PDA

View Full Version : We Need Help Nostalgia Style!!!!!!!

CircleJerk
07-23-2002, 09:44 PM
Is there any one in the Washington area who would like to help crew with some of the new Nostalgia Circle racers? We need flat bottom fans and former race officials or just plain interested bodies to help our growing organization. I would like to correspond with anyone capable of announcing the flat races. A sense of humor would be nice but more important: a love and knowledge of our oldies. How about it Riptide? Superlite? We also need launch helpers and tech folks too. Sorry Rip, Ive been too busy to call at a reasonable hour. Jerkster........

Riptide01
07-23-2002, 10:26 PM
YES, I would love to help out.
Announce? We will have to see about that one.
There is a friend of Superlites that has a new Casale V-drive just sitting on the garage floor.
The guy that had the Cheyenne hydro for sale at the first race.
Or have you called Pete in Port Angeles?
Where is Lake Elma? Do you have directions?
I haven't heard of that one.
See ya, Jeff

boatguy222
07-24-2002, 01:24 PM
CJ,
You said that you are down to one boat for the rest of the season, Why would you need help? After all, you crewed two boats and drove one of them, AND were the main man in the Flatbottom pits, for two races. And both races went great!!
I didn't see you even have a cape with the big "S" on it!!
I am Sorry I be at the next race At Entiac, But I am planing on being at Moses Lake, For the Record Course.
Thanks
PS-222

CircleJerk
07-24-2002, 06:54 PM
RT: Elma lake is near Olympia and we have been asked not to show up. Seems the private lake owners dont want to open any inboard doors to their personal race site, so I've been told. That's OK, since not many of us wanted to drive that far for an untested and unknown site. However, Entiat Wa. is another matter. Double points will be awarded so all those who DNFed at Banks will be there. Also word has come from Portland of two or more boats coming including Gentleman George. My casale may be welded if I can find time between race promotion and work! If not I will try to announce until we fill that position. Problem being the low pay wont buy us a professional DJ. Lost your phone number,sorry. Jerkster...Entiat is just above Wenachee..great park with camping but no pets. We could have 16 racers.

CircleJerk
07-24-2002, 06:58 PM
BoatGuy: you are just the silliest man alive!!!!!! And handsome too!! eek! CircleJerk

boatguy222
07-24-2002, 09:58 PM
CJ,
You need to have your glasses checked!!!
Boatguy222

Riptide01
07-24-2002, 10:18 PM
Jerkster,
I know all to well where Entiat is. My girlfriend use to live there.
To bad about Elma. Any thought about another lake on this side.
Maybe Sammamish or Washington?
I will e-mail my number to you. As I have made so many friends on the forum lately.
See ya, Jeff

CircleJerk
07-25-2002, 09:26 PM
RipT: Great, I may announce next weekend so my wife needs help launching if interested. My phone service has been reduced to 0 lately since so many calls are coming in from all over the US,consequently I seldom get to talk to anyone i want to. You could wear a name tag at Entiat or just walk up to the red and white SK87 and start wrenching.
I hear there are closed doors meetings discussing the possibility of a race at one of those lakes in the near future. One obstacle is the 200 entry fee that APBA wants to charge us when we are used to $40 for the weekend. That's 10 bucks per 3mile heat!! Also some of our slower boats are not required a whirlaway with the AOF due to their 60 mph speed. When and if these problems can be resolved we will put a dozen flats in Seattle water. We are working on a points system that would pay ones travel expenses to a race such as this! The club already does this for the hydros to travel to Illinois. Finally, I have a contact for more 266 hydros to join us. Entiat should have an inboard hydro exhibition during break. Jerkster..haulingglass next weekend Aug3-4

Riptide01
07-25-2002, 10:26 PM
CJ,
We discussed it and we are going to Entiat.
I will find you guys and would love to help out.
Whew, I can relax again. I thought you would make me announce.
What is the time schedule for the weekend?
Ripin good times, Jeff

blondie#1
07-26-2002, 10:44 AM
Riptide, The schedule for the Entiat race is Saturday 9:30am drivers meeting, 10:30am all boats get to test, 12:00 noon racing starts. Same for Sunday. You don't know me, but you will. I'm CircleJerks wife and I'll be driving the red & white SK 87. See you their and thanks for any help you can give us. It is greatly appreciated.
Robin

Riptide01
07-26-2002, 07:47 PM
Hi Robin ,
Thanks for the info.
I will be looking forward to meeting the two of you. Lets win a race....
[ July 26, 2002, 08:48 PM: Message edited by: Riptide01 ]

CircleJerk
07-27-2002, 07:35 AM
Riptide: News from Entiat is not good. It seems the level of the lake or river is not controlled by the city and it rises and falls every day. It seems our government controls the power output now. This has made a milfoil weed problem that would effect the hydros but not us. We will race I am told. I expect a full field of flats maybe over 14 since the double points has changed the minds of some drag racers{ Moses Lake Drags is the same weekend } The Portland group are making the trek with 2 or more. Ever hear of the circle boat named 'Tequila Sunrise'? its a Barron Sprint with K or SS fame from the northwest that should be there with Paolo power. Also Fred Wickens #l flat will be there crewed by SS700's former driver Brian Hand!!! This old 1965 is rocking with John Lingenfelter power and a rookie driver!! Also rumor has it that a sleekcraft tunnel hull will return! How about co-announcing? We could entertain a small crowd dont you think? Jerkster...no arguments now!!Rip just call me Jerk

blondie#1
07-28-2002, 08:40 AM
Hey Ripetide and CircleJerk! Let me know if this comes thru. I got the scanner working, now it's just seeing if I can send a picture of my boat (red & white Lavey) and the Fred Wickens boat that had never seen water until 2 weeks ago.
Robin PS Sorry! I still don't have enough hard drive space to send it yet. But, at least I can send it to the printer. You know these people with their challenging toys (computer or boats).