PDA

View Full Version : Elsinore Saturday? Anybody Testing?

CampbellCarl
05-08-2007, 12:22 PM
Need to know where to launch for some testing. Finally got the new engine into the old Howard Day Cruiser that I bought from Squeezing Spectra last winter. Haven't been to Elsinore for years. Directions to launch from I-15? Could use a boat biotch if anybody's free Saturday am.
Thanx
CC

Mohave Vice
05-08-2007, 01:07 PM
I should be out there. Look us up!

Mohave Vice
05-08-2007, 01:08 PM
I should be out there. Look us up!

BoneDaddy
05-08-2007, 01:26 PM
This is the best launch I have found. Say "hi" to the grumpy old Captain for me. He is usually driving around the launch in his golf cart.:D
http://www.lakeelsinoremarina.com/html/how_to_get_here.html

dumbandyoung
05-08-2007, 01:36 PM
i will be out sat in the early am testing (before the seadoo get out.):D

Mrs. Bordsmnj
05-08-2007, 01:38 PM
This is the best launch I have found. Say "hi" to the grumpy old Captain for me. He is usually driving around the launch in his golf cart.:D
http://www.lakeelsinoremarina.com/html/how_to_get_here.html
That is Jim. And he is nice unless people are stupid on the launch ramp. :)

bordsmnj
05-08-2007, 03:32 PM
nah, the old grumpy guy has a beard and never says hi. just kinda grunts. Jim is cool.

BoneDaddy
05-08-2007, 04:56 PM
Yep, Jim is always cool when we are there. Captian is mostly grumpy (although he has talked to me a few times like an adult) and grunts often. If he doesn't feel like growling at you he sends Jim over. But I have to admit, if Captian was growling at me for something, it was because I wasn't following his instructions.:D

CampbellCarl
05-09-2007, 08:16 AM
Thanx all, will watch for Dennis and Mohave Vice! Hope my day doesn't go like Leadfoot Josh's did!
CC

BrianB
05-09-2007, 08:40 AM
Yep, Jim is always cool when we are there. Captian is mostly grumpy (although he has talked to me a few times like an adult) and grunts often. If he doesn't feel like growling at you he sends Jim over. But I have to admit, if Captian was growling at me for something, it was because I wasn't following his instructions.:D
Not to mention,he needs to install some overload springs on the drivers side of that poor golf cart:rolleyes:
Make sure you visit the floating chit houses
Good Luck

dumbandyoung
05-13-2007, 10:56 AM
Elsinore was great on Saturday. Calm water, and it was warm. I launched at about 9:30am. When i pulled out of there at around 11:30am it was starting to get crowded.
Whos Orange Howard was out there?? That thing was fockin fast!:eek:

shippingguy
05-13-2007, 12:15 PM
Elsinore was great on Saturday. Calm water, and it was warm. I launched at about 9:30am. When i pulled out of there at around 11:30am it was starting to get crowded.
Whos Orange Howard was out there?? That thing was fockin fast!:eek:
Saw you heading south on the 15. Congrats on the boat. I think the orange Howard is Gary Taylor's. I am not for sure though.
Mike

CampbellCarl
05-14-2007, 08:53 AM
Launched next to the new Howard, all I can say is WOW!
My day went better than LeadfootJosh's but not a lot better........backed the boat in, no battery (only two weeks old so I got a draw to locate), went to town for another new battery. Back to the launch ramp, backed down, now have a fuel leak at a fuel filter that I had installed a month ago, back to town for another new filter (only needed the 50 cent gasket but had to buy another $15.00 filter). Back to the ramp...all running good, parked the truck and out to the lake. Idled out thru the no wake zone, throttled up to 3500 rpm, all good, plenty of oil pressure, cool engine water....throttled up to 4000 rpm and engine quit like I turned off the key! More inspection, no spark! Towed back to ramp (looked real cool on the end of a tow rope? (NOT)!
At home, checking things out, seems like the MSD or the coil 'shit-the-bed'
Time for more diagnostics and more $$$$$.
Carl

dumbandyoung
05-14-2007, 09:25 AM
Saw you heading south on the 15. Congrats on the boat. I think the orange Howard is Gary Taylor's. I am not for sure though.
Mike
Next time honk and wave:D
Let me know next time your gonna be up at the river. We'll have to meet up!

shippingguy
05-14-2007, 04:45 PM
Next time honk and wave:D
Let me know next time your gonna be up at the river. We'll have to meet up!
I was on the other side of the freeway. I will be back out launching out of Jack Smith Memorial Weekend.

dumbandyoung
05-15-2007, 09:50 AM
I was on the other side of the freeway. I will be back out launching out of Jack Smith Memorial Weekend.
Cool. Lets meet up.. I'll be in Willow Thursday night.
Ill be back at Elsinore this Saturday in the early am? Anyone else gonna be there?