PDA

View Full Version : Breaking news............i just heard

BigDoug
05-09-2007, 04:25 PM
Site 6 here in Havasu is suppose to be closing down due to a sale to Holiday Inn and only their guest can use this launch ramp..........The Holiday Inn will be built close to site 6 at the end of the island ......a city official told this to my friend today down at site 6 .........................i hope this is just a rumor and not facts. :mad: if you know any different ?...post up please
Where else would the h/b crew hang out at on saturday evenings ?

MR HARLEY
05-09-2007, 04:27 PM
Last weekend was fun. :D

Magic34
05-09-2007, 04:27 PM
Forget the Saturday nights, added traffic to Windsor is just what they needed.

VEGASBABY
05-09-2007, 04:29 PM
Crap I'm going to have to get my ass out there soon and experience what everyone has been talking about! Ive been heckeled but never the heckeler:D

squirt'nmyload
05-09-2007, 04:32 PM
Last weekend was fun. :D
pics please :D ....i hope to make it down there for the festivities when we are in town the first weekend in june :D

phebus
05-09-2007, 04:42 PM
The site 6 crew could just go to the hospital and wait for someone maimed or disfigured in a terrible accident to show up. Makes about as much sense as waiting at the launch ramp for someone to get injured or destroy their property. Sick fockers.

Rvr Swpr
05-09-2007, 04:51 PM
The site 6 crew could just go to the hospital and wait for someone maimed or disfigured in a terrible accident to show up. Makes about as much sense as waiting at the launch ramp for someone to get injured or destroy their property. Sick fockers.
Finally someone said this. good post.

2Driver
05-09-2007, 05:25 PM
Mudshark beach
McCulloch Factory
Self guided tour of the inside of Parker dam
Entact English village
Island airport
No wake bouys 100 yards off the Marina
Site Six
Well at least the bridge is still there. :rolleyes:

sleekcraft80
05-09-2007, 05:26 PM
I thought Site 6 still belonged to the government

JB in so cal
05-09-2007, 05:28 PM
Anybody wanna guess why the area is called site 6? No googling, cheaters!

2Driver
05-09-2007, 05:28 PM
I thought Site 6 still belonged to the government
I believe the whole town did at one time.

sleekcraft80
05-09-2007, 05:31 PM
I know that is where the soldiers would take their R & R during the 40s and 50s. But I can't remember why they called it Site 6

2Driver
05-09-2007, 05:40 PM
Anybody wanna guess why the area is called site 6? No googling, cheaters!
I thought Bob McCulloch had someting to do with that name? Yes/No?

Riveratz
05-09-2007, 05:41 PM
Site 6 here in Havasu is suppose to be closing down due to a sale to Holiday Inn and only their guest can use this launch ramp..........The Holiday Inn will be built close to site 6 at the end of the island ......a city official told this to my friend today down at site 6 .........................i hope this is just a rumor and not facts. :mad: if you know any different ?...post up please
That would just plain suck!

JB in so cal
05-09-2007, 05:44 PM
I know that is where the soldiers would take their R & R during the 40s and 50s. But I can't remember why they called it Site 6
The area (now island) with it's 6000 + ft runways, was #6 of a series of emergency airfields built before/during WWII. If planes encountered problems on cross country training flights, they would put down at one of these sites. Better than in a field or at a civilian airfield.

sleekcraft80
05-09-2007, 05:44 PM
I just talked to a friend of mine in Havasu and told him what was going on and now he is really pissed. Maybe the LHMA could step in and do something

OutCole'd
05-09-2007, 05:48 PM
The area (now island) with it's 6000 + ft runways, was #6 of a series of emergency airfields built before/during WWII. If planes encountered problems on cross country training flights, they would put down at one of these sites. Better than in a field or at a civilian airfield.
http://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=30534&stc=1&d=1178761707

98 Vector 21
05-09-2007, 05:49 PM
That would truly suck ! What am I going to do Saturday nites?

JB in so cal
05-09-2007, 05:53 PM
http://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=30534&stc=1&d=1178761707
Thank you! Finally some recognition for all my hard work! You fag!

RitcheyRch
05-09-2007, 06:14 PM
Never been to site 6 to watch the action. Have always seen pictures. Guess will never see the action up close and personal.

sleekcraft80
05-09-2007, 06:17 PM
I have launched there numerous times with my smaller boats and I never even got into the rocks:D

sleekcraft80
05-09-2007, 06:24 PM
But I did have to give this guy a transom plug at the slips there because his ski boat was sinking. Apparently he forgot to put it in and when he tried to put it in he dropped it. His boat was completely full of people. The water level was almost to the rub rail.

2Driver
05-09-2007, 06:44 PM
That was my second guess oh great one. :D :D
http://***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=30544&stc=1&d=1178765053

shueman
05-09-2007, 06:58 PM
Watch next for a no-wake zone along that entire stretch from the Beachcomber ramp to past the Holiday Inn ramp....:jawdrop:

Warlockjer
05-09-2007, 07:06 PM
Hi, my name is Jerry and I'm a SICK FOCKER!!:):)

Havasu1986
05-09-2007, 07:19 PM
I don't get it either Rick. I would rather be back at the house with freinds instead of making fun of people at the launch ramp.:confused:

shueman
05-09-2007, 07:20 PM
I don't get it either Rick. I would rather be back at the house with freinds instead of making fun of people at the launch ramp.:confused:
+1 :cool:

Havasu_Dreamin
05-09-2007, 08:05 PM
+1 :cool:
+2

XTRM22
05-09-2007, 08:43 PM
Remember Doug, this is Havasu if you haven't heard a rumor by noon, you start one. The Holiday inn is already under construction on the island and it's not that close to site six, I sincerely doubt that #1 Holiday Inn's holding corp. would want the maintenance and liability issues, 2nd the city or state would sell property to a concession that they could make money on if they chose to themselves. Just my educated guess work here.
Oh yeah, Phebus is gay for posting that:D :confused: :D , ramp watching is educational,entertaining, and interactive, I always jump in and help when someone just isn't makin it.
Chuck

BigDoug
05-09-2007, 09:04 PM
Chuck, yes phebus is gay :D ..........now that we got that out of the way, i agree with you 100%............................there are some haters in here who probably got heckled at site 6 one time or another............the h/b crew is always first to help out in a situation, plus the entertainment value.......just priceless i tell ya !! :D

djunkie
05-09-2007, 09:11 PM
Or actually helping them put their boat on the trailer. That would be cool. I guess the cool kids like to point and laugh at people, just like high school.
Actually most of the spectators on here do just that. It is entertaining but when someone does need a hand these guys do jump right out and help.

moneypit
05-09-2007, 09:39 PM
Don't be haters... the people who deserve the hecklin' usually get it... the drunk wanna be ballers get hacked. Its their fault they don't know to lift a drive. When the Griswalds show up, they get all the help in the world.
The Holiday INN /Timeshare Line starts here...

CityGuy
05-10-2007, 07:23 AM
Totally untrue.
The Site 6 property belongs to the BLM but is under a land patent issued to Lake Havasu City. This property will in all likelihood always be publicly owned.
I think someone is just having a little fun with you...
Charlie

OutCole'd
05-10-2007, 07:27 AM
Totally untrue.
The Site 6 property belongs to the BLM but is under a land patent issued to Lake Havasu City. This property will in all likelihood always be publicly owned.
I think someone is just having a little fun with you...
Charlie
Charlie, how are we supposed to have any fun at all when you bring reality to the table??:D
Thanks for the info!

CityGuy
05-10-2007, 07:48 AM
Sorry. It's tough always being the straight guy, but sometimes people get scared by what they read here and they call me out of my cubicle for some facts. I'll go now.
Charlie