PDA

View Full Version : Sad Day At Lake Smell-some-more

LEADFOOTjosh
05-08-2007, 09:22 PM
Well took the Day Cruiser out for a shake down cruise before heading to the river for mothers day.. All seemed like it was going well.. let the boat idle on the trailer in the water for about ten mins.. setting the timing and checking for leaks. Since I just went throught the valve train.. well no leaks.. boat sounds good.. made my way out of the channel to the lake.. gave the boat some gas.. got it up on plane.. and ran it for about three mins.. boat lost some RPM.. and then.. BOOM!!!!! boat cracked the block on one side and shot some thing out the other side throught the oil pan.. Just got it home.. Cleaned up the oilly mess and parked it back in the drive way..
So.. anybody got a used 460 BIG BLOCK FORD long or short block for sale...
call me 951-347-9840 josh

MRS FLYIN VEE
05-08-2007, 09:31 PM
Well took the Day Cruiser out for a shake down cruise before heading to the river for mothers day.. All seemed like it was going well.. let the boat idle on the trailer in the water for about ten mins.. setting the timing and checking for leaks. Since I just went throught the valve train.. well no leaks.. boat sounds good.. made my way out of the channel to the lake.. gave the boat some gas.. got it up on plane.. and ran it for about three mins.. boat lost some RPM.. and then.. BOOM!!!!! boat cracked the block on one side and shot some thing out the other side throught the oil pan.. Just got it home.. Cleaned up the oilly mess and parked it back in the drive way..
So.. anybody got a used 460 BIG BLOCK FORD long or short block for sale...
call me 951-347-9840 josh
damn!! that is not good.. Glad nothin shot your way, no fire and you are safe.:)

Jyruiz
05-08-2007, 09:33 PM
Wow, that sucks, better to happen hear than out in Havi though. I hope you find another motor.

AZKC
05-08-2007, 09:51 PM
Been there done that:mad: Move on and get er done;)

HM
05-08-2007, 09:59 PM
I have had my share of melt downs on Elsinore, including one nuclear detonation of my blown sbc that only had the blower and the cam gear drive survive. My oil pan looked like it was shot with a 50 caliber from the inside out...and it shot oil all over my back (don't get excited Mike) after it let go like a canon! The funny part was I was racing another boat that topped out at about 75 MPH. I waved good bye, pegged the tach, and about 5 seconds later...kaboom. The other boat waved to me as they passed...and we were the only two boats on the lake!:mad:

lewiville
05-08-2007, 10:06 PM
mearly a flesh wound

05-08-2007, 10:49 PM
Sorry to hear, bad way to start the season. I'll be shaking it down there tomorrow.
I have no Ford parts, only bowtie!

JetBoatRich
05-09-2007, 04:04 AM
Sucks to hear:mad: it is still early and you could be good to go in time for summer:D

RitcheyRch
05-09-2007, 04:51 AM
Thats sucks. But as others have said, better to have it break now than on the river after making that drive.

Trailer Park Casanova
05-09-2007, 04:56 AM
Sorry to read it.
My girls won't swim or wakeboard in Elsinore.
They're afraid something creepy will crawl up their coinslots.
FYI:
The Ford Industrial 460 and the Ford Marine 460 are the same beast.

LEADFOOTjosh
05-09-2007, 12:57 PM
Sorry to read it.
They're aftraid something creepy will crawl up their coinslots.
FYI:
thanks for the heads up

LAFD
05-09-2007, 01:04 PM
check in the spam section think there is some very decent priced motors in there.

Baja Big Dog
05-09-2007, 01:06 PM
Hell,..its a ford, Id patch the hole (a litttle JB weld:D ) and throw in some more oil and you should be good to go....:)

thmper321
05-09-2007, 01:14 PM
Fords are notorious for having rod failures. I had the same thing happen to me in the tow car on the way to Elsinore a few years ago. I use aftermarket rods from now on. I know a guy that has tons of big block Ford motor parts. He can build the motor to any spec you want. PM me if you are interested.

LGCDEVIL
05-09-2007, 01:56 PM
If you don't want to F up your weekend, call Wayne's Engine in Riverside. Toss in an $800 short block and run it. It'll last long enough to get a real motor built.

seanv
05-09-2007, 02:18 PM
i had to scoop up that lil ditty for my sig casanova :D :D

mobldj
05-09-2007, 02:49 PM
maybe someting got plugged up with al-gee or dead fishys

Daytona100
05-09-2007, 04:45 PM
Been there done that. Split a block in half and left about 10 quarts of synthetic in the mudhole. Bad day fo show!!!!:D

LEADFOOTjosh
05-09-2007, 05:42 PM
thanks.. Ill call them in the morning.. :)

Ken F
05-09-2007, 06:31 PM
Fords are notorious for having rod failures. I had the same thing happen to me in the tow car on the way to Elsinore a few years ago.
What have you been huffin?

Summer LuvN
05-09-2007, 08:16 PM
Sorry to read it.
They're afraid something creepy will crawl up their coinslots.
FYI:
Coinslots??? ROFLMAO, never heard that one before.....

Phat Daddy
05-09-2007, 08:21 PM
I was also there yesterday about the same time you were. I too was testing my boat. I think I was the last one off the water at the Marina. Maybe you launched at a different site. I only seen one other boat on the water at the time. Hope you get things worked out.

LEADFOOTjosh
05-10-2007, 05:19 AM
I was also there yesterday about the same time you were. I too was testing my boat. I think I was the last one off the water at the Marina. Maybe you launched at a different site. I only seen one other boat on the water at the time. Hope you get things worked out.
we got on the water about five o'clock in the afternoon.. off the water about six ..