PDA

View Full Version : So which cell phone company sucks the least?

YeLLowBoaT
05-08-2007, 07:22 PM
I hate to do it, but its time to get another cell. THe way my biz is heading towards more comm'l work I am starting to need one again.

RaceFace
05-08-2007, 07:34 PM
Well I switched from Cingular to Verizon about a year ago because Cingular didnt work all the way out the I40, I10, Desert Center or Needles. It never worked in Needles around Moabi.....had to drive miles up the river to get it to work. It works everywhere I need it now....Glamis, Needles, and Havi. Just my .02¢.

XtrmWakeborder
05-08-2007, 07:36 PM
I've had cingular and sprint. Sprint has been much better.

MRS FLYIN VEE
05-08-2007, 07:39 PM
which co. works in Parker..:D :D :D

YeLLowBoaT
05-08-2007, 07:45 PM
Well I switched from Cingular to Verizon about a year ago because Cingular didnt work all the way out the I40, I10, Desert Center or Needles. It never worked in Needles around Moabi.....had to drive miles up the river to get it to work. It works everywhere I need it now....Glamis, Needles, and Havi. Just my .02¢.
I need a company that works in sacramento, the foot hills and the bay area.

RVRGIRL
05-08-2007, 08:00 PM
I have sprint and it works "most of the time" in Parker.:rolleyes:

MRS FLYIN VEE
05-08-2007, 08:01 PM
I have sprint and it works "most of the time" in Parker.:rolleyes:
:jawdrop: I can't get anything to work at RD's.. :jawdrop: I have to walk to the corner.:D

BadKachina
05-08-2007, 08:02 PM
I've had Altell (Celular One) for about 12 years. The service and coverage has always been excellent. They aren't the cheapest though........

sleekcraft80
05-08-2007, 08:04 PM
I have verizon and it seems to work just about everywhere, BUT, my verizon air card for my laptop does not work in Havasu, Fort Mohave or Bullhead City.

pw_Tony
05-08-2007, 11:24 PM
Good luck with that. My Verizon gets service from bullhead to needles, and in havasu. And that's it

Hal
05-09-2007, 02:21 AM
Verizon...

riverbound
05-09-2007, 04:18 AM
:jawdrop: I can't get anything to work at RD's.. :jawdrop: I have to walk to the corner.:D
Nothing works at RDs....but my verizon phone works in front of JPs house.

RitcheyRch
05-09-2007, 04:45 AM
Have Sprint and noticed there a no signal zone between Parker and Havasu.

parker guy
05-09-2007, 05:41 AM
I have had them all, Verizion is far the best.Lease amount dropped calls works 99% of the time no matter were I'm at.

Baja Big Dog
05-09-2007, 09:21 AM
Verizon by far the best,but.....but Race, did you get Verizon to work in the park at Moabi, or on the river??? We cant get Verizon to work when inside the park unless you drive up to the freeway.:confused:

Old school Ultra
05-09-2007, 09:33 AM
I had Nextel and now have Verizon, It's OK....

dumbandyoung
05-09-2007, 09:38 AM
I have Verizon, The only places I haven't gotten service is at the Avi and at the top of La Verne. Not as cheap as some other companies. Customer service is great...Im willing to pay a little extra for that.

little rowe boat
05-09-2007, 10:19 AM
I have cingular, because it works great in Havasu.

RaceFace
05-09-2007, 10:23 AM
Verizon by far the best,but.....but Race, did you get Verizon to work in the park at Moabi, or on the river??? We cant get Verizon to work when inside the park unless you drive up to the freeway.:confused:
On the river....and standing in the back of my truck at any of the sites on the river. If I stand on the Warrior, it gets even better....but its too hot to sit on top of a 40' Weekend Warrior just to talk on the phone! LOL!!!

RiverDave
05-09-2007, 12:10 PM
I think Verizon has the best coverage of them all.. Cingular sucks ass in North County incidentally.
RD

PBOCOP
05-09-2007, 12:32 PM
Verizon is great but Havasu sucks for everything.
Phones seem to work here and there but you are always on extended network, so you can't get an aircard to work or any type of internet on your phone either. Text works on and off.
You would think that with all the travelers in Havasu, they would at least get good cell phone coverage.
Wife has Cingular AT&T, I have Verizon. No problems anywhere else with either one.
Nextel sucks !!
PBO

PBOCOP
05-09-2007, 12:32 PM
Verizon is great but Havasu sucks for everything.
Phones seem to work here and there but you are always on extended network, so you can't get an aircard to work or any type of internet on your phone either. Text works on and off.
You would think that with all the travelers in Havasu, they would at least get good cell phone coverage.
Wife has Cingular AT&T, I have Verizon. No problems anywhere else with either one.
Nextel sucks !!
PBO

TahitiTiger
05-09-2007, 01:01 PM
I had sprint, and when I left the Bay Area it sucked in the Salinas Valley. I switched to T-mobile 5 favs plan. Love it, get reception all over the place, including my local lakes. Plus I get no roaming charges. A friend of mine is on Verizon, she has no problems at the lake either, I think I liked T-mobiles plans better though. That and T-mobile comped my early termination fee :D.

FOREVER2DOXIES
05-09-2007, 01:33 PM
sprint by far sucks the least....or at least where i am. if i can get service over seas without a problem, then it is all good!! :D

MRS FLYIN VEE
05-09-2007, 01:35 PM
Nothing works at RDs....but my verizon phone works in front of JPs house.
LOL!! I can walk 1/2 way to JP's and it kind of works. ( Cingular)
their add is bologna.. Can you here me know.. Fock no..:D :D