PDA

View Full Version : Who is watching the Suns Spurs game tonight?

Jyruiz
05-08-2007, 01:36 PM
I am hoping it is another good one like the 1st game.

AZJD
05-08-2007, 01:39 PM
It should be a good series. Too bad they couldn't stop the bleeding on Nash or they would have won that game.:D :D :D :D :D :D
Stir stir stir!
lol
Just giving back a dose of what we heard all year from /lakers fans.:D

Hopdaddie
05-08-2007, 01:41 PM
Another great series for sure!!! Suns will pull it off tonite

AZKC
05-08-2007, 01:50 PM
I'll be bouncing back and forth between the Suns game and the Dback's, while trying to get the stuff loaded for the Thursday trip.
And I forget who are the Lakers playing:devil:

Jyruiz
05-08-2007, 01:51 PM
AZJD,
You never heard it from me.
Hopdaddie,
I think the Suns pull this one out too. I just hope it is close and comes down to the last minute. I really like watching close games and see how each team reacts in the closing minutes.

Jyruiz
05-08-2007, 01:56 PM
Funny, I start this thread about the Suns Spurs, and some of you bring the Lakers into it. They are out of the playoffs, no more reason for you guys to hate.

havaduner
05-08-2007, 02:13 PM
Who are the Suns Spurs??
What's a Laker?
:D :D

AZKC
05-08-2007, 02:18 PM
Not Hatin just Gloating abit:D
If Nash's nose becomes a problem, its going to be a tough series.

460 jus getn it
05-08-2007, 02:20 PM
Going to be a good game, and a great series.

AirtimeLavey
05-08-2007, 02:23 PM
Geez, Suns are so fragile that a minor nose injury kept them from winning? :rolleyes:
Lakers would have dominated if their only problems were bumps on their noses. ;) :D
Tonight, should be another good game. I'm betting Phx. gets over on them, as much as I hate to encourage their knucklehead fans....:rolleyes: :D

eliminatedsprinter
05-08-2007, 02:31 PM
Geez, Suns are so fragile that a minor nose injury kept them from winning? :rolleyes:
Yes but that head butt was the best defensive play I've seen Nash Make. He actually stopped somebody...:D :D ;) I guess he wont be using the old "your shoe is untied" trick before he puts his head down and swipes at the ball, again.;)

Magic34
05-08-2007, 02:40 PM
I have nothing really to say, but with the Dallas upset, this is their year if they are going to do it.
They better get with it, if SA wins tonight, goodnight. They need to step it up and beat the hell outof them tonight to make that statement.
What pisses me off is Tony Parker says they dont guard him on the jump shot and he drains 30+ points. Let Duncan try and score 50 and guard Parker. Kepp Finley off the 3 line.

dmontzsta
05-08-2007, 02:45 PM
I will be checking in on it, to watch the spurs go up 2-0. :)

Jordy
05-08-2007, 02:50 PM
And your sports predictions are always right on the money... :notam: :D

Liberator TJ1984
05-08-2007, 02:52 PM
QUOTE :It should be a good series. Too bad they couldn't stop the bleeding on Nash or they would have won that game.
Stir stir stir!
And the Spurs win by a Nose !.....................again !
anybody wanna bet there's an imaginary set of CROSSHAIRS on Nash's nose tonight :devil:

AZKC
05-08-2007, 02:53 PM
Geez, Suns are so fragile that a minor nose injury kept them from winning?
Yes:( , he is the MVP after all:D

dmontzsta
05-08-2007, 02:54 PM
Funny, I start this thread about the Suns Spurs, and some of you bring the Lakers into it. They are out of the playoffs, no more reason for you guys to hate.
That just shows how much success the Lakers have had. Everyone hates on greatness. :)

Jordy
05-08-2007, 02:56 PM
That just shows how much success the Lakers have had. Everyone hates on greatness. :)
Yeah, so very successful and great. They playing again this week??? :notam: :idea:

Jyruiz
05-08-2007, 03:05 PM
Yeah, so very successful and great. They playing again this week??? :notam: :idea:
Looks like you have a hard on for Don.:D

Jordy
05-08-2007, 03:10 PM
Looks like you have a hard on for Don.:D
Not at all. I just really enjoy hearing about his sports predictions, like the Raiders winning the next Superbowl and the Lakers going all the way. :D :D :D

AzMandella
05-08-2007, 04:16 PM
Lakers would have dominated if their only problems were bumps on their noses. ;) :D
Tonight, should be another good game. I'm betting Phx. gets over on them, as much as I hate to encourage their knucklehead fans....:rolleyes: :D
Make up your mind.Did the Lakers not make it due to injuries or because the Lakers didn't have good enough players to support Kobe? Or is it whichever excuse works the best at the time?

AirtimeLavey
05-08-2007, 04:39 PM
Make up your mind.Did the Lakers not make it due to injuries or because the Lakers didn't have good enough players to support Kobe? Or is it whichever excuse works the best at the time?
Yes......:D
Ooookaaay, since you asked, I'll say it again, you can't ignore the injuries, especially after the way they played at the start of the season. That's obvious. If Mihm was in, he'd a made a difference, too Would it help to have better players around Kobe? Definitely. But, this team still could have gone farther with healthy players.
You say they didn't "make it", as in what......didn't win the championship, like the Suns still haven't? They made it to the playoffs. So the Suns have made it one round past, now all of a sudden they're a much better team? Nash gets a bump on the nose, and people say probably cost them the game. I guess you think having Nash out of the game trying to get the bleeding to stop had no impact on the game, right? YOU can't have it both ways!
Yes, they (Lakers) would have gone farther if they hadn't a been injury plagued from mid-season to the end. Sheesh, get off the excuses BS, it's reality. I'm done on the injuries, but it's rediculous to say injuries don't play a huge part of any sporting event.
After all that, I hope the Suns win in spite of their knucklehead Laker hater fans. :D :D

GAME TIME
05-08-2007, 05:05 PM
Nope, but the Suns will be joining the Lakers next week fishing. Suns SHOULD win the championship but will fall short. Just like their coach said, Suns have better talent but the Spurs have a better team. Way to go Suns. LOL, LOL.

Chico&Zeus
05-08-2007, 05:52 PM
They made it to the playoffs.
What, barely over .500 that's such a disgrace that a team that sucks that bad can compete with the elite in this league. A shame really:jawdrop:

Daddy_G
05-08-2007, 06:17 PM
Yes but that head butt was the best defensive play I've seen Nash Make. He actually stopped somebody...:D :D ;) I guess he wont be using the old "your shoe is untied" trick before he puts his head down and swipes at the ball, again.;)
I find it curious that no one mentions how that French pussy Parker hit the ground like the little bitch that he is while a real man extends his hand to help him up... Only to be "suddenly revived" and playing without a mark on him while the gentleman Nash hits the bench with a 6-stitch gash, begging to return.
I guess ol' Tony is getting more and more like his bimbo-fiancé, ACTOR!
BTW: I hate the freakin' Spurs!!!! :mad:

AirtimeLavey
05-08-2007, 06:25 PM
What, barely over .500 that's such a disgrace that a team that sucks that bad can compete with the elite in this league. A shame really:jawdrop:
That's a whole other deal there. So, I guess you hate the fact that G.S. took out the Mavs? Don't like to see an underdog come in, play their hearts out and upset things? That's the beauty of sports. That's entertainment. People love to watch the Lakers. Love them or hate them, they get attention and that's what makes the league survive. :D

AzMandella
05-08-2007, 08:42 PM
Yes......:D
Ooookaaay, since you asked, I'll say it again, you can't ignore the injuries, especially after the way they played at the start of the season. That's obvious. If Mihm was in, he'd a made a difference, too Would it help to have better players around Kobe? Definitely. But, this team still could have gone farther with healthy players.
You say they didn't "make it", as in what......didn't win the championship, like the Suns still haven't? They made it to the playoffs. So the Suns have made it one round past, now all of a sudden they're a much better team? Nash gets a bump on the nose, and people say probably cost them the game. I guess you think having Nash out of the game trying to get the bleeding to stop had no impact on the game, right? YOU can't have it both ways!
Yes, they (Lakers) would have gone farther if they hadn't a been injury plagued from mid-season to the end. Sheesh, get off the excuses BS, it's reality. I'm done on the injuries, but it's rediculous to say injuries don't play a huge part of any sporting event.
After all that, I hope the Suns win in spite of their knucklehead Laker hater fans. :D :D
Yes I meanpast the first round.And the Suns are a better team for their season record not the fact they knocked the Lakers out of the first round.Wether Nash's injury cost them the game is neither here nor there.They may have still lost if he were in.I'm not a Laker hater.But I don't like the arrogance of most Laker fans.They feel that since they have won so many championships they are the greatest.Well using that train of thought their still 7 champinships behind Boston.So even though they have sucked for years their still a greater team than L.A..And it's now 5 yrs since L.A. has won a championship.And as far as excuses go yes injuries have hampered the Lakers this year but at the end they were mostly healthy and Lakers fans were saying how they were going to walk over the Suns and as soon as the Suns bounced them all you hear is how they just didn't have good enough players to help KObe.Maybe Kobe needs to learn how to make the players around him better.Look at the stats in playoffs between Nash and Bryant.Kobe averages 5 pts a game more than Nash but Nash leads him in just about every other catagory,assists FT% 3pt%,steals,and so on.Kobe does very little to help the rest of the team score.

Jordy
05-08-2007, 09:04 PM
Good call DMexcuse!!! :D :D :D

BigDogIvan
05-08-2007, 09:10 PM
SPurs Who? :D

Daddy_G
05-08-2007, 09:16 PM
Suns by 20!?!?!
A good ol' fashion ass whoopin! :eek:
Just what we needed - now let's get one in Texas and win back home court.
Suns and Warriors in the Western finals? Would that rock or what??? :D

AirtimeLavey
05-08-2007, 09:38 PM
Yes I meanpast the first round.And the Suns are a better team for their season record not the fact they knocked the Lakers out of the first round.Wether Nash's injury cost them the game is neither here nor there.They may have still lost if he were in.I'm not a Laker hater.But I don't like the arrogance of most Laker fans.They feel that since they have won so many championships they are the greatest.Well using that train of thought their still 7 champinships behind Boston.So even though they have sucked for years their still a greater team than L.A..And it's now 5 yrs since L.A. has won a championship.And as far as excuses go yes injuries have hampered the Lakers this year but at the end they were mostly healthy and Lakers fans were saying how they were going to walk over the Suns and as soon as the Suns bounced them all you hear is how they just didn't have good enough players to help KObe.Maybe Kobe needs to learn how to make the players around him better.Look at the stats in playoffs between Nash and Bryant.Kobe averages 5 pts a game more than Nash but Nash leads him in just about every other catagory,assists FT% 3pt%,steals,and so on.Kobe does very little to help the rest of the team score.
First, great win for Phx. tonight. Second, I don't recall saying or reading that the Lakers would walk over the Suns. Not many were thinking the Lakers would win it all, either. We were looking for improvement from last season, and for reasons previously stated, we didn't get that in the end. I like Nash, so I won't try to defend Kobe v. Nash. Nash has the confidence in his teammates, Kobe didn't. That's a big issue for Lakers to address. Nash and Kobe also play in two vastly different systems.
Geez, I hate to say anything more about the injuries but you said they were mostly healthy. I disagree. Lamar was still significantly slowed, as was Evans, Walton and Kwame. Then, we were still w/o Mihm or Radmanovic. We had no excuse at the 1 spot where Parker was concerned, but Farmar played damn well for a rook, and Shammond did ok, too. Phx.has all their players back, fully. Watch how far they'll go w/healthy players. Are you going to say that having A.S. back healthy isn't making the team different from last year? I think it has made a huge dif., and they have a real shot this year.

GAME TIME
05-08-2007, 10:04 PM
Wrong. Lakers have won 14 championships, Celtics 16 (last one '86). Oh and the Suns....0!

BigDogIvan
05-08-2007, 10:19 PM
And where are the Lakers and the Celtics at this point? :idea:

acatitude
05-08-2007, 10:47 PM
damn lets get over the laker excuses they are out good bye and read about kobe whining that management better do something lol.. what a crybaby. good to see the suns win, I wasnt sure they could stay with the spurs. hopefully this will be a good series .. go suns
oh and like I said in another thread who ccares how many you won in the past. the best franchise right now is the spurs they are competitive every year and have I thin 3 titles in last 8 years.. yes so do the lakers but none since shack left.. like I said maybe they traded the wrong guy lol

AzMandella
05-09-2007, 07:38 AM
Wrong. Lakers have won 14 championships, Celtics 16 (last one '86). Oh and the Suns....0!
Well according to NBA.com going back to 1946 the Lakers have won 9 championships going back to 1946.

AZJD
05-09-2007, 07:52 AM
I will say this. I would take Manu Ginobli on my team any day!
That guy got taken out of the starting role this season, yet still comes off the bench and plays his heart out with none of the over dramatics!
Solid player!

AZJD
05-09-2007, 07:55 AM
Well according to NBA.com going back to 1946 the Lakers have won 9 championships going back to 1946.
They won 3 or 4 with Shaq and Kobe, atleast 4 with Magic Johnson and I know they have won more than 1 with other teams like Wilt, etc.....
I would have to say 14 sounds right.

460 jus getn it
05-09-2007, 08:09 AM
Starting thomas last night paid off.
The anouncer hit the nail on the head. If one was to look at the box score they would see 10 points 2 rebounds, and well maybe he played ok. But the box score doesnt show the hassell he gave duncan and how he threw him off his game. Duncan is still going to get his, but if you throw him off kilter a bit it affects there hole offense. Marion gaurding parker paid off too. If the suns stick to there game plan and play like they have and can, i see them going to the finals.

Tequila-John
05-09-2007, 08:11 AM
Go Suns

Jyruiz
05-09-2007, 08:34 AM
Well, since the haters and the Laker fans have hijacked this thread, (all because the Suns fans just can't seem to leave the Lakers alone) I guess I will join in.
The Lakers as a franchise have won 14 Championships, 6 as the Minneapolis Lakers and 9 as the Los Angeles Lakers.

Jordy
05-09-2007, 08:39 AM
The Lakers as a franchise have won 14 Championships, 6 as the Minneapolis Lakers and 9 as the Los Angeles Lakers.
Nice job on the investigation, but last time I checked 9+6=15. ;)
Minneapolis Lakers huh? Talking about recent history I see... :D

Jyruiz
05-09-2007, 08:58 AM
Nice job on the investigation, but last time I checked 9+6=15. ;)
Minneapolis Lakers huh? Talking about recent history I see... :D
If you want to get technical, then the reason it is 14 is because one championship was from the BAA (BASKETBALL ASSOCIATION OF AMERICA LEAGUE) league and the NBA doesn't really recognize that one. Next time, I will explain it better, so people like you who only like to start shit, can understand.

dmontzsta
05-09-2007, 09:02 AM
On to some Laker news, since this seems to be a Laker thread now.
Jerry Buss is expected to officially announce that he is handing the team over to his younger (bigger risk taker) son Jim Buss.
Smush Parker has been released from the Lakers and they thanked him for his services.
The Lakers have made it clear they are in search of a veteran point guard and intend to sign one.
The Lakers have also said they are looking for a veteran (big) forward or center. Maurice Evans (KG's Best Friend) has come out in the media and said that KG told him he wants out of Minnesota and Maurice Evans wants him on the Lakers.
The offseason is already looking like a shake up! :)

Jordy
05-09-2007, 09:05 AM
Next time, I will explain it better, so people like you who only like to start shit, can understand.
Not starting shit, just trying to figure out how you added 9 and 6 and got 14... :notam: :D

Jyruiz
05-09-2007, 09:11 AM
Jerry Buss is expected to officially announce that he is handing the team over to his younger (bigger risk taker) son Jim Buss.
Smush Parker has been released from the Lakers and they thanked him for his services.
The Lakers have made it clear they are in search of a veteran point guard and intend to sign one.
The Lakers have also said they are looking for a veteran (big) forward or center. Maurice Evans (KG's Best Friend) has come out in the media and said that KG told him he wants out of Minnesota and Maurice Evans wants him on the Lakers.
The Lakers are focked.

Jyruiz
05-09-2007, 09:14 AM
Not starting shit, just trying to figure out how you added 9 and 6 and got 14... :notam: :D
Yup, guess I should have explained that better for the non NBA fans.

Jordy
05-09-2007, 09:17 AM
Yup, guess I should have explained that better for the non NBA fans.
What about the ones that don't really care, but think it's pretty sad when the current fans have to live in the past and hang on to a little better than .500 season??? "Well, you know, 742 years ago, we were the undefeated world champions of the Bedrock Teradactyl Basketball League." Sound like a bunch of old folks sitting around the home, waiting for the Reaper to show up, talking about how great they were once upon a time... Live in the now. :D :D :D
The older I get, the better I was... ;)

Bow Tie Omega
05-09-2007, 09:20 AM
I find it curious that no one mentions how that French pussy Parker hit the ground like the little bitch that he is while a real man extends his hand to help him up... Only to be "suddenly revived" and playing without a mark on him while the gentleman Nash hits the bench with a 6-stitch gash, begging to return.
Have you ever even seen the stitches of a plastic surgeon. They fit 6 stitches where general surgeons fit two. The "gash" was a little larger than a poke, he should have been trying to get out there, it was nothing. I swear, Suns fans would have you think that gash was made by a 12" blade and his nose was hanging on by a thread just because he had a little blood. Boxers bleed worse after being hit in the nose. All though, the blood did help his mutant looking face...... The Suns fans should enjoy it while they can, god knows they act like their team has won 11 championships, and everyone else knows they have not won a single one in the modern era. Mark my words, 2 years from now, the earth will be back on its axis again and along with it, the Suns will return to mediocrity where they belong:eek: :D
I root for the team playing against the Suns when the Lakers are not winning back to back to back championships

Jyruiz
05-09-2007, 09:24 AM
What about the ones that don't really care, but think it's pretty sad when the current fans have to live in the past and hang on to a little better than .500 season??? "Well, you know, 742 years ago, we were the undefeated world champions of the Bedrock Teradactyl Basketball League." Sound like a bunch of old folks sitting around the home, waiting for the Reaper to show up, talking about how great they were once upon a time... Live in the now. :D :D :D
I can't speak for them, I was just stating the actual championships the Lakers have since there was some confusion. Every team goes thru rebuilding years, no one team can stay on top for ever, some people realize that and some don't. If you want to know why they live in the past, then ask them.

eliminatedsprinter
05-09-2007, 10:35 AM
What do you expect he's French.;)

AirtimeLavey
05-09-2007, 11:33 AM
Lmao....even though it's haterade, that's funny right there. :D
Otherwise, you guys throwing out the winning % for the season, so you're saying that's how you remember teams, not by their championships? I'm impressed. While I could tell you how many and when teams won championships, I don't really remember their records. Good job for tracking that all this time. And for you Shaq lovers, he was ALWAYS talking about showing up when it mattered (in the playoffs). :idea:
It's tough being a hater I guess, all the contradictions you have to throw out just to try an make a point. :D

AirtimeLavey
05-09-2007, 11:37 AM
The offseason's definitely going to be interesting. It's a long time 'til Oct. :cry: :D
The Lakers are focked.
No likey Jim Buss? It's a little concerning. :squiggle: :D

Jyruiz
05-09-2007, 11:41 AM
No likey Jim Buss? It's a little concerning. :squiggle: :D
One year of hanging with Mitch and now he is ready to take over? :rolleyes: I would be worried if I was a Laker fan, which I am.

eliminatedsprinter
05-09-2007, 12:37 PM
The Lakers have had their eye on KG for a while. He would be perfect for them (as he would be for any tream :D ).
BTW does anyone remember if the Suns are still playing???;) They were my second favorite team when they had Connie Hawkins.. Do they still have Kevin Johnson at the point? Or some other guy??;) ;)
Who does that Reaper guy play for and why are all of us, who arn't still wet behind the ears, when it comes to sports, waiting for him to come??:)

Wild Horses
05-09-2007, 01:14 PM
Suns by 20!?!?!
A good ol' fashion ass whoopin! :eek:
Just what we needed - now let's get one in Texas and win back home court.
No!:mad: :mad: I am still cheering for my Jazz!:D :D
Runnin' Wild

eliminatedsprinter
05-09-2007, 03:37 PM
Yep, it might be almost as good as the Mt Sac Relays..:D ;)