping a flow of oil available for our economy.
We'll that's it kids. I think that might help some of you out. Good old Catholic education coming to answer your concerns.
Now NO TALENT, about bible study and chicks!!! :D

My Man's Sportin' Wood
05-08-2007, 12:47 PM
Let's see...........
The bible is a compilation of books, first assembled some four hundred years after Christ died. (Honestly, I can barely remember Poker run weekend, yet alone last year!)
All the books were translated from other languages, I believe the majoriity, if not all, were originally in Aramaic, a dead language. The current, english version was translated during the crusades period. That would be about a thousand years after the bible was first assembled?
There were many books in the bible. Over time, some have been removed, added, etc. etc.
The bible is best described as a guide. It is a very important piece of our country's history and the history of the western world. However, the vast, vast majority of the world believes in other religions. We are way out numbered as Christians.
We are at "war" because of our religious beliefs as a primary reason "they" want to kill you and I. A secondary reason is keeping a flow of oil available for our economy.
We'll that's it kids. I think that might help some of you out. Good old Catholic education coming to answer your concerns.
I agree.

RiverDave
05-08-2007, 12:53 PM
Ok I'm not an overly religious person, but I've read the bible cover to cover..
Where in Revelations does it predict that Starbucks will put anything, let alone religioius and nonreligious comments on their cups? Or that In N Out will casually make passage references on their cups, and fries? etc..
RD

eliminatedsprinter
05-08-2007, 01:00 PM
Looks like Starbuck's has got some people thinking. I could care less what is written on my Coffee cup as long as it's not a hazardous material warning. I'm no fan of Starbucks, but I just can't imagine being uptight enough to care about the messages on their cups or dumb enough to be influenced by them. After all it's just a dopey coffee stand, not the Oracle of Delphi...:)

NOTALENT
05-08-2007, 01:00 PM
Let's see...........
:D
Im just starting controversey (Notice how Dumbandumber doesnt know what smilie faces mean):eek: :D ....some people are way to sensetive over GOD and the BIBLE. I personally dont believe in God, thats my choice. Grew up in a Cathloic family and yeah....they totally hate that I dont believe. I did believe once, but no longer.

78Eliminator
05-08-2007, 01:05 PM
I personally dont believe in God, thats my choice. Grew up in a Cathloic family and yeah....they totally hate that I dont believe. I did believe once, but no longer.
I learned in catholic school.............that I don't want anything to do with that religion. Or any for that matter.

ULTRA26 # 1
05-08-2007, 01:12 PM
HAHAHAAHAHA!! are you serious about that last post?..because that was stupid! If every company had the right to market what they wanted, Tabacco companies would have TV commercials, Beer compaines would advertise college kids getting drunk, Credit Card companies wouldnt have small disclaimers at the bottom of the page or screen.
I think its perfectly fine that you choose not to belive in the bible or this imaginary caracter you speak of. That is your choice and your right, but I think your comment was based on complete imaturity and no fact or brian cells.
I don't believe anyone has said that every company has the right to market what they want. What was said was, "It's there company and they have every right to do this. If you dont like it, dont buy it" If Starbucks or any other Company, for that matter, chooses to sell their product in packaging that includes a picture, saying or anything else that is legal, it is their right. You, the consumer, have the right not to purchase something that you find offensive.
IMO there was nothing stupid, immature or brainless about the comment to which you responded. The comment was well thought out, at least.
Thinking before you speak is a sign of maturity.
Please give that some thought. :)

ChumpChange
05-08-2007, 01:49 PM
Are you serious?
re: Children paying for the sins of the father
ISA 14:21 Prepare slaughter for his children for the iniquity of their fathers; that they do not rise, nor possess the land, nor fill the face of the world with cities.
DEU 24:16 The fathers shall not be put to death for the children, neither shall the children be put to death for the fathers: every man shall be put to death for his own sin.
re: How did Judas die?
Acts 1:18: "Now this man (Judas) purchased a field with the reward of iniquity; and falling headlong, he burst asunder in the midst, and all his bowels gushed out."
Matt. 27:5-7: "And he (Judas) cast down the pieces of silver in the temple, and departed, and went and hanged himself. And the chief priests...bought with them the potter's field."
re: Jesus' last words
Matt.27:46,50: "And about the ninth hour Jesus cried with a loud voice, saying, "Eli, eli, lama sabachthani?" that is to say, "My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me?" ...Jesus, when he cried again with a loud voice, yielded up the ghost."
Luke23:46: "And when Jesus had cried with a loud voice, he said, "Father, unto thy hands I commend my spirit:" and having said thus, he gave up the ghost."
John19:30: "When Jesus therefore had received the vinegar, he said, "It is finished:" and he bowed his head, and gave up the ghost."
As for the Starbucks quote, they put a lot of different things on their cups. Most of them I find interesting. They are to get us to think. If you don't like it, don't shop there, or don't read it. It's your choice.
Each one of those verses is in a differenct context. Just like many of the quotes we take off ***boat, including the one in my signature, one can make something appear to be one way or the other. Do you really think Topless thinks she is irrelevant to ***boat? Probably not. But by deleting the words before and after those words, it sure makes her say it.
The bible DOES NOT contradict itself. If you take one verse here and there...yes, you can make it sound that way. If you read each of those verses IN CONTEXT by reading the verses before and after, you will realize they do not mean what you are trying to make them say.

78Eliminator
05-08-2007, 01:59 PM
Stabucks should put some pictures of these on their cups. The christians always were inventive when it same to devices of torture!
http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Dungeon/4712/torture.html
I actually saw these in person at a torture device exhibit in balboa park in san diego. Creeeeeeepey. They were all but a few developed by religious officials and popes during and around the time of the spanish inquisition.
Think christians have some sexual hang ups? LOL The devices at the balboa park exhibit were just about all sexual in nature.

78Eliminator
05-08-2007, 02:07 PM
Here are some more. Remember: "Love thy neighbor".........that is, if he shares the exact same beliefs as you.....LOL
http://folk.ntnu.no/erlenkra/Daily%20Radar%20Feature%20-%2020%20Gnarliest%20Torture%20Devices%20of%20All%2 0Time.htm

OutCole'd
05-08-2007, 02:10 PM
The reason I will not is because being a beliver in the bible, means that I dont judge other people for their beliefs or try and prove my beliefs right. Which you have just done.
Huh??:confused:

05-08-2007, 02:10 PM
I am a recovering catholic and , my sponsor says I should stop reading this thread.

Kachina26
05-08-2007, 02:15 PM
but I think your comment was based on complete imaturity and no fact or brian cells.
Is this some veiled reference to Monty Python's The Life of Brian? I loved that movie. Before you go off and tell somebody that they're not real bright, (think that's what you were going for here), run the spell check ;)

Debbolas
05-08-2007, 02:24 PM
My oldest begins her first day at work - at Starbucks - today :D
I will find out about the anti-Christan, pro-devil messages they have been sticking on their cups ;)
They are a pretty good employer so far, Medical, Dental and Optical, and she is part time :D

78Eliminator
05-08-2007, 02:32 PM
I will find out about the anti-Christan, pro-devil messages they have been sticking on their cups ;)
They are a pretty good employer so far, Medical, Dental and Optical, and she is part time :D
Save your daughter while you can!!! Starbucks is not owned by corporate America, but rather: LUICFER HIMSELF! It's an evil company who's mission is to perpetuate cafeine addiction and freedom of thought.

That Guy
05-08-2007, 02:36 PM
HAHAHAAHAHA!! are you serious about that last post?..because that was stupid!
If every company had the right to market what they wanted, Tabacco companies would have TV commercials, Beer compaines would advertise college kids getting drunk, Credit Card companies wouldnt have small disclaimers at the bottom of the page or screen.
Im not going to sit here and try and prove the reasons why the bible is the greatest book of all time in my belief. And I will not sit here and explain the years of research of the bible being writen by numerous authors who some have never met or lived in the same time, yet the Bible never contridicts it self once. The reason I will not is because being a beliver in the bible, means that I dont judge other people for their beliefs or try and prove my beliefs right. Which you have just done.
I would think that if you are accusing someone of having no brain cells then you should at least be able to spell brain!...and I find your religous pro-bible rant very funny based on the quote you have as part of your signature...
"Originally Posted by The Bilge Idiot
This is the best invention since sliced pussy!":eek: :confused: :)

eliminatedsprinter
05-08-2007, 02:38 PM
It's Starbucks. Who cares what their cups say?? It's just a place for people who like to piss away money, to go and spend 4 dollars making a cup of coffee taste like an 80 cent cup of hot choclolate...:)

Tom Brown
05-08-2007, 02:39 PM
Sometimes, when I go to church, my hands feel hot and a strong odor of sulfur emits from me. I’ve always put it down to having masturbated just prior to attending but now I’m not so sure. http://www.***boat.com/ubb/graemlins/idea_2.gif

Jesster
05-08-2007, 02:53 PM
Stabucks should put some pictures of these on their cups. The christians always were inventive when it same to devices of torture!
I actually saw these in person at a torture device exhibit in balboa park in san diego. Creeeeeeepey. They were all but a few developed by religious officials and popes during and around the time of the spanish inquisition.
Think christians have some sexual hang ups? LOL The devices at the balboa park exhibit were just about all sexual in nature.
The comments are all great IF we still lived in the middle ages. Notice that Christianity does not condone or use devices like that anymore. :eek: They were used by an bunch of religious Zealots. Christianity is by no means a perfect religion there are no perfect religions but it is also not Islam. Religion like culture progresses in most instances the obvious exception being Islam which has been stuck in the 15th century and shows no signs of change. I grew up Catholic also and went through the anti Catholic phase pointing out the mistakes (read inquisition and holy wars) made by Catholics over the century's. I have come to the realization/conclusion that the mistakes were made by men, and learned from by men (hopefully). They were not mistakes made by the "religion". I don’t practice Catholicism anymore but I do consider myself Christian and go to church regularly, being Christian I defend the bible when I feel it needs defending. The quotes were taken out of context in some of the cases and the rest I believe were lost in translation. Considering how old it is it is amazing how little seems to be lost.
I believe the quote in the 1st post is a good one but I also believe any inner strength that a person has comes from God. That means whoever wrote it just forgot that part. :idea: The best way to get a point across is by example. If everybody practiced what is preached the world would be a much better place. "Do unto others" is probably the one commandment that would do the most good if followed by everybody.

My Man's Sportin' Wood
05-08-2007, 03:09 PM
I will pray for her soul.

Mrs. Bordsmnj
05-08-2007, 03:10 PM
Holy Jeebus!!!!
I have always wanted to check that exhibit out and and now I am glad I never did! :eek: :eek:

RiverDave
05-08-2007, 03:19 PM
The comments are all great IF we still lived in the middle ages. Notice that Christianity does not condone or use devices like that anymore. :eek: They were used by an bunch of religious Zealots.
Jesster, the reality of the situation is "society" (in particular American society) doesn't condone that type of behavior anymore. The religion had to adapt becuase laws were put in place to protect innocents from the atrocities (and I mean shit that'd curdle your stomach and make those 15th century Islamics look civilized) consistently being done "In the name of God" especially in the name of Christianity and Catholocism (in particular). The people that did those things weren't considered "zealots" at the time, so why are they now? They were just god fearing christians, doing what they percieved as gods will.
RD

Jbb
05-08-2007, 03:48 PM
Sometimes, when I go to church, my hands feel hot and a strong odor of sulfur emits from me. I’ve always put it down to having masturbated just prior to attending but now I’m not so sure. http://www.***boat.com/ubb/graemlins/idea_2.gif
God.....or Paul B. will get you for that.......Brown......:p
Or.....20 long haired friends of Jesus.........In a chartruese micro bus...

Jbb
05-08-2007, 04:05 PM
http://www.strangecosmos.com/images/content/125173.jpg

dumbandyoung
05-08-2007, 04:19 PM
I would think that if you are accusing someone of having no brain cells then you should at least be able to spell brain!...and I find your religous pro-bible rant very funny based on the quote you have as part of your signature...
"Originally Posted by The Bilge Idiot
This is the best invention since sliced pussy!":eek: :confused: :)
sorry bout the speelling. i have a broken keyboard today and it takes too long to correct every word. .
maybe you didnt read my entire post??? im assuming not because you would see that i said I believe in the bible but do not live my life according to it. You would also notice how I said that I would not judge Notalent on his belief becauuse I have no right to do so. So how about you read an entire post before you open your mouth. :jawdrop: :idea:
I would also like to add thatt ChumpChange is completly right in his last post. You cant take bits and peices from the bible and say it contridicts itself.

My Man's Sportin' Wood
05-08-2007, 04:28 PM
Listen. If one TRULY believes in the Bible, he or she will be on their best behavior as much as possible. You would not make the conscious decision to "not live your life by it." Because that would mean that you were going to hell. According to the Bible, hell is not a good place. You do not want to go there. You would make EVERY attempt in your daily life to make sure you wouldn't go there. Not hope there's time to ask for forgiveness when your time comes and hope you are forgiven. There's not always time, if you really believed, you would make damn :devil: sure you are going to heaven.
Those priests who have committed those most heinous sins against children don't truly believe. You will never convince me of that. They did not fear God. Doesn't sound like you do either.
In my opinion, the Bible is a primary source document, and not a very reliable one. :D

BajaMike
05-08-2007, 04:36 PM
I believe it was "Nutrition Action". It's an independent deal written by MDs and non profit.
It just sounds like BS to me.....5 times the amount of caffeine:confused:

Troy McClure
05-08-2007, 04:38 PM
Those priests who have committed those most heinous sins against children don't truly believe. You will never convince me of that. They did not fear God. Doesn't sound like you do either.
In my opinion, the Bible is a primary source document, and not a very reliable one. :D
Come on! Those priests were just misunderstood, and their actions were taken out of context and maybe even lost in translation. After all that happened a long time ago. Besides, their actions don't speak for the religion. Priests in this day and age don't do that anymore and their bosses don't try to hide their actions, they just move them to other assignments because, well, because it was just time to do so.

My Man's Sportin' Wood
05-08-2007, 04:41 PM
Well, you have to be Catholic to believe in Purgatory :D

plaster dave
05-08-2007, 04:44 PM
As far as the quote above, I think it's just a message saying that most of the answers you are looking for are going to come from inside. That's all. Amen brother.

ULTRA26 # 1
05-08-2007, 05:05 PM
sorry bout the speelling. i have a broken keyboard today and it takes too long to correct every word. .
maybe you didnt read my entire post??? im assuming not because you would see that i said I believe in the bible but do not live my life according to it. You would also notice how I said that I would not judge Notalent on his belief becauuse I have no right to do so. So how about you read an entire post before you open your mouth. :jawdrop: :idea:
I would also like to add thatt ChumpChange is completly right in his last post. You cant take bits and peices from the bible and say it contridicts itself.
Dumbandyoung,
Hope you can help me understand something. If the Bible states that one is not to judge others for their religious beliefs, how is it that so many New Testament based religions, preach that only those who have accepted Christ, may go to heaven. All others go to hell. Seems like a contradiction to me.

Debbolas
05-08-2007, 05:12 PM
I will pray for her soul.
Are we really discussing religion on Hot Boat?:confused:
What ever blows your hair back ;)

Jesster
05-08-2007, 05:32 PM
Jesster, the reality of the situation is "society" (in particular American society) doesn't condone that type of behavior anymore. The religion had to adapt becuase laws were put in place to protect innocents from the atrocities (and I mean shit that'd curdle your stomach and make those 15th century Islamics look civilized) consistently being done "In the name of God" especially in the name of Christianity and Catholocism (in particular). The people that did those things weren't considered "zealots" at the time, so why are they now? They were just god fearing christians, doing what they percieved as gods will.
RD
The key word there is "percieved" my perception of gods will obviously differs greatly from those and so do 99.9% of people today. It is funny though that the laws that were put into place were fundamentally derived from the rules that Christianity holds so dear (10 commandments). I see a lot of accusations agains the Christians but look around you and tell me that there arent "zealots" in almost any organized segment of society. Political zealots, enviromental, societal, agnostic, atheistic, they just dont get the airtime that christians do because at this point in our society its PC to bash the "Jesus lovers". My firm conviction is that if I am wrong in my beliefs there wont be anyone there at the end to say I wish he would have listened to me BUT if I am right I promise not to say I told you so. :D
I will agree that society plays a role in how the behavior is no longer condoned but to say that American society had anything to do with things taking place from the 1100's to about the mid 1200's is giving us to much credit. :D
"They were just god fearing christians" That statement make me wonder what you think of Christians and what they are capable of today. There is certainly a lot of rhetoric regarding christians and also what that crackball Rosie said about Chritianity being more dangerous that Islam, but I havent seen any knights lined up in formation to attack the local Jewish or Islamic temple or even a picket line for that matter. Chistianity is not a radical expresion of religion much to the contrary every day a little of what Christians consider their belief system is eroded away.
There is no one religion above all others and never will be but the basic tenants taught by Christ, if followed even in a general way would make this world a much better place. Its the so called prophets and the religious zealots that mis-interpret and re-interpret the teachings "in the name of religion" and the so called moralists (because its all relative) that cause the problems.
Way to deep for a HB thread why didnt somebody tell me to shut up. :D

BajaMike
05-08-2007, 05:32 PM
Are we really discussing religion on Hot Boat?:confused:
What ever blows your hair back ;)
I didn't start this thread to get into religion.....I just hate Starbucks.....:D
:idea:

Debbolas
05-08-2007, 05:36 PM
I didn't start this thread to get into religion.....I just hate Starbucks.....:D
:idea:
So does my brother, he is a Peets Coffee man ;)

FOREVER2DOXIES
05-08-2007, 05:38 PM
From the Seattle P.I. website todayÂ…..
“Michelle Incanno, of Springboro, said she got an unexpected jolt when she saw the statement on a cup of coffee she bought last week at Starbucks.
Printed on the cup was: "Why in moments of crisis do we ask God for strength and help? As cognitive beings, why would we ask something that may well be a figment of our imaginations for guidance? Why not search inside ourselves for the power to overcome? After all, we are strong enough to cause most of the catastrophes we need to endure."”
IÂ’m not religious, but that kind of bugs me.....and "we.......cause most of the catastrophes we need to endure." WTF?:eek:
IÂ’ve always hated Starbucks for their over priced coffee and snotty workersÂ…..now thereÂ’s anther reason not to go there.:sqeyes:
And…..a small coffee is called a “Tall”??:confused:
If you try to see some reality to this quote, and in advance I am sorry if what I am about to say offends some on the site, what this is saying is that isnt it important to help ourselves be strong...to depend on ourselves to fix what we create? not that this is against God or those who believe and those who let everything go to God...but rather God made us a strong "being" and if we can create the shit we do then we need to depend upon ourselves to fix it or deal. I think it speaks of the shit we create....is it fair to "God" for us to create shit and then expect "him/she/it" to fix it?

Jesster
05-08-2007, 05:53 PM
Dumbandyoung,
Hope you can help me understand something. If the Bible states that one is not to judge others for their religious beliefs, how is it that so many New Testament based religions, preach that only those who have accepted Christ, may go to heaven. All others go to hell. Seems like a contradiction to me.
I personally think thatÂ’s crap and I am a Christian. Here is another example of the machine called capitalism effecting the otherwise good intentioned Christian movement. Go after the almighty dollar with threats of doom and damnation unless you follow the teachings of Christ. I donÂ’t think God or Christ is that narrow minded but hey who am I to dispute the religious freedoms of a bunch of people trying to make a living. But then again I would like to see the stats of how many Christians there are in our prison and jail system Vs. people that donÂ’t believe or at least are non practicing. I would be willing to bet that the ratio is probably pretty high.

PunkAssBitch
05-08-2007, 07:16 PM
But then again I would like to see the stats of how many Christians there are in our prison and jail system Vs. people that donÂ’t believe or at least are non practicing. I would be willing to bet that the ratio is probably pretty high.
Isn't where they all go to get "saved"?
Hmmm..... I haven't noticed many news stories of Buddhist monks going to prison lately

HavaSkank
05-08-2007, 07:17 PM
It's OK, God prbably has an anti Starbucks message on his coffee cup...
Funny stuff right thar!

Jbb
05-09-2007, 02:20 AM
:D or would you been happier if it said "f..k you and the horse you rode in on ":eek:
They pretty much say that.......In the pricing.....:D

shueman
05-09-2007, 03:31 AM
my favorite star buks feature is a tip jar at the drive thru. :) They should have carhops in hooters style outfits...:D

NashvilleBound
05-09-2007, 03:57 AM
This thread has been VERY eye opening. To say that I am dissapointed in a few of you that I know replying like you did would be an understatement. I enjoy hearing what everyones opinions and beliefs are as I feel its your life and your entitled to your own regardless of what it is. I do beleive in God and Jesus. I am also a sinner and I hope that I can live my life in a way that I will make it into heaven. I've most certainly made mistakes(uhh, ya).....but I also believe Jesus died for our sins and I try to learn by them(my mistakes). Im hoping that when I ask for forgivness Im not wasting my breath....I guess thats where MY faith comes in.

Jbb
05-09-2007, 04:12 AM
This thread has been VERY eye opening. To say that I am dissapointed in a few of you that I know replying like you did would be an understatement. I enjoy hearing what everyones opinions and beliefs are as I feel its your life and your entitled to your own regardless of what it is. I do beleive in God and Jesus. I am also a sinner and I hope that I can live my life in a way that I will make it into heaven. I've most certainly made mistakes(uhh, ya).....but I also believe Jesus died for our sins and I try to learn by them(my mistakes). Im hoping that when I ask for forgivness Im not wasting my breath....I guess thats where MY faith comes in.
Disappointed....... :idea:
Are you saying ...that anyone, who's beliefs differ from yours.....is wrong?...because you happen to believe different?
To say disappointment is an understatement.....and then go on about respecting people's religious entitlements......seems kinda contradictatory.....

ULTRA26 # 1
05-09-2007, 07:51 AM
Are only those who believe in God and Christ eligible for heaven? Or is it how one lives his/her life that that determines their final destination?

Kachina26
05-09-2007, 08:41 AM
Are only those who believe in God and Christ eligible for heaven? Or is it how one lives his/her life that that determines their final destination?
I am the way, the truth, and the light. No man comes to the Father but through Me.
Pretty much sums it up. Not looking to convert anyone, just answering your question. Of course, one would have to believe what was written in that book to take that verse to heart. That's my one and only reply to the thread, I'm not gonna get bated into a religious debate. :D

78Eliminator
05-09-2007, 09:07 AM
They pretty much say that.......In the pricing.....:D
A cup of black coffee is $0.15 more at Starbucks than the same amount of black coffee from AM/PM and it tastes about 10 times better. Now, I am cheap but give me a break. $0.15????????????
I know all the fu fu drinks are more expensive, but I wouldn't expect you to order a fu fu drink, right Brian??? :D :D

Howie Feltersnatch
05-09-2007, 09:12 AM
If God is so friggin' great how come all his activities are excluded from coverage on my insurance policy?

78Eliminator
05-09-2007, 09:19 AM
That's what they want you to believe so you will join their club.

Jbb
05-09-2007, 09:54 AM
A cup of black coffee is $0.15 more at Starbucks than the same amount of black coffee from AM/PM and it tastes about 10 times better. Now, I am cheap but give me a break. $0.15????????????
I know all the fu fu drinks are more expensive, but I wouldn't expect you to order a fu fu drink, right Brian??? :D :D
I dont drink coffee at all...never have.......I drink whiskey....and take amphetamines to say awake...and smoke 4 packs of Lucky Strikes a day...:)...and then the paint fumes....lol

78Eliminator
05-09-2007, 10:03 AM
I dont drink coffee at all...never have.......I drink whiskey....and take amphetamines to say awake...and smoke 4 packs of Lucky Strikes a day...:)...and then the paint fumes....lol
I just sniff model glue and huff acetone.

Jbb
05-09-2007, 10:05 AM
I just sniff model glue and huff acetone.
Acetone...yes...:D

NashvilleBound
05-09-2007, 10:45 AM
Disappointed....... :idea:
Are you saying ...that anyone, who's beliefs differ from yours.....is wrong?...because you happen to believe different?
To say disappointment is an understatement.....and then go on about respecting people's religious entitlements......seems kinda contradictatory.....
No, not at all. I just was surprised that a few of you that I know....or thought I knew.... said what you did. Thats all. I stand behind the statement of respecting anyones choice of belief as its thier life. I never force feed any religion on anyone. I state my thoughts and such and hopefully have a discussion from there. Besides, is religious talk on ***boat even legal??? :jawdrop: :D

NashvilleBound
05-09-2007, 10:47 AM
100% yes. You must accept Christ into your heart AND (I beleive) live your life correctly...... remembering forgivness is part of it because we ARE sinners by nature. Well, there's lots to it actually......

RiverDave
05-09-2007, 12:27 PM
No, not at all. I just was surprised that a few of you that I know....or thought I knew.... said what you did. Thats all. I stand behind the statement of respecting anyones choice of belief as its thier life. I never force feed any religion on anyone. I state my thoughts and such and hopefully have a discussion from there. Besides, is religious talk on ***boat even legal??? :jawdrop: :D
I gotta ask point blank.. Is this in reference to me and my comment about how the religion had to adapt becuase of society?
RD

Jbb
05-09-2007, 12:28 PM
I gotta ask point blank.. Is this in reference to me and my comment about how the religion had to adapt becuase of society?
RD
Dammit Lil Mr......Brown was right ....Why does it always have to be about you!!!!
RD SUX!!

Tom Brown
05-09-2007, 12:33 PM
Or.....20 long haired friends of Jesus.........In a chartruese micro bus...
Don't get me started.
I just got yelled at by a police officer for bumping some C.W. McCall too loud in a residential area. http://www.***boat.com/ubb/mad.gif

That Guy
05-09-2007, 12:46 PM
Oh boy, hear we go with the spelling biatch, what's next? you gunna pick on his "Sergio Valente" jeans! :idea:
I guess you didn't see the irony in him telling someone to use their brain and then he can't spell brain....I'll go more slowly next time....:rolleyes:

RiverDave
05-09-2007, 12:50 PM
The key word there is "percieved" my perception of gods will obviously differs greatly from those and so do 99.9% of people today.
Jesster, I'm not really one to debate religion very often but WTF... Why not right? Ok 1st things 1st. Where do you get YOUR perception of god? From the Church is the answer..
It is funny though that the laws that were put into place were fundamentally derived from the rules that Christianity holds so dear (10 commandments).
It's also funny that not that long ago there was the Salem witch hunts?
I see a lot of accusations agains the Christians but look around you and tell me that there arent "zealots" in almost any organized segment of society. Political zealots, enviromental, societal, agnostic, atheistic, they just dont get the airtime that christians do because at this point in our society its PC to bash the "Jesus lovers".
I disagree with that completely.. It has never been "PC" to bash the "jesus lovers" just saying that in itself is stupid.. We have a Christian president for crying out loud! Stop trying to be a martyr or a victim.. I genuinely doubt you've EVER been persecuted for your beliefs.
My firm conviction is that if I am wrong in my beliefs there wont be anyone there at the end to say I wish he would have listened to me BUT if I am right I promise not to say I told you so. :D
Just outta curiosity.. What happens if Christ was the son of god? (Assuming the jewish faith isn't correct) How many variations of christianity is there now? What happens if you picked the wrong one, and that one doesn't get to go through the ole pearly gates? I guess what I'm asking is, how did you pick your faith, which ultimately helped you develop your perception of god?
I will agree that society plays a role in how the behavior is no longer condoned but to say that American society had anything to do with things taking place from the 1100's to about the mid 1200's is giving us to much credit. :D
These things were going on way later then the 1100 and 1200's.. Again, Salem witch hunts?
"They were just god fearing christians" That statement make me wonder what you think of Christians and what they are capable of today.
Here's not what I think of most christians but rather what I KNOW.. I grew up going to a christian school. Through out my years I've maintained several friendships with people, and there parents.. Historically the more involved with the religion they are, the more of a shitbag person they tend to be.
To excersize one example (of 1000's) my ex-girlfriends step dad was in a christian band, mom was a christian. They used to have large christian parties, church this, church that.. If you went to the party everytime someone went in the bathroom they'd all talk shit on them "did you hear this? did you hear that?" Any and all of them would ask for favors to know end, but to lend a fellow hand? good luck with that shit.. Their moral compass was spinning, yet they all have this arrogant aire about them that they have found Christ and are in on some secret the rest of the world doesn't know about.. Ironically enough that same arrogant aire would often stir up trouble over at the homestead becuase of differences in "their" perception of the god I'd guess you'd say.
There is certainly a lot of rhetoric regarding christians and also what that crackball Rosie said about Chritianity being more dangerous that Islam, but I havent seen any knights lined up in formation to attack the local Jewish or Islamic temple or even a picket line for that matter.
Worlds dumbest statement.. Do the words Rowe vs Wade ring a bell? Since you brought up knights... How about the Ku Klux klan? Just becuase it's not your belief in christianity doesn't mean it's not christianity.
Chistianity is not a radical expresion of religion much to the contrary every day a little of what Christians consider their belief system is eroded away.
How can you erode away a belief system? And your right todays version of christianity might not be a "radical expression of religion" but again not that long ago it didn't get much more radical then what was considered every day routine "doing gods will." The Crusades? Torture? Spanish Inquisition? Do you realize that "christians" actually came up with biological warfare and used it against the Aztecs?
There is no one religion above all others and never will be but the basic tenants taught by Christ, if followed even in a general way would make this world a much better place.
Yet if one follows the guidelines of the 10 commandments they are not allowed passage to Heaven?
Its the so called prophets and the religious zealots that mis-interpret and re-interpret the teachings "in the name of religion" and the so called moralists (because its all relative) that cause the problems.
Was David Koresh a religious Zealot? The few that followed him didn't think he was.. They thought of him the same way you feel about Christ, and if you didn't believe in him, then you lacked faith.
So in that same thought I ask you? If I live my life with a good moral compass, why shall I not be granted entrance into heaven? Can a person of faith live their life how they see fit (not as god see's fit), but becuase they believe there getting in?
Way to deep for a HB thread why didnt somebody tell me to shut up. :D
So now we come back full circle to something you asked me earlier..
"They were just god fearing christians" That statement make me wonder what you think of Christians and what they are capable of today.
Every single atrocity that has happened in the past would repeat itself in very short order (except worse becuase of advanced technologies) if the for some unruly reason church and state we're merged again. Long story short if they had the power to do so, then your fooling yourself if you don't believe they'd use it to influence people to think like they do, whether that be out of fear or love is irrelevant.
RD

eliminatedsprinter
05-09-2007, 12:53 PM
My Coffee cup today said "RD Sux" what does that mean??;)
Last week it said "Beer Me".:D

My Man's Sportin' Wood
05-09-2007, 12:53 PM
100% yes. You must accept Christ into your heart AND (I beleive) live your life correctly...... remembering forgivness is part of it because we ARE sinners by nature. Well, there's lots to it actually......
So, Hebrews are God's chosen people, but they aren't going to heaven? This is the main problem I have with organized religion.

Tom Brown
05-09-2007, 12:56 PM
...if they had the power to do so, then your fooling yourself if you don't believe they'd use it to influence people to think like they do...
Do you remember how happy you were to find out that I have taken to drinking Coors Light and smoking Marlboro cigarettes?

NashvilleBound
05-09-2007, 12:57 PM
RD
LOL...RD I thought YOU were God!??!?!??! Now im really confused. Seriously...no. Tho I do feel society has stereotyped religion and, like allot of things, has desensitized us to the point of not saying anything at all....
or fearing what we do say will be taken wrong...... that make sense??? Its been a really long day.......

ULTRA26 # 1
05-09-2007, 12:59 PM
There are many people in this world who are honest and truley caring, good people, who don't know about Christ or have different religious beliefs. And God says to hell with these people and accepts into heaven sinners (liars, cheaters, thieves etc.) who have asked for forgiveness.
In blunt terms, Heaven is for Christians only and to hell with everyone else. :confused: :confused: :confused:

That Guy
05-09-2007, 01:00 PM
maybe you didnt read my entire post??? im assuming not because you would see that i said I believe in the bible but do not live my life according to it. You would also notice how I said that I would not judge Notalent on his belief becauuse I have no right to do so. So how about you read an entire post before you open your mouth.
I just found your entire post ironic in that you talk about the bible and how true it is yet you admittedly don't abide by it's teachings. Why not?.....if you believe in it's absolute truth then why not pattern your life around it? It just struck me as funny that you would feel so strongly about something and then just as quickly admit that it is right...but just not for me....and the sliced pussy comment at the end was just the ironic topping on the cake.
I know you are new here and with the brain versus brian comment I was just busting your balls. I'm not a basher but try and engage in intelligent dialogue....after all, I'm known as the Switzerland of HB.....:D

Tom Brown
05-09-2007, 01:03 PM
I'm not a basher but try and engage in intelligent dialogue....
I'd like to have some dinner, intelligent dialogue, and dancing with your avatar. Can you set it up?

RiverDave
05-09-2007, 01:04 PM
So, Hebrews are God's chosen people, but they aren't going to heaven? This is the main problem I have with organized religion.
Isn't it discriminatory and racist to have a chosen people?
I teed this one up for you Jesster! Perfect example of religion vs society.. and how times change?
RD

78Eliminator
05-09-2007, 01:05 PM
I guess I am going to have to break it to my Jewish girlfriend and my Jewish brother in law that they are both going to hell. :o :o

NashvilleBound
05-09-2007, 01:06 PM
There are many people in this world who are honest and truley caring, good people, who don't know about Christ or have different religious beliefs. And God says to hell with these people and accepts into heaven sinners (liars, cheaters, thieves etc.) who have asked for forgiveness.
In blunt terms, Heaven is for Christians only and to hell with everyone else. :confused: :confused: :confused:
Im most certainly not here to judge or make any rules but I can tell you that as far as Christianity goes it is for the believers in Christ and that is part of THIS faith. There are LOTS of religions all with thier own rules or guildlines. I beleive everyone will be exposed to Christ in one way or another...... and that they make their choice as they see fit. Some things in our lives do not make sense now and hopefully we will understand them when its time..... that is called Faith.

That Guy
05-09-2007, 01:08 PM
I'd like to have some dinner, intelligent dialogue, and dancing with your avatar. Can you set it up?
Consider it done Mr. B....shall we say the Vulva club at 8:00? :D :D

Tom Brown
05-09-2007, 01:09 PM
Consider it done Mr. B....shall we say the Vulva club at 8:00? :D :D
Amen! :cool:

78Eliminator
05-09-2007, 01:10 PM
I also heard that if you don't believe in santa, you won't get any toys. :(

Tom Brown
05-09-2007, 01:10 PM
I also heard that if you don't believe in santa, you won't get any toys. :(
In Santa we trust. :cool:

RiverDave
05-09-2007, 01:11 PM
Im most certainly not here to judge or make any rules but I can tell you that as far as Christianity goes it is for the believers in Christ and that is part of THIS faith. There are LOTS of religions all with thier own rules or guildlines. I beleive everyone will be exposed to Christ in one way or another...... and that they make their choice as they see fit. Some things in our lives do not make sense now and hopefully we will understand them when its time..... that is called Faith.
Oh c'mon now that's a bit outlandish. Your telling me that you believe everyone on the planet will be exposed to Christ in someway or another? What about the aboriginese people that speak like "tick toc toc toc moobo" that have been undisturbed for 1000's of years in the jungle? How are they going to get exposed and told about the pearly gates? Or how about the poor afghani kid? His exposure to Christ is pretty much "Kill the infadels that believe in him" his whole life.
On a side note (for everybody)..
How come the entire christian religion is derived from the middle east, yet off the top of my head I can't think of one region over there that is predominantly Christian?
RD

Tom Brown
05-09-2007, 01:13 PM
How come the entire christian religion is derived from the middle east, yet off the top of my head I can't think of one region over there that is predominantly Christian?
God invented irony, Dave.

Mrs. Bordsmnj
05-09-2007, 01:15 PM
Whats a zealot? :confused: :D
<----- Not the sharpest tool in the religion shed. ;)

78Eliminator
05-09-2007, 01:15 PM
RD
You mean christianity came from "the axis of evil"? Say it isn't so RD!!!!!!!!

78Eliminator
05-09-2007, 01:16 PM
I think they are characters in the game Starcraft.

RiverDave
05-09-2007, 01:18 PM
readers digest version is a "fanatic."
But the actual definition and history for ya becuase I love ya.
zeal·ot - Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[zel-uht] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation
–noun 1. a person who shows zeal.
2. an excessively zealous person; fanatic.
3. (initial capital letter) a member of a radical, warlike, ardently patriotic group of Jews in Judea, particularly prominent from a.d. 69 to 81, advocating the violent overthrow of Roman rule and vigorously resisting the efforts of the Romans and their supporters to heathenize the Jews.

Mrs. Bordsmnj
05-09-2007, 01:19 PM
readers digest version is a "fanatic."
But the actual definition and history for ya becuase I love ya.
zeal·ot - Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[zel-uht] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation
–noun 1. a person who shows zeal.
2. an excessively zealous person; fanatic.
3. (initial capital letter) a member of a radical, warlike, ardently patriotic group of Jews in Judea, particularly prominent from a.d. 69 to 81, advocating the violent overthrow of Roman rule and vigorously resisting the efforts of the Romans and their supporters to heathenize the Jews.
Thanks! ;)

ULTRA26 # 1
05-09-2007, 01:22 PM
I will continue to you repect your beliefs as religion is a very personal thing. If your faith is based on good and it brings you peace, then for you, it is proper. However, I will never accept a God that sentances everyone in the world to an eternity in hell except those who have accepted Christ as their Lord and Savior. God must be bigger and more forgiving than this, don't you think?

OutCole'd
05-09-2007, 01:23 PM
I'm going to Hell with RD, who's with me??

RiverDave
05-09-2007, 01:29 PM
I didn't want to come off as a Christian basher.. LOL Believe me I'm the farthest thing from it.
I just think following someone blindly (ANYONE), whether that be a priest, bishop, president, etc.. is always a bad idea. One should always take a look around and make sure it's on the up and up. Usually the only way to tell that though is from history, and as far as Christian history is concerned... Well things don't look to good for just about everybody with faith pre.. The last 100-150 years or so, by today's Christian standards anyways.
That's something I always kinda wondered.. If disemboweling someone was ok to make them repent back then... but not ok now? And our lifetime is literally not even the blink of an idea would you look at it from an eternity stand point.
Which set of rules do "ye" get judged by?
I mean by today's set.. If we took a sinner into the church and threw them on the rack to cleanse his soul, surely the pastor would say we are all going straight to hell. But 200 - 300 years ago? The pastor would be the guy cranking the handles?
Not to stir up controversy here but could someone ask a higher up at the church about that? God didn't change? Our society did, and with it so did religion? So have the criteria for getting into Heaven or rather out of hell (which is what most people are actually trying to do) changed as well?
RD

78Eliminator
05-09-2007, 01:30 PM
See you there. I heard Sinatra and the Rat Pack will be the entertainment.

Tom Brown
05-09-2007, 01:32 PM
I'll be the one playing the organ.

OutCole'd
05-09-2007, 01:35 PM
That's what is going to get you into hell. That and you will need glasses.

Ryphraph
05-09-2007, 02:03 PM
*I haven't read through this whole thread*
But isn't this just a fancy, $5 cup of coffee way of saying...
"God helps those who help themselves"
?
Ryph

RiverDave
05-09-2007, 02:18 PM
Figured we could lighten the mood in here a little with something relavent that was sent to me via PM. ;)
http://www.shoutfile.com/v/T7Yisf7j/South_Park_And_The_Correct_Religion_Is
RD

eliminatedsprinter
05-09-2007, 02:24 PM
*I haven't read through this whole thread*
But isn't this just a fancy, $5 cup of coffee way of saying...
"God helps those who help themselves"
?
Ryph
Could be read that way.
I understand some Athiests are upset as well, that Starbucks mentioned god on some of their cups.
I guess anyone who gets their inspiration off the writting on a coffee cup is equally able to get there shorts in a wad over what is written there as well.:)
It's not like Starbucks is the temple of Delphi or the ***boat forum etc..;)

Ryphraph
05-09-2007, 02:30 PM
It's a good thing that they have not yet pissed off the Pastafarians...
Ryph

PunkAssBitch
05-09-2007, 02:41 PM
It's a good thing that they have not yet pissed off the Pastafarians...
Ryph
Pastafarians? Can I be one of those? I like pasta!:D

Ryphraph
05-09-2007, 02:49 PM
Pastafarians? Can I be one of those? I like pasta!:D
If you like wearing pirate garb...
Ryph

house
05-09-2007, 02:58 PM
Fuk starbucks and god, god is for people that don't believe in themselves. Religionis a business so send me your money and i'll give you something to believe in you poor soul. hahahah
Are you for real?
Even if you are dumb enough to believe that statement, why would you say something like that on a public forum about other people's beliefs. Especially if that religion does ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to harm you.
IDIOT!

RiverDave
05-09-2007, 03:01 PM
Are you for real?
Even if you are dumb enough to believe that statement, why would you say something like that on a public forum about other people's beliefs. Especially if that religion does ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to harm you.
IDIOT!
Kinda contradicting yourself there aren't ya?
RD

prop check
05-09-2007, 03:08 PM
Starbucks has always used off the wall borderline ignorant sayings on the cups it is a crazy marketing thing that gets the normal people to talk about them during the day even when they are not drinking coffee. (good marketing, Bad morals.) How about the pro Homosexual one they had six months ago? All this coming from a company based in the state with the highest suicide rate in the nation......

78Eliminator
05-09-2007, 03:08 PM
Are you for real?
IDIOT!
Actually religion does harm you. Like when the religious fanatics get into the government and start taking steps backwards and start the wheels turning to make abortion illegal all over again. Talk about taking a major step backwards. But in the bible, women are property, so I guess a woman doesn't have the right to decide what's best for HER? Right?
Don't you ever say it does nothing to harm you. How about another great decision based on religion: "Lets make stem cell research illegal." Great focking idea. Guess the folks who voted for that have never watched anyone battle with cancer or polio or any of the many other debilitating and life threatening diseases. Worried more over a few cells than the people who are already here!!! I guess masturbation must be mass murder according to that logic..........
Saying religion does nothing to harm you is completely asinine........ It's terrifying to know that the folks who are supposed to be intelligent enough to run the country still believe in santa.

NashvilleBound
05-09-2007, 03:53 PM
As much as I feel like Im being dog piled here Im just sharing my beliefs.....like them or not.....respect them or not. I respect your not believing or beieving in another God....your gig. Im not a full blown know it all.....shoot, not even close. Fact is I almost got kicked outta Catholic school... then realized the Catholic religion, which was being shoved down my throat, was not for me. I wish I was more versed so I could answer allot of these questions accurately. I dont want to make something up.....or say something wrong(inaccurate). Just because you dont know about it doesnt make it bad or wrong. My 3 F's as I put them (Faith, Family, Friends) probably saved my life when I got into a bit of a tight spot a few years ago dealing with guns. Lets just say I would either be dead (at my own hand)or still serving the last of my 7-10 in Federal prison. It was a pretty good eye opener......I feel blessed everyday now living in paradise with my family at my side!

My Man's Sportin' Wood
05-09-2007, 04:19 PM
As much as I feel like Im being dog piled here Im just sharing my beliefs.....like them or not.....respect them or not. I respect your not believing or beieving in another God....your gig. Im not a full blown know it all.....shoot, not even close. Fact is I almost got kicked outta Catholic school... then realized the Catholic religion, which was being shoved down my throat, was not for me. I wish I was more versed so I could answer allot of these questions accurately. I dont want to make something up.....or say something wrong(inaccurate). Just because you dont know about it doesnt make it bad or wrong. My 3 F's as I put them (Faith, Family, Friends) probably saved my life when I got into a bit of a tight spot a few years ago dealing with guns. Lets just say I would either be dead (at my own hand)or still serving the last of my 7-10 in Federal prison. It was a pretty good eye opener......I feel blessed everyday now living in paradise with my family at my side!
Aww don't feel like you're under a dogpile. I just enjoy a good discussion with intelligent folks.

Trailer Park Casanova
05-09-2007, 04:22 PM
http://www.landoverbaptist.org/ps2side.jpg

That Guy
05-09-2007, 05:50 PM
Figured we could lighten the mood in here a little with something relavent that was sent to me via PM. ;)
http://www.shoutfile.com/v/T7Yisf7j/South_Park_And_The_Correct_Religion_Is
RD
That, RD was Funny!!!:D