PDA

View Full Version : Is Smokin Lowrider OK?

eliminatedsprinter
05-09-2007, 07:19 AM
Anyone know if Smokin Lowrider SS is ok?? He hasn't been on the forum since early sun am and he usually posts many times a day. His profile location puts him in central Kansas..

bigq
05-09-2007, 07:56 AM
Hopefullly he is ok and just helping out:(
Political forum sucks without him:D

AZJD
05-09-2007, 08:33 AM
It says he's an air national guardsmen. Hopefully he just got called up.

ULTRA26 # 1
05-09-2007, 10:36 AM
That would be great news. I know that everyone is hoping he and his family are OK.

soupersonic
05-09-2007, 06:53 PM
That would be great news. I know that everyone is hoping he and his family are OK.
Its nice to know that eevn that you two dont see eye to eye, you dont take it personal and still care about the guys well being.

ECeptor
05-09-2007, 07:15 PM
He lives north of Wichita, I think, closer to Eldorado where he boats all the time. The town that got hit by the F5 is Greensburg and is a good 50 miles west of Wichita. So, I'm about 99.99% sure he wasn't effected by the bad weather we've been having.
I haven't been to Eldorado yet this year, but will look for him and report back if I see him.

SmokinLowriderSS
05-09-2007, 08:28 PM
My phone rang at about 3:30 AM Sat morning.
Greensburg Kansas, small farmtown, home to about 1500 people, about 95% ERASED from the face of the world, and, somehow, only 9 human deaths confirmed, so far. Some spots, nothing but a cement slab remain, or a hole that used to be a basement, partly filled with debris.
Combine headers from the destroyed implement dealer in a pond a half-mile from the dealership.
Every business in town destroyed but the tire shop, the bar (being uised as the mortuary now), and 1 antique shop.
Every governmental building destroyed except the DOT storage area and the heavilly damaged county courthouse.
EF-5, on the Enhanced Fujita scale of tornado power, as big as they get, at one point, 1.7 miles wide, ON THE GROUND.
It ate a path about 1 mile wide through the centger of Greensburg, leaving a few buildings on 2 corner's pretty unscathed, the golf course, and the airport.
Just been working 17 hrs a day in Greensburg, including GI bus travel from 0530 to 2230 hrs, having 4 hrs available at home for a shower and sleep, so 0 for internet.
Thx for the concern folks, but the people of Greensburg need your concern far more than I do.
I'm wiped completely out, but 8 hrs unconcious will cure that.
Greensburg will take more, a LOT more, and not a soul is whining that FEMA isn't doing enough. There's midwestern self-sufficiency.
One of the 3 wiped-out churches held a chilli feed in it's parking lot this afternoon.

IMPATIENT 1
05-09-2007, 08:35 PM
good to hear you and your peeps are ok arron, rob called your place tonite to check on ya, we were worried about ya too over on the taylor site.
hank w. quote :country folks can survive!!

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
05-10-2007, 06:49 AM
My phone rang at about 3:30 AM Sat morning.
Greensburg Kansas, small farmtown, home to about 1500 people, about 95% ERASED from the face of the world, and, somehow, only 9 human deaths confirmed, so far. Some spots, nothing but a cement slab remain, or a hole that used to be a basement, partly filled with debris.
Combine headers from the destroyed implement dealer in a pond a half-mile from the dealership.
Every business in town destroyed but the tire shop, the bar (being uised as the mortuary now), and 1 antique shop.
Every governmental building destroyed except the DOT storage area and the heavilly damaged county courthouse.
EF-5, on the Enhanced Fujita scale of tornado power, as big as they get, at one point, 1.7 miles wide, ON THE GROUND.
It ate a path about 1 mile wide through the centger of Greensburg, leaving a few buildings on 2 corner's pretty unscathed, the golf course, and the airport.
Just been working 17 hrs a day in Greensburg, including GI bus travel from 0530 to 2230 hrs, having 4 hrs available at home for a shower and sleep, so 0 for internet.
Thx for the concern folks, but the people of Greensburg need your concern far more than I do.
I'm wiped completely out, but 8 hrs unconcious will cure that.
Greensburg will take more, a LOT more, and not a soul is whining that FEMA isn't doing enough. There's midwestern self-sufficiency.
One of the 3 wiped-out churches held a chilli feed in it's parking lot this afternoon.
Glad to hear that your ok "Double A Ron" Keep us updated brotha;)
_Spitter
Oh and tell that sum biotch Jane to show his boat :D

eliminatedsprinter
05-10-2007, 08:02 AM
Smokin
Glad to hear you are OK.:D
Keep up that good work.:D
I have lived through and lost my home in a natural disaster in the past and I can tell you, that what you are doing is much appreciated.

Bow Tie Omega
05-10-2007, 10:29 AM
Glad you are OK Smokin. Hang in there and know that others are thinking of you and all of the others involved in their prayers.